• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fated Ones [IC]

Eric the Wise
Now that he appeared to have everyone's attention, Eric could start filling them in. He pulled his hood down to reveal his dull green eyes and slightly wrinkled skin. "You see, that sensation you all felt earlier, it was a sign of something. Something evil, wicked, destructive, and it's coming for us. That feeling, that was a Spirit Beast entering your bodies. You all have been chosen by them. You are the Fated Ones. You are destined to stop the impending horde of evil sent by the necromancers. Soon enough, you should start feeling something pulling at you, as if it was trying to get you to go somewhere" he said as he looked among the group with judging intent. Unknown to them, but he was studying them, trying to figure out what they have done or where they're from. Most of them seemed to be petty criminals. Maybe this could be a shot at redemption for them, or maybe even riches. Who knows?

VioletShadow VioletShadow DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Ineptitude Ineptitude CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Again, sorry for the delay

Rena Khalsu
full
Health: Fine, but with a recovering leg wound

Equipment: Her usual outfit

Stamina: Sleepy, but attentive

(Italics mean thoughts)
(Speech marks mean speech)

Tightly, she held onto his warm hand, wiping away the residue of tears left behind. It was hard to believe that she just released all of her bottled up emotions in one fellow sweep, leaving her feeling strangely content. It was thanks to him. She admitted to herself shyly, with a subtle glance in his direction. Her gaze lingered slightly too long, as she was mesmerized by her feelings. Forcing her eyes to turn away, she was overcome with a wave of embarrassment, mixed with a slightly hurt pride. It was indeed pleasant to have such a powerful desire for someone, but, since she was so used to being independent, she was slightly displeased by how her feelings for him controlled her. A soft blush transmitted these jumbled emotions, as she looked up at the old man as he began to speak.

"The catastrophe, is returning?" She was shocked speechless, as the man told them everything in one go. Her family had told her legendary tales of the necromancer surges, and how the heroic fated ones always managed to fight them off. But, now, she's one of the fated ones? "No, this can't be." She responds bluntly, her face one of great disbelief. "I'm clumsy, useless, and I'm not even a fighter." She begins defiantly, as she rose up from her seat, her hand still tightly clutched by Daron. "Why on earth would a spiritual beast pick me? I have no redeeming qualities whatsoever, I swear even a humble farmer would have been a better choice, since even they would be stronger than the weakling I am."

Suddenly, her mind begins to throb, as she clutches her forehead in retaliation. A strange force forces her to take a step towards the door, as her body is painfully pulled in that direction. Remembering the wise man's words, she couldn't help but chuckle quietly in a sarcastic manner. "...but why me." She whispers, as she pulls Daron with her towards the door, in an effort to fufill the beast's wishes. She looks at him apologetically, as her hand begins to turn the handle.

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Raku Raku

Daron nodded at the man's response, looking down gravely. He was about to say something about being hopeful for answers, but an old man approached the pair of grizzled men and offered exactly what Daron had been hoping for right that moment: answers. He was then distracted once more by Rena running up to him, and his mind forgot all about the fight and the recent strange happenings, even the lingering pain in his side, for as long as the two shared their moment. Afterwards, they sat down and listened closely to the old man speak.

Sitting there beside Rena, Daron couldn't help but notice her lingering glance at him. He returned it with a smile and a loving look in his eyes, only for her to turn away. He only grinned wider. He found it so cute that she was so flustered just sitting by him, holding hands. He couldn't wait to watch her reaction when he first kissed her. It was not the time for such things yet, though. Daron had learned the hard way that rushing things such as kisses, I-love-yous and the like in a relationship can be detrimental to it. Hell, they'd only met yesterday and Daren had never gotten to the holding-hands stage with any of his past loves in one day before. He wasn't going to lose Rena because of something simple like that... or any reason, he told himself.

His thoughts were then pulled (with quite some difficulty, honestly) away from Rena and towards the words the old man said, causing Daron's eyes to widen. Of course, he'd heard the legends, like everyone else, but... why him? Why a criminal reduced to nothing but a pawn of the guards, kept here on a leash? Well, he supposed being a Fated One would be about the only excuse guaranteed to finally allow him to leave this damn city and truly start anew, but... it really didn't make sense as to why he was chosen. He wasn't anything special, and some ancient spirit expected him to help save the world? It didn't make any sense...

However, as Rena suddenly stood and began stammering on, it was clear that she was struggling even more than he was to comprehend all of this. Her words frustrated and saddened him a little, and made him want to embrace her right there and tell her how wrong she was, how wonderful of a person she was. However, he found that he could not get a word in edgewise and so settled for simply standing up with her and staring into her eyes sympathetically. Also, he found that she perfectly expressed his own questions, and some of his own confusion and misgivings as well, so he did not add anything.

Just when it seemed that Rena had finally given him a chance to try and give her some courage, he felt his head throb... at the same time as Rena. As she stood up, her hand still tightly clinging to his, and he felt himself pulled as much by his mind towards the door as by her, it seemed clear that both of their beasts seemed to want them to go wherever they were to go together. He smiled slightly at this, then swept his gaze over the others. "In case your beasts don't call you in the same direction, it was fun fighting with all of you."

He then turned towards Rena, and by extension the door again, and gave Rena another look of sympathy. He looked her in the eyes as she chuckled self-derisively, shaking his head at her gaze of apology. Her whispered words caused the concern in his eyes to deepen, and a look of frustration to accompany them. "Because you are much more than you think you are, Rena.... that's why. I know firsthand how hard it is to believe, but... that's the truth of it." He smiled at her, as the beasts inside of them pulled them both in the same direction. Daron wondered where it would take him but found himself not really caring, as long as he was going there with Rena.

VioletShadow VioletShadow

Last edited:
It was really convenient that when they were all dumbfounded and confused about yhe situation, awise man appeared who holds all the answers. It's straight out from a fairytale or something, heck, the setting is even the same as one. Where we're chosen by spirit animals to combat the evil forces of the necromancers. Any other day and she's ridicule the obviously crazy loon who clearly has a few screws loose, not today however. After all she'd seen today, even if he says that he's a mass of rainbows wearing a flesh suit to blend with humans, she probably won't even bat an eye. Probably.

Anyway, what she has a problem with is somethjng very petty. "So why am I a rat then?!" She complained to the man. "Sure, it may be handy and all, but still, it's a freaking rat!! What does that say about me? That I'm piss poor? Filthy? A pest?!" She went on to complain, mostly due to the anxiety and nerves she'd built up from the attack earlier. "It's not even yhe least bit heroic! Like, when they tell our tale in future generations, it'll go something like 'The brave warriors vanquished evil. There was the brave lion, the wise eagle, the strong bear, and the fast wolf. Oh yeah, there was also a rat. She just stood there, watching.' Oh gods, that'll be the lamest legacy ever! Hopefully that girl's spirit beast is worse." She said, jerking her thumb in Lucy's direction.

Raku Raku Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

"Too bad it'll be the truth. We'll all be out there kicking ass while you're huddled in a corner with your rats." Lucy said as she once again tried to ignore the throbbing in his head. "This is way past a normal headache." She thought as she rose from her seat. After the old man's explanation of what was happening was finished Lucy found it hard to ignore the facts. These spirit beasts explained that chill she felt earlier and the bandits fleeing earlier. "This is so unreal..." She trailed off as she concentrated on the spirit that now resided inside of her.

Concentrating on the image of her spirit animal Lucy turned to Pandora before taking a deep breath and letting out a hearty laugh. "Hahahahahahahaha fuck you bitch I'm a Honey badger! My animal is the most badass animal there is!" Giving the middle finger to Pandora while clutching her side's Lucy kept laughing until it was actually starting to hurt. "Oh Gods I needed that."

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse , Raku Raku

Last edited:
Elijah Foster
"Hmm..." Elijah hummed in the back of his throat, allowing the old man's words to gradually sink into his mind.

Leaning back into his seat, the mercenary allowed for a sigh to escape his lips as he was already beginning to feel the aforementioned pull that they were warned about. His trademark smile was notably absent from his lips as he stared up at the wooden ceiling with an unreadable expression plastered on his face. Shutting his ice blue eyes, he was almost immediately met with the image of a red fox, amber eyes staring back at him with it's own irremovable smile upon it's muzzle.

'How fitting.' Elijah thought to himself, opening his eyes once more as a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

Mentioned: Raku Raku

Eric
He was not surprised at all by their questions. They all were most likely confused about what they were or what they had to do or what was happening to them. He could see that the beasts wanted to move as a woman and her male companion made their way to the door after the girl went on a ramble about how anyone would be a better choice than her. Secondly, another went on about how she loathed her beast. A rat was a rarer one but its been seen before. A third woman announced rather loudly what her beast was, a honey badger. Other than the one leaving to go with his companion there were two other men. Neither had spoke up. "Listen, I understand you have questions. For one, your beast doesn't represent any part of you, it just chose you. So it doesn't mean you are filthy or poor" he said, directing it at the complaining woman. "Secondly, your beast will be taking you to the same place. So I suggest you get along with each other or it is going to be a literal hell as you journey to the necromancers" he spoke, somewhat directing it at the two who were clearly rivals. "And finally, if you don't have a weapon I suggest you go to the guards' barracks immediately because we leave momentarily" he finished, putting a little emphasis on the 'we'. Eric would be going with them because he has to cleanse the land once the necromancers were killed. Little did anyone know, he's been doing this for a while. Only the highest of holy men in the town knew of this.
VioletShadow VioletShadow DergTheDergon DergTheDergon CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Ineptitude Ineptitude

Sorry for the delay. I really need to get around to these things faster. :b/:

"Pshh no need to worry about me old man, I'm great at working with others. Just ask anyone who doesn't piss me off." Lucy said as she walked over to the bartender. "Hey man can you write a letter to my family while I'm gone? I would but I'm pretty sure I have some epic quest or something to do so I can't be bothered." The man blinked confusedly before nodding his head running into the backroom and returning with a piece of paper, an ink quill and well. "Hey dad, not gonna be able to make it home with the groceries since the town was raided by bandits. Just send Luke to get some while I'm gone from another town. Love you. P.S. I'm kind of the chosen one so I'm gonna go on an epic quest with a bitch and some other people to kill a necromancer so I probably won't be home for a bit." The bartender finished the letter and looked like he was about to ask where to send it to when she interrupted. "Just send it with someone who's going along the southern woods and someone will stop them."

Turning back Lucy took one look at the remaining people inside of the bar and threw her arms into the air. "Alright everyone let's go and kill a necromancer, get some sweet loot and save the world!" Lucy then jogged her way out of the tavern doors before stopping in the middle of the road and looking around. "Uhhh how does this spirit beast sense work exactly? Is it like a map?"

Raku Raku , CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Elijah Foster
Chugging down the rest of his ale, Elijah very nearly slammed the glass down onto the wooden table. "Well then," The mercenary began, popping the joints in his arms before picking up his halberd. He propped the polearm against his shoulder, the iron gleaming under the candlelight. "It seems as though I don't have much of a choice in this particular matter." Fishing out the necessary payment from a pouch he had strapped to his waist, he gingerly placed it on the table. He then sauntered out the door, humming a little tune to himself as he did so.

Mentioned: (...? I don't know.)

Pandora just snorted when Lucy bragged about her own spirit beast. "Pfft, yeah, a honey badger. The animal most famous for how mean and hostile it is. Man, I wonder how a bitch like you got that animal. Still though, why are you such a bitch to me? I already gave youthe gold back. " Pandora said in retort to what Lucy had to her before. Pandor was not sure why, but Lucy always manages to strike a nerve with her, and apparently Luch felt the same as her.

"Still though, why a rat? I mean, I really want to argue with miss badger over there." She said as she jerked her thumb at Lucy's direction. "But a rat isn't exactly the most useful of animals. The honey badger's probably the only one more useless than a rat though." She said sith a straight face, as if she was being very serious with her statement.

"And I still don't understand why it picked us though. Why'd those spirit animals pick two thieves, one better than the other, a pair of lovebirds, and whatever that guy is there? Why not pick, I dunno, the royal guards or something? You know, people who can actually fight necromancers and their horde of evil henchmen?" She asked the mysterious man.

VioletShadow VioletShadow @DergTheDragon Ineptitude Ineptitude Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Raku Raku

Rena Khalsu
full
Health: Fine, but with a recovering leg wound

Equipment: Her usual outfit

Stamina: Sleepy, but attentive

(Italics mean thoughts)
(Speech marks mean speech)

"...but how Daron? I don't see it, at all." She whimpered frustratedly. The cool breeze from the outdoors flew into the inn, as a small sigh escaped from her lips. She had no choice, she knew that. Perhaps she didn't need to understand why, maybe it was for the best, to leave her questions unsolved. Holding her head high, she reached a minor point of acceptance.

Resisting the beast's urges, she somehow manages to wait with her partner just outside the door, admidst the dark scene of corpses. It wasn't a good idea to head out by themselves, danger could still lurk in the darkness. Squeezing his hand gently, she looks over to Daron with an unsure smile. Afterall, he was her only source of comfort at the moment.

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Raku Raku

Daron acknowledged the words of the old man as he walked out of the room seemingly of the volition of the crocodile he could see the intense gaze of prominently within his mind, as if it was a part of his being. Rena, however, did not seem to pay those words any mind at all, laser focused on the words of the thief holding her hand, that still felt inside as if he did not deserve to hold the hand of such a pure, kind soul. Daron looked into her eyes only to hear her deny his heartfelt words. He'd been there, unable to see the good in himself. He found himself stopping in his tracks to simply look her in the eyes with a great sympathy, and a little sadness. It was clear now, as she then sighed, that words were not going to make her believe in herself.

However, looking closer, there was then a glint of acceptance in her eyes. This was relieving but, she still must have been holding on to some of her shame. "I can't make you see what I see in you, Rena," he said softly, lightly resting his hand that was not connected to one of Rena's on her shoulder. "But I swear to the gods that I've never fallen for a woman this hard in my life, but then I met you and it just kinda happened.." his hand left her shoulder and dragged gently across her cheek. "That has to count for something."

He grinned, and had half a mind to kiss her right now, however, the croc within him had other ideas as he suddenly felt an even stronger pull in the direction he was being pulled than before, all but dragging Rena along. He looked behind himself, and thankfully it seemed that the others were about to head out of the inn and follow the trailblazing pair, especially clear by the things he was hearing them say with his new sharpened sense of hearing. He would have to take the chance to talk to them all once they were on their way, the road leaving them all some time to converse, get to know their names. This was the perfect opportunity to practice his very, very rusty social skills.

For now though, it was still the pair of them, so he looked to Rena. "I feel like this is one crazy adventure we're about to go on.... and for the record, I'm glad to get to share it with you." He grinned his trademark, sly, devilish grin, squeezing her hand a little tighter.

VioletShadow VioletShadow

Last edited:
"Well first impressions are hard to shake and considering that I ended up smashing through a window on our first meeting I think my current bitchiness can be excused." Lucy shook her head as she responded to Pandora. She didn't actually hold a grudge against the girl for that but it was kind of fun pushing her buttons.

She then turned to the duo who had left the tavern before her. The two of them were engaged in a scene straight out of those romance novels that Lucy had read when she was bored. Well except for all of the blood and death and stuff, but other than that it was sweet. Unfortunately for them Lucy couldn't help but try to ruin their moment. "Oh my gods will the two of you just bone already! Also sorry about trying to rob you before, you just looked like easy marks!"

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse , VioletShadow VioletShadow , DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Pandora gave Lucy the middle finger at her reply. "Hey, it's not my fault if you can't keep up with me. Besides, what gave you the idea that slamming your face through a window was a good idea?" She asked her. She has an odd feeling that Lucy was just messin with her, though she highly doubted that.

And yeah, she agreed with Lucy's opinion regarding the two lovers. They were too clingy and lovey dovey despite the current situation. "Anyway, we should probably get a move on. Let's go do whatever it is we need to do before those guys return." She said to Eric, ignoring the lovers by the door. She was really worried that the bandits may come back, and she definitely doesn't wantto get caught up in it.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Raku Raku VioletShadow VioletShadow Ineptitude Ineptitude

Eric
Eric only shook his head as the two noted theives continued to bicker. They best learn to work together quick, because Eric wasn't going to teach them how. The host of the rat kept complaining about her Beast. Fuss, fuss, fuss! It's all that seems to come from these two! At least he didn't have to tell them twice to get going. As Eric motioned the last man to follow, he stepped out of the inn. His eyes shot immediately to the couple from before. The aura was gone. He rubbed his eyes. "What?" he said quietly. He then turned to look where he saw the woman. A lantern was shining through blue glass where she was helping the elderly woman. The man must have just been from the other one being close to them. The two continued on their own way, deviating from the path the group had to take. He looked to all of them before pulling his hood up. "Alright, into the barracks for your weapons. I'm assured that the weapons of the guard will be better than what you're carrying" he said, loud enough for them to hear. With that being said, they began to approach the guards barracks. As Eric took the lead and climbed the small flight of steps to the door the two guards standing kneeled down, furthermore showing that he was well known. As he opened the door, he turned back to the group. "Come on in" he said before entering.
Ineptitude Ineptitude CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin DergTheDergon DergTheDergon (maybe have your new character notice the group walking)

Asher
Asher was in some disbelief. He heard his father speak of these as if they were but stories, but now that that story has come to life, he could see it was true. He was one of the Fated Ones, guardians of good when the darkness threatens it. He didn't ask any questions, for they were all answered by the end of the man's speech. It seems the two girls found out what their Beasts were, a honey badger and a rat. Interesting. The other man present didn't say much either, maybe he found out what his was as well. Each time Asher blinked he saw a flash image of something. He finally shut his eyes for a few seconds and saw what his Beast was, a wolf. It's fur was black as a moonless midnight, eyes were the color of deep amber. When he opened his eyes, a look of pure amazement came across his face before returning to a slight grin. As everyone began to leave and the man motioned for him to follow Asher began to walk out of the door. He caught up with the other man who seemed to be around his age. "So, what did you get?" he asked in reference to his Beast.
Ineptitude Ineptitude

Elijah Foster
"Hmm..?" Elijah hummed upon suddenly being addressed, turning his ice blue gaze onto the man that had approached him. Tilting his head to the side, he flashed the other an amicable smile. "Ah, mine was a red fox." He easily replied to the question posed onto him once it had registered within his mind, bouncing on the soles of his feet. He would have appeared to be a very calm and tranquil person with a merciful streak, if it wasn't for the gleaming halberd that he casually held in his hands with a practiced ease. "And as for you?" The mercenary returned in an inquiring tone, curiosity dripping from his voice.

Mentioned: Raku Raku

After entering the settlement, Vrassa glanced about in astonishment, having an uneasy feeling about this place. It seemed like the village was freshly attacked... she gripped at her right rapier's hilt for a moment, squeezing it forcefully in frustration, before she calmed herself. "No use getting worked up about a place you could've done nothing to save, she thought to herself', calming down just enough to notice details about the town she now found herself in.

She noticed details such as the ragtag group of rather roughed-up looking people heading into the barracks, led by an old man. At first glance, it seemed as if they'd been in a rather nasty fight. Seeing as there was no fighting, killing or destruction currently going on in their immediate vicinity, it was safe to assume that those people had been on the town's side and had taken care of the bandits. The question then was, who the hell were they?Further, why did she feel a pull towards that old man, like she just knew he'd be a suitable guide?

Regardless of the answers to these questions (or lack thereof, in this case), Vrassa found her curiosity about the group outweighing her caution and distrust of strangers, if only a little. She approached the barracks and hung back for now, watching the group from afar. Something odd happened as she was heading to this village... she felt this odd pain, and then, once it subsided, she could see... more, for lack of a better ward. Small details, from farther away tan she ever thought possibly. She also felt lighter on her feet, slmost as if she could life into the air and fly off, but not quite. Maybe comeone here would have answers as to what was happening to her. A woman could hope, anyway.

Last edited:
Lucy rolled her eyes as Pandora flipped her the bird. They were alike in a weird way. They both cussed like there was no tomorrow and they both knew their way around a rooftop. "And uhhhh... huh is that really all we have in common? Thought there was more." Shaking her head Lucy followed Eric as he lead the group towards the guards barracks. "Wait so we can take whatever we want? Jackpot!" Lucy pumped her fist as Eric explained that they could take weapons from the guards barracks. Even if she was never going to use whatever she took she could always sell it for some coin. Nothing the guards had could beat her axes, they were so much more universal than a simple sword.

As they were about to enter the barracks Lucy felt a pair of eyes settle on her as she stopped and turned to scan the streets. Her eyes settled on a woman around her own age. She had two rapier like swords strapped to her hip and she appeared to be observing the group. "Oi Pandora, what do ya think of her?" Lucy nudged Pandora and jerked her head in the direction of the woman. "Getting a weird vibe from her. She smells different from a normal person, and before you say anything no not in that way."

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse , DergTheDergon DergTheDergon , Raku Raku

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back