• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fated Ones [IC]

The Beasts arrive
Little known to the brave fighters below, the Spirit Beast had come, as this would not be the last time the few would fight. The Beasts were in search of their hosts, and they had found them. The Beasts approached their selected unseen by them, but the thieves could see them clear as day. They began to run as fast as possible away, shouting "They're here!" and "The Beasts have come!". As the Spirit Beast entered their hosts, the host would feel a surge of "power" run through them. They're hairs will stand on end for a second before the Beast settles in. The abilities would set in almost immediately.

Asher was having a grand time as he fought the bandits. It was a feeling he would miss as the thieves' numbers lessened. Lost in thought, he was caught off guard by an attacker as they slashed down on him. Asher dove out of the way and as the same bandit made another motion to attack a guard stepped in to defend. With a nod, Asher stood back up and continued the fight. He was utterly confused when they began running away and shouting "They're here!". His confusion was then replaced by a sudden jolt of energy that made him whip his head back. As the feeling settled he felt something, an almost heightened awareness over everything. Better hearing, better sense of smell, he felt stronger. What just happened? Why were they saying "The Beasts have come"? The few guards around him knelt down, as they knew what was going on. The Beasts have awoken, meaning something grim is near

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon VioletShadow VioletShadow Ineptitude Ineptitude Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
(they're here!!!)

Rena Khalsu
full
Health: Still bleeding slightly

Equipment: Her nightwear, slightly torn.

Stamina: Shocked awake

(Italics mean thoughts)
(Speech marks mean speech)

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a bandit ready his bow, aiming directly towards her. Instinctively, she ducks to the left of her window slightly panicking. When will this nightmare end? She thinks tiredly, as she ponders what to do. I'm not helping much...should I leave? She hated the idea of abandoning the citizens of this town, but what if she was a burden, to those protecting the inn? She grits her teeth frustratedly. With the knowledge that she isn't particularly good at defending or attacking the bandits, she wonders what to do.

Suddenly a painful scream reaches her ears, with a familiar voice that had lingered in her mind the entire time. Instantly, she rushed downstairs only to find the man she was seeking, swarmed by bandits. Her heart stopped for a moment, as she saw his blood. "Daron! NO!" She screamed in terror, as she began to throw the knives in her hand. "Don't die! Please!" Her knives didn't hit the bandits vitally, only a few arms and torsos here and there. "Daron..." She wanted to deny it. But it was hopeless now. She had fallen for him. The blood on his shirt had spread, perhaps exaggerating the injury. "Don't go, just after I've realized my feelings for you..." She moans as her voice begins to strain, and as tears flow down her face. The bandits, completely focused on defeating the warrior that has taken down so many of their brethren, suddenly start running out of the inn, with absolutely terrified expressions.

"The beasts! They're here!" She hears them shouting. Forgetting that, she rushes towards Daron in a panic. Pulling up his shirt forcefully, she inspects his deepest wound. "Oh god..." She stares at the constant stream of blood, and ruptured skin. "We need to appl-" Suddenly, her body tenses up, as a strange force overwhelms her. As the feeling subsides, and a tingling sensation is left behind, her body suddenly feels like lead, as she collapses on the floor. Quickly afterwards however, her body weight feels as if it had returned to normal, as she raises herself off the floor in an extremely perplexed state. All of a sudden, typically quiet sounds magnify themselves to produce a rather loud noise. Her arms feel strangely light and flexible, as she stretches them out confused.

Looking up at Daron, she realizes he is still bleeding out.
Ripping off the sleeves of her nightwear, she hurriedly begins to apply pressure to his stab wound. Concentrating heavily on saving him, she ignores everything that had happened a few moments ago.

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Last edited:
In the midst of his despair and panic at feeling he was going to die, his vision blurring, he swore he heard someone calling his name. The voice was familliar, but it took him a few seconds to recognize who it was. It was Rena…. The despair, the anguish, in her voice caused his heart to sink. One of the bandits got another shot in at him while he was turning to see her, and he cried out in pain. Tears of mixed pain and sadness welled in his eyes as he barely caught a glance as he barely caught a glance of her face through the wall of bloodthirsty bandits surrounding him.

“Rena!” He called out back to her, acting on impulse, unsure why he was calling to her really. That look on her face… it looked like the expression of someone who’d lost a loved one, someone very dear to them… he knew it well. Did Rena…. Truly return his feelings? He supposed he’d never find out, and more tears filled his eyes at that thought.

Daron fell to his knees and closed his eyes. ‘This is it, huh? This is how I die? And to think… I just found what might be real love for the first time…”

All of a sudden, a bandit shouted something about beasts, Daron not quite able to make the sentence out due to his lightheadedness and being on the verge of unconsciousness. He felt the looming figures all about him beginning to move away, and opened his eyes to see that, to his great surprise, that bandits were running away. But from what. He saw no one else still staying put besides him and the others who’d been defending the inn. He smiled when he met Rena’s eyes, clutching his side, the gaze in his eyes trying to tell her “I’m okay.”

She didn’t seem to buy it, and rushed over to him, fussing about and saying a lot of words which he heard very few of clearly, lightheaded as all hell. He was going to fall unconscious whether she stopped the bleeding or not, he could tell. He smiled up at her, weakly putting a shaking hand on her shoulder, hoping to calm her a little.

And that very moment… he felt it. A sudden rush of energy within his being, slight pain especially in his mouth, but in other parts of his body as well. Greatly disoriented by this development in addition to his blood loss, Daron half-collapsed, using his hands to steady himself n the floor as he breathed heavily. Then, all of a sudden.. His vision enhanced, as well as his sense of smell. He looked up at Rena and swore he was able to… smell and even see her body heat as she fussed about and seemed to have something happening to her body as well. Also, Rena would see his teeth growing and graining sharp points that fit together like a crocodile’s.

As he sees Rena collapse, Daron’s eyes widen. “Rena!” He calls out weaklu, as he atttempts to reach over and assist her only to lose balance and collapse himself. The blood loss had taken quite a toll on him, clearly.

He managed to smile after seeing Rena pull herself up, not hurt apperently. What was happening, though? Daron shook his head weakly as she ripped a peice of fabric from her dress to bandage his wound. “You don’t have to…” he didn’t finish his sentence before she had already pressed the fabric to his skin, and he sighed.
Daron smiled at Rena, and with the last of his strength, reached for her other hand and weakly grabbed it. Looking up into her eyes. “Hey Rena…” he said, grinning a bit. “I really like you. Maybe after I recover… we can… go out… sometime.” With that, he passed out. Classic Daron, girls always being foremost on his mind… especially now that he’d met Rena.

VioletShadow VioletShadow

Rena Khalsu
full

Equipment: Her nightwear, torn, without sleeves and shortened.

Stamina: Shocked awake

(Italics mean thoughts)

Realizing his hand was on her shoulder, she looked up at him to find that his skin had grown incredibly pale. He was clearly very quickly losing strength. All of a sudden, he collapsed, only barely able to hold himself off the ground. Instantaneously, she kneeled down to gently lay his head on the floor, in order to prevent head damage. Just as she collapsed and was overcame by a rush of power, she noticed that Daron's teeth were morphing into a dangerous shape, despite quickly forgetting that fact afterwards.

"Daron! It's okay I'm fine, don't overexert yourself." She orders in concern, as she recovers and begins to aid Daron once more, now on the floor, by applying pressure to his injury. Surprised by his sudden proposal, she gives a sweet smile and nods, before watching his consciousness drift away. His life was more important than their relationship right now, so she kept her thoughts on this situation for another time, as she deftly began to decide on how to save his life.

Chances are, the village doctor was either dead, or had run away.
Most likely dead. She thinks as she remembers the massacre literally minutes ago. "Hello? Is anyone a doctor here?" She called out loudly, despite knowing the chances were slim. Rena was not a doctor, but she had read a few books on basic first aid, so hopefully she could do at least something to prolong his life, if no one came after hearing her. The nearest village is a few days travel from here... what should I do? No doubt now, she was beginning to panic. Think Rena! You don't have long! Come on all the books you read weren't for nothing were they?! "Uhm, um." After a few moments, she decides to at least get him to a bed.

Removing the bloodied cloth of her dress from his side, she realized the bleeding was quite slight now. Somewhat bandaging the wound up, by ripping off the hem of her dress and wrapping it round with what little material she had, she smiles as his appearance seemed a lot better now. Lifting the body up, she realizes how light he is, unaware of the increase in her strength. Carefully going up the stairs, she heads to her room, ignoring the bloody scene of dead bandits and such, and cautiously lays him on her bed. Pondering what to do next, she sits on a chair in her room, her door and window open to supply fresh air, and watches his relatively calm sleeping face.

Last edited:
Asher looked among the guards that had knelt down to him. What the hell is happening? he questioned internally. He truly didn't know what was happening. Why were those thieves shouting about the Beasts? They only come during a Necromancer Surge. Could this mean it's coming? He knew time would answer his questions but for now he wanted to make sure people were okay. Asher then remembered the couple from the Inn. He knew that place was hit by the thieves, he could only hope he'd arrive to see the bandits' blood and not theirs'. He ran to the Inn quickly and stopped at a pool of blood with no body. "Wha-?" he said under his breath. He looked up and into the doors of the Inn and saw someone that appeared to be carrying another. Being the "kind" soul he is, Asher wanted to check if they were alright. He pursued loosely as they climbed the staircase. As the two went into a room Asher waited and acted as if he was checking room to room. "Everyone alright?" he bellowed, hoping to get a response from one of the two.

VioletShadow VioletShadow DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Rena Khalsu
full

Equipment: Her nightwear, torn, without sleeves and shortened

Stamina: Shocked awake, but growing sleepy

(Italics mean thoughts)

Slowly nodding off, Rena was snapped out of her half-asleep daze by a voice checking the safety of those still here. Heading out of her room, closing the door behind her in order to quieten the noise for Daron, she notices the archer from earlier. "Hello, sir." She begins quietly, slightly unsure of what to call Daron for now. They weren't in a relationship, but they were at least friends. She resolves her answer quickly. "Um, my friend is currently suffering from a couple of injuries. Do you by any chance know how to help him? Or perhaps you can contact a doctor?" She pleads, a clear desperation in her eyes.

Raku Raku

"Heh, done shit like this? Yeah, I did. Not all the time, but sometimes I have to. It takes too long ti enter a city sometimes, other times I'm not allowed in one." She said, the alley to te sewer already in sight. "We just need to enter that sewer and we're safe. After that it's up to you if we stay there to hide or continue to find the exit."

However, it seems like they won't even need to enter the sewer. Once they entered the alley leading towards the sewer, suddenly the bandits all started panicking and running away, all shouting something about Beasts or something. "Well, that's weird. At least we won't need to go to the sewers then." She said, happy with how things turns out. Looks like things are starting to look up for her.

Suddenly, a strange feeling started welling up inside her. She feels a strange energy inside her, something she has never felt before. It felt... good, but somehow invasive? Well, at least things turned out all right in the end. Hah! Of course something had to go wrong. Rats started to swarm out of the sewer, a blanket spreading out towards them.

"Oh shit! What the fuck is going on?!" She shouted as she ran away from the rats. "Hey run!" She shouted at Lucy.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Asher smiled as the woman came out of the room. As she was explaining what happened to her friend he could see the worry in her eyes. He didn't know much about healing someone, but he had basic knowledge. In his past he's suffered injuries where he needed to play doctor for himself. Most of what he knows is common sense, some of it was actual medical practice. "I have some skill in the practice of medicine. Perhaps it may be enough for your friend" he told her as he approached the room. Still, this new sense of heightened awareness was yanking at his curiosity. What had happened? What was that feeling from before? What caused it? As it always is, time will answer.

VioletShadow VioletShadow

"Guess that would explain why you smell like shit, surprised the bandits don't smell you coming a mile away." Lucy said as the duo stepped out of the alley. She could see the entrance to the sewer right down another alleyway however before they could reach it the bandits spotted them. The bandits then.....ran away screaming? "Huh, I always knew I was intimidating but this is new even for me." It just didn't make any sense. Why would they assault the village, burn and pillage what they could and then turn tail and run at the drop of a pin?

"Any idea what that was abo-HAHAHAH!" Lucy suddenly felt a large chill go up her spine as she shuddered. "The hell was that?" she paused to sniff before bringing her hands up to cup her nose "Ahh what the hell, you somehow smell even worse now. Like a bunch of wet rats." As Lucy turned around she nearly screamed as a wave of rats began to race towards them. "Fuck we need to get back to the Inn, we can douse them in alcohol and burn the fuckers." She said as she ran towards the Inn. "What the actual fuck is going on today!?"

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Rena Khalsu
full

(Italics mean thoughts)

Her eyes gleamed with hope at his reply. "Oh, thank you so much!" She smiled brightly. Gesturing towards her room, and opening the door, she glanced at Daron to see if any improvements were made. He didn't look very different from earlier, but luckily he didn't seem to be suffering too much. As the man began his inspection, she was surprised to hear shouts from outside her open window. Peeking her head through, she noticed the two thieves from earlier running away from...a swarm of rats? "Eeek!" She couldn't help but recoil at the scene. She never particularly liked rats or mice, but for some reason they appeared particularly repulsive at the moment. Noticing that they were heading inside the inn, a sudden fear hit her. What if they bring the rats upstairs? Immediately checking on Daron, she knows that he is in no shape to run away or fight off a bunch of rats. Without thinking, she runs downstairs to fight the rats off if they attempted to climb the staircase.

Raku Raku DergTheDergon DergTheDergon CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

"Why the fuck are you asking me?!" Pandora shouted back at Lucy. This day is weird, period. "And fuck you! I don't smell like shit and I smell fucking better than you!" She said, never getting the chance to reply to that remark a while back.

She ran inside the closest in, which just happened to be the one the girl Lucy tried to rob stays in. "I blame all of you for this weird day, let me say that at least before we get devoured by the rats." She said as she slammed the door after Lucy went in. Pandora had to literally push with all her stength to keep the door closes, the rats slamming their collective weights upon the door.

"Oh shit that windows!" She shouted out a bit too late. The rats entered through the windows and smashed through the closed ones. They were starting to fill the lower level, and strangely enough, all seemed to be heading towards her. "Stop!" Se instinctively shouted. She realized how stupid it was since the rats won't listen to her, except, they did. In an instant, every rat stood still, all of them looking at her. "This day is messed up." She muttered in amazement, looking at the swarm of rats who just followed her order.

VioletShadow VioletShadow Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

"Bullshit your smell is probably what's attracting these fucking rats in the first place!" Lucy yelled as she practically threw herself into the interior of the inn. She scrambled to her feet before turning to face the door while backpedaling away to get some distance. Noting that the girl who she had tried to rob was standing in the middle of the inn Lucy briefly wondered why her nightgown was torn up before turning back to Pandora who was literally being pushed back from the door as the rats slammed against it.

However the rats seemed smart enough to realize that there was more than one entrance to the inn as they came bursting in through the windows. "OH GOD I DON'T WANT "KILLED BY RATS" TO BE WRITTEN ON MY TOMBSTONE!" Lucy had climbed up on top of one of the inns tables as a sea of rats flowed into the inn and made a b line for Pandora. She screamed for them to stop, for whatever good it would do, and they fucking stopped. Like literally they all stopped and stared at her. "Okay I know I said it before, but what the actual fuck is going on today?" Lucy said as looked over the sea of rats. "So are you like the rat queen or do you just smell like them?"

VioletShadow VioletShadow , CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Rena Khalsu
full

(Italics mean thoughts)

Just as she was about to sigh in relief at the rats stuck outside, they suddenly swarmed through the windows in a collective motion. Instinctively, she grabbed the nearest bar stool and lifted it with ease over her head, ready to bash the rats, but quivering at the same time in fear. However, they completely ignored everything, concentrating solely on the ginger-haired woman. Just as they were about to touch her, the thief shouted in desperation, causing the rats to completely halt.

"What? What did you just do? Are they all your pets or something?" She asked in disbelief, trying her hardest to comprehend the scene before her. For some reason, the swarm of rats frightened her greatly, as she couldn't move from her position to go even a step closer to inspect the rats. "Can you tell them to leave?" She asks, trying to keep her voice steady.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

"Fuck you Lucy." She said to the girl. "Shut up or I'll sic them on you." She threatened Lucy. It was a threat she didn't mean, but the rats started to swarm to Lucy. "Oh fuck! Stop! I didn't mean that!" Thankfully, the rats listened to her before any damage could be done. "Oh gods, this is so weird." She said as she told the rats go spin using her finger, and they did.

"Oh yeah, they're totally my pets. That's why we were fleeing from them in mortal terror just a while ago." She sarcastically replied to the girl. "Sit." She told the rat, experimenting with her new found ability. The rats all sat up, their forelegs in front of them like a begging dog. "Oh man. I can totally use this to scare people away in a market." Pandora said, already contemplating how she would use the rats. For now though, she wasn't sure how long her control would last, so she sent them back to the sewers and the rats were gone. "Oh man, this is probably the best thing that happened today."

VioletShadow VioletShadow Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Asher followed the girl into the room where her friend lie injured. As he looked over the man's wound he came to the conclusion that this man had been stabbed. The makeshift tourniquet the woman applied was sufficient in stopping him from bleeding out. "He'll be alright, for now. But a doc-" he said before being cut off by screaming from outside. It was something about rats. He pursued the woman behind her and was met with one hell of a site. A swarm of rats came in behind the two women from before. The women seemed terrified and disgusted by the rats but Asher was unfazed. He hated rats, but wasn't scared of them. As the two thieves bickered and the woman asked one of them to order the rats to leave, Asher smiled. What a fucking mess he thought. Once the rats left, Asher stood on a step. "So, that was something" he said with a chuckle. Looking to the bar where there was a clearly confused and terrified bartender, a thought ran through his head. "Alright, who wants a drink? I'm buying" he said as he walked over to the bar.

Meanwhile, a man, a clergy to be exact, was walking through the streets. He was in search of those who had been chosen by the Beasts.

VioletShadow VioletShadow CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Lucy was not proud to say that she screamed when the rat swarm started to move towards her. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" She slightly stepped backwards on instinct to run however she forgot that she was currently on top of a table as she fell backwards onto the hard ground. "FUCK!" She scrambled backwards on the floor until her back pressed against the wood of the bar. The rats stopped when Pandora told her too as as she made them twirl around with her finger. "Seriously how are you doing this?"

A new voice made Lucy turn towards the stairs as the man from the bar that she had talked to earlier stood on the plainly stated that that was something. He then offered to pay for drinks if anyone wanted one which had Lucy nodding her head. She'd need a lot more than just a drink to calm her down after that but it was a good place to start. Getting up from the floor she sat herself down on the nearest stool as she turned to the man. "So how were things over here? Did they get into the inn?" She asked as she motioned for the bartender to get her a drink.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse , Raku Raku , VioletShadow VioletShadow

Last edited:
Rena Khalsu
full
Health: Fine, but with a recovering leg wound

Equipment: Her usual outfit

Stamina: Sleepy

(Italics mean thoughts)

Eyeing all the rats dispersing into the streets, she sighs in relief, before noticing everyone returning to their daily business. Deciding to not question the absurdity of it all, she headed back upstairs to check on Daron. He was sleeping soundly, and appeared to be recovering his energy somewhat. Remembering that the bartender was fine, she found hope that perhaps the doctor was still alive and well in the village. At this point, Rena was feeling quite strained in her energy. She sleepily began to change her clothes so that she could head outside, completely forgetting the fact that Daron was in the same room as her, though unconscious.

Quickly heading downstairs in her usual outfit, she looked outside cautiously. She couldn't help but wince at the devastating scene. Blood and corpses littered the ground, as she watched people pray and mourn for their lost ones. It was a forlorn sight, even more so with the little light supplied by candles and lanterns. Just realizing she didn't have her own source of light, she realized it would be a futile attempt to try and find a doctor at this time. With a strong desire to somehow help the victims of this event, she merely began helping an old woman carry her husbands body to the graveyard.

Daron tossed and turned, drifting in and out of sleep and half-wakefulness as he heard screams, skittering and other commotion. He wanted to get up and do something about it, but his body was far too weak and in pain and he kept falling back asleep. Finally, after a little longer, he finally opened his eyes and had a semblance of lingering wakefulness. He dragged himself to a sitting position, groaning in pain ,adn immidiately looked all around the room, remembering Rena's sweet smile and nod, the last thing he saw before he lost consciousness. She was nowhere to be found, sending him into a panic and makaing him stand, wincing and hissing in pain but holding himself up by one of the four bedposts.

Slowly, holding his side and wincing in pain with each step, he hobbled from the room . "Rena?" He called out softly. He was took weak to yell yet, or he would indeed raise his voice as she did not answer.

Daron found himself dragging himself down the stair,s one hand on his dagger in case she was in trouble... or in case he needed to avenge her. Damned if he were to lose the only female he'd ever cared this much about before they even got to know each other beyond one or two deep conversations and a proposition for a date.

"Rena... Rena..." he continued calling out, grabbing onto everything he could in order to hobble through the building. Eventually, he made it all the way out the door and gazed around tiredly at all the bodies, gulping and starting to shake with fear as he felt that Rena could be one of them.

Then, off in the distance a bit, he saw her, helping an old woman carry the corpse of a man, likely her husband. "Rena! Thank the gods..." He called out, with a strength he didn't know he had. He felt a little more energy flow through him just at seeing her, as he held onto the railing of the inn's porch with all his might to keep collapsing onto the floor.

VioletShadow VioletShadow (and @ everyone else who wants to interact with our resident dead man walking :P)

Elijah Foster
"Are you alright?" Elijah's smooth voice cut through Daron's bout of hysteria, his ever-present smile on his lips as he approached the man from behind.

As nonchalant as he may have seemed at that moment, Elijah's smile was unusually strained if you bothered to look closely, and he would almost visibly flinch whenever a loud noise is produced near him. The mercenary was still adjusting to his suddenly enhanced senses, especially his sense of hearing. Not even the faintest of sounds escaped him, and to be honest, it was rather aggravating to get used to.

Mentioned: DergTheDergon DergTheDergon (Hot damn, have I been gone for a long time.)

"Pfft!" Pandora stifled a laugh when she saw Lucy screaming and fslling over a table. Oh man, that was hilarious! Oh, after everything thst happened today, she really needed that. She still has no idea what the heck just happened today, but she felt a little bit better now, just a little. "Oh yeah, we should probably just drink and get drunk. After all, there's totally no way that those bandits aren't going to return and finish the job while we're and passed out." Pandora sarcastically said as she followed them to the bar.

"Sooo, does anyone has any idea what the fuck just happened? Like, why did the bandits attack this town then just run away screaming like a little bitch?" She said as she helped herself to a drink, downing it at once. "Or, you know, maybe the fact that I can freaking control rats!?! You know?! Did you all forget that?!" Pandora shouted as she slammed the glass on the counter. "Is there world ending or something?"

Eric the Wise
The robed man found where they were. He could see a young woman assisting an elderly one carry her husband to his grave. She had the blue aura surrounding her body that only he could see, this marked her as one of the Fated Ones. As he walked towards her he motioned a guard to take her place and help the old woman. "Please, go to the Inn. I must speak with you" he said in a soft tone. He walked towards the Inn where two men were standing, one seemed injured. "Please come inside, I must have a word with you two" he said with the same soft tone. As he entered the Inn he caught the tail end of what one of the women inside said. "It will if you do not listen to me. Now please, gather round" he said, voice projected loud enough for them to hear clearly.
Asher sighed as he took a sip of his drink. As the woman, Lucy, asked him if they got in he made a hand gesture to point to a bloodied body on the floor. "Yeah, but looks like someone else stopped them" he said. He was seriously questioning what just happened. What the bloody hell just happened? he thought as he chugged the rest of his drink. Unsheathing a knife and grabbing a small cloth the side of his quiver, he started to wipe the blood off of it. He took notice to the injured man from before as he made his way out the door. He was about to order another drink before an old man came in and commented on what Pandora said. Asher immediately recognized him as Eric the Wise, one of the town's top clergies. "Probably to congratulate us" he whispered to Lucy before standing up and walking over to Eric.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin VioletShadow VioletShadow DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Ineptitude Ineptitude CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Rena Khalsu
full
Health: Fine, but with a recovering leg wound

Equipment: Her usual outfit

Stamina: Sleepy

(Italics mean thoughts)

As she carried the body, she could feel her heart break as the old woman tried to smile at her with gratitude, whilst wiping away her constant flow of tears. It stung painfully, knowing that there was so much more she could have done. Whilst gritting her teeth, she was snapped out of her regretful thoughts, by a voice she dearly wanted to hear. Whipping her head round, she gave the biggest, most relieved smile she'd ever made. Just as she was about to be overcome with emotion, an old man suddenly tapped her on the shoulder. Puzzled by the event, even more so with the strange events she blocked from her mind earlier, she could only stand speechless as a guard took the body from her and ushered her to go inside. Why...? Wait there was a guard here who wasn't helping the villagers? Why does that man wish to speak with me? Does he have an explanation for the event? If so, shouldn't he call a speech for the whole village instead of just for a few of us? What's really going on here? She could literally feel her mind slowly go blank from all the confusion.

However, as her eyes made their way to Daron, she was simply flooded with happiness and relief. She didn't want to think about anything anymore, it was all too stressful. But she knew she had to, because it would effect who she was. Rushing over to him, she embraced his chest with a strong grip, afraid that he might suddenly collapse or disappear there and then. Tears unwillingly flowed from her eyes, fatigued greatly from everything. Freya Lizantoth, the thievery attempt, the massacre, the fact that she had to injure/kill actual people, the fact that Daron almost died, the strange rat swarm and the regrets of not being able to protect the village, all of it, was simply way too much for a single day. Weeping uncontrollably from the stress of it all, she rests her head against him.

After a period of continuous tears, she blushes, before helping Daron make his way to the old man who had requested to meet with them.

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Raku Raku

In the midst of his hysteria, Daron heard a smooth male voice from behind him. He turned and faced the man, and took a deep breath. "I... I'm fine. A little hurt and until moments ago, afraid I'd lostsomeone I care very much about but.... I'm fine." He then managed his own strained smile. He felt a little ashamed that he was behaving this way and not cool, calm, and collected as he always strived to seem no matter how he was truly feeling at any given moment. Recent events had ensured that Daron was not able to keep up such appearances, however. The man's words centered him. "What on earth is happening to us?" He asked the man.
Ineptitude Ineptitude

In his stupor caused by recent events, coupled with the odd sensations caused by his heightened hearing and smell, he didn't notice the mysterious old man until he approached Daron and Elijah and directly addressed them. Something inside Daron told him that he absolutely needed to heed the man's words. He looked the wised-looking man in the eyes and nodded. "After I get to speak with another," he said, while his eyes wandered over towards Rena again.

When thier eyes met, he smiled back at her in just as relieved a fashion. He saw a guard take Rena's place in helping the survivors, causing Daron to wonder if such was the old man's doing. he seemed to want to speak to everyone who'd been defending the inn for whatever reason.

Daron's eyes widened as Rena ran up to him and embraced him so suddenly. After the shock faded however, he wrapped his arms around her gently. "Rena... I'm so glad you're safe.... and obviously, I'm okay too. Ahh! Don't squeeze too hard though!" Once Rena most likely let up due to his pained protest, he relaxed and closed his eyes, enjoying her warmth. "Rena..." he whispered softly, leltting her sob against his chest. Tears started to well in his eyes too, and he silently cried into her shoulder as they stood there and held each other. Words didn't seem appropriate to him right now. This is it, he thought, while standing there with his arms gently wrapped about Rena's back. He was falling in love with this girl.

He held her, consoling her as best he could with his touch, until she had cried all the tears she needed. The two then walked inside and sat down at a table nearby the man that had asked everyone to meet him, Rena supporting Daron's wounded body with a strength and sturdiness that seemed odd for such a small girl. Was this another of the odd effects of whatever happened to them? He wondered if this old man knew something about that... regardless, Daron simply grasped Rena's hand and attentively met eyes with the man, refusing to let go of Rena's hand the entire time. He doubted Rena would want to let go either.

Raku Raku VioletShadow VioletShadow

Last edited:
"Gather around? What is this fucking story time? I'm a little busy here trying to piece together how exactly I'm supposed to get supplies when I'm pretty sure all of the people at the market are dead or have left the town." Lucy took a long sip of her drink before slamming the cup onto the counter. Turning to face the robed man Lucy said "And honestly between having my coin robbed from me by that bitch there," She jerked her thumb towards the offending bitch before continuing "Smashing through a god damn window while chasing after said bitch, then waking up to bandits who wanted to rape, burn and pillage anything they could and finally being chased by a horde of rats being controlled by, you guessed it, the very same bitch who stole my coin I honestly don't give a flying fuck what you have to say!"

Lucy's head was throbbing now, whether from the alcohol or from the number of bumps and bruises she received throughout the day she couldn't tell. She brought a hand up against her temple to lessen the throbbing however the pain still remained. "So say what you're gonna say and then get the fuck out of my face, because right now I feel like punching you right in your dumb face."

Raku Raku , CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Elijah Foster
"Frankly, I have no clue." Elijah shrugged in response to the man's question, offering him a sheepish smile. "I don't think there's much we can do about it either way." He answered with about as much honesty as a mercenary can give in a situation like this.

Almost as if those words were a trigger, a robed old man had made his way over to the vicinity, adressing the both of them as he did so. It seemed that struck a chord within the young mercenary, and he felt compelled to heed the man's words, if only to find some answers on whatever it is that was happening. Thus, he immediately followed the old man into the Inn. Besides... He gave a quick glance back over to the man he spoke with as he shared a tender kiss hug with the woman from earlier. It seemed that he was having a moment. One that he didn't feel like getting caught up in, as sweet as the scene may be to some.

Entering the Inn once more, Elijah offhandedly noted the other three people as he took a seat not too far from the mysterious robed man. Raising a hand, he gestured to one of the barmaids for a pint of ale, brandy to be specific. He had a feeling that the only way he'd be able to fully comprehend what they were going to be told was with liquor. And a lot of it. When he got what he had ordered shortly afterwards, the couple duo from earlier finally came back in, sitting together at their own table. And, he slyly noted, the two of them refused to let go of the other's hand. Gulping down the contents of his cup, he mentally prepared himself for what was about to be revealed.

Mentioned: DergTheDergon DergTheDergon VioletShadow VioletShadow Raku Raku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back