• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ๐™จ

jamie
Four whole months. It had been four months, maybe more, since Dean left the world, and as much as Jamie was disappointed by that, she also hated that it caused their little group of sorts to drift apart. Logan headed back to spend more time with Bobby, coping the way she knew best. Sam... Jamie wasn't so sure about Sam. She assumed he'd want to work with her, to try and find a way to get Dean back, but after their first plan backfired and led them nowhere, they drifted apart too.

Not for lack of trying on Jamie's part though. No, she was still determined to find a way to bring him back, apparently more determined than Sam was since he'd gone off the radar completely. Eventually, Jamie knew she had to give up what hope she was holding onto. No demons were willing to make any deals because they though they'd hit the jackpot, by finally nabbing one of the legendary Winchester brothers. Jamie hated it, but she also knew she just had to move on. She'd run out of options.

Besides, there was one more brother. One she could probably still save since something was obviously wrong with him. She understood though. He just lost his big brother. Someone who'd been like a big brother to her too, as much as Logan had always been like a sister to her, from the moment they met. Jamie couldn't waste time anymore. She had to focus on the present, and what she could do to help the people whom she loved that were still alive.

Tracking down Sam went a little faster than trying to find willing demons ready to make a deal for Dean's soul. All she had to do was track the GPS from his phone, and now, a couple of hours later, Jamie was back in the town that was close to where Dean had been buried. Jamie hadn't thought about Sam staying so close to the site of the burial, but it worked for her since she hadn't been very far off to begin with.

Finding the room number went by quickly, and right now, Jamie stood in front of the door, a little hesitant. She wasn't sure what state she'd find Sam in, and she wasn't prepared on what to say either, but she had to just go through with it so she sucked in a breath, and raised a hand to knock.

Not moments later, the door opened up again, but instead of Sam, Jamie was looking up at a slightly taller woman with fair skin and dark hair. And she was... scantily dressed, to say the least.

Jamie clearly wasn't expecting that, so she blinked a few times before speaking. "I'm sorry, I guess I have the wrong room."

dean
Dean wasn't sure how much time had passed while he was in hell. He didn't know how he got out either. All he knew was that he was no longer there and being tortured. Somehow, he was free, and all he had to show for it was a handprint on the side of his arm. Almost as if someone had pulled him out. Only, Dean had no idea who could do something like that, and he didn't even know why they'd want to. He couldn't think about any of that now, because there were more important things to be done first.

After freshening up in a nearby gas station โ€” and experiencing the worst sound known to man from an unidentifiable source โ€” Dean was on his way. Hot-wiring a car was a piece of cake but oh how he missed his baby. It was easily one of the first things on his mind, after Bobby, Sam, Logan and Jamie. He didn't doubt that his car was being kept safe by his brother, but Dean wouldn't really know since Sam didn't answer his phone when he tried to call. Neither did Jamie.

Bobby did, and it was relief for a moment, till Bobby assumed it was all some cruel joke and hung up on him. Dean had ultimately decided against calling Logan. He wasn't sure why. Maybe part of him didn't want her to think it was all a joke too, and perhaps part of him thought she wouldn't take too well to thinking it was a joke. No, he didn't want to do that to her. Besides, where he was going, he was sure he was bound to find her too.

Dean knew the roads like the back of his hand, because Bobby's home pretty much was home, and it had been that way for a long time. The radio played in the background but Dean wasn't really paying attention, because as much as he knew that he wasn't getting answers immediately, he still had so many questions, and they refused to leave his mind alone.

Fortunately for him, he reached soon enough. The familiar sight made it all seem like it was too good to be true, but this was real. He was sure of it.

Dean took one last sip of the soda he grabbed from the gas station. It was his third one, but it seemed like no matter how much he drank, his thirst never seemed to get quenched. It was getting better, at least, which was something. Anyway, his thirst was the least of his issues when two close family members were just a couple of feet away.

Dean walked up to the door and wasted no time knocking โ€” more like banging, since he wanted so desperately for this all to be real. "Bobby?" He called out, in the hopes that his voice might coax them to move faster. "Logan?"

Last edited:
"logan walthers . . .

zgBBo1L.jpg
It had been...a long four months, to say the least. After once again seeing her family fall apart, it had taken all she'd had to get up and actually head back to Bobby's with Sam and Jamie. If Logan was being honest, she wasn't too sure what had happened after...Dean had been taken. All she really remembered was coming to on Bobby's couch, listening as the old man cursed about something in the kitchen.

She sighed, shaking her head, raising one arm up and whacking herself lightly. She needed to stop thinking about this. Stop going down that rabbit hole because once she started, she'd never be able to stop. And she couldn't do that to Bobby. She couldn't shut down on him again, not like she did before. Lola knew it wasn't fair to the old hunter to keep helping her back on her feet. She was twenty-six years old, an adult, and a hunter now. She needed to learn how to stand on her own.

She sighed and opened the fridge, grabbing whatever ingredients caught her eye that could make something edible. She bumped the door with her hip as she turned, heading to the stove. At Bobby's raised voice, she paused, setting everything down on the counter and headed towards where he spent most of his time doing research. "You okay Bobby?" she asked, leaning against the wall.

He just grunted, waving a hand in her direction, a frown etched deep into his features. "It's nothing, never mind. Just some idjit acting like a damn fool." he grumbled in response after catching sight of her raised brow. She let out a laugh at his almost petulant tone due to her not letting him get away with brushing her off.

"If you say so old man." she teased before turning to head back into the kitchen. "Don't get too deep into the books, alright? I'm getting lunch started."

At his grunt of acknowledgement, Logan laughed and went back to work. God knows that man would find a way to survive purely on alcohol and spite if she wasn't around every once in a while to cook for him.

It didn't take long for the sandwiches to be made, and she dished them up, grabbing Bobby a beer from the fridge and a coke for herself. Dropping everything onto the table, she called out for the hunter to make his way into the kitchen. She turned to the sink to let the dishes soak and wash her hands when there was a banging on the door. She frowned, glancing over her shoulder before calling out to Bobby again. When she didn't hear a response, just more banging and the faint sound of someone calling out, she sighed and wiped her hands on a rag.

"Why doesn't this old fool answer the damn door, I'm not his housekeeper." she grumbled. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" she yelled when the noise refused to stop, instead seeming to increase in volume. "Jesus, you'd think you could have any pati-" she stopped, her mouth falling shut as she opened the door to reveal someone she'd never thought she'd ever see again.

"D...Dean...?" Logan whispered, eyes wide. She couldn't believe it....This couldn't be real. That snapped her out of her shock, and she slammed the door shut, locking it for extra measure and leaned against it, heart pounding in her chest. There was no way that could be Dean! Dean was....gone. Whatever it was standing there outside wouldn't be stopped by a mere door for long. "Bobby!" she cried out, feeling the panic begin to set in.

This time, hearing the urgency in her tone, Bobby ran into the room, gun already out in hand, and if it wasn't for the impostor standing on the porch, she would've found it funny at how attached he was to his guns. But now was not the time for such thoughts, so with frantic breaths, she stumbled over an explanation about Dean being outside but not Dean, because Dean was gone and what the hell did they do now?!

Thankfully, Bobby gently pulled her away from the door and released the safety of his gun before opening the door a crack to see the Dean look-a-like. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot your ass right here, right now, whatever the hell you are."
. . . the huntress"

codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

"sam winchester . . .

ekSnsAX.jpg
Once the water of the shower was hot enough, Sam stepped inside, sighing in relief as the water hit his back. The water pressure in this motel wasn't the greatest, but it was doing something to take the edge of the tightness in his shoulders. He tilted his head back and ran a hand through his hair, closing his eyes. If he was being honest with himself, he didn't know what to do next.

After that crushing defeat of the lead he had with Jamie, he'd been lost. He hated to admit it but he was probably unfair to her with how he up and left in the middle of the night, but at the same time he couldn't find it in himself to regret it. He'd do anything to find a way to bring Dean back, and because of his choices he was finally getting somewhere. Ever since Ruby found him, he felt he was getting closer and closer.

Done in the shower, Sam turned the water off, wrapping a towel around his waist. He wiped away the steam from the mirror and brushed out his hair, not wanting it to tangle before starting to get dressed. He pulled on his pants and grabbed the towel to finish drying his hair when he heard the voices from the main room.

"...the wrong room."

"Ruby, who's at the doo...r." he trailed off, stepping out of the bathroom, catching sight of Jamie. "Jamie." he swallowed, suddenly feeling nervous. This...wasn't the best situation to be found in. He winced faintly, his eye twitching ever so slightly as he hesitantly took a step closer to the two women in the doorway. "What, um, what're you doing here?"

Ruby smirked, realizing what was happening. The second she'd opened the door and caught sight of the brunette, she recognized her instantly. She knew this was going to be fun. She shifted slightly from her position, leaning a bit more suggestively against the door frame. "Seems like you are in the right room, sweetheart." she teased, raising a brow.

Sam flushed slightly at Ruby's words, and he cleared his throat. "U-uh, Jamie, come-come on in," he said, reaching over Ruby to grab the door and open it wide enough so she could slip around the other girl. "Um, let me just, ah, grab a shirt..." he trailed off, shutting the door once they were all inside the room.

As he ducked back inside the bathroom to put on a shirt, Ruby turned back to Jamie and crossed her arms over her chest. "So, what brings you around?" she asked, her tone haughty.
. . . the hunter"

jamie
Jamie was clearly convinced that she was at the wrong room. That is, until a few seconds later, she spotted Sam emerging from the bathroom, clothed in only pants, with a towel in his hand. She gave him a once over and glanced back to the scantily clad woman at the door who seemed to be... smirking?

As far as Jamie knew, she had never seen this woman in her life and yet it seemed like the woman knew who she was. Maybe Sam said something. but why would he bother if he was here in this motel with her?

Jamie couldn't bring herself to answer immediately, but when the door was opened wider for her, she stepped inside, against her better judgement. Here she was thinking Sam wasn't doing so well but it sure didn't seem that way. He didn't even seem happy to see her, so why should she stick around any longer than she needed to? She just came to see if he was okay. Obviously he was, so she could just leave.

Nevertheless, for now she stuck around, and as Sam looked around for a shirt, she looked to the woman who seemed to be asking questions. Jamie couldn't tell if she was a hunter or not so she decided against revealing too much information.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I came looking for Sam," Jamie murmured, crossing her arms over her chest and then looking at Sam. "Haven't heard from you in a while. Thought you were dead." That was a little blunt, but upon seeing the woman in the room, Jamie's tone had taken on a less friendly tone than usual, for reasons obvious to her, and probably not to anyone else but Dean and Logan.

"Good to know you aren't lying in a ditch anywhere, but you could have said something," Jamie added, staying close to the door in case she decided to leave.

dean
Dean probably should have suspected that he'd get the kind of greeting he did. After all, they were hunters who'd had run ins with demons and shapeshifters and monsters of all kinds. It wouldn't be so hard to believe that someone had been impersonating him to get at them. It sure as hell would be more believable than him being alive, somehow. Even Dean was still getting over that mystery, but with their help he might get some answers.

Before that, though, he needed to convince them that he was really himself, and alive and well.

"Hey, hey," he lifted his hands and raised his voice in mild panic as Bobby came with his gun, clearly ready to fire if nothing seemed okay. "Look, Bobby, it's me!" He tried his best to show the man who he was, but he knew that anyone who looked like him could say that. What made him any different.

He looked between both Logan and Bobby, hands still up in defense because he didn't want to die after just being brought back. "I don't know how I'm here, how I'm alive. All I know is that I woke up in the ground somehow and... and I didn't know where else to go," he explained, his tone slightly lowering as he gathered his bearings to give them an explanation.

"Go ahead, ask me anything. Something only I would know," he told the two of them. He was glad he at least found them. He was a little worried about what it meant for his brother. "I'm the one who called you a while ago, Bobby," Dean added on, reminding the man of that. "It wasn't a prank. I tried calling Sam too but it went straight to voicemail."

And at this point, he didn't know what else he could say or do. Everything about this situation was weird.

"logan walthers . . .

zgBBo1L.jpg
Logan wasn't too sure what to do at this point. Bobby was in the process of throwing holy water at Dean's face and with a wave of his hand behind his back, she'd gone running for a silver knife. If this really was Dean like he was claiming, she hated the thought of going through this process, but she had to wake up and face the facts. She was a hunter now and with everything she'd seen since she got started on this path, there was no such thing as being too careful.

"Here," she murmured, gently placing her free hand on Bobby's back, placing the knife in his hand a second later when he reached back.

"Now, you understand why I'm doing this, right boy?" Bobby asked, holding the knife up in front of Dean. He didn't bother waiting for an answer before he snatched one of Dean's arms and quickly dragged the blade along his skin, watching as a simple, regular cut appeared on his arm.

"...Dean?" Bobby asked, his voice weak and full of emotion. Logan's breath hitched at that, slowly opening the door wider so she could see the man who had somehow come back from Hell.

"You're...you're really here....aren't you?" she swallowed thickly, starting to feel tears form in her eyes. Despite how often she'd tried to always remain strong, there hadn't been much she'd been able to do about her natural instinct to tear up in an emotional situation. She didn't even realize she was moving until she'd shoved past Bobby and thrown herself at Dean, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck, sniffling in an effort to stop tears from falling.

It wasn't more than a moment later that she realized what she'd done and just as quickly as she'd moved, she let go of him, taking several steps back so that she was once again in the doorway. "S-sorry," she stammered, a blush quickly rising from her neck to cover her cheeks. "I-I'm gonna go, um, call Jamie....m-maybe she can get ahold of Sam." she almost squeaked. She gave Dean one last look, making sure he was real before she ran off to grab her phone.

"Come on in boy," Bobby said, stepping aside so Dean could enter the house. "Sam's been...quiet, I guess. Keeping to himself, that boy." he started to explain before Dean could ask. "Jamie'll be able to find him though. She's got a knack for it." he assured.

"Oh!" Logan's voice came through to the two from the other room. "Um, lunch is in the kitchen, Bobby! Get Dean something too, will ya!" she reminded the older hunter before going back to her call.

"Jamie? Um, you uh, you need to come back here. Yeah, Bobby's. Um, you'll never believe it but uh...Dean's here."
. . . the huntress"

"sam winchester . . .

ekSnsAX.jpg
Sam winced, feeling the words cut deep into him. She was right, he should've called, it was the least he could've done. He hated the look on her face, especially that he was the reason she was wearing it.

"Little harsh there, huh, sweetheart?" Ruby snarked, causing him to sigh.

"No....no, no she's right." he admitted. "I'm sorry, Jamie. I...I didn't handle everything right, it was all my fault and I just...checked out, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that to you. You, Bobby, or Logan." he finished, his voice getting softer and softer as he finished.

He knew what he was saying sounded like a terribly pathetic excuse, especially seeing as he was hanging around in a motel with Ruby. Ruby. That was something else he was going to have to apologize for later, he just knew it. He wanted to think the best, but he doubted anyone else would understand why he was spending all this time with a demon. That reasoning was part of why he'd lost touch so easily after he and Jamie had officially stopped looking for a way to bring Dean back together.

Ruby rolled her eyes at his excuses before she walked over to the side of the bed and reached down, picking up a pair of pants off of the floor and putting them on. "Whatever," she rolled her eyes. She grabbed a jacket off of the back of a chair and shrugged it on before sending the other two a look. "Well this has been fun, but I'm gonna go, soooo..." she trailed off, jerking a thumb to the door. When neither person said a word, she sighed, rolling her eyes again. She slipped past Jamie, opening the door, sending Sam one last glance.

"Good luck, big guy." she said in parting before she left, shutting the door firmly behind her.

Sam closed his eyes, letting his head fall forward as she left. He ran a hand through his hair, feeling the damp strands pull against his skull as they had started to tangle after only being dried with the towel. "Um," he struggled to come up with something to say. He hated having this awkwardness between him and Jamie, they'd been so close before everything had happened, and he wanted that back having seen her again, bringing forth everything he'd fought so hard to push down. He knew it was his own fault though.

"How...how have you been?" he winced.
. . . the hunter"

Last edited:
jamie
Jamie raised an eyebrow, pretty much prepared to talk back to whoever this woman thought she was for calling her out as harsh. She didn't even know what was going on here. Why was she even still here? Before Jamie could open her mouth to respond though, Sam spoke, so her gaze flitted back to him.

Jamie wasn't totally sure what to say, but she kept her arms crossed and watched as the woman picked up the remainder of her clothes and put them on before slipping out, wishing Sam good luck in the process. Jamie had only just met the woman but she had no desire to see her again. Hopefully this was just some random hookup in an attempt to try and forget everything that had happened in the past four months, but Jamie couldn't be too sure. Maybe that was what she just wanted it to be, because if it were anything more...

"Oh I've been great," Jamie told him in a voice that clearly dripped sarcasm. "Yeah, it's been super fun these past few weeks, especially with you off the radar," she shrugged and walked over to the bed to sit down on the edge of it. Maybe she was being a bit too unreasonable, but, well, she'd never been the best when it came to controlling her snarky comments. Or jealousy, which was a slightly newer emotion.

"Nice to see you're doing fine though," she added, her tone a little softer, even if her words were anything but.

Jamie was about to say more, but her phone rang and she paused to pick it up. Upon seeing Logan's name flashing across her screen, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before answering. "Hey, Logan. Everything okay?"

Hearing what the other woman said made her do a double take and she took a moment to process what she was being told. "Waitโ€” what? Are you sure?" None of this made sense. She had so many questions, but she supposed that it'd be better to ask once they got to Bobby's. "Okay. Okay. I'm with Sam, so we'll be there as soon as we can."

After hanging up, Jamie rose to her feet and looked at Sam, not quite sure how to explain. "That was Logan," she said, though that part was already clear since he heard her greet the woman. "Uh... she says that Dean is there. At Bobby's place. Like... Dean Dean. Not a shapeshifter or anything."

dean
Dean hardly winced as Bobby took the blade and held it to his skin. He understood why it needed to be done. As long as they were able to verify that it was him and they didn't inadvertently send him back from where he came, they could do whatever they wanted. Dean would happily sit through it.

He could see the recognition slowly spreading across Bobby's face and it filled Dean with relief. He nodded when Bobby said his name, as though he was still processing this whole thing. That was understandable. Dean was still processing it as well, and he had several questions, but none he was actually going to get an answer to from anyone right now. Something else was at play. Something he didn't quite understand.

His gaze lifted to look at Logan as she spoke, confirming that this was really him, and he nodded again. "I am," he said. "I don't know how but... I'm here." And he was glad for it too. Hell had been... well, hell. To be out of there was a relief, and to be among family felt even better. All that was missing was Sam and Jamie.

For the moment though, he enjoyed this reunion, and he hardly wasted a second returning the hug Logan quickly gave him when it settled in that he was really here, and he was alive. His arms wrapped around her smaller frame tightly, as if he was afraid of losing her again.

When she pulled away, it felt almost too quick, but he nodded when she said she was going to go call Jamie. Dean then looked to Bobby and he walked in like he'd never really been gone. This was home, for the longest time. News about Sam didn't sit totally well with him, but he supposed he'd get answers to that soon too. For now... he could definitely use a sandwich.

"So what have I missed around here?" Dean asked as he walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"logan walthers . . .

zgBBo1L.jpg
While she'd been on the phone with Jamie in the other room, it was all Logan could do to keep herself from running back into the kitchen to catch a glance of Dean. She couldn't believe he was here, and not that she wasn't happy about it, she was ecstatic! Honest, she was, but...the whole thing just threw her. Ever since she joined the life it seemed that almost any good thing came with a catch.

She met a grumpy old man who became a second father to her? Her whole family was either dead or without memory of her. Sam was alive? Dean had to die.

Sure she had plenty more examples, but those were the giant indicators that proved her point. Dean coming back? Fucking amazing beyond belief. But all Logan could do now was wait for the other shoe to drop. She bit her lip as she hung up the phone, telling Jamie she'd see her soon. She hoped she'd feel better once they were all together again. She doubted things would be the same, she had enough common sense in her ever hopeful mind to know that things couldn't go back to how they were, but still, they could be better than they were now. Right?

She just had to believe. She could do that. Logan nodded to herself, forcing herself to take one, two, three deep breaths to gather her courage before she slid her phone into her back pocket and headed back into the kitchen, just in time to hear Dean ask what he'd missed.

"Not much and too much at the same time." she admitted, leaning against the door frame to the kitchen. Bobby let out a huff at her words, causing her to roll her eyes as she smiled softly at him. "Um, after...you know," she gestured vaguely at Dean. "No one was really in a good spot. I uh, I came back here to stay with Bobby, try to uh, get my head on straight."

Pausing, she pushed off the frame and headed to the fridge. She grabbed herself a can of soda and two beers, one for both men at the table. Setting them down on the table, she took a seat of her own, crossing her arms on top of the old table. She sighed. "Jamie and Sam went on to try and find a way to get you out, but uh, they drifted apart. Haven't heard much from Sam, but Jamie calls every once in a while."
. . . the huntress"

"sam winchester . . .

ekSnsAX.jpg
Sam winced, he was definitely in the doghouse for this. He nodded once in response to her biting tone, saying nothing in defense. There wasn't anything he could say. Of all his choices when it came to responding after their last attempt to get Dean back, he realized shutting down and storming away from the girl across from him probably wasn't the best one to choose, but the past was the past.

To top it all off, he'd gone off with Ruby, someone who wasn't liked by anyone he cared for. But even after Dean was taken, she'd been there and willing to help him. Who would know how to get someone out of Hell better than a demon? At least that was what he kept telling himself.

He opened his mouth, ready to say something, but he hesitated, not sure what to say. Nothing he could say would make anything better. In the end, it wasn't up to him to fill the silence, seeing as Jamie's phone began to ring. He raised a brow in surprise to hear her mention Logan, he did furrow his brow in confusion and worry as she seemed to pause so she could collect herself.

"Is everything okay?" he asked during the pause, hoping nothing had happened to either Logan or Bobby.

At the mention of his name, he blinked, confused, but resigned himself to waiting until she was finished with the call. His leg started to bounce as he laced his fingers together, feeling a sudden worry rise in him. It'd been so long since he'd spoken to the other two hunters and he had no idea how they were doing. Mentally, he cursed himself for cutting himself off from his family. He never should done that, and now he had no idea what was going on with them.

As Jamie ended her call and repeated what was going on to him, Sam really thought he misheard her. "...Dean? Dean's...back?" he repeated blankly. At her confirmation, he surged to his feet, unable to just sit still. He took in a shuddering breath before suddenly going around the room and picking up his bag and stuffing the few items he had laying around the room inside it.

He wasn't fully sure what to say as he finished and now stood in front of Jamie. He swallowed nervously, just standing there staring down at her smaller form. "I...I am sorry. For everything, I shouldn't have just left like I did." he admitted, his voice heavy with regret. Seeing Jamie like this along with the news, everything was crashing into him at once and he knew he needed to make things right. "It wasn't fair to you, you didn't deserve that."
. . . the hunter"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back