The Facepunch Introduction thread

KRIY

"RIP JUICE WRLD 999"
(I'm transforming this personal thread into where former FP members can introduce themselves here)

I'm just a guy from Facepunch who made a switch to RPnation in a eventual case that Garry Newman decides to close down the FP Forums, which in turn. would bring our RP operations there to a close.

if you got questions about FP and its current state. ask here

Last edited:
Hey me too!

I got a question: why do you think Garry is such a terrible person?

In all seriousness, great to be here and looking forward to continue and make new stories!

Last edited:
Out with the old and in with the new. Also taking refuge from the trainwreck that is Facepunch. Good to be here, looking forward to create and participate in RPs here.

I've been a GM on Facepunch for years, and now I'm trying to wrap up my longest and best game ever so that its sequel can be brought here gracefully. Can't wait to settle in to a new community and never look back on FP. What a disaster it's turned out to be. Thank you for welcoming us here.

I'm pretty sure some of you folks are wondering what's caused us to come here, so allow me to give you a quick rundown:

Facepunch is run by a dude by the name of Garry, creator of Gmod and Rust. Facepunch is where he hosts his forums that he (his own words here) barely even looks at. He renovated Facepunch's forum layout often, introducing new changes with each update. There was one problem, however. The updates were always garbage. To say he was absolutely fickle in how wanted FP to function wouldn't even cover a centimeter of it. Subforums were routinely trashed, then replaced, then trashed again with the excuse of "just make megathreads", meanwhile megathreads were given the same treatment with a similar excuse of "just use the subforums I made, or just make question threads". PMs were removed, so you couldn't hold a private conversation with anyone or try to get their attention without obnoxiously barging into whatever thread they were viewing at the time. Avatar size became extremely small, and the only way to make it bigger was by spending coins (yes, you read that correctly) in a virtual store where the price raised somewhat exponentially for just a pixel at a time. The worst of it has to have been the response from the moderators and admins. Unlike from what I've seen from the kind few moderating this here forum, these "mods" were nothing but just as fickle, abusive, and ill-tempered as Garry himself. To put it bluntly, they were nothing but his personal group of bootlickers that carried out his orders with pride. They frequently ignored problem users in order to ban anyone that Garry deemed was stepping out of line, which basically amounted to criticizing the redundant and pointless changes he was making to the forums. Just recently, Garry made a post declaring his possible intention to shut down Facepunch for good, all because no one liked the changes he was making to the forums (with good reason) or shared his vision of what they wanted. He called the forums themselves outdated, and that if we wanted to still be in our communities while still using a forum like FP, we were better off moving to Reddit. People started questioning his reasoning and tried changing his mind on the issue to no avail. The final straw for this was when other users (I'm looking at you, Dmaster) tried calling out Garry on his BS, they were instantly permabanned and some even had their posts flat-out deleted.

And that brings us here. Facepunch is on it's deathbed, a near-lifeless husk all because of a stubborn man who thought he outgrew his creation, when in reality his creation outgrew him and his childish attitude.

tl;dr Garry's so out of touch with his community that it's caused a lot of problems for everyone. We can't stand him or his team anymore. Now us humble refugees are here.

Yeah, its a very unfortunate situation. There are a lot more of us that will be coming over here, and we're liking what we see. This site seems like a vibrant community. Its a breath of fresh air coming from our home forum which has been murdered by mismanagement.

Welcome to the site C:.

I hope you all find everything you need here and if you need anything let us know. It always sucks when one's community is unstable or a closing possibility looming overhead.

On behalf of every former FP member in this thread. We'd like to thank you for accepting us into the community. you've been more of a help to us in the past few hours than what Garry did for the past few years.

Welcome to the site C:.

I hope you all find everything you need here and if you need anything let us know. It always sucks when one's community is unstable or a closing possibility looming overhead.
Thanks! We really appreciate it. Things look great here, we're pretty happy. Hopefully we'll be able to get our roleplays started up soon once we have some more arrivals.

Hey. Long time member of the facepunch role play community, and GM of numerous nation-based games, including Shifting Sands and Backs of Broken Men. After some minor poking around, I think this site will make a wonderful new home.

Welcome everyone :D

And yes it always does suck when a community dies. RpNation has seen this happen frequently this past year alone. If you guys need any help or have any questions, just ask. Our community is helpful and Staff will respond to answer them as well. We have done a few recent changes here as well, though just for the betterment of the site. XD Those updates can be reviewed at the top of the Newsletter. We also have a FAQ for the most common questions that get asked. :3

Good to see the gang's all here. Looking forward to a new era of total garbage with the boys <3

Seriously though, as a participant of the venerated On the Backs of Broken Men amongst others, and a host of a few stillbirths (looking to change that soon), I'm looking forward to chillin with new folk and old lads alike on this lovely looking place.

Dang! Unfortunately, when a roleplay community crashes and burns, we always get a little bump here. It's very interesting to hear your stories and nostalgia, however! Welcome to RpNation, one and all. c: I can say with confidence that our mods work super hard to keep this site on track, and our community is really one of the better ones. Hopefully we can make a suitable home for you all here, and happy RPing!

Sobotnik here, I wrote a few RP games on facepunch and played in some as well for a few years since 2011 and watched the website rise and fall. Euskalduna told me about the migration to here before Facepunch died so I figured that I might as well come along for the ride and see how the games of the future play out here. I hope that a fresh and good start can be made here and the former Facepunchers do well in the spirit of comradery.

I volunteer to be the evilest bastards in whatever RP is run. Making people check out my Germany blob wasn't the most thrilling addition in retrospect.

Nice to see a lot of people from Facepunch coming on over here. I got a couple ideas cooking and should start running things soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back