THE EXALTED ANIME

Any ideas for an opening sequence (you know the scene shown before the begining of every episode, with a bunch of music being played.

I'd suggest showing the Jade prison then allow you to see the 150 Solar shards burst forth (for once, visible to the naked eye) in every solar colar, mostly golden, some oragne, and  a bit of purple and blue. and then sail off into the sky.

Preferably show at least one hint of a battle sequence, ... say a solar and either a DB or abyssal crossing swords.

and maybe a romantic subplot kissing.

Samiel, I think that's brilliant. Although, I would add these suggestions: Each series should be leading up to the Solar/4th series - where you are tangently introduced to the Solar characters, or see a Solar Exalt. Keep the audience "in the dark" about the specifics, but have the other characters meet/interact with them briefly, so it is a flowering story point when you see it from their perspective. Like a moment of clarity.

Furthermore, I'd involve at least one Abyssal in all of the series. He could cross paths as an antagonist in the Siddie series, but help the Dragonbloods out (for his master's own mysterious reasons). He could show at least a little of the deathknights odd morality; for instance, he could speak for the dead killed by X group, pitying the way they are treated by the living.

They very well could have abyssal allies at some point, it would add some flavour aside from their ebbil ways, but I like the idea of the Siderials facing off against one, but neither being able to overtly move against the other. And casting sins of the father on Ragara or another major House head is a great way to start a civil war through mistrust and also garner great power as a whole host of ghost slaves pour into your command circle.

Perhaps a Solar could someday break the curse on the house, freeing them from their obligation to the deathknight and forging a new alliance between Solar and Dragonblood?

And I'd avoid building the Solars up too much for fear of letting them seem a letdown when they arrive, but certainly they should be introduced slowly as they gather power in the background, and a brief sidestory about a Wyld Hunt would be cool.

Damn, I wanna see this anime now. Perhaps even as a manga or webcomic it would be cool..

Would a webcomic be doable? I'd imagine it would be, since there's http://www.thefreedomstone.com/, but it would have to be completely hobby oriented, because I'd suppose selling merchandise (maybe even addspace?) would violate the free use clause.

Plus, you know, you'd have to get somebody good enough at art to do it justice. I tried a webcomic once, but got too frustrated at my own uselessness. I wouldn't mind doing rough character sketches of these characters, though, if someone were to flesh them out.

I volunteer Jukashi for the job. He gots the skeelz.

-S

And the tangled skeins of fate reward me once more. I'm actually doing a webcomic on Exalted. I have the first two...er...pages, I suppose, inked. Just learning/looking for some webdev skills to boost my meager dots.

I have a site up.. I just don't know much more than that. It's a simple (ugly) affair right now. I want a rant section for myself, the writer, and the artist, and then the comic, of course. And that's all I want for now. I mean...granted, I do want a more robust site, but I figure that's something I'll have to do once I get my dots.

[glare] Ah yes. It would be you that lured me to sell my soul. I'm on to you, you devious bastard.

Ah yes, I need someone who knows his/her ass from a web page. Because I certainly don't. Tried to put a header tag in, and got it stuck right in my..

there  are some film students down in florida actually putting the finishing touches on an exalted feature. they hope to approach WW sometime next quarter

on a seperate note.

i think that for any exalted anime the most important thing is that the makers of an anime are not afraid to make it R rated.

exalted is a game that deals with the best and worst parts of the human condition set in a world where suffering is everywhere and every day the strong abuse the weak. it is the hope of the people that the exalted will protect them but the exalted for all there power are still human.

this is the biggest problem with the exalted comic. i love the art but the story feels tailored for a 9 year old. white wolf has been in the tradition of making games for adults.

orionstark1482 said:
there  are some film students down in florida actually putting the finishing touches on an exalted feature. they hope to approach WW sometime next quarter
So in other words, it's going to be a low budget piece of crap?

-S

With boffers? Oh! And cardboard warstriders! Oh, goodie!

Nah, you'd be surprised what low-budget can actually do. I've seen some really impressive stuff, done with barely more than a Mac and a camera.

Yes, but a live action Exalted really needs some heavy FX to do it justice.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (since you're all a bunch of celebrity obesessed fanboys), but which actors would play whom in a major Hollywood produced Exalted movie?

-S

Er... I have to say I'm not that well-informed on the actors. I like Jodie Foster, and I like to dream she'd make a good siderial. But that's because I like Jodie Foster.

Not Tom Cruise. He's shit.

No mortals can approach the levels of coolness required. It's best to keep it a dream, instead of making it corporeal, so the terrible world can scratch its diseased ass upon it.

Stillborn said:
orionstark1482 said:
So in other words, it's going to be a low budget piece of crap?

-S
depends what white wolf puts into it. writers are mostly equal in hollywoods eyes excpet when they do something else like direct or act. but this was intended to be animated. (they wanted to get the guys who made avatar but i think they were being to optimistic.)

orionstark1482 said:
depends what white wolf puts into it. writers are mostly equal in hollywoods eyes excpet when they do something else like direct or act. but this was intended to be animated. (they wanted to get the guys who made avatar but i think they were being to optimistic.)
You said they were "putting the finishing touches" on it. Now you're talking like it hasn't even been started yet. Which is it?

-S

Stillborn said:
orionstark1482 said:
You said they were "putting the finishing touches" on it. Now you're talking like it hasn't even been started yet. Which is it?

-S
on the script. finishing touches on the script. they haven't tried to market it yet.

Ah... that sounds a lot less totally shitty then. I thought you meant that a bunch of film students had actually shot an Exalted movie.

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back