• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Evergoing Saga of Calvin Grace / interest check

Frenzy

The Taco King
Hello everyone!

I'm not going to try to lure you in with flashy graphics and amazing art. That's just not my style.

This story is something that I have wanted to do for a very long time. It was almost a novel until life changing circumstances made it slowly die in my mind and the time just wasn't there anymore.

Calvin Grace. He is just another mundane earthling living just another mundane Earth life. Nothing really special about him at all. Or so he thought...

In this story you will see Calvin's life spiral into a journey full of adventure, comedy, and heroism as he becomes responsible for saving, not only Earth, but the entire universe.

There will be a diverse cast of characters from talking cockroaches to mysterious aliens from other galaxies and civilizations.

You, as players, will be invited to be at your most creative. I will not set guidelines for your character creation because the protagonist, Calvin, has no idea what different aliens look like or what their lore and customs are.

Let's call it an open sandbox of possibilities.

The plot however, with some flexibility allowed, will still need to go in a certain direction.

Please let me know if this is something that is interesting.

Here is a sample of the opening and a little background on the cockroaches. I will happily turn over the roles of the cockroaches providing you stick with the lore. They are pretty much the only characters besides Calvin that have a preset lore.
------------------------------------
"Thirty eight years"

"Excuse me?"

Mulgin looked across the room at his partner. The damp humid air causing bits of condensation to form on his exoskeleton giving him a gloomy appearance at best. He rubbed his wings together to shake off some of the moisture forming on his own body and continued.

"Thirty eight years I have been stationed on this cursed planet. Thirty eight years I have had to spend watching the same man every day. Thirty eight years and still in this small and useless shell of a body, trying my best to avoid getting crushed by some ignorant fool who is mistaking me for a disgusting, disease carrying bug!"

Fruget grinned at Mulgin and replied. "At least you're not dumb enough to fall for that trap they call a 'Roach Motel' like Birpin did!"

"BIRPIN WAS A FOOL!" Shouted Mulgin. "How he even passed the entrance exam is beyond me!"

Fruget eyed Mulgin for a bit and decided to let it go for now. Mulgin was obviously in one of his moods again.

The two of them sat there in silence for the rest of the morning as they waited for the earthling known as Calvin Grace to wake up. Once he did they would spend yet another boring day watching him in hopes that something interesting would happen that was worth reporting back to their home base on the planet Gurto in the Sinder system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back