• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The End {Closed to Syrrus}

Helia finished and lifted his chin. "What's wrong? She asked delicately, pulling away after a moment. She looked at him, head tilted.

»JW

“Hmh? Oh! Nothing. I was simply wondering what this new place we are trying to find will look like. What if we walk right into it and it happens to be that special place and we just keep waking without realizing?” Cerath smiled, tilting his own head to the side.

Helia straightened her head when she noticed he'd done the same, blushing. But all the same she smiled. "Well, I know what it used to look like, before everything happened." She murmured, and she sighed softly.

She'd lived in the city they were heading to, when she was four years old. She couldn't remember the name but she remembered the lake, where she'd gotten her first sunburn, where she'd skipped her first stone.

She smiled at the memories, but not everything in that city was sunshine and rainbows. There were darker memories trying to engulf her mind, those first horrible years of her life that had continued until the disease.

Soon Helia's smile faded and she stared blankly, lost in her past, trying to pull herself from it and then being totally taken over by it.

»JW

Cerath waved a hand in front of her face. “Helia? Hello?” He gave her a reassuring smile, patting her on the top of her head, as carefully as possible to make sure he wouldn’t cause any damage to her locks. “You are getting lost in thought worse than I, now.” He chuckled and sat down in front of the lake, looking up at the sky. “Are we staying her for the night? I don’t think anything can get to us without crushing their heads on the way down.”

Helia jolted back suddenly, and then looked at Cerath. "Say something?" She asked, eyes widening. She blinked and then sat close to him without realizing.

When she put her arms to her sides, her forearm brushed his bicep, and she shifted to the right. "S-Sorry." She stammered.

»JW

Cerath peered sideways at her and smiled lightly. “Say something? Like what would you have me say?” Hi figured that he did nothing else but talking, usually. But he had never been able to do much else.

Cerath watched the lake in front of them and the reflection of the moon which was showing so vividly he almost believed they were sitting in the sky.

Helia shrugged. "I don't know; anything." She said softly. She quite enjoyed hearing his voice, and besides, when she spoke, she was constantly stammering. So she did as little as possible, and looked to him, smiling slightly as he watched the lake, taking in his features now that they were more filled out when he wasn't as pale.

She wanted to reach out and touch him, but she knew that wasn't a good idea, so she clasped her hands in front of her long legs which she folded to her chest.

»JW

“Anything? Alright… hmh…” Cerath looked up into the sky and leaned back against his arms which now actually managed to support his weight. “Have you ever wondered if there’s people up there, looking into the sky and wondering the same thing?” Cerath asked. He didn’t expect her to have been thinking that exact thought, but Cerath found it easier to sleep knowing that he was not alone.

Helia smiled at him. "Sometimes." She murmured with a nod. "Though other times, I don't believe there's anything else. T-That there's anything but us, you know?

I've never believed in any s-sort of God. Never will, either. Because no one with a higher power would watch as everyone torr each other apart like they do; let most of the race get destroyed in one fell swoop. I-I-I couldn't imagine that guilt. And especially if people say this God loves everyone as much as they do, why let anyone d-die? It just doesn't make sense." She said softly, thoughtfully, though she stumbled a ton. She hated that, wincing at herself. She sighed and shrugged a bit, thinking nothing of the philosophy that just spilled from her mouth.

»JW

“Hmh… I wasn’t talking about a god.” Cerath said, smiling at her. To be honest he wasn’t sure what he was talking about. His thoughts wandered too much for him to be all too certain. The young man propped his back down against the ground, placed one arm under the back of his head for support and stared up at the sky. “I dunno actually… something.

"Oh, you weren't?" Helia flushed deeply and glanced away, feeling quite stupid. She had just spilled that at the wrong moment.

Three bells for Helia and screwing up everything!

»JW

This caused Cerath to chuckle. “Don’t worry about it Helia. It’s not like my views are any better. I was just spouting nonsense.” He nodded, matter-of-factly before going back to study the stars.

Helia flushed deeper at the chuckle, and rested a hand under her chin. She stayed silent in case she said something stupid again.

»JW

Cerath started to feel restless. It was an odd feeling, to be bored. Usually Cerath never had the energy to feel bored, if he wasn’t trying to move he tended to sleep. “What do you healthy people do?” He asked.

Helia glanced at him. What an odd question.

She shrugged. "Uh...I suppose we just..." She stopped, voice fading, a frown on her face. She couldn't answer the question. She didn't know how.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I find myself feeling bored and frankly I don’t know how to cure it.” Cerath said matter-of-factly nodding before simply staring up into the sky. He was trying his hardest to paint a picture by drawing lines between the stars but was getting nowhere.

“Sounds awfully… boring.” Cerath chuckled and sat back up, perhaps he could become a mutant hunter, if it wasn’t for the fact that he didn’t like the idea of hurting anyone, no matter how dangerous. He scratched the back of his head in thought, frowning slightly.

Helia shrugged, preferring not to talk. She hated the stammer and didn't like to hear it. She instead looked sideways at Cerath, quite bored herself and unable to think of what they could do.

»JW

“Sounds awfully… boring.” Cerath chuckled and sat back up, perhaps he could become a mutant hunter, if it wasn’t for the fact that he didn’t like the idea of hurting anyone, no matter how dangerous. He scratched the back of his head in thought, frowning slightly.

((Woot, Oh my.))

Cerath tossed a stone into the lake and watched it create ripples on the surface. He had nothing more to say. Cerath was used to hiding his thoughts behind silence, because boy did he have things on his minds.

“But what if I don’t know what to say?” Cerath asked, smiling gently at her. He actually had no idea what topic to choose. His thoughts was his and his alone and nothing he could just mention in conversation.

"Then d-don't." Helia shrugged, looking back and blushing when he smiled at her. She looked at him shyly, crooked smile barely showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back