• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The End {Closed to Syrrus}

“I suppose not.” He scratched the back of his head. Cerath felt strange, almost as if something inside of him was battling something else, something he had never felt before. He took a deep breath through his nose, without coughing and gave her another smile. “North west, was it? What do you think we will find there?”

Cerath could almost not wait till he could try and eat some food, usually nothing agreed with him if it wasn’t already poisonous.

"I could swear there was a city. But maybe not.." Helia murmured, looking out, confused. She sighed. "I don't know anymore."

»JW

Cerath frowned slightly. She always seemed so sure to him, at least more so than himself. Gently he took her hand with her own; making sure his jacket was covering his palm so she wouldn’t catch anything. “I’m sure you’re right. Do you want to avoid it? I have never been in a city before.”

Helia flushed as she glanced down at their hands. "I was just thinking we could get some supplies there." She murmured, and slowly she laced her fingers between Cerath's, sighing softly, watching the horizon.

»JW

“Then that’s what we will do. Let’s go.”

Cerath continued to walk forward, not certain he was going the right way. The world looked different to him now, maybe he was going insane, it would have been a good reason to why he suddenly could create acid with his two hands.

"You sure? There's probably a lot of mutants there." Helia said softly, looking sideways, though she continued forward.

»JW

Cerath nodded slowly. Yes, he was sure. He wanted to support her choice no matter how much it caused fear to spin in his head. Perhaps if he could run his courage wouldn’t be as difficult to grab hold of. He tightened his grip of her hand, frowning with concern.

“We’ll just grab what we need and hurry out of there, I suppose.” He hoped they wouldn’t stay for long. He remembered tails of the subway systems and the horrors that hid down there. It caused him to shiver and feel rather ill.

Helia smiled over at him and continued in the northwest direction, keeping a hold of Cerath's hand even when she felt the acid from his palm escape onto hers. She could tell he didn't feel all that well, and frowned.

Cerath looked down, feeling the strange sensation of poison pouring down his skin like raindrops on a windshield. He quickly let go of Helia’s hand, as if it burned him. “Sorry—I just… I just don’t want to be the reason of something unpleasant.” Cerath spoke gently, carefully almost as if he thought his quick movement would cause her harm in some other way than it would to keep her hand in his.

“I hope we won’t get attacked any more today. I have a hard time relaxing as it is.” The young man looked around, noticing the sun which slowly had begun to set. That was not good. No one sane enough stayed outside at nightfall, no one who wanted to stay alive at least.

Helia sighed and looked at him, then his hand. "We should find somewhere to stay. I think I saw a bluff; maybe we could find some kind of den to hide in." She looked around, spotting the said land formation and then heading toward it, without thinking pressing her palm into Cerath's and then letting a small squeal of pain pass her lips. She shook out her hand, and held it against her chest. "Come on." She murmured, glancing down at her burned hand.

»JW

“I’m sorry…” Cerath whispered under his breath, blushing in shame for what his condition managed to do to people. He figured that if it had been easy, everyone would have done it. The acid spitting, that is. Holding the hands which belonged to girls seemed to be a day to day thing for most people that couldn’t do exactly that. He wondered to himself in silence if there was another way to do it, but came to the conclusion that holding people’s hands had to be done with hands.

"You're fine; you didn't mean it. Then you just need to wash off your hands, and we should be good." Helia blushed and glanced away, clearing her throat. "I mean-" she stammered, then clamped her mouth shut. She kept her gaze on the ground and stared at her feet.

»JW

“I.. Eh…” Cerath said no more, trying to find a spot to which he could stare without looking at all insane. What happened if he did wash his hands, would he poison the water? And what if he managed to poison a water source? What if he didn’t wash his hands...? Cerath swallowed. Decisions had never been his strong suit and probably never would be. He could feel his heart beat heavily underneath his skin.

"Yeah, I thought so." Helia muttered under her breath, a soft tone that was under a whisper.

She'd just screwed everything up, hadn't she?

Well, that's what she did best, so it wasn't surprising at all.

»JW

Cerath continued walking next to her; he always left the directions to her, that way he never knew if they got lost. He noticed a few bright dots on top of the sky, stars were beautiful things, he just felt so sad that there was no time to stand and admire them. If he stopped and attempted to something would probably manage to kill him, so he decided to not take that chance no matter how pretty.

Before Helia got to the bluff, she heard a distant thundering sound. She tilted her head and picked up the pace, curious.

She stopped herself just before she dove headfirst over the cliff. She managed to balance, then looked over the edge to see a waterfall, right in the moor. She thought it was odd but she'd remembered hearing such before.

So Helia looked for a route and found a small trail behind the fall leading to a cave. She looked at Cerath, and took hold if his hand, no matter how much it hurt; she needed to make sure Cerath was alright and wouldn't fall due to the small and slick surface. She gritted her teeth and ignored the pain, leading him as the stars dazzled ahead.

»JW

Cerath followed her carefully. Not used to be able to move as quickly as he now managed he was worried he’d face-plant again, but this time from a height which no one could survive from. The idea of falling made the young man feel like he wanted to throw up, so he had to focus his vision at the slippery trail they were walking on, instead of the fall ahead. Not that he thought they would ever fall, but he wanted to be mentally prepared would such a thing occur.

Helia managed to get across safely, save her hand, which felt like it had melted away. She pulled slightly from Cerath, and felt her skin stick to his from the extended contact. She clenched her teeth and ripped her hand from his, closing her eyes, skin ripping away as well.

»JW

Cerath bit his bottom lip and peered down at Helia’s hand. “I’m terribly sorry about that…” He said, blushing in embarrassment once again. Perhaps he had to wash his hands no matter the condition of the acid spreading across his palms.

The young man walked up to the waterfall, nervously and he placed both his hands into the flowing wate, gasping in surprise at how cold it was.

Helia shook her head. "Stop apologizing." She said softly, and stuck her hand under the water, and hissed in pain at the cool against her raw flesh. She pulled them back after a moment and tentatively pressed a fingertip to her opposite palm, wondering if it'd work.

She frowned when nothing happened. Apparently she couldn't heal herself. She supposed she would just have to deal with it.

She then walked away a couple feet then turned around, quickly taking off her flannel shirt and then the tanktop underneath, flashing a massive amount of scars on her back before putting back on her flannel shirt, buttoning it to her throat and then returning with the tanktop in hand. She blushed deeply, hoping Cerath hadn't seen and certainly hadn't looked on purpose.

»JW

Cerath had noticed her removing her cloths and twitched like a scared cat before spinning around and staring into the nearby wall with even more embarrassment. Nothing seemed to be going right for either of them today, with exceptions of him feeling great and not sickly. At least his hands was clean, that counted for something.

Helia sighed and looked at him. "Could you rip that into strips for me?" She asked slightly awkwardly, and looked up, face still extremely red.

»JW

“Rip this into—Yes of course!”Cerath turned just as quickly as he had spun around and grabbed the tank top which he started to rip into wide strings of cloth. Fascinated that he even could hold it without getting tired.

"Thanks." Helia said softly, and took them from Cerath, wrapping her hand with the strips and wincing as she tied them off. She glanced up at him as she had the cloth in her teeth, as she was wrapping her dominant hand and it was difficult to tie off with one anyway.

»JW

Cerath scratched the back of his head nervously, he was also staring intensely down at his feet. The young man shoved both his hands into his pockets and slowly started to look around as his thoughts had begun to wander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back