• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Enchanter and The Thief

HollyoakBrothblood

Unlucky Member
(not necessarily romance unless you want it to be!)

Hollyoak Brothblood was bored. She fiddled with the edge of her robes and huffed. The king was supposed to send someone to pick up his new armour a week ago, instructing her to halt all activity until they arrived. She’d been cooped up in this dank cavern for a month working on the runes, testing their strength, and subsequently getting beaten up by her own rebounded spells.

Hollyoak Brothblood was sore. She looked down at her new, unnecessary scars, silently cursing the king for hiring her in the first place. ‘Master Enchanter’ had seemed such a grand title until he swore her to secrecy and locked her away in this wet, cold prison, calling on her to advance their equipment only when needed, the rest of the time forgotten. She had forgotten what grass felt like, how colour made her feel; she had only the unnatural purple light of her own pyromancy to keep her warm. A clicking came from her cave’s door. It wasn’t meal time yet, was it? Perhaps it was the lazy courier? ‘Finally,” Holly scowled, moving to collect the plated armour. She puffed a strand of wild white hair out of her young face and levitated the armour towards the rattling door. The hinges cracked as the door swung wide and fast, revealing a dark figure looking panicked in the archway. This… wasn’t the courier. Their expression as they took in the pale haired mage and the floating mail changed to confusion and unsettlement before they caught sound of footsteps thundering down the hall and threw the door closed behind them, pulling Holly into the shadows and clasping a hand over her mouth. The armour clattered to the floor and they stood, silently breathing as the steps grew louder.

Hollyoak Brothblood was intrigued.

Sure! Do I do a short Name, Appearence and Age character sheet, or would you like more/ keep it a mystery?

((I love your username, by the way xD ))

Last edited by a moderator:

Astrien dashed down the hallway, his leather boots making no sound compared to their loud armor. He was wearing a large hood, covering his face. The hood covered most of his body, and hung tightly to him. He didn't like baggy clothes. Armor was under the hood invade he was attacked. But, procures he hadn't worn it today. All he had was a thin shirt under. He made a sharp turn down another hallway, swinging a random door open. He was panting from all the running, and he heard the armor clanks closing in on the corner. Astrien spotted a woman there. Next to an armor stand. Curious. He shut the door quickly, and pulled them into the shadows. He clasped his gloved hand over her mouth, listening closely as they approached the door. His warm breath fanned her ear, and he pressed himself to the wall, and the girl to him. She better keep her thoughts to herself.

"Shh."

He whispered quietly in her ear, his breathing hitching as one of the guards opened the door. He glanced at the fallen armor, and was about to go towards it, when the other man called from the hallway. He walked out, closing the door. Astrien could still hear them outside.

((He has a cape like that Assasin's Creed dude, but it's brown.))​

Hollyoak glared up at the man and shoved him off her as soon as the door swung closed and the lock clicked back into place. "What the hell?" she challenged, strands of snow white hair falling over her face, which she quickly pushed back. "Who are you? What do you want?" She stomped over to the armour, picking it up and dusting it off before placing it back on it's rack. The man watched her nervously from the shadows and she fought the itch in her fingers to slam him into the wall in an explosion of chain lightning and demand an answer. Thanks to him restraining her, she'd missed an almost once in a lifetime chance of escaping from this dank hole.

Astrien held back a growl. No one should touch him. He silently counted in his head. 1...2... Ah screw it. He stepped out of the shadows, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm no one important."

He said lowly, his tone holding absolutely no emotion. The hood covered his face down to his nose, only the tip of his nose, his lips and chin exposed. His voice was deep and gruff, as if he hadn't spoken in a long time. A few splutters of blood were on his large coat, most of it concentrated on his left side. A guard had managed to slash him, and he was bleeding ever so slowly.

"I suppose you are no one of importance either. Otherwise we wouldn't have met in this hellhole."

He said placing his hand over his side to keep of from bleeding much.

((Can I make him be a Witcher?))

(sure go nuts)

Holly scoffed at him. "I'm the Master Enchanter, however hollow that title might ring. It means that although I'm imprisoned and beaten, I'm at least good for something." She gestured to her table. It was covered in glowing stones, phials of blood and ore, and at least a hundred chisels. She let out a long breath through her nostrils as she surveyed his injuries. "I'm also not a bad healer. Get on the table," she ordered, shoving a bunch of swords to the ground with a crash. The guards wouldn't notice the noise. She made sounds like this often, sometimes from her work, sometimes from frustration. They didn't really care either way. She began wandering from shelf to dimly lit shelf, picking up clay pots that gave off at least a dozen pungent smells and looked at him expectantly.

((I think I just drooled. The model playing Astrien is Nick Bateman. Look him up.))

Astrien looked at her, then at the bed. Eh, why not. A dim, blue light shone in his hand, his coat seemingly dissipating away. His hood was still on. He slowly made his way over, laying down on the mattress. The cut on his left side was facing her, blood slowly oozing out. There was another one across his chest. It was longer, but more shallow than the other. His chest was well defined, clearly showing his athleticness, but was absolutely littered in scars. His toned arms crossed over his chest, those also covered in scars. A small tattoo was on his shoulder. It was a shield with a wand and sword crossed over it, signaling he was a Witcher. His chest still heaved slightly when he breathed.

Astrien looked up at her, then straight up at the ceiling. From a certain angle, one of his green eyes were visible. His gaze shifted to the stones on the shelves. She has more stones than Master... He thought, looking at all of them. He then looked straight up, sensing she was moving. His legs were still concealed, but under the black pants were many other marks and tattoos, some curses and some perks.

"You're not going to put those horrible smelling things on me, are you?"

He asked, eyeing her. From his clenched fists, a blue light seemed to shine dimly, entwining from finger to finger.

((Witchers are basically people who have mastered Magic, and is someone who has undergone extensive training, ruthless mental and physical conditioning, and mysterious rituals in preparation for becoming an itinerant killer for hire.))​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back