• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Elementalists of Versaes

Prudentia

The Kitty Soldier
((Mentors are available to play/create. Please see Lore section if interested. First post following this.))

Last edited by a moderator:
The First Day in Chronia

About 9 AM, Sunny, Fall Colors

It’s about time for school – for most of the teenagers at least; some might have work, others might not go to school, maybe graduated or dropped out. Parents are at work or home taking care of others; streets are filled; horns of various tones surrounding the air; skyscrapers seen in the distance; and soft chatter building up or breaking down with the shuffling of fast feet. This was a regular weekday in Chronia. It was as if this world never saw war in previous decades past, for each economy had rebuilt up what it used to have in all its cities. Now, it was just about 9 am on a Wednesday and it is a half school day for the local Chronia high school.

The gates of the school yard had opened up at around 6am for any early arriving students that wanted to catch up on homework or readings; or to just hang out in the outside gathering area located in the back of the school building. The entire front of the campus fumed of a sweet chocolate aroma – that of the fresh baked organic donuts the high school bragged about to the district. Oh, and of course the rich coffee smell swirled into the air. Freshly grinded, freshly brewed. But this was for all the teachers – not available for the students. It certainly tempted a brave few to sneak into the teacher’s lounge once and awhile.

Students had various ways of making it to school: by their parent’s car, unless they drove themselves; or by the city buses that dropped them off right across the street; or maybe even by foot. Certainly, the city always recommended families to enjoy the fresh air and walk several days a week to school. The whole save your money, save gas, protect the world jazz. Although, there used to be special buildings that reduced on such toxic fumes...buildings that these students never knew about. Buildings built and later destroyed by legendary folk. These buildings have now been overrun by roads or forestry. The past hidden – best forgotten.

This Morning Was Rushed
Sona Govoni

“Hey, I’ll call you back…I’m heading to school now…you know I rarely get a chance to sit in with other people…yeah, yeah – I’ll call you later.” And abruptly the phone had been shut off and stuffed down his jeans. Sona had been running behind, having stubbornly finished up a project on a customer’s vehicle early this morning and nearly missing his alarm that reminded him to freshen up. His father had offered but Sona never pawned his work off onto another worker – and of course not his father, especially a job that he had already started – it was against his family code, and would degrade his own ego. Despite the family having their cultural habits, Sona’s father offered more often than not to finish up services, knowing his son wanted to attend school. The teenager had always rejected the offer, not having any thoughts of changing this habit. He was a Govoni, an Italian rough-housing, vehicle nerd – but he was also a Hernandez, filled with Latino blood; spending 80% of his life working, 15% taking care of his brother, and 5% attending school. It was difficult, and it harshened his mood that he couldn’t imagine himself graduating like the other people in his class.

So what would today look like or feel like? “It’s like the first day of school all over again.” He had muttered bitterly to himself. Luckily, the man had never wanted to quit. He was brought up on always needing to succeed and finish everything he starts. His grandparents always taught him that there’s no sense of looking cute when you have nothing to show with it. ‘Your looks mean nothing if you’re an idiot.’ Though, he never understood why they connected looks and knowledge. However, they always laughed after saying that.

Thanks…especially since I don’t think that way. Old whack jobs. And now the messy dirt-blonde haired kid stood nearby the gate. He remembered to shut down his phone, preventing any of his family from interrupting this rare moment. Oh, it smells good. Well“Let’s do this…” He shook his head a bit then strolled in with some other groups of students.

@Ravel @Phineas Forge @ThePricklyPear @Pushks @The Rogue Bro

((This is a brief note on posting/reminder: Choose a color for your character's name (do not be the same as anyone's, and place it at the top before your character post - like mine. Remember bold for dialogue; italics for thoughts; and plain text for descriptions.))

Sean Racell

Two taps in the morning and one at night, was it? Or one in the morning and two at night? Ah, screw it, who's ever heard of over feeding a fish?
It was 5:19 A.M. and Sean was already saving the life of another. Fish. Another fish, that is. Tapping the bottom of the fish food container twice, dozens of tiny nutrient rich flakes (made of cardboard, in Sean's opinion) fell to the hungry mouth of Sir Jonah Fishington the second. After setting down the nutrient rich flake container, Sean glanced at his watch with a rather pissed off sigh. "Damn it Sir Fishington! I told you to remind me of how many taps of 'food' you needed! Now I'm going to be late!" After a brief pause, the man held his head low. "I'm talking to a fish. God do I need a girlfriend." After another sigh (this one of the depressed variety), Sean accepted his fate of tardiness and slowly left his apartment, heading to his car.

Except he didn't have a car. Whether it be the ads for 'A cleaner world!', his financial status, or a product of both, a bike and his legs were his only mode of transportation. And a darn good mode at that! He was helping the world so much by riding his bike a whopping 3 miles to the station! So yeah, it was his financial status. Nonetheless, he entered the station at 5:42 to find the Chiefs nostrils flaring and face as red as a tomato. "Chief Toren, wake up, it's nearly six." The chief awoke with a start, his head reaching a position where all his blood wasn't pooling in his face. "Ahah, sorry Racell. The wife wanted me to do a bit of cleaning last night. And when she say a bit, she means the whole house. By the time we finished, ur, I finished, it was ten past midnight! So as you can see, I'm a bit tired. Oh, and speaking of cleaning, I need you to polish off the rest of that paperwork. It just looks so messy on your desk like that." The expression on Sean's face was priceless. The look of dumbfoundry was quite the spectacle, only being shown to a groggy police chief who couldn't tell purple from green at the moment. And even better, the voice! A weak "Yes sir." was utterly contrary to a normal sound of confidence. All in all, the morning kinda sucked for Sean.

After roughly 3 hellish hours of filling out sheets of paper so white they'd burn your eyes out, Sean collapsed at his desk. I became a cop to help people, not fill out files on found lost dogs! Ah, whatever. Might as well get a little bit of sleep. Not even two minutes into his dream world, a large hand slapped the near unconscious cop on the back. "Racell, your due to your post in 20 minutes, remember?" After taking a moment to try and remember, he failed to remember. So naturally, his response was a dazed "What." And at that, Toren chuckled. "School releases early today, remember? The kids always get a bit squirrelly when that happens, so we're stationing you near the school." Before Sean could respond with a dazed "When was I assigned this?", the chief had already dropped the keys to cruiser number two on his desk and walked away.

It took exactly 22 minutes for Sean to reach his position after a minor detour for sustenance. Parking across the street from the school gate, he again glanced at his watch; 9:02 it read. Pulling a station issued laptop onto his lap, he pulled up a news website.. "I s'pose I got some time to kill before everyone leaves. Might as well check the news..." Scrolling through the stories, he shrugged the majority off, as none of them seemed really noteworthy, save for one: It's title proclaimed MINOR SEISMIC ACTIVITY DETECTED. furrowing his brow, he clicked onto the page.

GWEN IRONS

"Well, you're just being obstinate now." Gwen said to the small bronze and brass centipede, which, due to the fact that somewhere in Gwen's drowsily addled mind had decided it would be a bad idea, did not respond,"You're free to work. Really. Gwen continued, "All your gears are in the right place. I'm pretty sure none of your joints are broken. Humph. I would blame the fact that I haven't slept in like, 48 hours but... Humans can survive without sleep for 72 at aluminum so I don't see how that could be an issue." She regarded the small machine carefully then twisted on a heel and stared at the board of blue prints with a manic eye. Her drawing board was a combination of a desk she had clobbered together from at least 362 seperate pieces of wood, and a massive cork board that held everything that was drawn on that surprisingly smooth surface. 'The gear woks works in theory and practice" she mutters as she fitfully scribbled notes in pencil on various drawings and figures, "The gears are perfect, I double checked them after I smelted them so no worries there, the legs are structurally sound based on CLAGTI and CLB. What am I missing? Is there a problem with the power sour-" She froze and snapped her head back at the centipede, which regarded her with the mocking face that only a robot that was being projected on by a sleepless tinkerer could have. "I forgot to put a damn power souce on ya. I can't believe I forgot such a stupid think like I don't know a double a compatible battery pack designed to be easily removable yet hard to damage!" failure forgotten she jumped to her new project eagerly sketching a pack small enough to fit into the centipedes head. The centipede meanwhile, prepared for its inevitable battery lobotomy, done without anesthesia as punishment for its vicious mockery.

Then
her dad practically kicked down her door, "Gwen," He said tiredly as if opening her door had taken all his effort, "Do you KNOW what time it is!"

"Around," Gwen peeked at the mostly covered window, "4 p-"

Her father raised an eyebrow.

"Aaaaaaam?"

"Try 6."

"So?"

"You need to get to school!"

"Do I though."

'Yes!" Her father said as he grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and threw her into the hall bathroom, "Now shower while I make breakfast!"

Gwen showered and dressed grumpily, then ran down stairs. She grabbed breakfast, a cheeseburger and a thermos of coffee then ran out the door.

As she chugged the coffee and walked to school muttering about gears and starters she reflected that after school, she was going to need a nap. As she arrived at the school she drained her strong espresso and smiled, "Lets make this a GOOD day." She said quietly as she strolled inside.

Koldoka Rodion Nechayev

"Hey. Hey, Desya."

"Desya, are you alive? Get out of it, look at the sunshine, birds chirping-."

The way Koldoka woke up that morning was everything but pleasant. His eyes groggily opened, clouded with curtains of sleep pulling his eyelids back down. But it was over now - his peaceful sleep was already shaked up, and he lifted up his head - literally ungluing it from woodden desk - and through half-closed eyes looked around himself, not recognizing the place. Not really caring yet to recognize it, either. He didn't register the bottle in his hand yet.

"Where am I-?" he mumbled, his voice filled with blissfull ignorance and confusion.

"De Maupassant pub. Sixth avenue. You'll scare my customers away, get up."

What? He must had knocked himself unconscious last night. He shouldn't have drank that much. The eyelids were still falling down, but he felt a bit more awakened. Alright, great! He knew where he is! One step to clearing the fog that was surrounding his head. He looked around himself. Dirty old tables, a few more people lying around - just a few. He started trying to remember names. Acke Williams. He is the one with James Joyce novels in his backpack, right? Who is the guy by him... oh yeah, Ollie, that photographer. Great. There is Perce... He looked at the waitress, going around and snapping her fingers at them. She was pretty used to sight of brooding young intellectuals damaging their livers in her pub. Hell, she and her friend worked at shifts, he knew them so well he had their birthdates scribbled down. For last birthday he gifted her a small photo holder statue with an inspiring message and a smiley.

"Sanja, hey. Which time is it?"

"8:30 am. We are opening, I can't have you lying around with bottles like last pairs of-."

"What?!"

He had never jumped on his bike faster in his life. And as Kolya franatically turned his wheels, maneuvring the full street in weirdest manner, trying not to tumble over or to hit somebody - he was rushed by only one thing. To get there in time. He was already late, his big bag full of books and notebooks wiggling behind him. Classes were in the afternoon, but his daily job, working in an old bookshop. He dwelled for a second whether to eat or not to eat, but his, bitten by alcohol stomach, couldn't even fathom thought of putting anything inside. He finally reached the street, his bike thrown on the floor by the shop, as he stumbled inside breathlessly.

8:45 am.

Only 45 minutes late.

He panically shoved his key inside (thank God he didn't lose it), and opened the door to dusty used books store.

Leia Volture

Leia’s head was spinning left and right as she searched for her alarm among her pile of bags sitting on the chair by the mirror. Catching a glimpse of her own reflection, the young girl realized how truly out of shape she was, and she sighed as she came to understand how difficult it would be to fix it. She had to, though. She had an audition in 2 months… an audition that would get her out of this ragtag town, an audition that would turn her life around if only she managed to continue surviving high school.

The ringing of her cell phone interrupted her thoughts once more. It wasn’t that anyone was calling; in fact, hardly anyone ever called Leia on her phone. She doubted her mom even knew her number, and Leia had no friends to speak of. No, Leia knew exactly why her phone was going off - it was an alarm that she had set to remind her when it was time to go to school and it had been going off for about the past five minutes while she had tried to rush through a routine that turned into crap. And now she shuffled through her pile of clothes only to see the vibrating device tumble onto the floor. “Crap!” the girl exclaimed as she bent down to pick up her phone. It wasn’t broken. Thank heavens!

What happened next was the quickest costume change that one would ever think was possible. Leia slid off her ballet shoes, grimacing at the sight of her own bloodied toes, as she quickly slipped on a gray pair of sweatpants and a baggy off-pink hoodie before completing the look with a pair of dirty white tennis shoes. Leia was at a point in her life where she knew no one at school cared what she looked like so she didn’t put an effort into it.

The teenager shoved her ballet clothes into her duffel bag and zipped it shut, essentially sealing away her own ballerina personality along with it. No one needed to know about that side of her life and no one needed to be able to tell her mom about her plans. That would’ve ruined everything. She took one more quick glance in the mirror as she prepared to run. Leia had been late enough already.

The young girl made two changes. She pulled the bobby pins out of her hair allowing the firm and tight bun to be unleashed; her long brown hair fell loosely upon her shoulders looking rather unkempt. Then Leia unzipped her hoodie ever so slightly. She didn’t have an undershirt on; she didn’t need one. Wouldn’t want to disappoint anyone today…

Leia proceeded to run all the way from the dance studio to her school running into various people along the way. She apologized to everyone, without a doubt, but her voice was quiet and hard to hear. Many may have mistaken it for rudeness. Despite her mishaps, though, Leia eventually found herself at the highschool and she darted up the stairs, still fearing that she would be late.

Her rush would only come to hurt her, though, as she proceeded to run into a dirty blonde male who she wasn’t quite sure if she had seen before or not. Of course, she only saw the back of his head as she ran into him so that didn’t help much in identifying him either. However, she did impact with enough force to force her to stumble backwards and fall flat on her bottom as her duffel bag toppled down next to her. “Oof!”

@TheWretchedEgg

Takio Arin

That morning Takio woke up to the sound of his alarm, two sudden slashes on his right arm and an indignant meow from his pure white cat. "Ouch...Mia, how many times have I told you not to sleep on my bed" He said with an annoyed look on his face, it wouldn't be hard to hide the bleeding scratches he now had on his right arm but it would still be an annoyance throughout the bed. Checking his clock he decided that his daily routine would have to be a bit rushed after the cat incident and the subsequent bandaging session. Now this routine was almost mandatory since it allowed him to slip out of his home without having to withstand the judgmental and hateful look from his parents. Grabbing a bunch of random clothes and his usual sweater Takio ran towards the shower in a hurry .

The city was cold and silent when he stepped outside his house and towards school, munching on his cold sandwich he set his way lazily through the empty streets towards the school.
I may have left too early this time....bah whatever, I can always use one of the empty classroom and sleep there until classes start he thought. Avoiding people was what he was best at, and with that purpose he had memorized which classrooms were unused which days, and which were likely left unlocked.

When Takio arrived to school he found it to be almost empty, apart from a couple students there was only a stray dog which approached him silently. "Hey there buddy, I only have this piece of sandwich, but if you're willing I'll give it to you" He said while scratching the dog's ears, after a few seconds he gave what was left of his sandwich to the dog which ate it happily. Doing a quick scan of his surroundings Takio headed towards the school building and into an empty classroom soon after that. I guess I still have at least an hour until people start arriving, so I'll just set an alarm and sleep to my heart's content He thought happily while laying down with his backpack (which had -among other things- a spare set of clothes) as a pillow. A few minutes later he fell asleep without realizing he hadn't set an alarm.

have-nothing-to-do-with.regular.png

The halt of the street light buzz and the sun's rays peeking silently through Mercy's lone window marked the morning's draw. It came quietly, as usual--hardly a hint of birdsong swept along the breeze, no cacophonous noise of the early hustle-and-bustle crowds, no car horns or bicycle bells or harsh rings of mobile phones. Only subtle silence met the young woman's ears--that is, until the harsh S L A M of the weary metal door meeting wall rang in her ears.

Mercy's eyes shot open and, in a fumble of motions, lurched forward from her blankets to a grovelling bow. Her head kissed the rough concrete, her hands splayed out before her, scabbed knees bent to scrape her shins across the floor.

"Get up! Get up, you lousy sack of flesh, WAKE UP!"

Alcohol laced his words and fell from his tongue to taint the air. Oh. Oh no... Bad day, a very bad day, not a good day at all, no! No, no, no...

Without a word, without hardly even a breath, Mercy pushed herself up to stand with her cloudy gaze aimed at his boots. She refused the urge to wrinkle her nose with disgust at the sight of dried sick clinging to the leather. Despite her caution, her attempts to keep him calm, his hand shot out to take hole of her left arm. Her eyes twitched with a wince; she was too slow, too cowardly, and the sight infuriated him. He yanked her forward and sent her flying towards the open doorway.

"Get goin', girly!" Push. "Today's the day." Shove. "I can feel it!" Kick.

Sona Govoni

Oh geez! He lurched hard forward, his dominant foot catching himself to avoid any embarrassment in hitting the ground. Not in front of all these people - his family was proud. But what had caused this sudden disturbance of pleasant strolling through the school yard? It was barely class time, one of his few days at school, and he was already being attacked. Oh but alas! Sona turned around and spotted the young girl who had hit into him. She must not have been careful to mind my presence walking. However, he did not overreact, in fact he barely reacted.

His body fully turned to face her, knelt down, and a hand went out, his hazel eyes peering right into this girls’. “Pardon me, but are you well?” Oh, perhaps he was sarcastically asking about her condition since she bumped into him. His tone avoided harshness but took on a more monotonous sound. She seemed unharmed and he did nothing to her on purpose. So why did he notice some people staring down at this girl and shaking their heads or rolling their eyes. Who was she?

Hell, he didn’t know anyone at this school but he enrolled his entire high school career. Hm, he was more present during his first two years but since gaining more hours at his father’s repair shop, and gaining even more interest in vehicles, he lost time at the school. He knew the consequences, and certainly felt them now as his mind fetched for guesses of this girl’s story and why people acted so oddly towards her run in.

“Do remember to look where you are going. You’re so tiny, and any faster and harder might have injured you further when running into me. Only the truth.”

@Hales

Leia Volture

Leia’s eyes raised to meet those of the man she had run into as he looked at her. She hadn’t seen him before; that much became immediately apparent to her as he extended a hand to her. Promptly, Leia grabbed it and pulled herself up as she replied, “Yes. I’m alright. I’m just… oh, nevermind.” Her eyes flickered to the people who were watching and she immediately realized what they were thinking. Her eyes turned back to the man with whom she had collided.

I should probably just leave now. He looks fairly well put together and I wouldn’t want to mess up his life. That’s all I do is ruin reputations and ruin lives. With that thought in mind, Leia bent down to pick up her duffel bag and began making her way to class. She even went so far as to completely ignore the last statement he offered her. Even though he didn’t know it, he would not want to be associating with her any further. It was for his own good.

@TheWretchedEgg

Minda Aldis

Why did I ever want to go to public schools? I get up early and then have to parade myself all the way there... Minda thought as she laid across her bed and stared at the sterile white ceiling of her room. I should stop complaining. She sat up and rubbed the creases and wrinkles that her diversion had created in her attire. Other people can complain more. And pettily at that. She stood at the edge of her bed and put her heel boots on, looking at her book-bag while she did the former. Today's going to be... Long. I feel it. With that, Minda strutted her way out of her domain without of a word as she was accustomed to; her father was on a business call. She shut the door behind her softly and started on her way.

Minda's walk to Chronia High went better than she expected as nobody bothered to make themselves apparent to the self proclaimed crème de la crème. She had decided to walk to let the wind caress her in it's embrace; feeling as if the elements themselves wanted to reach out and meet her, the first of the autumn leaves dancing about her with their faceless puppeteer. This serenity did not last long, as it died out with the energy that Minda had towards going to school as a girl darted past her, causing Minda to drop her bag near the front. "Hey!" She shouted as she collected her bearings, seeing the girl continue to run. "Watch it." She muttered as she slung her bag back onto her shoulder and continued her trek to the classrooms.

(9Probably going to do some edits and such to make this longer. At least I've got a post to my name now.))

Oz Morrison

The alarm sounded and Oz's hand easily reached over to turn it off. He was so accustomed to the clock that he didn't need to look at it to turn off the soft playing music. Truth was, he wasn't even really asleep when it had gone off. His internal clock was familiar with his schedule and often awoke him a couple minutes before the alarm went off, regardless of how late he'd been up the night before. As usual, Oz had stayed online long into the wee hours of the morning. Despite this, he got out of bed and, after wiping his eyes, went to the bathroom to shower.

After getting himself ready, Oz placed his jelly-filled bready-pocket into the toaster. While he waited, he grabbed his laptop, unplugging it from the charger and placed both into his bag. He threw the strap over his shoulder, grabbed his recently popped tarty breakfast and headed out the door. He didn't even bother saying goodbye to the various family members that were awake and about getting ready for their own day. "Bye!" yelled Becca as the door closed behind Oz. The statement caused a small smirk to cross Oz's face, but it disappeared a moment later.

The journey to school was uneventful as Oz had a route and routine that eliminated any sort of unexpected outcomes. Oz parked his motorcycle in the student parking lot and found it was pretty easy to sneak in through the front gate. As with his journey to school, his path at school was predetermined to allow him to bypass undesirable outcomes. In this case, that was crowded hallways and people that Oz disliked. He easily made his way around the school ground, stopping by his locker and heading to his first class. He didn't mind being early and took a seat at his desk. If there were any other students already there, he ignored them, grabbing his laptop out of the bag.

Gwen arrived at her first class still bleary eyed and sipping her black and sugary coffee and got to her desk, collapsing into it with a huff. No time to waste though, it wasn't long before her hands were itching for something to do. SHe obliged them, pulling two pencils off the floor and started measuring them with gears and scrap parts she produced from her belt. Mentally her addled mind that the pencils looked like legs so the should probably be able to walk. It was something simple and brainless enough to keep her occupied as her hands busily moved between gears and clasps , finding springs and where there were none, coiling wires. As she looked around she noticed others filing in including Oz Morrison, the computer kid. She had always wanted to strike up a conversation with him, as they seemed to be the STEM geeks of the school but was usually to scared to talk lest she flooded the school. She saw him sit down next to her and pull out his laptop. She didn't know why, but today seemed like a good day to try.

"Her it's ah Oz right?" She started and the flood gates opened, "What are you working on, I noticed you're like really good with computers and I've always been really impressed with people that can code since the most i can do is just some baisic machine code stuff like input output move x when entered y kinda thing, but I've always wanted to try more stuff with robotics with more complex coding since well dad could never afford those fancy legorobots that would be so helpful for someone like me and well frankly Whenever I turn on buzz saw but he kind of shortens all my furniture because I think hes in several different infinite loops that I cant seem to fix except by causing more looping so that would be great, but seriously though what are you working on you're always doing something awesome on there..."

Sona Govoni

His furry brows lowered and created deep shadows over his eyes as he stared after the retreating girl. How odd…and nearly rude. I didn’t mean to give her a fright. However, despite guilt filling his mind, the people around him and their reactions quickly made him lose such feeling. Still, he didn’t want to assume anything but they told him by their crooked looks that he shouldn’t feel sorry and that something about the girl made her seem, aloof? Or maybe she knew about all the stares? Either way, he shrugged and took hold of the collar of his grey button-up coat and fixed it back to sit properly along his shoulders. His lips pursed and one hand ruffled up his hair to shake free the water from the strands a little from his earlier shower. Very well, to class then. He sighed and treaded off hastily to his next class, the loud three ‘dings’ of the warning bell coming over the intercom.

He wasn’t the only one coming in late but there were plenty in class early. At least he made it in time, and especially since this avoided odd and crude gazes. His seat was to the left and in the middle section of the room, beside the window overlooking the track and sports field. His shoulder-bag dropped next to the right leg of his desk and he scooted heavily into his chair, giving off a heavy huff. Why must he feel so distant when this was his school? His eyes trailed along some of the faces that he could see without turning and moving and he recognized none of them; not one and might never get the opportunity to meet one person here extensively. Hm, perhaps he could go out of the way and make that uncomfortable first move to say hello to the people that sat nearest him. Surely they wouldn’t mind, but at the moment, not one that sat in front of him, to his right, or directly behind him had come into the classroom.

Soon…maybe I’ll get to know one person here with no problems interfering.

Takio Arin

Takio woke up to silence, confused he grabbed his cellphone and checked the time Crap, I'm late for class, I must have forgot to set an alarm he thought annoyed. Grabbing his belongings he stood up and left the empty room as he headed towards his classroom while silently scolding himself for his forgetfulness. After arriving to the classroom's door he peeked carefully while assessing the situation, the teacher seemed to be distracted with copying some stuff on the board while everyone was minding their own business, Okay this is my chance, now carefully and silently.... he thought as he entered the room trying to make as little noise as possible. He sat down on his chair silently satisfied with himself until looking up and meeting the teacher's gaze.

"So....might I know why are you arriving at such a late time?" His teacher asked scornfully

Well crap he thought silently with his mind empty of excuses, giving up Takio decided to just tell the truth and be over with it since everyone was already staring at them "Well sir, to be honest I arrived early and decided to sleep for a while at an empty room where I forgot to set up an alarm and basically just woke up" He said quickly before yawning.

"We'll speak about it after class" The teacher said dryly before turning his back.

Takio sighed heavily and grabbed his notebook, for all he knew his peaceful morning had already been ruined and he was the only one at fault for it, he looked in front of him and was surprised to find his usual wide view blocked by a head he hadn't seen in a while What was his name again? Sino? Sone? Well not like it matters much. Sighing once more he prepared himself for another day full of annoying and bothersome classes.

Dallas Miniscul

Heat wafted through the unfurnished room that was Dallas' as she restlessly sifted through the baggage, currently the only piece of luggage that made up the room. The walls of the room were a plain peachy-grey, the floor a carpet of a salmon color. The combination of colors had been rather sickening to say the least, but Dallas knew better then the complain about this to her parents. Nothing good came from complaining. Additionally she had been provided with no time since the hurried move yesterday to this new house to unpack her luggage, which was part of the reason for her current predicament.

It was her first day of school, and she had nothing, nothing to wear. A soft groan of frustration was uttered from rosy lips as Dallas pushed over a black halter top to reveal a ridiculously over-feathered shirt underneath. Feathers of all colors of the rainbow were strewn all over the shirt, the shirt underneath a bright orange that brought a surge of nausea to Dallas' stomach. She wasn't sure what had possessed her at the time to make her buy such a horribly ugly top, but she sure as heck was regretting it now. Fanning herself as another wave of heat traveled through the room, Dallas hurried over to where the window sat upon the wall in the corner of the room, undoing the moth-eaten curtains to allow for some cooler air to travel inside.

"Dallas, if you don't leave right now your going to be late."

Her father's booming voice from downstairs startled Dallas enough to make her jump slightly, surprise lighting up her eyes though the emotion was quickly replaced with annoyance as she once again sifted through the pile of clothing that made up the luggage.

"I know."

Her voice barely hid the annoyance her facial expression at the moment did nothing to disguise. Shutting her eyes, the Miniscul heir promised herself that the next piece of clothing she touched she'd wear. Shutting her eyes, Dallas fumbled through the luggage 'till her fingers touched something soft. Opening her eyes gratefully as she removed the parcel of clothing from the luggage, Dallas allowed a smile of glee to pull her lips upwards as her eyes fell on.. The feather shirt. A grunt of frustration was uttered as Dallas threw the shirt across the room.

"Dallas!"

"I know dad, I know!"

The way her parents insisted on babying her, in spite of the fact that she could technically emancipate herself at this age was as sweet as it was annoying to Dallas.

Next piece of clothing I touch, now, I'll wear.

Shutting her eyes, Dallas allowed a sigh of relief as slender fingers fished a brown and grey paisley and floral tent dress. Dressing hurriedly now, Dallas paired the frock with black leggings and a brown cloche hat. It was a rush to exit the house now, clothed feet pounding on the wooden floor as she hurried past her parents and out the door, only pausing once to retrieve a bag and apple from the kitchen table.

As the school was fairly close to her families new house, Dallas arrived shortly after the late bell rang. Parking her truck in the only vacant space near the back, Dallas caught a quick glance at herself in the rear-view mirror and recoiled in horror. Her hair was a bird's nest, unbrushed and strewn about her head. Smoothing down curly black locks, Dallas allowed a soft sigh to release from her lips as she realized that she didn't have the time nor the energy at the moment to care about that part of her physical appearance. All she could hope was that not to many people paid attention to the new girl's appearance. Dropping her keys absently-mindedly within her pocket, Dallas retrieved her phone from her pocket, examining the picture she'd taken of her schedule the day prior to this one.

Heading towards the classroom as exacted on the map, Dallas opened the door to her classroom, shooting the teacher an apologetic smile as she paused for a brief moment to examine the seats available. Quite a many seats seemed to be available at the moment about one of the students, a boy. Perhaps he was new, like her? Or none of his friends had entered the classroom as of yet. Either way, Dallas decided resolutely at making conversation with him. Standing beside the seat beside the unfamiliar face she was determined to make into a familiar one, Dallas fixed a confident smile to her lips as she parted her lips in preparation of speech.

"Hi. Is this seat taken?"

Levi McKnight

The sound of the alarm filled the dark room completely as it buzzed and vibrated across the wooden bedside table only to be stopped by a limp but forceful hand hitting the snooze button bringing silence back into the room. That noise is the voice of the devil himself I swear. Levi gave a heavy sigh before slowly pushing himself up and and out of the bed, only to shuffle over to the window and peak out at the low rising sun which could be seen peaking over low building tops as it filled the sky with a warm orange glare. That's enough for now. Levi walked back over to his bedside to check the time on the phone screen. It was already half past four which meant he was running late.

He walked over to his small closet making sure not to bump into the side if his brothers bed along the way and grabbed what he could make out as a red and black flannel shirt and a pair of tan cargo pant. But in all honesty he could care less about what he wore, because even if he didn't match people would still follow his every move.
Just as shadows dance with a flame on a stary night. He then dipped off into the bathroom for a quick shower only to come out halfway dressed as he made his way into the kitchen with the shirt tied around his waist, he peeked into the living room only to be greeted by the foul stench of beer and the sight of his passed out father. Levi shook his head and turned back into the kitchen, heating up the stove and preparing breakfast for his siblings as he heard the lot begin to raise one by one from their slumber.

By the time he checked the clock again it had just hit an hour past five. The small army of children were already gathered around the table which had been covered in plates of food and bagged lunches, the bitter sweet smell of coffee caught levis' nose as his mother entered the room already dressed for work "I'm heading out now." Her soft voice was almost inaudible over all the chatter but he still walked over just to hug her before she left. It was about time for him to leave too so he threw his shirt on and grabbed his guitar case, walking stick, and very emtpty bookbag and made his way towards the door only to be stopped by a drunken figure. And so it begins. "Is there a problem father?" The sarcasm in his voice was heavy and highly noticeable which caused the entire room to go silent as they stared each other down. "Rent money when am I gettin it?" His breath was heavy with the stench of alcohol which instantly made Levi sick to his stomach. "The moment you stop day drinking." His words were sharp but true especially since it was becoming a problem for the whole family, the little ones still had bruises to prove it. "Listen here you little mistake you'd better have that money by the end of the day or so help me god.." Levi raised an eyebrow at his father as quickly interrupted "Or what? You'll throw me out? Hell it's better than living in this filth." Levi pushed past the small man and opened the door giving a small wave and smile to the other kids. "You'll get your money beer belly don't worry." He smiled slightly at his insult and could even hear small giggles as he slammed the door behind him and made his way outside.

Once his foot hit the pavement he was greeted almost immediately by the bright rays of the sun and a calm breeze, if there was one thing he loved more than music it was the beauty of nature and how it had no flaws only unlimited inspiration. He smiled slightly and began walking in the direction of the local high school even though he didn't plan on attending the first few morning classes he'd still make an effort to show up early. Maybe I'll do a quick show for a bit..or not..maybe one song just to calm me down. Within minutes he was on campus grounds, there were still a few students wandering around who all gave him a quick wave as he approached the schools entrance and planted himself onto the ground next to a statue of the schools founder.

He smiled as he pulled his guitar from its case and began to strum at it, slowly starting the song as people began to wander over.

(It Won't let me code the song but it's: Give me a sign, breaking benjamin acoustic)

Sona Govoni

Sona had been scribbling down different parts of a car he liked for most of the start of class. It was quiet except for the soft occasional squeak as the teacher’s black dry erase marker slid smoothly over the glaring white board in front of the class. Other students were either quickly sending text messages, slipping notes to each other, or writing down what the board declared. That was until a boy had slid his way into class rather impressively but still managed to catch the teacher’s attention – This damn teacher…he can hear everything, huh? Sona gave a short smile as everyone stared at the teacher while the conversation about being late paused the entire class. He had to shake his head a bit and chuckle to himself; it appeared that not everyone was having the greatest of mornings. Nonetheless, the boy didn’t say much after that, and the class continued. Students didn’t dare speak, not even in a whisper to each other.

Oh, then low and behold another student walked in late and was greeted rather pleasantly by the teacher, who pardoned her for her first day but reminded the girl that she best not make a habit like…his name – Takio. Ah yes, somehow he remembered this boy as being more carefree then others, or was it bothered – but he didn’t know the girl who snapped him out of his scribbling. He turned his face to look up at her then shook his head, “Nope, all you…” he said quietly as to not make more of a disturbance. Well, now he had “friends” around him. His hazel eyes still watched the girl, blinking once, but he soon slid his rear forward, and spread his legs in his chair, returning to listing off car parts. As soon as his paper was half-filled in, he lifted his eyes to watch the teacher write about today’s subject; what was it…all the notes on the board suggested – ah, Physics. Bring it on Science. I learn this shit in my online classes, too.

@Fallacy

(Reminder: Make sure to TAG anyone you interact with when you SPEAK to them, please. =) )

YEONHO LEE

Yeonho pushed back his blankets, resisting the urge to rub at his eyes in hopes of not making them any puffier than they would be in sleep. It was one of those rare mornings he was actually allowed to sleep in, which meant one thing. His dad was driving him to school today. He had to admit he liked days like this where he didn't have to ride public transportation in order to arrive at school. He lazily pulled a t-shirt over his head, ignoring his mother's calling him to breakfast. When he had finally finished getting ready, he hurried down the stairs and toward the kitchen, grabbing an apple just in time to see his mother kissing his father's cheek.

His father tucked his suit case underneath his arm, along with a newspaper, keys jingling in his hands. "Are you ready to go?" Yeonho nodded in response, putting his apple in his shoulder bag and scarfing down his toast. The look on his mother's face was a comical one of horror. "Young man, that does not constitute as a breakfast." Her face softened however when he gave his mother a hug before waving, following his father outside and to his dark blue sports car.

They rolled up to the curb of the school when most students were arriving, Yeonho's father leaving without saying a goodbye. He preferred it that way though. He didn't want to be late for classes, and he knew his father couldn't be late for work. It wasn't that they didn't care, it was just that both of them realized the value of time and that such words were a waste of precious moments that less secure people use to make sure others know they aren't being rude.

He adjusted the collar of his fall-plaid button up shirt as he walked into school, noticing that the collar had been pressed down by his bag's strap. It wouldn't do to look shabby, even if it was only for school. The ocassional gaze lingered on his form, silent begging to be noticed. It was pretty pathetic, expecting recognition from someone you don't know just because you're pretty sure they are the tiniest bit important. Most people he ended up meeting were like attention leeches. They sought those who gain attention, and latch onto them in order to share in just a little of that fame.

Walking through the crowd was like parting a sea. His shoulder brushed other's shoulders. Bags bumping hips, hands clumsily smacking legs. Just like the sea, there was also the roar of waves, though these waves were of people. There were many conversations going on around him. From things like wondering what to eat, to who likes who, to celebrity gossip and homework problems.

Managing to slip into the class room a few minutes before the bell, he made his way to his usual seat, setting out his things and leaning back in his chair. Good, now for another day of the usual. His ankles crossed as he waited for the bell to signal class, paying just enough attention to the teachers words that he would be able to answer when questioned, once class started.

Maržena Skalnikova

Mara was dozing on the steps of a somewhat run-down apartment building when the clatter of a bike racing full tilt down the street woke her. Having spent so much time on the streets, she had long ago mastered the art of a shallow sleep. She tracked the frantic youth with a lazy, half-lidded gaze. His disheveled jacket, rumpled pants, half-falling-off bag...Mara knew the look of a man who had slept in his clothes. She pulled out a small jar of canned peaches, opening them and spearing the little golden slices on her knife as she watched the boy fumble for his keys and stumble into the bookstore. From the red lines still not quite faded from his face, he had passed out on a table or floor somewhere. Tsk...kids these days...

Mara gave him ten minutes to sort himself out, finishing the fruit and drinking the sweet syrup in a single gulp. Tucking the empty jar into her bag and closing the knife with a snap, Mara rose, hoisted her bag onto her shoulder, and crossed the street. Her waist and bag rattled with carabiners, and two folded red ice pickaxes swung merrily on either hip. Mara wore dark blue shorts today, unusual for her. Most of her other clothes were in the laundromat down the block. A plain white t-shirt went over that, and then a somewhat too-large heavy leather flight jacket. Her boots were as worn as the jacket, thick and scuffed leather laced up halfway up her shins. She pushed open the door to the bookstore, and a pair of old bells rattled rather sadly over her head. It was dark, cramped, and dusty inside. Narrow shelves lined the walls and stacks of books teetered on every flat surface. Somewhere inside, Mara could here the sound of a body shuffling around.

Winding up and down the rows leisurely, Mara examined titles in flaking gold print. It smelled of old printers ink in here, and eons worth of accumulated filth. Mara blew on a shelf and watched the dust motes dance in the faint light.

Making her way to the back of the store, Mara found the youth behind a counter, doing...something. She leaned on the old, stained wood and cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Hello, young man. Do- ah, перегар, hahaha, wooee! You've been drinking, eh? No wonder you came flying here like a mad goat. But never mind that, I need help finding some books. The topic is rather specific, though...Do you have anything about kiln-making, or something similar? Making your own oven, perhaps. Or even books about home construction, that might have what I am looking for."

@Pushks

And So They Have Come

But First, I Feel Something Shaking Beneath

They started out as the tiniest of trembles, however, more than likely only every twentieth person noticed such a feel. Was the world moving? Did I just feel it? Am I imagining this? You didn’t feel that? So what just happened? All those that felt the first wave may have looked around, shifting their weary eyes around their surroundings, mouths pursed, perturbed by this final thought…

Am I going crazy?

Indeed, those that felt the first wave did not imagine simply Versaes moving in its natural rotation, as the others around them shook their heads and reassured such an event. There is nothing to fear though. Natural disasters are just that…natural. We are safe. And so they say, so everyone will say, as to not raise alarm to the quiet, peaceful society that survived brutal war. But then they felt the second, another one bigger than the last, causing loose items to drop off higher surfaces; hanging lights and lamps to wriggle and ring along a ceiling or table; stopped vehicles to squeak and creak back and forth – people may have stumbled and skid their knees on the pathway. Street officers scanned the concrete, asked of citizens’ conditions, and craned their necks back far to report of any damage, if any at all. It all appeared okay. Just a quick after-quake, nothing to fear. Again, with reassurance. Why fear then if it was just a natural quake?

Then those nearest the first one, heard the cracking and splitting of concrete, right in the middle of the Main Street intersection - a block away from the nearest police station. Then it came out of the dark crevasse right after the third wave-quake and breakage of earth, shattering of building and car windows, screaming of falling citizens, and rupturing of brick and wooden buildings. One may have first shook at the very sight of the layers upon layers of tiny daggers within these creature’s jaws, or maybe it was the long thick and curved bones jutting out from their fingers. The one that came out of the hole had smaller metal back legs, sounding like they were gasping as the Beast pulled itself out of the tight hole. It had no eyes, and barely a nose to cover its gums. The skin looked leathery and rubbery all at the same time, but also shiny and bumpy, pale pink, like chewing gum, and out of its first layer of bigger fangs, oozed slow drooping white secretion. Let’s not forget its breathing and its snarling – it appeared to have trouble breathing, or maybe it could only breathe short small gasps.

Then out came another from the same abyss…and another…then another…

Soon enough, several had crawled out of the crevasse, along with several that preferred stance on two legs; all the same snarling and creeping towards all that froze before them. Now, they bolted, each one chasing after everyone and it only seemed that more kept lunging from the deep hole. One could hear curdling screams, shattering windows and the rumbling of tipping buildings, vehicles flinging through the air, and bodies upon bodies scrambling to get towards the safe zone – this was the border, which was miles upon miles away by foot. The earth had broken apart too much for cars or any form of transportation on wheels to manage driving through the city. They had to dodge through debris and run, just run. The situation was no better anywhere else within Chronia, for the Beasts were attacking all over, and they were coming for the high school as well. They were hungry, and they would feast.

What are they?

@Ravel @ThePricklyPear @The Rogue Bro @Darekk @Fallacy @EclipseRising @mechanimated

Koldoka Rodion Nechayev

"Fuck-!"
Koldoka swore as he franatically dug around the cash register, trying to get everything up and running. Well, hopefully nobody will come yet. Hopefully, nobody needed anything, at least not until he fixed everything up. His stomach nagged at him, and damn, he felt like he was going to spill his soul out accross the counter. He should've taken at least a glass of water back at the pub. He should've bought a bottle somewhere. The antique bookshop was too old, which included pipes as well. Water wasn't exactly most safe to drink.

He dug around his pockets, trying to get his phone to light up the space beneath the counter, so he could find electric switches. This place was insane. But he guessed he couldn't complain, right? Job place to fit its employee, that was for sure. Essence of Doka's personality nicely fit in with the surroundings. Both of them looked absolutely horrid and destroyed.

His pockets gave out a shuffling sound, as he pulled out his white mouse - Dima. He had found her in his flat, back when he moved in. After her, he had found a bunch of other mouses and cockroaches and all kinds of gross things - but she was the only tame one, and the only one he cared to be friends with.

"No, no, don't bite me-." he muttered, as he pulled the animal outside, and put it on counter. "There. Great. Let's find you something to eat."

Doka had developed a habit of talking to her, as a being that could understand him. And as far as he believed it, it was true for him. At least he had one sentient being interested to listen to his paralandos.

He got down, to the floor again, starting to check the drawers of a small cupboard. He held some crackers there. Surely, they were at least two weeks old, but hey, it's good - for whom it is. "Jesus. Christ. I literally-." he kept on groaning, until he managed to feel plastic wrapping beneath his fingers, and got up, with a happy look on his face.

That is, until he met face to face with a young lady, her hair medium length, her eyes piercing him. He opened his mouth a bit.

"I- yeah, my deepest apologies. I was just- well, it was a wild night." he said, his words rushing and stuttering. Something about her seemed rather familiar. "Kiln-making? Wait, I think- let me just, I have to run through my inventory in head- I mean, construction, architecture-." he said, trying to paint the picture of the bookshop and it's messed up organization of books. "Wait. Yes. Da. That way. Just, give me a second, I need to-." he said, starting to crumble a few crackers in front his pet. "That way. Wait. No, just a-. Hang on." he took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. "Alright, I think I pulled myself together." he inhaled, opening his eyes again.

"There. That shelf."
he finally pointed at specific one, before moving out of the ladies' way, to shuffle through the books.

@mechanimated

((Sorry to keep ya guys waitin!))

Maržena Skalnikova

Mara watched the young man mutter and stumble over words with a slowly growing cheshire grin. There was something utterly, deliciously charming about young men struggling to string together two words. Up close, he had all the telltale signs of a man who had been drinking too much, too late, too often. Mara had seen the hungry, punch-drunk exhaustion in his eyes a hundred times over. He seemed to have forgotten his mouse, so while he limped off between dusty shelves Mara gave the little thing a rub between the ears with a forefinger. So cute! She watched it nibble cracker crumbs for a few seconds before following the bookkeeper off between the cramped stacks.

The store definitely needed some reorganizing, and a good dusting, but it had the chaotic charm of any place that keeps a lot of books. Mara couldn't help but like it, really, though it would have benefited from a skylight. Or at least a few more lamps. Here and there, a title or bright cover leapt out at her. There was a momentary pang of regret, at the thought of the shelves she didn't have that could have held books she couldn't afford. Ah, well.

"So, what is your name, where are you from? I'd have thought you would volunteer this right away. You know..."

Mara watched the back of his shaggy, black-haired head. Somehow, the half-laughing grin was evident in her voice. She wondered if he could feel her eyes on his back the way she always felt others'. Mara traced the tattoo on her hand as she spoke, seemingly unaware, pinching the web of her thumb and pulling at it.

"...The rule, between soviets. State your name, oblast, workers number, dedication to the party. The usual procedure."

Suddenly, Mara froze. Was...? No...she had imagined it. A tremor, almost unnoticeable. Instinctively, Mara looked back at the little white mouse on the counter. Gone. Animals were supposed to sense earthquakes, so they said. She turned back to the bookstore clerk, worry furrowing her brow. Just about to speak, Mara was interrupted, by a second, stronger shock. Dusty fell in gray motes from the ceiling, and book stacks teetered ominously. The store was messy and unstable enough as is, and this was clearly all it took to unbalance some of the dangerously overloaded shelves. From in the depths of the store came several crashing thuds, and Mara eyed the books around her warily. None looked like they were planning to fall...yet.

"We should get out of the store, yes? I'm sure you're an unbelievably dedicated worker, but perhaps you are a little young to be crushed to death by 50 volumes of 'The Peruvian Illustrated Journal of Bird-Fucking, Weekly'"

Mara continued to idly ramble as she swiftly headed for the exit, talking only half to her captive audience.

"I mean, I'm making assumptions there. Throw in a cigarette and a good cry and that's about the most fulfilling sexual experience I could imagine. Rather final, but worth it. Put that on my headstone, you know? Here lies some broad, flattened by a thousand pictures of Peruvians putting their dicks where they don't belong. That's the dre-"

The woman had just pulled the door of the shop open. Those sad, rusty little bells clanged above her head, mostly drowned out by horrified screams. Some kind of god forsaken abomination was trudging down the street, lunging confusedly at fleeing passersby. Luckily, it was fairly early, and this was a mostly empty back-water neighborhood. Even so, there were people here to be victimized. Mara's head snapped to the left, at a terrified screech. A man, at least 80 years old, hobbling for his life and looking like his heart was about to give out. Hell, at his age, maybe it was. The fleshy, toothy monstrosity was kind of...galloping, though that isn't quite the word, in his direction. It moved with a lurching sway, like a careening carriage, its mass swinging side to side as its gaping maw dripped milky fluid. Mara didn't even pause to think, but pulled the empty peach jar from her bag and chucked it as hard as she could with a yell.

It shattered against the creatures side, and the massive thing froze. Slowly, it heaved its deformed body around and fixed its...gaze, snout?..on its new prey. With alarming speed, the thing made a beeline for Mara. She fell back with a cry as its huge body collided with the door frame, tripping over the disheveled book store youth. There was a moment of fleeting pity for him. "I guess we die now. Too young, always too young."

The creature was ramming itself into the creaking, splintering door frame over and over, grabbing at the two inside with disturbingly human hands. Viciously sharp claws skittered over the floorboards, leaving gouged. Once again acting on instinct, Mara unclipped one of the climbers picks from her hip and opened it with a flick. A well-honed, toothed pick head clicked into place. When the monster made another grab, Mara swung the pick down with all her strength, piercing the claw through and pinning it to the floor. The creature made an unearthly, awful keening. The more it flailed, the more it tore the flesh of its hand. Thick, tarry blood peppered the floor. Mara pulled out her other pick and began methodically hacking at the arm, dodging furious swipes from the monster. Bit by bit, she worked to sever the thick tendons of what was presumably its bicep. There was blood on the floor, where did that come from? Turning desperately back as she ducked another swing, Mara screamed.

"HELP ME, YOU FUCK!"

@Pushks

YEONHO LEE

The school erupted into screams as the quakes were felt and the noises outside became fierce. Yeonho almost thought they sounded...animalistic. In the commotion, he was pushed out into the hallway, other students running past him with reckless abandon. He remained calm, waiting for an opportunity before diving into the crowd and keeping up with it's fast pace in order to escape the building.

Outside, the air felt strange. He could see plumes of smoke around him, and buildings which had began to turn to rubble. His reality matched the sights he would expect to read about in a post-apocalyptic novel. He continued to walk, though he was unsure where his feet were taking him. Another tremor shook the earth beneath his feet and knocked him to the ground.

Yeonho pushed up on the cement with his hands, freezing in his tracks when a little ways away he spotted a hulking creature. It had a fleshy front half, almost like a giant, deformed pig dog hybrid with a disgusting head with no features aside from a gaping maw full of rows and rows of razer sharp teeth. It's back half had strange mechanical parts to it, which seemed to drive it forward. Though the creature had no eyes, it's nose was flaring, tilted up toward the air as if to see what scents might waft it's way.

He ducked behind a car, back pressing up against the metal as he used the rear view mirror to keep track of the monster's movements. He just had to wait a little longer and then he might be able to sneak off. Or so he thought until he rested his hand on a piece of broken glass, slicing a small cut in the sensitive flesh of his palm. Though it was a small injury, the slight amount of blood was enough to energize the creature's movements as it charged toward him, two others coming soon after.

Without any further delay, Yeonho took off running in the opposite direction of the beasts. There was no way he was going to roll over and die. One of the fleshy creatures plowed into a car, sending the hunk of metal flying as if it were light as a feather. Drool slopped out of it's mouth like a happy dog running after a frisbee. Unfortunately for him, the sticky saliva was more likely in anticipation of devouring him. The small teenager stepped to the side instinctively, the door of the car flying just past him.

Seeing an opportunity, he threw his body to the ground, tucking his limbs into himself and rolling as safely as possible. He rolled under a sturdy yet uninteresting looking pile of rubble which had formed around a large pothole in the concrete. Resting his back against the pothole's edge, he took a moment to catch his breath and think about his battle plan. There was no governmental plan for seemingly impossible situations like this. Where was someone even supposed to go when trying to survive monsters?

Sona Govoni
I can’t leave this room...I shouldn't...

Sona knew that if he ran out like the others, he might get caught up in earthquake rubble. So, the teenager had quickly made his way underneath the doorway, after he watched the scrambling of other students out of the classroom. He didn’t realize, and didn’t care to look around, if other classmates made the safe decision like himself to stay indoors. Sure, desks and boards were falling over or off the walls, but he’d prefer to avoid anything crushing his skull and flattening his body, and from dodging anything else outdoors. He had a decent view of what was happening outside, his classroom window having a view of the street nearby. And all the chaos that was ensuing only reassured himself that his decision of remaining behind was best. What the hell is happening though? These aren’t regular quakes.

It wasn’t until he heard piercing screams and loud thuds and crumbling when he snapped his sight towards the window again – watching all the students tumble over each other and wrestle towards the nearest exit a bit earlier. He had seen it. It was large. It was galloping towards whatever it fixated on for a meal. He could make out from his distance that the teeth were the size of a walrus’ tusks, its claws were bloodied and thick like small tree trunks, and its body could near the same size as a small drug store. What in the actual hell is that demonic creature?

“Shit…” he closed his eyes and breathed in and out through his mouth, slowly but heavily, his lips close together as he moved air in between them. His heart felt like it would tear right out of his chest. Just the voices, that’s all he heard, the voices of the victims. What could possibly be happening to them. Surely he would have been one of those early dead if he had run out like the other students. But it seemed that thing had not made its way towards the high school. Please, let it be that others stay inside and hide. Staying out of sight. For what could he do? He was no hero, and no way was anything in this school a weapon against those things? What was he thinking? He couldn’t fight something like this…

But…I could do something else - instead of sit here like waste.

Yes, Sona’s legs pushed himself against the door frame and up fully to his high position, gripping onto the door knob and squeezing it tight as he looked out into the hallway. Still many people running around – poor souls, don’t have the experience to remain calm and find other ways to survive. This was just that kind of situation: survival of those with the intelligence. It wasn’t about being fit but smart. However, maybe what he was about to do wasn’t smart. He had soon taken his button-up grey coat off and slung it around his waist, tying the thick sleeves together tight as best he could. Soon, his legs had begun to run down the hallway to find anyone that had stayed behind in the other classrooms. He started with the ones further down the hall and would do his best to make it all the way to the third floor. Lots of running ahead, he knew.

And he would run, run until he could find then help as many people as possible. Then what will I do with them?

(@Hales in case you want to be in a classroom he helps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back