• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Elementalists of Versaes (Mentors Available)

Are you interested?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prudentia

The Kitty Soldier
Hello there friends! I have an idea for a fantasy role-play to share with you all and hopefully draw in a few role-players (hopefully nine total). It is possible I will only accept less or even more. I have major points of the plot and ideas for the characters but I can always add in ideas from other role-players like you! Actually, it’s more fun with additions from others. Here we go!

This is a strict detailed role-play but with some twerks. Be prepared to write three to four fleshy but quality-driven paragraphs for each post - not per character - and be prepared to reply once-twice per week (or as often as someone responds to you). Follow all RPNation rules for role-playing, and we will have fun!

Setting/Background:

Set in a planet called Versaes (Ver-say-us) (which is Earth in this setting), there are people with special abilities/powers named in history as Elementalists – they control anything from metal or water to darkness or blood. In this present time, they are only rumors to the next generation but historical legends to the parents and elders. Most families pass on their elemental genes to the next generation but children don’t realize they have an element until a situation calls for the element to “awaken.” There are three ways an element can be “awakened”: 1) A dangerous incident calls for elemental protection of the person; 2) Someone/something provokes and forces the element to come out by use of experiments, harm, confinement; and 3) A person trains knowing their genes carry the elemental power and it awakens naturally and healthy. The worst way for the element to awaken is through coercion (2), for in this method it diverts the element from natural growth inside the human, transforming it into an evil energy and can diminish one’s mental health into a desperate call for destruction and harm. The natural way is obviously (3) but it also takes a little longer but it’s healthy and best for the human. (1) can be acceptable and healthy if the human trains after it awakens but can also speed up the process too quickly, for example, causing the human to have sporadic, out-of-control elemental moments (which will happen with most of the characters).

Most next generation children are unaware they have the gene; parents have told them stories of the Elementalists; but the children believe them only to be rumors. In fact, many parents have told their children they are fairy tales – the government of Versaes called this a defense tactic for older generations to forget the horrors of war, famine, and obliteration of the world they knew before. The world is very stable now with some portions of poverty far off from main city areas. Elementalists still exist, living among the people but many from the wars are discarded (a step up from homeless, living in poverty), exiled, or homeless. Veterans that have lost nearly everything; Enemies that have been imprisoned in another city. Of course, there are many who have jobs, and they use their elements among those who also carry the power; in secret areas.

The world of Versaes is similar to modern worlds, and here are some examples: There are schools, powerful businesses, entrepreneurs, bakeries, cafes, arcades, parks, border patrol, police, good Samaritans, criminals, fancy homes, and poverty ridden areas. This is not post-apocalyptic, Versaes has been out of war for decades and improved rapidly.

Some of the main enemies are creatures called Beasts, who act as the demons of this world. Think of a mixture between Devil May Cry demons and Doom demons (check out pictures of both in searches). They can walk on two or four legs, fly if they have wings, drill and travel through the ground, move swiftly and quietly despite their sizes; most have rows upon rows of razor-sharp teeth, and have blood-curdling cries.

The very main enemies are the evil elementalists with all sorts of plans to preserve how current Versaes is divided; create war between citizens and elementalists; destroy systems that created protection and order; release exiled elementalists; and/or obliterate cities and create their own “utopia,” for them, hell on Versaes. The evil Elementalists have taken up the name Arsenalists, for most of them (not all) are skilled with the ability of “dark” fire and a craving for ashes and destruction but there are many who do not team up with the main Arsenalists and have different elements. Some are separate from the Arsenalist groups but still hate the Elementalist heroes.

Plot:

During a peaceful morning, children are in school, teenagers skipping class, parents either at home working, at their jobs, or taking care of others at home; but suddenly several smaller quakes occur to bring notice to many on the ground – they are not big enough to strike notice to those higher up from ground level. At first, they are ignored but as more occur, they are reported to the officials. It is later reported that the Beasts (which are not known in history or currently) have randomly appeared and are attacking people and destroying everything. Forced to leave their homes, people run towards the border, which has the most protection but also a concrete wall that blocks them from the other cities. The other option is to escape through the subways but it can be risky due to less room to escape from the deadly bites of the Beasts. Details about the first few posts will be in the official thread but can be discussed here (PLEASE ASK HERE, if you wish).

The story commences: Each role player is an Elementalist or can even be a non-Elementalist (regular human). Each one can be placed right within the scene of the quakes, nearby them, or far from them but in ear reach of the commotion. Each character in this story is a young teenager or young adult (at least in the first scenes) but choices can be made to be an older adult through acceptance. As the characters are exposed to the Beasts and all the harm that occurred from their destruction, some of their Elements are awakened through spontaneous protection by their body (either protecting themselves, family members, or other citizens). After exposure to the newly found Elementalists, the Beasts retreat but the city is left disheveled. Now the characters know what they are is from legends, they must learn to control their abilities, they must learn from each other, and seek out help from “mentors/masters” who share their same abilities. Not to their knowledge, or the mentor’s knowledge, the Arsenalists and other evil Elementalists are plotting plans of ruin. The characters will experience tons of training, betrayal, challenges, alliances, and travel across different lands to stop the enemies, learn of their powers, and save other humans and Elementalists.

Your Character Each of you can choose an element from a given list that will be shared in the official thread (I may consider some of your choices here). The restrictions are that your character cannot have more than one element. BUT this is another legend by veterans and older generations, knowing of Elementalists who have carried multiple elements – these special people are called Giftests, for their genuine heart into the good use of elements to the point they have awakened more than one. Another BUT, there are evil ones who have thwarted the “good intentions” of the use of elements, yet are still called Giftests. These people carry very rare genes and only through training and insurmountable passion have they been able to control all the elements they have inside their bodies.

Ask any questions about characters HERE please now (although many can be answered in the official thread and might not be answered here) – this includes and is not limited to:

- Elements (this is important to ask earlier than making your character sheet cause I have a set amount of elements I want to use; as I have mentors to pair with)

- Powers

- Skills

- Logistics about Role Play

- Mentors/Masters

- Enemies

- Starting Posts

Let’s have some fun making this role play together. Remember you can ask me anything about this role play as it won’t get started for a bit. Keep in mind that being a detailed role play, I will be strict (but not mean) about post timing, character sheets, and the details of your posts in the role play. Ask away or message me privately. Most questions might be best asked here so everyone can understand. =-)

New Information for New Submissions

As of October 10th, all Elements have been taken up BUT there are still Mentors on the goody and baddy sides that are available. I have made a few mentors myself, however there is an opportunity to choose out of the Elements available and make an element. Almost like you are joining and making your own character. Mentors won't be played right away but will be a huge part of the role play after it kicks off from the first few story arcs. Let me know here or in the official thread if you want to be and/or create a mentor. I would absolutely love people being them. =-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I support this. You may have found one of the only ways I will play in a modern/realistic setting. Add fantasy. Anyways, this is a good idea, and to get this out of the way...

What are the elements, and who are their respective mentors?

--I can understand if you can't explain or reveal as much as I'd like.

Seconds said support

Oh my goodness yes. I'm interested. I'm very interested!

My questions:

• What do you mean by "choices can be made to be an older adult through acceptance?" Is there a time skip? Or some kind of aging-potion? How far up will the character age?
  • Just to clarify--present-day Versaes is basically present-day modern world? It includes real-world technology such as automobiles, cell phones and even nuclear reactors?
  • My immediate character idea is one who has gone through the third type of awakening process; an research subject experimented on by the government or some insane elemental fanatic. Would that be alright, or should I stick with the first option given?
  • In regards to powers, will the more general elements be split into different sub-parts? For example, Earth--will there be a specific element for solid rock and ground, and then one for flora?
  • Also about powers--are they spell-based and require some sort of incantation or circle or such, or is it more raw power controlled by the mind alone?

That's all I can think of at the moment... But this looks like a fantastic roleplay! I'd absolutely love to join!

I will post the Elements here actually as for Mentors, I only have a few made up right now and they are a work in progress. Once I have the elements up, I will allow you all to choose as a “First Come First Serve” basis. If tons of people join, then maybe the ones who were interested first can change their element. =-)

@Ravel

• Oh, this just meaning if you want to join with/create a character that is an older adult (high 20s and above) then I will consider it, but I prefer teenager to young 20s age for characters.

• Yes but all areas have a diversity of technology. Although, due to the history, Versaes bans anything nuclear related.

• Hm, can you message me with a short history about how your character might end up in the experimental labs? I have no problem with it but I just would like more details.

• There will be different types of Elementalists but as I do not want to make a mentor for every sub-type, we will have mentors be specialized in all the factors of an element. Earth will be made up of all sorts of abilities and our characters can be good at say nature abilities over rock.

• Raw power; use of hands, feet, and the entire body. Even characters can eventually have a weapon to force the element into for attacks.

Hope this helps!! =-) Let me know if you have anymore questions.

TheWretchedEgg said:
I will post the Elements here actually as for Mentors, I only have a few made up right now and they are a work in progress. Once I have the elements up, I will allow you all to choose as a “First Come First Serve” basis. If tons of people join, then maybe the ones who were interested first can change their element. =-)
@Ravel

• Oh, this just meaning if you want to join with/create a character that is an older adult (high 20s and above) then I will consider it, but I prefer teenager to young 20s age for characters.

• Yes but all areas have a diversity of technology. Although, due to the history, Versaes bans anything nuclear related.

• Hm, can you message me with a short history about how your character might end up in the experimental labs? I have no problem with it but I just would like more details.

• There will be different types of Elementalists but as I do not want to make a mentor for every sub-type, we will have mentors be specialized in all the factors of an element. Earth will be made up of all sorts of abilities and our characters can be good at say nature abilities over rock.

• Raw power; use of hands, feet, and the entire body. Even characters can eventually have a weapon to force the element into for attacks.

Hope this helps!! =-) Let me know if you have anymore questions.
This helps a lot, thanks! And yes, once I think of more details, I'll send you the history of the character to approve.

For some reason, I feel the need to play as the straight man to all these elementalists shenanigans. I will become...

THE AVERAGE POLICE RECRUIT

[QUOTE="The Rogue Bro]For some reason, I feel the need to play as the straight man to all these elementalists shenanigans. I will become...
THE AVERAGE POLICE RECRUIT

[/QUOTE]
I... I don't think it's going to be a comedy though... O.o

Ravel said:
I... I don't think it's going to be a comedy though... O.o
Yeah, I know. Just wanted to have an original way to say that my characters going to be a normal /not/ elementally charged guy.

[QUOTE="The Rogue Bro]Yeah, I know. Just wanted to have an original way to say that my characters going to be a normal /not/ elementally charged guy.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, gosh, okay xP My bad...

@TheWretchedEgg

I would like to lay claim to fire!!! If I may :) Character sheet is in development. I should have it to you by tomorrow evening.

Are you debating between pure light, or lightning for light?

Even I was confused by that question.....

Are there metal elementalists? I saw it .mentioned in your opening post but its apparently not available.

I was a part of this rp last time and I really enjoyed it. However, I do remember that last time, this rp moved really quickly and I couldn't keep up. My personal situation has changed because nursing school is a literal hell and so I would only be able to commit to posting once a week. Would that be acceptable to partake in this rp? @TheWretchedEgg

Oh crap!!!

I forgot all about that I'm so so so so sorry!

I am still totally interested though. My life had gotten busy and I found it was moving too quickly for me to keep pace.

Oh, and also, if you still want me to rejoin I'd love to be an anatomy or light mentor!

TheWretchedEgg said:
@Ravel Does this mean you are claiming Light? =D
Hmm... Yes! Specifically aetherial light, or rather, light derived from celestial bodies such as the sun or stars or planets. Would that be considered a sub-type...?

Also, I'll wait until the lore is posted to give you the history of my character, that way there aren't any conflicts between the two.~

I would like to reserve the element of air and/or wind please! @TheWretchedEgg

@TheWretchedEgg

I will probably implement another main character (As much as I adored the twins, I'm not sure how the others would receive them)

Of course I would love to have a side character to help out as a messenger, to help with the burden on you ovo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back