• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dying World Beneath (IC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Hey, what can i say," he shrugged his jacket as he leaned back in his chair, "i havemmone of those faces" he smirked

Xander took another sip of his latte and put the cup down on the table and chuckled jokingly "hey for all I know you could be lining me up for lunch" he quickly added "no offence but vampires are known to drain their victims dry from what I have been told"

"depends on who is telling me" Xander shrugged "I take everything I hear on board and usually judge for myself I just figured I would enquire"

"You're not wrong, most vamps would drain you dry but I try to take only what I need, so you're safe....." He paused for a moment "....From me anyway" he chuckled before putting a more serious face on, "Out of sheer curiousity, is kitsune your breed or just a fancy way of calling yourself a fox? I mean, I'm not trying to be rude it's just most canine species have different breeds such as pitbulls, mamalutes, huskys that kind of thing" Something Rick had been curious about but had never really been bothered to read up on them, hell half the species who lived in the underground city he had no idea about. He liked to read occasionally but that was mostly just made stories he found in the library not far from where he lived.

Xaira nodded and smiled back as Naomi expressed her confidence that her ‘sister’ would enjoy meeting her loved one’s new winged and scaly girlfriend. The thought indeed gave her some comfort, as it had been a while since anyone had been so kindly receptive of her, or even anywhere near the level of exuberant warmth and comfort Naomi made her feel with her very demeanor, never mind her soothing words. While giving her answers, Xaira of course watched Naomi closely, curious and honestly a bit anxious about how her date was feeling about it as she took it all in. For some people, Xaira knew there would be a dealbreaker in there somewhere. By Naomi’s smile however, it seemed clear that this was not the case with her. Xaira’s smile widened, as she appreciated that small tidbit of peace of mind very much indeed.

Noticing her conversation partner’s clear sense of deep sympathy regarding the solitary way she’d lived her life for so long, Xaira shook her head and gave Naomi a reassuring smile as a short period of silence ensued. She was about to say it was alright, that it didn’t bother her much, but she stopped herself. She didn’t want to lie like to Naomi, who, as the Dragoness had coyly told her before, she could see living alongside for a very long time. The pair seemed to mesh so well together, even though they’d never even met each other before tonight, and Xaira wanted to be damn careful that she never did anything to betray the clear, genuine trust that Naomi already displayed for her. As Xaira was caught up in the aforementioned mental spiral, she suddenly felt the tender touch of Naomi’s hand coming to rest on the Dragoness’s own hand upon the table. Her cheeks flushing, her eyes met Naomi’s once again with deep gratitude.

After that short and silent, yet very meaningful and consoling exchange was over with, it was then Xaira’s turn to ask and listen attentively as Naomi had done for her. As she did just that, the Dragoness’ initial reaction was understanding, yet neutral, nodding at Naomi’s first statement. Xaira figured as much, honestly. It was clear that Naomi’s sense of adventure wasn’t as well-honed as her sisters’ must have been, to put it politely. That was just something Xaira would have to work on with her later; give her some gentle nudges of encouragement every now and then. However, the slight smirk that had begun to form upon her face as she thought of this dropped in favor of a sympathetic look as she continued. Xaira could feel how out-of-place Naomi thought herself with her utter dislike of a Lilin’s usual… occupation, as it were. She did find it interesting to hear exactly why most Lilin go that way; Xaira could understand opting for practicality in one’s career, certainly. There was job security in both cases: there’d always be both monsters to kill and ravenous sexual appetites to sate.

However, it was clear that the downsides to both jobs weren’t very similar by any means. While not quite as dangerous as Xaira’s occupation, judging from the personal experiences Naomi was sharing in her kind’s largely preferred “field”, her dragoness date was very sympathetic to the emotional strain having to perform, and essentially be someone you aren’t, for a different person in an intimate setting each night would surely put on even such a naturally sexual species as Lilin. Xaira was relieved to hear that Naomi hadn’t engaged in that way of living for years, and that because of what her sisters make, it wasn’t necessary. If Naomi had to give herself away to make ends meet, Xaira would take it upon herself to ensure that Naomi never had to ever again. Sure, it was perfect for most Lilin; but why go along with the crowd when it just wasn’t for you?

Xaira found herself smiling slightly as Naomi then told her Draconic date of her work at the library. It was clear that she was enjoyed it, and she could just see Naomi carfully restocking library shelves with old tomes, or sitting at as desk delicately assissting the youth. It was a scene that any other Lilin Naomi had ever come across could never fit into in her mind. Naomi’s differences with her kind were attractive in their own way to Xaira: moreso than the average succubus, dripping with sexuality at all times. Xaira had actually spent the night with one before, and while it was exhilarating while it lasted, she felt like she was used for nourishment instead of enjoyed as an intimate partner; especially since the Lilin up and left before Xaira woke the next morning. She didn’t like how… impersonal most of them seemed to be, making how candid Naomi was being while speaking of her unusually “normal” job even more enjoyable. Xaira chuckled at the”lady with the pretty stockings” joke, making sure to get as good a look at the garments in question as Naomi was going to let her, earning the lilin a gentle smile of approval. They looked simultaneously sexy and adorable on her in Xaira’s eyes. Xaira conversed with aher a little longer, learning a few more details she felt the need to know about Naomi’s current situation. Once she was satisfied, Naomi of course had another question ready to go.

Xaira smiled at the question, her expression morphing into a flirty grin as she replied. “Well, not all my interests, but ya could say I used to… roll in the hay rather frequently with whomever I set my sights on at the time. They stopped filling the void a few months ago though and I haven’t… had that sort of fun for a while now.” She blushed for a moment, then smirked again while regaining her composure. “That’s gonna change now that I’ve met you, though.” Winking, she then continued with her true and non-teasing answer. “Honestly though, I’m a pretty active person but aside from working out between jobs I do end up taking it pretty easy at home. I dabble in a variety of hobbies to keep things interesting though. Believe it or not, I’m pretty artsy: Singing, playing the flute and drums, and carving stone are some of my favorite things. I even dance a little.” She giggled, smiling widely. ”I tend to keep myself busy.” Pausing for Naomi to comment and ask any needed questions, Xaira smiled coyly once again.

“Now that we’ve gotten to know each other a little better, I’m… wondering about something. How would you feel about starting a full-blown family? Adopting children maybe? One of us getting pregnant, even? I’ve wanted to raise a kid the way I felt like my parents should’ve raised me for a long time. It’s a pretty heavy topic for our first date, I know, but it’s clear we’re both serious about us already, so… didn’t think there was any harm in asking.”

Rustic Rustic

"it is a breed per se, relating to the nine tailed variety of foxes" Xander sat back and thought for a moment "the magical variety so to speak, most nine tails have a form of elemental magic, for example my element is fire" he indicated his colour "most would say air because of my colour but no I'm completely fire elemental"

If birds could blush, Corvus would be an awful shade of red at the compliment. Aeryn, on the other hand, would have turned red for other reasons. 'Here we go,' she thought, 'time to talk about me.' "Yeah, I am. That's not a problem is it? Because so far it hasn't done me any favours."

The elf frowned. Today hadn't been all she was expecting and she hoped that this small chance of ... something, wouldn't come to nothing all because of her race. She knew her kind weren't the most respected - most people avoided them at all costs - but she crossed her fingers (and anything else she could) that this woman would see past that. All this for a female... unusual, but Aeryn would take what she could get and be thankful all the same.

Verdas Verdas

Last edited:
Orthrus thought on it a moment. "For now I believe it's just to test the waters really. They plan to have more events like these, each time letting in more. For now, it's priority to those most in need." He knew how it sounded - favouritism, elitism. However, he believed it was the right thing to do. Most of these creatures were too afraid to go looking for love themselves, with many belonging to races that were looked down on or were misunderstood. Orthrus truly believed this was a good, safe idea to get them out there.

"Interested in joining another so soon?" He joked with her, trying to keep the mood light. And if her were honest, he really just wanted to drag out their time together. He found himself enjoying her company, regretting that she would have to break off and be swept up by some other lucky guest. Duty calls.

Halexia Halexia

"oh...erm no" Tyra said suddenly going shy, a slight blush appearing to her cheeks "I was just curious, I've heard humanity does this kind of thing often,ermm.... singles nights and such I believe they are called" Tyra suddenly felt like she had been put on the spot, but she didn't mind answering questions , she was enjoying the company much more than she thought she would, her initial apprehension seemed to have dissolved now her new found friend was putting her mind at ease, probably without even realising he was doing so

Orthrus chuckled. Ah, a topic he knew all too well. His job at the gates allowed him to gather a lot of knowledge and intel pertaining to the world upstairs. "You'd be correct. I'm given to understand they're a lot like our little evenin' we're havin'. Though they do it for fun rather than duty." He had heard stories from a resident shape-shifter who had the job of travelling above and gathering status information. The guy was good at his job, but he was fascinated with the humans and their ways. He often came back talking of balls and gatherings, and something called a night club? Though Orthrus was made to believe these involved dancing and fraternising rather than his more brutal imaginations of beating people at night with clubs specially made for the evening.

"They have allsorts up there in the big ol' world. I miss it sometimes." In truth, he missed it all the time. Orthrus had accepted his role to protect his people, and he took it seriously. Yet, he was among the population down here that used to live in the Old World. He missed being able to roam free, to feel the real sun on his skin, and walk in his true form without fear of being hunted, except of course in the old ages where he'd had a run in with a certain Heracles. Damned bully.

Halexia Halexia

Tyra looked thoughtfully pushing her hair behind her ears "I dont know how long I would last up there, the pale skin tends to give me away" truth be known it was the stories of the sun and how it could literally burn a vampires flesh of their bones that scared her "I prefer to remain, as they call us, a creature of the night, the artificial sunlight suits me fine though I even tend to hide from that" she indicated her medieval type cloak , and the fact that she was a stereotype vampire

Orthrus had seen plenty of old school vamps in his days down here. He even laughed at the thought of one particular one. "You wouldn't be the only one. Believe me. I understand wantin' to hide from the things that can hurt you. But the surface still has nights, which can be even more beautiful than its days." He winked down at her. "World up there's beautiful darlin', would hate to have ya miss it if we ever got to go back." Orthrus smiled a faraway smile, thinking of the old days.

Halexia Halexia

Tyra believed it she had heard stories of how beautiful the world looked under a full moon, she secretly longed to see the real moon after hearing the stories of the cool summer nights underneath it apparently that was how her parents had met, she had heard that particular story a thousand times it was one of her favourites that her parents told, then there was of course the fact that luna stages had a big impact on her "I have heard that the moon is very beautiful"

"it is a breed per se, relating to the nine tailed variety of foxes" Xander sat back and thought for a moment "the magical variety so to speak, most nine tails have a form of elemental magic, for example my element is fire" he indicated his colour "most would say air because of my colour but no I'm completely fire elemental"
"I see" Richard finished the last of his drink. "Fire can be dangerous to handle from what I hear, most people with that element tend to be looked as dangerous"

He was curious about the fox, most he saw were just the animal versions that managed to find their way down from the world above or ones that had been hunted down, killed and sold on market as food for anyone willing to pay a rather pretty price. Looking at Xander he wondered if half of those fox's were related to him in anyway which sounded a little silly in his head given the fox in frond of him was, in a manner of speaking, human like.

Chase let himself take Gabriel's relaxed response, even if it seemed weird. If that was what they were up against, it was what they were up against. There were quite a few questions they still had about supernaturals; maybe they were about to have one they hadn't known to ask before answered. Enlivened a bit more by the prospect, he continued on his way to the car in a more typical fashion, arms swishing at his sides merrily. His eyes widened a bit as he watched Fifer pass him - mostly because of her hurried pace - but only for a moment. He could understand why she might be rushing, with what they were dealing with. From all fronts, apparently. Still, because he had had a head start, he managed to slide in second without too much urgency. Not that it really mattered; as any one of them could have guessed, he was perfectly content to hop right into the driver's side back seat before anyone had claimed the passenger side yet. He was already pretty sure that this configuration was as good as it was going to get. It meant he'd be sitting next to Caroline, probably, but that actually didn't bother him. He still hadn't seen what her deal was yet. Maybe she'd be like, really cool?

It was he hoped for, anyway, as everyone gathered in to get going. He thought maybe about getting in his usual stretching while they were in their way again this time, but he reluctantly decided to tone it down. Granted, 'tone it down' did not, in this case, mean stop all together - he still deemed the ride fit to still bend himself into poses that those deeply concerned with vehicle safety would have a conniption upon seeing - but he did them subtly more careful and inhibited then he normally would've. He neither wanted to sprawl himself all over Caroline nor inhibit Fifer's careful ritualistic motions for going about driving. Both seemed unnecessarily bad for his health, but he was more worried about setting them each off worse than the other one already apparently had. Actually, in retrospect, from her view of Gabriel, Caroline didn't seem overly concerned with anything else, but still, it seemed kinder to leave them both alone where he could. 'Sleeping dogs or whatever,' was his exact thought.

Thankfully, they reached their destination quickly. It wasn't hard to see why once they'd gotten there, either. Chase never paid too much attention to the destination before they were sent somewhere (since he rarely drove), but looking around, it was pretty clearly just the downtown area. He sat up to watch the people go by, and to hear Fifer's stern warning to the group. Though from there it was a short distance to the parking lot, all the activity had made him pretty antsy by the time he was finally allowed out. He hopped onto the pavement at first opportunity, stretched his arms out freely, and let the wind billow through his loose-hanging outfit. It was a nice day, if only by this city's standards. He vastly preferred the outskirts and the clean, wide open space it provided, but as long it was outdoors, he probably liked being there. The sheer number of people mulling about was also kind of put a damper on things, admittedly, but he leaned himself back onto the car and prepared himself for the experience as everyone got themselves out.

When Fifer started detailing their plans, he came back to attention. He only just smiled through the whole thing - even when she got to the part about how notorious these things were to take out. It would be fine. Him working with Caroline made sense, too. When Fifer asked for confirmation, he nodded cheerfully. "Mmmhm!" And that was that. He had been ready to get into position afterward, but as he moved to start, he felt Fifer's hand on his shoulder and heard her request.

It's sort of a trip for him to hear. Be careful? It's not like he'd never heard it expressed, but he was surprised it was coming so earnestly from a teammate. He wasn't sure what to do with it, at first. After a second or two, he turned his head a little to give her his typical smile in acknowledgment. It is, for a moment, somewhat different, however. Conflicted, almost. But he quickly turned his head back around to face the job ahead anyway, like nothing had happened. It was time to get this show on the road! At Fifer's behest, he gave a gleeful nod toward Caroline. "Let's do our best!" he said, making a V-shape with his fingers and giving her a wink before he moved into position and they began to move out.

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Verdas Verdas

Xander chuckled, he had spent the majority of his life perfecting his ability to manipulate fire most of the time using it as a little party trick "its not dangerous if you know how to handle it" he didnt know whether to be flattered or insulted that he was considered by the young vampire to be 'dangerous' Xander only became dangerous with his fire if he felt threatened and, as far as he could tell, he was safe with his present company

"oh? Care to share some of those party tricks, I would love to see fire manipulation up close" It was something he had never seen before, it's not like he had never seen fire before heaps of people use it, but fire manipulation was something he had never seen up close.

"I'll show you my favourite, it will only be a small version 'cause, well its not good to go large with fire indoors" Xander held out his hand a small flame erupting then changing form into a miniature ballerina he used the finger of his other hand for the ballerina to land on thne closed his hands together killing the flame "my sister used to love that trick, she likes to dance, not seen her for a while but I know shes safe where she is"

"Wow, that was amazing" Richard almost seemed like a child fascinated by the fluid movements of the flame, the way it danced in xanders hands as if it the ballerina was alive. "Ever thought about going on the road that that? you could make a small fortune"

"the stage isnt really my thing" truth be known Xander had thought about going on the road countless times, but then thought of stage fright, besides he kept that kinda magic usually for his family, or if the need arose to defend himself, he knew he was good at his fitr magic he had spent his whole life perfecting it, being a perfectionist he had to make sure he got it just right before he would show it to anyone outside the family as Richard had said earlier fire was dangerous and Xander didnt not want to be responsible for harming people if his 'party tricks' got out of control

"fair enough" Was all Rick simply replied leaning back to the point the chair only stood on two legs and taking in the stale thing they called "air".

"what about you anyways" Xander asked his curiosity finally getting the better of him "from what I understand vampires are the 'undead' so how did you come to be with the heartbeat" Xander genuinely wondered about this he wasnt isially so probing with questions but the living vampire intrigued him

Rick stopped rocking on the chair and sat down properly finding the empty glass in front of him suddenly intriguing. "Magic, sorcery, witchcraft, luck of the draw, who knows" He shrugged, "I am what I am"

In truth he himself wasn't entirely sure how it happened. He had been this way for as long as he could remember, he didn't know if he had been turned or if he was born this way as no one came to claim him when he awoke in the underground city. Everything he knew about vampires he had read out of a book and even then he had to ask a few of the local vampires for some assistance.

"have you ever met another you know..." Xander paused for a second thinking how to word the next line without sounding offensive "like you" the last thing he wanted to do was offend the vampire and he didnt know if his words would offend him, Xander was just really curious about the whole living vampire thing and wanted to find out as much information as he could about his new friend "or are you a one of a kind type of deal"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back