• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Destined Slayers (open)

Mr. Grey rolled his eyes and grinned. "Mr. Anderson. Your disturbance could be the death of thousands." He said. As Luke attempted to head for the door, Mr. Grey simply snapped his fingers, waved his hand, and seemingly grabbed Luke with ease via telekinesis. He basically tossed Luke back into his chair. He smirked. "Now, Luke..I trust you won't be a problem?" He asked.

Destiny grinned. Grey had powers...Grey, the charming, old, jolly man whom the entire school adored. He was...what, a wizard? What would be an appropriate title for him? Destiny couldn't help but keep her eyes on him the entire time. The tomboy almost seemed giddy. Mostly because he just tossed Luke, a total jerk, across the room into a seat. That made her want to giggle! And she never giggles. She stood up after Hrey displayed his power yet again. "Okay...tell us what's up." She said on behalf of the group. Why the hell not? Is it weird for a 15 yr old freshman girl to just take lead randomly? Maybe. Mr. Grey simply chuckled at her and gave a peaceful smile. "Yes. Now, everyone. Allow me to reach into your minds, and show you your bloodline's legacy." He announced. He closed his eyes, and then waved his hands around, sending a light blue energy toward the teens. The energy hit them all gently, surging through them all like water in a stream. For Destiny, the impact of the "blast" was peaceful...comforting even. She only trusted him this much because...well, after seeing all of that, how could she not?

Mr. Grey spoke up. "Destiny, your inner fire and ferocity serves you well, as you are gifted with the power of fire. Riley, beautiful like a stream, you command the power of water. Ricky, brighter than you admit, the power of light is yours to command. Connor, intelligent and cunning, the element of gravity is at your disposal. Jackson, strong and standing your own, the might of Earth is yours to command. Silva, gentle and serene, the power of air is forever yours. Milo, quiet and hidden away from your peers, the shadows are your domain. And Luke, rebellious with a secret heart of purity, the element of lightning is yours. With these powers, your hearts and minds will lead you to pursue excellence with the strength of an army. With this knowledge I hereby pass to you, the creatures of the night stand no chance against you, united. Slayers, hear the call of your ancestors. Hear the plea of the people. Accept your destiny." Mr. Grey finally finished speaking.

As he chanted each person and their element, he was passing on knowledge of the past and the monsters to the teens. Destiny grabbed her forehead, slightly aching from the sudden knowledge...but chills ran down her spine. "Woah...I feel...different. Like I know more, feel faster, and....damn, I'm on fire!" She said, metaphorically. The element of fire was hers, and the sudden feeling of power...and slightly rushed emotions, was all but overwhelming.

(gosh...am I rushing? xD @MysticPisces @Beowulf @Cryobionic @Lady Insanity @Huntrey @Kloverdesu @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki )

"Air? Wow, that's woah, that's a lot to handle," Silva had never seen the teacher with this kind of ages old wisdom, lighting in his eyes and deep in his speech. She was good at reading people and their emotions, but this was new. Her head ached a bit, and she could feel a whoosh of cool, like a breeze run through her pale fingers. She lost her dramatic flair in a haze of wonder, enlightenment, and just a touch of fear. "Can-can I lift people? Like you did with Destiny? What about flying. Or pushing things with air?" Silva now knew what it felt like. In all her scripts, when the character was granted a power. The rush of excitment, tingling through her body. Her brain feeling like a book, overflowing with new things. She felt so conscious of every breath, she could almost see the air swwirling around her, like a solid. The cool mist flew out in puffs, just like a hot breath on a frosty day. Little slivers of grayish-white smoke being sucked into mouths, or lazily rolling around the room. She felt reborn, to say the least.

Despite the tense and uneasy feelings that had been bubbling up within from the moment Destiny had risen from her chair, Milo couldn't help but chuckle softly into his hand as Luke was flung back into his seat by some unseen forced unleashed by his favorite teacher. It was just so surreal to see the usually buff and unfazed bully be treated like that, and Milo would be lying if he said he didn't find it amusing.

His amusement however, was soon put to an end as Mr. Grey began speaking to them as a whole again, and Milo paid rapt attention, not wanting to miss a thing. Everything he was saying, sounded too odd to be true, but yet, there was a small part of him that believed him. Perhaps it was that small sense of childlike wonder and a wish for magic to be true, he didn't know, but he could feel that part of him growing with every word that left the old mans chapped lips. He wanted to scold himself for wanting to believe it, to grip on tight to the rational part of his brain that deemed everything going on impossible, for was there not the very real possibility he could descend into madness should he let himself get carried away with the belief? He didn't know, and that in it of itself made him nervous.

Then Mr. Grey announced that he was going to 'reach into their mind' and Milo tensed up. Would it hurt? What would he see while in there? The black haired teen frowned, and flinched harshly as the light hit his chest. It didn't feel particularly unpleasant at all, but he could feel himself resisting its prodding energy almost automatically before he caught himself, and let the weirdness of it all embrace him, the childlike part of him nearly blossoming into full blown curiosity now. Mr. Grey had never hurt him, and he had had every opportunity to up until this point. He wouldn't hurt him. He wouldn't.

But then his head was suddenly on fire, and as he buckled out of his seat, Milo wanted to scream at himself for being so naive. Images of times long since past flew before his vision, beasts and horrors he never knew existed rooted themselves in his mind in a blur of color and emotion to strong for him to comprehend at that moment. It all seemed too unbearable, and Milo was afraid he might pass out should it not stop, should the sudden intrusion of years worth of knowledge not end. Just as he thought he might actually scream, darkness enveloped the images. Like a black mist, his mind clouded over, shielding his subconscious from the pain, and from the penetrating information. A calm settled over him, and he straightened, drawing a deep, shaky breath.

And he had to agree with Destiny, he certainly felt different. Though, he didn't feel on fire. He felt enveloped in a comforting, cold, undeceiving darkness.

@PenBlade1326 (Eep, I hope this is... an acceptable reaction!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Riley appreciated that beautiful comment. Reminder of her personal truth. But when the knowledge of Slayers' past hit her...well, it hit her! The surge of images and wisdom in her head nearly killed her. Well, that's being dramatic. Her body felt a rush of chills and exciting feelings that resembled a multitude if emotion. Being practically assaulted with knowledge was strange, but the river-like flow to the magic was comforting to Riley.

"Woah...that was...like, weird." She commented. She felt rather fluid and nimble, like water. Her hands began performing an assorted variety of motions to resemble water...creating water before her. It just came to her, as if Grey had uploaded this power to her head. She was materializing water in mid air and making it dance. This...this was neat.

(most certainly is, Cryo!)

Mr. Grey chuckled at Silva. "All will come in time. For now, you can manipulate the air and wind around you." He replied to her. He noticed Riley creating the dancing water as if it were "uploaded" to her. Same for Milo and the shadow energy. Destiny herself, just grinned in excitement. She tapped her chin in thought...she snapped her fingers, and fire appeared. Her fingers were like lighters! If anyone had a cigarette, she could probably light it for them. She snapped them again, and the fire vanished. She repeated this motion over and over...just studying herself.

Mr. Grey observed the rest of the teens.

Richard listened to Mr Grey speak not expecting what would happened when he mentioned his own power. The world seemed to be covered with bright light like a flashing going of but the flash going for longer, little did he know he was the light source. Fact began to appear in his mind like the most efficient way to kill a lightning bird, a kongamato (both african monsters) and chimera among others. Also techniques on how to use his powers: light ray, shield... It was overwhelming but at the same time. Finally the light faded he slumped back on his seat out of breath." My... What a trip... The should sell it as a high... One thing to say about this... I HAVE THE POWER!" He called out letting out light from his body so he seemed like he was glowing, before chuckling at his reference. "Couldnt resist."

Startled from his own thoughts, his fingers twirling around a wispy, dark string of shadow, Milo initially jumped as the sudden burst of light enveloped the room. He watched in slight dismay as his shadows evaporated, cast away by the light emitting from Richard. At least that was some logic he could apply to the situation, if he had still been looking for any. Because in the face of light, there could be no shadows. Or maybe there could, at this point, he didn't really know anymore.

But as Richard came down from his power surge and shouted out his revelation, Milo felt his chest restrict, and his shoulders began shaking as his hand lifted to his lips to try and conceal the laughter bubbling up from the pit of his stomach. But the joke, which he thought quite funny, in addition to the giddiness he still felt lingering from whatever Mr. Grey had done, coupled with the sheer ridiculousness and strain of the situation, made that quite impossible, and the teen burst out laughing. It was a dry, clear sound nearly unfamiliar to him, and as he buckled over in his chair, he couldn't help but think he should do this more often.

Despite this, he recovered quickly, and was soon back upright in his seat, head ducked to that his fringe could conceal his smile and reddened cheeks. How strange that must have looked, to suddenly just burst out laughing like that. Milo shook his head slightly at his own silliness.

Jackson nodded as Mr. Grey continued. 'Strong and standing your own,' he had said of Jackson. The senior took pride in that. His life as of late had been uncertain for him. With the loss of his mother, he had to be strong. He had to be strong for his sister and father. For himself, too. His ambitions had shot upwards like a mighty tree trunk as he realized he had to make something of his life to support his family. And with this new power he was supposed to possess, anything was possible.

As the blue light of knowledge hit his consciousness, Jackson opened his mind to the possibilities of this unknown world. Monsters and magic, ghost, goblins, vampires, what wasn't possible? What didn't exist? For a few moments, Jackson lost himself in the sudden realization that the world was much larger and much different than he had ever known or imagined. He felt euphoric and weightless for a fleeting instance as his mind was bombarded with information. It was an amazing feeling, but one that came with a cost. Now that he knew there were so many dangers in the world, a heavy responsibility fell on his shoulders. It was his job - no, his duty - to prevent the evils that now existed from taking over. And what a burden that was!

Jackson collapsed to his knees, his hands grabbing his head as the wave of information passed. There was too much to take in at the moment, too much to question and ponder for his brain to keep up. To his left and right, he saw the other students displaying strange new talents. The vain girl was making water dance before his very eyes. It was floating in the air, weaving to and fro with nothing more than a simple gesture. Then there was a flash of bright light from the awkward basketball player. One of the girls was also snapping fire into existence. Closing his eyes to try and make sense of the situation, Jackson only felt like the ground had been pulled out from under his feet, like he was falling without a place to land.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," he announced, clenching his stomach.

Silva let air move from her fingers, extending her pale didgits so her perfectly manicured nails shot foreward jets of air. A few books lying on a nearby desk fell off, as if they had been knocked away by a hand. She loved this. The new, exciting feeling of airiness. And the knowledge. Pounding through her, making her feel a little lightheaded. She became thirsty for the slayers' history, to know what she should do. Maybe she was a witch, but she would be the good witch, not the wicked one. She shot air at the people in the room, causing skirts to fly and hair to whip around. When she saw Destiny making fire with her fingers, she couldn't resist. She pulled a ciggarette out from her purse, and held it to Destiny. "May I?" She asked. It was a little known fact that Silva smoked, but she couldn't pass up the chance to have one lit with her fingers.

"Please don't, hon. " Ricky interjected seeing Silva wanting to smoke. The mere sight of the cigarette was giving him strong cravingfor his own Smokes. "I just gave up mine I don't need being around them. Besides smoking is going to ruin those beauty pearl white teeth of yours."

"Geez louise," Silva rolled her bright red eyes and tossed the ciggarette somewhere behind her, dramatically storming back to her seat. She didn't see how anyone could give up smoking, and at a time where she could have it lit with a snap of someone's fingers, albeit a band girl's. A smoke every few days couldn't hurt. Only hardcore pack-a-day ciggarette junkies got lung problems.

"Don't die over there." Destiny commented to Jackson. She glances around at this group of different kids...all of them....unlikely heroes. In the back of her head, she thought there had to have been others better fitted, but she would not question it.

(sorry yesterday was so dead! I got held up. Back on!)

Gravity? You mean like the stuff that held them all on the planet? Sweet. Now, how was he going to use this power? He suddenly had the knowledge of it and how it was supposed to work, but he had never used it in his life. And yet he was expected to just, poof, use it? No, he couldn't. He needed to practice, stretch the muscle required to use it. And decide what to use. From his ancestors he knew how to use a variety of weapons, but he very much doubted he had the strength or the corrdination to use them. So, he had to decide, what to use? Guess he'll make that decision later.

Milo dropped his hands from where they had been creating shapes of shadow, his mind racing with the new possibilities now presenting themselves. If he could control shadows, to what extent did his power reach? Could he, for example, push people away with the shade? He very much doubted so, because if he thought about it logically, shadows weren't a physical thing, one couldn't touch shadows, or feel them. But then again... Milo's hands rose and he watched as a small wisp of dark mist formed in his palm. He could touch and feel the cold, lightness forms. They felt almost like a liquid, but dry and icy cold to the touch and it left his skin feeling tingly.

As he willed his brain to open up to the information given by Mr. Grey, he learned that he could indeed push people away with the stuff, as well as an array of other things. One of which seemed particularly intriguing to him. Milo's eyes narrowed as he focused on his inner core, willing shadows to form around him, and they did. Darkness began to roll out from what seemed to be his very pores, and soon, the teenager was completely concealed in shadows. He marveled at the fact that while he could feel the cool touch of the darkness upon his skin, it wasn't uncomfortable or even painful at all. It just felt... right, somehow.

PenBlade1326 said:
Mr. Grey rolled his eyes and grinned. "Mr. Anderson. Your disturbance could be the death of thousands." He said. As Luke attempted to head for the door, Mr. Grey simply snapped his fingers, waved his hand, and seemingly grabbed Luke with ease via telekinesis. He basically tossed Luke back into his chair. He smirked. "Now, Luke..I trust you won't be a problem?" He asked.
Destiny grinned. Grey had powers...Grey, the charming, old, jolly man whom the entire school adored. He was...what, a wizard? What would be an appropriate title for him? Destiny couldn't help but keep her eyes on him the entire time. The tomboy almost seemed giddy. Mostly because he just tossed Luke, a total jerk, across the room into a seat. That made her want to giggle! And she never giggles. She stood up after Hrey displayed his power yet again. "Okay...tell us what's up." She said on behalf of the group. Why the hell not? Is it weird for a 15 yr old freshman girl to just take lead randomly? Maybe. Mr. Grey simply chuckled at her and gave a peaceful smile. "Yes. Now, everyone. Allow me to reach into your minds, and show you your bloodline's legacy." He announced. He closed his eyes, and then waved his hands around, sending a light blue energy toward the teens. The energy hit them all gently, surging through them all like water in a stream. For Destiny, the impact of the "blast" was peaceful...comforting even. She only trusted him this much because...well, after seeing all of that, how could she not?

Mr. Grey spoke up. "Destiny, your inner fire and ferocity serves you well, as you are gifted with the power of fire. Riley, beautiful like a stream, you command the power of water. Ricky, brighter than you admit, the power of light is yours to command. Connor, intelligent and cunning, the element of gravity is at your disposal. Jackson, strong and standing your own, the might of Earth is yours to command. Silva, gentle and serene, the power of air is forever yours. Milo, quiet and hidden away from your peers, the shadows are your domain. And Luke, rebellious with a secret heart of purity, the element of lightning is yours. With these powers, your hearts and minds will lead you to pursue excellence with the strength of an army. With this knowledge I hereby pass to you, the creatures of the night stand no chance against you, united. Slayers, hear the call of your ancestors. Hear the plea of the people. Accept your destiny." Mr. Grey finally finished speaking.

As he chanted each person and their element, he was passing on knowledge of the past and the monsters to the teens. Destiny grabbed her forehead, slightly aching from the sudden knowledge...but chills ran down her spine. "Woah...I feel...different. Like I know more, feel faster, and....damn, I'm on fire!" She said, metaphorically. The element of fire was hers, and the sudden feeling of power...and slightly rushed emotions, was all but overwhelming.

(gosh...am I rushing? xD @MysticPisces @Beowulf @Cryobionic @Lady Insanity @Huntrey @Kloverdesu @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki )
The thrust of power overtaking Luke's body was surprising, but even more so the velocity at which he returned to the chair. When his body hit the chair the force nearly sent it into the wall, a visible pain hit Luke's face, but it was immediately turned into anger at the teacher. "Where do you get off!" Even with the telekinetic powers and unbelievable strength, the eyes looking at Luke and laughing on his behalf was enough to make him go against his common sense. "Fuck this, I'm out."

Rolling up his sleeves slightly, Luke was about to attempt to leave once again, but was caught by yet another sensation. This time it entered his mind as a ball of light; calm, peaceful, inviting, and Mr. Grey's speech became the only thing he could focus on. All up until the man sent the wave of information and use of his powers to his head. Rebellious with a secret heart of purity, the element of lightning is yours. The words electrified in his head, until Luke collapsed on the ground in the middle of the room with the pain of his electrodes firing at extremes rates.

Almost every nerve in Luke's body was being pulsed with energy, some of it not even his. Along with the newfound power came newfound knowledge of monsters, demons, and all the weaponry needed to fight them. Looking around Luke saw the same amount of wonder, fear, and pain that he was feeling, but slight variation that he knew from Mr. Grey's speech. Once he had recovered from the attack, Luke could already see the powers in action. Water, fire, shadow, light, different powers mixed about him in unusual ways and it only took a moment for Luke to try his.

Spreading his arms apart and facing each palm to the other, Luke let out his rage from the detention session in his mind. Then in the physical form, lightning arched between the two points in destructive and rapid streaks. It was amazing, and Luke began to laugh a bit maniaclly with his new power. But the phrase once again made it's way into his head, Secret heart of purity, and it bothered Luke about just how much Mr. Grey might know.

Aside from the bully's maniacal laughing, Destiny was comfortable with her newfound powers. Grey had seemingly uploaded it all to their minds, teaching them all of the basics of their power in seconds. The teens would discover more as time went on.

Destiny's fire snapping went on for a long time in the library. Although she had noticed Mr. Grey going from a smile of wonder to the teens...to a frown brought on by him nearly collapsing. Her eyes widened. "Mr. Grey!" She shouted, rushing to him before he could fall. He had caught himself, thankfully. The old man was somehow out of breath. "Oh my...forgive me. I...I-I can sense something near the school. Something evil is approaching. I feel it." He said, wearily. Mr. Grey sounded both excited and horrified. The group may now have their powers, but they weren't experience in combat. He might have to fight whatever is coming himself. Or, he'd just have to believe in these kids. Could he be so lucky as to have the kids be able to fight right away?

Destiny tilted her head. "Wait what? We just got our powers and now somethings coming? Man, it's like something out of a bad comic book." (turns her head to face the IRL roleplay authors and breaks the 4th wall) She snapped her fingers again to make a small fire, then snapped to extinguish it. SHe let out a breath. The tomboy then looked at him. "What's coming?" She asked.

"I can sense ghouls...foul beasts, dressed in old worn white cloth. They're undead from another time. Just mindless fighting and killing things." Mr. Grey had warned.

@Huntrey @MysticPisces @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki @Beowulf @Cryobionic @Kloverdesu @Lady Insanity

"No! I shall keep them back! Spare yourselves, make me your martyr!" Silva wildly threw her arm foreward, causing a jet of air to knock all the desks and shelves back. She wanted to be the star, the main role. She could do it, she'd come back with her shield, not on it! Or she could easily be the Tris, the hero dying for a great cause, always to be remembered. Both ways, she would be famous. She pretended she was carrying a sword... no, a scythe. And she imagined herself slicing through otherworldly demons, air splitting them like a glass.

Ricky shook his head at Silva. "Eh, silvy darling, this is real life treating fighting not a stage fight. The Shakespeare wanna be is only going to get you killed." He said before getting up from his seat, he had a serious face but he was scared he only just got his powers and despite the knowledge transfer they hadn't fought before. He looked back at Grey."What... What do you want us to do?"

"Yeah, Grey," Jackson added, finding the strength to get one foot under him, "what can we do? How do you kill something that's already dead?"

((bump?))

"Giving it life again?" Silva had never heard about killing dead things in any of her plays, so she was absolutely stumped

Riley facepalmed at Silva "We don't return evil monsters to the living. I'm guessing we...either hit them until they stop moving, or we just ask them to please go away and never come back. That's how I deal with my ex boyfriends! Minus the hitting part." She said, slightly sarcastic.

(I was just waiting on more replies xD )

Destiny nudged her sister. "Oh please. I think we use our powers to send them back to whatever crawlspace in Hell them came from...right, Grey?" She asked him. He grinned. "Yes, dear girl. You must use your powers given to you by your ancestors to drive the evil back into oblivion. But, you will need these." He said, snapping his fingers once again.

On this snap, he magically made weapons appear in the hands of the teens. As well as better-suited combat attire. Such as boots, gloves, tank tops and t shirts, etc. Whatever really suited their personal style. As for the weapons, they varied on each teen. Destiny had twin blades sheathed on her back, for instance. It would be her weapon of choice. "How did...how did you--" She began. But Grey stopped her.

"I simply tapped into your minds and saw you as a Slayer. I saw the weapons, the skills, the attire, all that would be yours. And so, here it is!" Grey announced. In addition to their powers, they also had these weapons to assist them...should come in handy. (these are the weapons listed in the CS's!)

@MysticPisces @Lady Insanity @Huntrey @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki @Cryobionic @Beowulf @Kloverdesu

It would be a lie if Milo said he hadn't startled when Mr. Grey snapped his fingers. He had been too occupied with trying to not freak out over the approaching ghouls to have really paid much attention to the old man. That, he realized now, had been a mistake, for he now found himself in an entirely different attire than he had only a few seconds previous, and as Milo ran a hand over his belt, hid fingers hit something hard, and cold.

Grabbing the items, he pulled them out and held them up to his face, studying them with a growing smile. Balisongs. That was certainly convenient considering it was the only weapons he sort of knew how to use. Milo pressed the knife's springs together, opening the blades with a 'click'. A few flips of the sharp blades later, and Milo was pretty certain he could get used to the weight of the weapons in his hand.

(Sorry for the lack of replies and for the short reply. Been suffering some writers block with Milo as of late. ^^")

Ricky approached the weapons really having no idea what weapon he would used. As he looked at the weapons he noted a Japanese style claymore like weapon the name of which escaped him. It was like it spoke to him and he picked it up. "Wow... For a big blade this is light." He unsheathed the sword from its weapon. "Oh this is definitely mine... Happy monster slaying Christmas everyone."He said before chuckling sheathing it again."let's go kick some zombie buts."

Silva grinned, looking at the scythe perched on her back. Her armor still had a bit of a goth sillouette framing her delicate features and her thin body. Except fot the fact that her parasol was nowhere to be found, she enjoyed this. So much in fact that she burst out singing Grease songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back