• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Demon Gate: The Return of Apollyon

Amethyst

*Teleports Behind You*
This is based on an old RP from another site.

There is a gate that leads to another world. Whatever was contained inside the gate and what it was like remained a mystery until three years ago, when the gate randomly opened.

Turns out there are demons of all kinds inside the gate and want to conquer Earth. Seven soul orbs are used in order to open or close the gate, and the exact location of these soul orbs were a mystery, but they were somewhere on Earth.

Once noticed, angels from a higher realm noticed these demons escaping the world inside the gate. They sent many supernaturals from other worlds to help the humans fight against the demons, but a few teamed up with the demons, or became neutral.

Iris wandered throughout a forest. "It's only been three years since the Demon Gate closed, but now I've heard of these rumors that the demons are making a comeback. I wonder who is doing it?" She asked herself and continued to wander throughout the forest. The day was sunny out, and a city was not so far away. The humans and the supernaturals, well, the ones siding with them, were living together mostly peacefully.

Rajesh sat on one end of a table in a room in his hidden base. His top demons were just coming in. "Good evening my fellow demons, hope you have been hiding from the humans well enough." He told as the last came in and sat down.

"Shut it! Wait, how are your inventions coming along?" A red draconian asked him.

"They're doing just fine, I have created a new type of thing, an artifical demon. I call them Demon Beasts." Rajesh answered.

"Sounds cheesy."

"I will send a supernatural catcher out for a test. If we sucessfully catch a supernatural, then I will mix its blood with this substance and a Demon Beast will be created." Rajesh said as he held up a flask of black murky liquid. A twenty foot tall robot marched out of the storage room that contained other robots came out of the base.

Zimnékde walked through town looking for a place to eat she wore a long flowing white dress and a winter coat to his her wings she had the hood on an kept her head down only glancin up to look at signs

Iris looked around and heard a light stomping sound. As it got louder, she jumped into a small gorge and hid under a fallen tree which could be some sort of bridge for animals. She looked up and saw a large robot hop over the gorge and then run away from where Iris was hiding. She crawled out of the gorge and saw it head towards the city. She heard the birds chirp and the wind blowing as she sneaked until the robot became out of sight.

Zimnékde shrugged and walked into a small local Café she ordered some coffee and a muffin then sat down to eat she looked at her reflection in the coffee cup

Kyo sat in a lone tree on a green grassy field. He was certainly a long way from Mikkyo Shi and not really sure what the nearby city was called. He was playing around with his telekinesis through esoteric energy to spatially sense all the organisms around him and observe them. Every once in a while he'd expand his senses a bit farther. But soon he picked up something big and technological heading his way. Kyo on alert dropped from the tree to his feet to face this potential foe.

@Acadia

The robot continued to run until it noticed Kyo. It stopped right in front of him. "Target sited. Using incapacitate mode." It said in a monotone voice. Its left arm turned into a thing that resembled a blowgun, and aimed its arm at Kyo.

Rajesh finished up his meeting with his top demons. "We haven't gotten a living supernatural yet, but we will, hopefully soon." He spoke as the others left and then proceeded to get up and leave as well to his lab. There, tons of the black substance couled be found in a tank, waiting for supernatural blood. He looked at the empty tubes, then looked at a couple of deceased monsters on a table. Some of their blood was taken and the Demon Beasts created from them were placed into an arena for testing.

Kyo telekinetically teleported about 10 yards behind the robot and fired an explosive mystic blast at it. He then fired a lightning bolt at it to test what kind of robot it is whether its a mystical automaton or is it on the more technological side.(you decide this). Kyo then dropped back to analyze his findings and guess what the motive of this machine is for attacking him.

Iris continued her way throughout the forest, until she reached one end. There was a small town nearby, but soon she would be entering the city. She was doing an alternative path to avoid getting caught by the robot.

The robot fired seconds after Kyo teleported behind it and got hit in the back by the blast, exposing its wiring and mechanical skeleton in the back. It proceeded to look behind it and see Kyo some 10 yards away firing a lightning bolt at it. Once hit, it fell over and was temporarily immobilized. It was a weaker and more technological version of what Rajesh had been making but was his most common catcher.

Once Zimnékde finished she paid and left walking out of the city she couldn't stand how dirty it felt she sighed and kept her head down not paying attention

Natsu walked around with his hands behind his head "mmf... there's nothing to do here...." he mumbled and spotted a guy fighting a robot, he raised an eyebrow "need help buddy or are you good?" He said and looked at the man.

Kyo stood looking at the robot, analyzing he determined ir was likely meant to temporarily detain a supernatural. He wondered though why would such a thing be necessary. He was turned away from his thought by the arrival of another. He replied to Natsu "I think I broke it already. If it gets back up I'll let you break it then." Kyo decided to not pass this opportunity up used his sense to scan and memorize its workings and manufacture a schematic of it in his mind.

Natsu smiled "yes! Hmmm.... Ima break it anyways!" He said and struck the robot with his dark fire magic "Ima try not to destroy the area though" he laughed slightly and kept strucking the seemingly defeated robot "you did a number on it already though".

Iris thought of going back into the forest, and she did, walking in the path of where she saw the robot run. She wondered if her arcane magic could defeat a robot. The forest seemed to be very long. Iris eventually reached a clearing, but there was still no sign of the robot, so she continued after getting in the middle of the clearing, wondering if it already had went to the city to do what it needed to do.

Rajesh slammed his fist on the desk. "Ugh! I'm sending an additional two out!" He yelled as he pressed several buttons, releasing two more of the same robot out of the storage and into a field. They made their way into the forest.

"Well looks like we're going to have to do the same to the next two approaching." he said to Natsu as his spatial sense picked up two more robots. Kyo charged a powerful energy blast and fired it long range at the robot closest to him but aimed for its left leg. He then with his other hand form a giant long range blade of energy leading off his finger times and swung it diagonally to cleave the robot he shot at in two.

Natsu smirked "I'm ready for those suckers" he said and readied a flame in both hands. He looked around with a serious look waiting for them to appear so he could smash them to peices.

Zimnékde tilted her head towards the sky and listened the wind carried to her the sounds of battle and she smiled then jumped and her jacket came off and she flew towards the sound

The first robot jumped, missing the energy blast, but some of its legs were sliced by the blade of energy. It fell onto the ground as it turned both its arms into guns, and began firing. The second robot went an alternate route and grabbed a large bush out of its roots, ripping it in two, and threw them at the fighters. It then began to charge and turned its arms into dual blades.

Iris heard a sound in the distance. She hid behind a large tree and peaked to look out as the sound got progressively louder, then faded for a bit until the sounds of bullets firing were heard. She thought of what that could mean, probably a fight going on.

Natsu burned the bush to ashes and laughed "you have fists but you threw a bush?" He said and threw a ball of dark fire at it.

Kyo dodged the bullets fired by the robot and teleported to stand on top of the robot. He detonated an energy bomb from right under his foot to blow away the torso of the robot. "More robots won't take me down." he yelled to no one in particular. He assumed whoever was sending these things must be actively watching the battle.

"Do you want her suffering to end, kid?"

Mitch sniffled a bit as he turned from his mother's hospital bed to the doctor standing nearby. Ever since her accident in the kitchen her body's been wracked with evergrowing pain. The doctor, though sympathetic, couldn't hide the unmistakable worry for his patient.

Mitch grabbed the Doctor's coat and gripped it desperately "Please, I don't care how much it costs!" the young man said as he fought back sadness induced coughs "I'll find the money doc! I promise you I'll-!"

"Calm down." the doctor said as he tried to steady the panicked young man, right before raising an open hand "All you have to do for now is calm down and take my hand."

Mitch sniffled "Then you can help fix her, right?!?"

The Doctor nodded with a warm smile. Mitch's look of desperation was instantly filled with hope, and he quickly reached out to take the Doctor's offered hand.

The moment he grasped it, the Doctor seemed to fade out of existence. Mitch stood still, frozen in place as he watched the walls of the room rumble slightly, little fissures opening and closing and chunks of the room literally floating away as the building was quickly remodeled by unseen forces. Any words Mitch could've said died as he took in the sight of chunks of the Hospitals Interior just floating still in the air distanced from each other.

Finally his eyes settled on his mother's bed, and he instantly recoiled. The outline of his mother was there no doubt, but something was standing over her bed. A humanoid creature of what looked like dead meat and some type of plastic. One of it's arms had a vicious looking spiked war club attached to it, and Mitch watched slack jawed as the creature poked and prodded at his mother's outline with it.

Once spotted, the creature ceased its poking and faced him with its soulless gaze. It then moved around the bed towards Mitch.

[***************]

Bargan exited the hospital room as the erratic beeping that was once the mother's heart rate steadied to a much safer pace. Soon he was exiting the back of the building, his face shifting only a bit before he pulled his mask from his coat and placing it on his face where it belonged. He tossed the Doctor's coat to the side and, in a quick flash of flames, his normal black attire returned before he casually grabbed hold of the next building's wall and began climbing.

The robot sidestepped from the dark fire and turned its left arm into a blowgun, much like the first robot that was destroyed, it fired aimlessly in the clearing as the other robot was disabled. It then ran about in order to avoid attacks and scan the individuals in case of the robot getting destroyed so that Rajesh could find them again. Rajesh was still determined to get a supernatural in order for his tests. If this single remaining robot was destroyed, he would wait for them to be in a confined area and send one of his smaller robots to attack. If all else failed, he could attempt to strengthen Apollyon and find more soul orbs to summon him.

Kyo held back the robots fire with a force field in that shape of sphere that even went into the ground encasing the robot. Kyo then closed his hand and compressed then forcefield to the size of a bullet doing the same to the robot within. Kyo said to Natsu "We better go find where these things are coming from. We should probably head in the direction they came from."

@LunaCrosby

"Yeah that would be the best thing to do" Nastu said and walked over to him "these robots suck at fighting" he mumbled.

Rajesh, upon seeing all three robots getting deactivated, sent out some weaker Demon Beasts that looked like ordinary Earth animals in order to search for more soul orbs. This time he avoided the forest, going for a mountainside instead. One of the Demon Beasts, which resembled an eagle, got there first, then the land-based Demon Beasts. Rajesh's scouts earlier found a cave entrance and wanted to reserve it for the beasts to explore inside.

Iris watched as the last of the robots were defeated. She then made a run for it, and once she got out of the forest, wnet into the closest town nearby. She knew it would take a few minutes to run there, but it would be fine for her to stay there for the remainder of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back