• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Darkness of Our Souls

Meredith

of Fiendish Intent
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
We are in grave danger. Although you might know our history, as citizens, some do not. As had been predicted, the land has fused together in the last few hundred thousand years. Pangea, once more. War had been evaded for a while, if only due to climate change... but it hadn't lasted long. The nations fought against each other, for land, but now they do so for the nations that are so few and far between. Although almost everybody knows their birthplace, or can at least guess, very few know where they are at any given moment. The governments have all but disbanded, leaving the survivors, few and far between, to fight and starve while the once rich and powerful comfortably live the rest of their lives out. All others fight and scrounge for just enough to get by... and often enough they don't find it. Even the scientists that tried to repopulate humanity now starve...

Now we must fight. We must band together, in order to flourish. In order... to survive.

1673238-slide-750pangea-politik-2.jpg

This is our world... Yet now, now the bounderies are much, much less clear. The world has decayed into a chaotic state...

-Please, please, please no one-liners. They don't offer too much simulation for the mind. In fact, they rather numb it.

-I don't ask that you obsessively check your posts for spelling, grammer, and punctuation... but it's always a nice thing to read.

-With that said, no text-speak whatsoever.

-Be civil to others OOC. You don't have to be warm and fuzzy, but no belittling another roleplayer or some such things.

-You may not God-mod, bunny, etc.

-You may have up to three charecters, but they may not all be the same gender. (You may have one male and one female, one male and two females, one female and two males, or one charecter of any gender.)

-Try to be active. I totally understand if you cannot get online. But please, please try, or attempt to notify. I have issues that sometimes leave me offline. I get it.

-You may never control another's charecter without their explicit permission. And even then you must both PM me with the scenario.

-You cannot dodge every attack, but not everything will land, either.

Here's the charector list thus far:

I - Meredith Caine (@Sadow-sama )

V - Bijoux Belle and Ethan Sims (@iAmGypsyDanger )

VI - open

VII - open

Allright guys. We're starting now. I'm changing the rp to open/accepting. Anybody can post first, but if there's not one by tonight I'll post, myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadow felt an ache in his chest as ragged breath tore through him. Gunfire thundered across the ruined city, ripping across stone walls and brick buildings that have been reduced to torn walls and rubble. He hid behind one of these walls in what used to be a warehouse but what was now a slowly decaying mess of a building. He was cornered. Three bandits have been tracking him for roughly two hours and have managed to catch up to him while he was attempting to rest and resupply in this town. He held his assault rifle close to his chest while trying to calm himself. They had very little in terms of ammunition and the walls he was using as cover seemed to stop the bullets well enough. He just needed an opportunity to flank them to strike. That or get in close enough to finish them off.

"God I hate Mondays..." he said to himself, sweat pouring down his face.

Hellen drew her pistol from its holster, then gunfire she heard coming closer and closer as she walked down the street of the city remnant. It was hard to believe, just a few years before this city was full of life as hundreds of people did the daily commute back and forth and the streets roared in the sounds of hundreds of cars carrying these people. Now the cars were no different to any other litter in the streets, bare metallic husk of the glorious machines that they were before. A depressing feeling hang in the air as if the world was scolding the people who remain for their species folly, calling for them to wipe themselves of its surface. It was a request she was willing to comply with several times since the war, though providence forced her otherwise. Maybe this gun fight would be it.

She ducked low when the gunfire was just around the corner, using the remnants of a car for cover as she approached and studied the scene. Three gunman, boys with more guns then sense more like, firing at figure taking cover in a warehouse. Her suicidal issues aside, she would be caught within a hundred yards of a gunfight like that but Inquisitor duty and hippocratic oath compelled her to intervene. First strike was crucial in this sort of situation, picked out of cover pistol in the ready and began firing at the bandits striking one in the arm. Well, she was never a good shot.

Meredith watched from behind the bandits. She stalked foreward. None of them really looked at her, she was thought to be an ally. She slashed her sword diagonally across the closest man's back, and the other man turned around, firing his gun at her. She dropped to the ground. The uninjured man kept shooting, hitting her in the shoulder, once, twice. She yelled, fighting her way to her feet and beginning to run toward where she thought she'd seen a person. It was a good thing her former allies didn't have aim worth a damn. She stumbled, next to a wall, and slipped behind it. She looked at the man beside her.

"Hello." Her voice wasn't pained, more an attempt at cheerful.

Sadow looked over at the girl now beside him. Wounded, but able to speak. He raised a brow at her before instinctively aiming his rifle at her "Who the- What the- Why are you here?! Who are you?!" He seemed to be at a loss for words. She seemed to have been a part of their little pack but was now wounded and siding with him? Life was so confusing at times. All he knew was that if this girl even hinted at ill-intent, he'd have her dropped faster than a heartbeat.

One of the bandits was gravely injured while the other was shot in the arm after attempting to finish off the girl. His gun arm disabled and no way of saving his friend, he turned-tail to get out of Dodge. He ran as fast as his tired legs could carry him, panting as his bleeding-out comrade screamed for help and cursed him.

Hellen was bemused at the scene that unfolded. She heard about no honor amongst thieves but this certainly took the cake, coming out of nowhere. However wasn't gonna complain though, anything that cuts a gunfight with her in it short and she was still alive, that was a-okay in her book. Hellen moved out of cover and slowly and carefully moved towards the two surviving people.

Meredith winced, looking at the man.

"I'm Meredith... Meredith Caine." She slowly slid her sword out of its holster, easing it to the ground. "I don't like the theives. I would appreciate it if you didn't shoot me, though." She looked at the man, eyes wary, her body sagging. She could feel a shot of pain, like the bullets were again entering her body, every time she breathed. "...I really would... May I pick up my sword? I figured you wouldn't want me to have it..."

Sadow kicked the sword away from her to deter her from stabbing him in the back as he turned to aim his rifle at the other woman coming to their direction "Alright, and who are you?" When he was younger Sadow might've been more pissed about having been saved by two females but after time in the Inquisition he's learned to appreciate the strength of the opposite gender. But they were as treacherous as men when they wanted to be as well.

She stopped mid walk and slowly holstered her pistol as a sigh of her intentions. It is a delicate matter meeting new people these days, paranoia is high and justified as these days bring the worst of people even from the best ones. The wrong move or the wrong name to drop and suddenly you have a new hole in your body. Key thing is to have something they want and the only way they can get it it its voluntarily.

"Medic."She said simply moving a satchel she had on her shoulder to view. The satchel had a large marking of a red cross in its center and the mark of the inquisition on one of the corners."Thought you or your new girlfriend might need some aid."

Meredith looked over to the new woman.

"I am not his girlfriend, thank you." She snapped, glaring at the woman. Looking from her to the man, she shifted, foot-to-foot. "And besides, you look closer to his age than I do."

Sadow exchanged glances between the two women. Lucky him, he guessed. He gestured to her with his gun "Well then, healer... heal." As he sat against the wall, he couldn't help but ponder on the Inquisition's brand on the satchel. "Fuck me..." he thought to himself. Just what he needed: An Inquisitor hunting him down. He resigned, paper-work and all. Not like he owed that lot any favours.

"Healer heal? That is how you show graduate for my help?"She said acting offended as approached the two, he stopped for a moment studying the man. There was something about him she recognise but couldn't place. She put aside the thought for now as it didn't matter. She moved next to the girl, making it clear she intentionally chose to start with her just to see the reaction to the man. "Can i look at the arm?" She asked reaching out into her satchel and taking some tweezers and a couple of unmarked bottles.

Meredith nodded, turning so that the medic could access her arm. Blood was already soaking through her right arm's sleeve. She winced as she moved, looking at the woman, she gently pulled her sleeve up, using her left hand. The two bullets were very close together, and the swelling between the two mingled. She grimaced at the sight.

"...Thank you." She muttered, looking up at the woman.

"Well, i see the problem, diagnosis one too many bullets in your arm."She said jokingly but face remained serious as she examined her arm. She moved the tweezers near the wound before she explained."Don't thank me yet, i have to remove the bullets and i don't have anesthetic. Not to mention the disenfected i am going to use afterwards will sting like hell."

Sadow watched as she went to work, commenting "You're Inquisition." This was meant more as a question than a real statement, that assessment was obvious. He was attempting to see if she was here for any particular reason. She didn't seem to be interested in him yet.

Meredith, stiff, looked at the woman.

"Better to get it out of there." She said quietly. Forcing herself to relax, she sighed. "Anesthetic's rare and unneccecary..."

"What gave me away the symbol on my backpack? Sorry i need to focus on this." She said sarcastically focusing on the wound rather then the guy talking. She took one of the bottles and placed some of the content s into a cloth she took from the satchel. She wiped the blood of the wound before looking up at the girl giving her a smile."If your could still fight after taking these babies in your arm then you should be fine. I have seem grown man crying over wounds like this...Here goes.."

She inserted the tweezers. (skip the precedure or carry it on. Up to you.)

"Good god!" Meredith bit it back. It sounded like a statement, not a yell. "Thank you." She said through gritted teeth as the bullets were removed. Biting the edge of her lip, she blinked back a few tears when the woman wiped the wound. "That does sting..." She said, quietly.

Sadow watched on as the procedure underwent, impressed with the medic's skill. "Quick and clean. Where did you learn to do all that?" He could only venture a guess that she was in the military at one point. Or a military.

"Eight years of medical school and 2 years er and a war as a reserve medic. You guys are in good hands. "She said confidently as dressed the girls wounds and bandaging it up. A little bragging was a good thing when talking to patients builds confidence and trust."Ok miss insert name here, i am done here just avoid taking more bullets in the future and apart from some soreness you should be fine."

Meredith nodded.

"I'm Meredith Caine. It's a pleasure." She held out her left hand to the woman - she would've used her right, usually, but she didn't want to mess with it yet.

"Helena Markou and you have a strange concept of pleasure considering i performed surgery on you."She said jokingly accepting the handshake and giving a wink. She shifted some of the focus to the other guy."And you, what can do for you?"

Sadow shook his head, regaining his composure from the fight and standing up "I am fine." He tentatively held out a hand to shake hers "Call me Sadow, if you want." He was naturally mistrustful of others, no matter what their profession seemed to be. For all he knew these two were just more clever bandits.

"A pleasure."She said accepting the hand shake before turning to medical supplies butting them back in her satchel."I do have an ulterior motive for helping you people...The inquisition is setting up a settlement in the south outskirts of the city and are looking for survivors to live and help build it. I figure it would be something you guys would be interested in."

Meredith bit her lip. A settlement?

"Well... I suppose I could try it out..." She said reluctantly. "A settlement..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back