• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark World (rp)

The bar was much more noisy now. When Sera had arrived, she only noted a few individuals. However, now more and more people that she didn't know began to fill up the building. If there was one thing she learned, it's that the more people there are, the more quickly things get out of hand.

Receiving a response from Jackson, Sera was disappointed that she'd have to stick around longer to talk to other people; preferably compared to the prospect of asking for directions outside to shady characters.

Then, Jackson, with increased tension in his voice, proposed a partnership. Sera widened her eyes, surprised that he himself would ask such a thing. Whether he did so because he's sensible or not, Sera may have misjudged his character. She could see why he would ask though, following his gaze she noticed more guys sitting at the edges. Another person exchanged shoves with someone as well. That was not a good sign.

Looking back to Jackson, she nodded. "I agree, traveling alone is not... the safest of plans." Sera held out her hand to him. "Especially right now."

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Scarlett O'Hare

Scarlett stood behind the group as the men chattered and laughed about what was going to go down. She knew her mission and she knew she couldn't fail. Gripping her weapon tighter, the small girl looked about to see someone moving in the shadows ahead of them.

As the group approached the bar the two thugs that had been in charge kicked open the door and the others waltzed inside. Scarlett stopped at the stairs before slowly making her way to the doors and leaning against the entrance. If someone tried to run, she'd throw them through the back wall behind the counter.

Yahn seemed to be the most excited as he approached the pair with the expensive bottle of alcohol sitting there. "Well, if it aint Vira." He chuckled as he put his hand down on the table. "Heard you took something from one of our boys." The large abnorm smirked as he looked to her. Scarlett had fought him before. The ability to absorb and neutralize physical impacts, so long as it hit his torso or arms. It wasn't something incredibly impressive, but it was enough to be annoying. "So this can go down one of two ways Vira. You can either give back the money or you can earn it another way." Yahn winked at her, continuing to ignore the red headed mail sitting across from her.

Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryuji looked at the girl as she blared out at his request. It was rather interesting to see her lower her guard, even just that much. "Despite what you say, fangs are reserved for beasts and savages. And no woman is such." He spok coyly as he stretched out and listened to the bartender. "As long as it's fairly strong and doesn't taste like dishwater, it'll do for now. I guess the WG keeps all the good stuff though." Ryuji sighed as he mentioned the annoyance that was his mission here, disrupt the WG as much as possible. Unfortunately, finding anyone within that group was difficult without going to the capital.

Just as he was about to comment back about keeping the water flowing, Ruji saw two more young individuals enter into the bar. "Only a matter of time." Slipping his left arm back under his robe, Ryuji looked to the woman across from him. "You any good in a brawl love?" He smirked as suddenly a large group of men, followed by a VERY small girl entered the bar. But if she was blocking the exit it meant that she had power.

Ryuji listened to the man with disgust and stood up. "Sir, I don't care who you are or how you know her. But no man speaks to a lady like that." He glared as he flung the needles towards some pressure points in the man's neck, only to watch his arm block them and nullify their impact. "Shit." He cursed as he realized what this abnorm did a little too late. The feeling of a well placed punch flinging him over behind the counter. A broken rib was definite, but Ryuji had suffered worse and was already starting to heal. "Guess it can't be helped." He muttered as he stood up, slowly placing the mask on his face, his eyes no longer showing the kindness and relaxation prior, but a murderous intent trained by the best.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe Kallo Kallo Randomfella Randomfella

Jackson shook Sera's hand and nodded, "well then let's get goin-" he paused as the door was kicked in with two thugs coming on after it. ~Shit! they're gonna break the damn bar down!~ He turned to Sera and whispered, "you want to deal with this or should we get going because we need to make the decision soon."
Syphe Syphe

photo.jpg

mentha-rapture.regular.png

A young man made his way through the winding streets of the 'city'...if one could even call this dingy place that. He appeared to fit in well enough with the shady figures lurking about in the shadows, although his contrastingly clean clothing, hair, and skin spoke of a different nativity.

He moved with the smooth, calm strides of a man confident - in both himself, and his current destination. His bandaged hands rested in the pockets of a high-collared, leather black overcoat, a white, slightly unbuttoned white shirt, black jeans, and boots completing his casual ensemble. Despite the relatively humid air, the man did not sweat - could not, even if he wanted to. Over-all, he seemed quite used to the suspicious, hungry glances of the scummy crooks aiming for yet another back to stab, or pocket to pick. That didn't make his steps any faster or slower - fear was one thing he did, in fact, possess...but it was reserved for a very small list of people. Desperate bastards were not on that list.

'Matches Bagman...he's supposed to be a smuggler in these parts...'

Ezrael paused in the middle of yet another dark, dingy alley, letting out a warm breath of air. Sharp, slightly tired eyes glanced around in the darkness of the alleyway, searching for the one sign he needed - the Mark. It was a red handprint, often slapped near the hidden entrances of the smuggler gang's hideouts. Matches Bagman was a high-ranking member of the gang...and the one man that Ezrael was looking forward to having a...chat with. Hell, if he could cut the head off of the snake...well, he'd spend his time precious time incinerating the rest of the body. If they were a simple gang of hoodlums, perhaps he wouldn't be so intent on killing 'em all.

Then again, he could never bring himself to be easy on human smugglers...

Sadly, they were a lot more underground and hidden than he'd liked. Sometimes, the hunt could be fun...but not when it took more than a few weeks to get one single lead on possible locations - locations that numbered in the dozens. Still...he wouldn't give up, and the smuggler gang - and Matches - would get what was coming to them. Maybe not right at that moment, but eventually. He could only hope that they were ready for the wrathful vengeance of an impatient and pissed off Ezrael Maverick.

Releasing yet another pent-up sigh, Ezra made his way out of the alley, closing his mismatched eyes as a husky yawn broke out of his mouth. The sudden sound made countless beady and suspicious eyes turn in his direction, but the Guild Leader ignored 'em all in favor of running a calloused hand through tousled, shaggy locks of silky black hair. When was the last time he had a nice, actual night of rest? Between hunting down Matches, and exploring the odds and ends of this dank little settlement, he hadn't had much time for anything else the past month. He'd need to remedy that, and soon...but not now. Now, he needed a small distraction - something to take his mind off of the gang. Perhaps it would open up different trains of thought that he hadn't-

He suddenly felt his feet bump into a vaguely human-feeling lump, and Ezra instinctively took a step back, a fiery crimson eye opening a crack. "...Oi, my b-" He trailed off, an equally fiery blue eye opening as a small, flitting sense of surprise lanced through his chest. The guy he had bumped into was, in fact, a small, malnourished looking male with white hair and a vaguely sickly appearance. He almost looked...dead. Immediately Ezra felt a pang in his heart, one that he couldn't simply ignore. Damn it, screw his conscience.

"Hey, you still alive?" Ezra rose a sharp black eyebrow, his low, masculine voice holding a very real edge of concern. He gave the boy - or man - a nudge with the tip of his steel-toed boots, careful not to jostle him too much. The people around them continued to walk like this was the norm - although, considering how shitty this city was, Ezrael didn't really doubt it. Fucking vultures.

BlackJack BlackJack

Last edited:

Ashelynn Graves
F | 17
Type 2 | Rank D

Home
( Exanis Exanis )
Adelphos

(Rushed post, because why not!)

It's actually kind of funny that Ashe was used to such a sudden presence. In the past, she was known for being a little jumpy. But then again, that's everyone in this day and age. Over the past couple of years, living with blindness, she just kind of got used to others randomly grabbing her out of the blue. And that does include this strange character, that so readily imposed his presence. Was he trying to startle her perhaps? Or was it some other random sign of affection between two individuals? It's sad, but the only thing she actually even reacted to was his question. And even then, her response may have been a little underwhelming to his hopes, as little more then a hum escaped her lips inquisitively. There was even a light tilt to her head as she attempted to question whether or not the man was attempting to jest. After all, she didn't even know what the title of the book she held was.

"Ryder found it", there was a generic go-to answer. After all, all of the books were something Ryder happened to pick up during his outings. Nevertheless, Ashe would raise the book up towards his voice for further clarification. Whenever enough time passed she proceeded in breaking free of his grasp, quickly pushing past him to enter a further room. It's not as though she was annoyed or anything, far from it actually. She simply looked forward to these little sessions, so it felt like a waste to idle around. Whenever she actually managed to make it into the room, she carefully placed the book on an empty chair within the corner. And then, she would slowly proceed to her own position before a window. Sadly though, this was one of those ill-seated windows, one of those that jam more often than not, simply because the house's foundation sank a little at some point in time.

ZEPHYR XENOS
2a7908494166d591511a24e1ab3162e5.jpg

Zephyr was off in some other world, staring down at his old beat up black boots. He was not really thinking of much, just out of it, as if his mind was just off in a black void. Some thoughts came from time to time, but they all faded and he was left. Everything around him turned to black, all the noises and people walking by all dissipated and nothing was left but a void. An empty thoughtless void. Zephyr did not mind dazing out, it meant he could get away from this hell for a few moments. But eventually something would always bring him back, even if it had to bring him back kicking and screaming. He wanted to just be somewhere normal, a place where he could feel okay. But what even was normal now, and how could he ever obtain such a thing when everything was so black to him. His eyes grew cloudier, trying to remember something, anything. All it led to was more pain, a headache that felt like a bullet to the head. Something was preventing him from remembering anything. He hated every second of it. Eventually after focusing on remembering for a while and forgetting the world even existed something brought him back. Someone brought him back.

Zephyr did not feel the original hit, the first time the guy had bumped into him just went unnoticed but eventually Zephyr blinked a couple of times and was back to the real world slightly. Then a tap again made Zephyr jump a bit as he gripped the wall, he heard someone but their words were barely getting past all the pain. Which subsided not to long after he jumped. Zephyr flung his head around freaking out before stopping for a moment and looking up at the guy "
Do you know where I can get supplies?" he asks going right back to what he was doing before. Asking random friendly looking people where to find supplies. He acted as if nothing was wrong, that or he did not realize what was going on still. He looked almost blind as he looked up at the guy. It was clear that he was not a kid though, just a really short guy who was taking a bit of respite from the shambling town.

Zephyr stopped looking at the guy and hoisted himself up grabbing at his side as he did. He wobbled a bit but stood his ground. He frantically looked back and forth again before looking back at the guy "
Do you know where I can get supplies? I don't remember this place." Zephyr says his voice getting more and more automated as he spoke, he sounded crazy. He repeated the same thing but looked at the guy as if this was the first time he had asked. He shook his arms up and down staring back down at the ground "I can't remember the city I just came from either" he says swaying side to side a bit before looking at his hands and shaking "What was I doing again?" he says, his voice turning from blank and almost robotic to one with more life and color. I guess he was back completely now. He turned to look at the guy and jumped back a bit "Oh, hello. Did you need something?" he asks in a very nonchalant tone. For once he seemed a bit calm. But it only lasted a few moments, soon enough his breathing quickened as he realized the man in front of him could be a threat.

(( Innue Innue ))

Sera had been keeping watch on the newcomers out of the corner of her eye, careful not to make direct eye contact. A particular man waltzed right up to the table where the other woman had company. He wasn't subtle with his words, as Sera was able to pick up a decent portion of what he said. Did that have to do with the yelling she heard earlier?

Jackson left the decision to Sera: whether they should stick around or bail. Judging by how the red-haired man was sent flying back into the bar, it was far too late now.

Sera threw her bag over the counter and angled it to slide beneath it so it stayed out of sight. "Jackson, I hope you're ready for a fight, because there is no way they'll let us walk out just like that... especially with how the entrance is blocked by that little girl that's armed." The little girl was not large, she didn't even look like an adult! What was she doing here? Sera knew that now was not the time to be questioning it. She was a potential enemy.

"I think our best bet would be to try to team up with the woman and the red-haired man... you probably don't want to do that, but I don't think we have much choice if we want to make it out of here in one piece."

Vira (Escaflowne)

Vira sneered at him, revealing her teeth like the fangs she spoke of. "You're wrong, dead wrong, women can be the worst beasts." Her dark tone conveyed 'don't question this'. "That was something Sy... " Always told me. She shook her head, recalling some unpleasant memories. Shit she wasn't too thrilled to think about; naturally, this meant she'd lash out at the man in front of her. It wasn't so much his fault, but did she care? Hell no! "Nevamind, asshole." The bartender responded with some cordial statement, revealing his likewise sensibilities, agreeing with Ryuji, but Vira could only flash a misgiving frown from the mere mention of the WG.

She didn't get any more chance to respond to anything her 'pleasant company' had said, before a couple brutes approached her for the nth time that day. Narrowing her eyes to vicious red slits, she hissed, "Yahhhnnn." Immediately following it with a casual smirk and an even more casual shrug. "What ever are you talking about, Yahnny-boy? I didn't take anything. He simply gave me what he owed me. 'Earn back'? HA! Nonsense! Why would I earn something that that is owed me? Maybe, if you don't want your money fuckin' taken, you shouldn't be so fuckin' careless with the fuckin' idiots who seek out help. Ya?" She punctuated her harsh words with a simple shrug, palms out. A few laughs escaped her lips, "Haha~! I see where the idiots pick up their idiocy. You're the exact same!" Her eyes gleamed like an animal. "After all. It appears like you think you threaten me in any way, and.. god bless your fuckin' stupidity. -You seem to believe that I would do anything for you. Smarten up, Yahn. You're a glorified janitor; the bottom of the food chain. A sniveling, stinkin' rat, whose life is both meaningless and humorous. Funny, because you believe you're better than you really are. When the slave girl at the doorway has a more important job than you." Vira's eyes flashed towards her, taking her in for just a moment. Sizing her up. There was something about her... Yep, definitely.

"Heh! Yup! You're expendable. It's why you're here before me. The 'Right Fang' of Death Himself." Well.. not so much anymore, but still.. Like mentioned, it wasn't the best thing for there to be hearsay and rumors about you, but when you were a woman like Vira... there tended to be such. There wasn't really anything she could do about it. Her reputation proceeded her. She took in a breath, abruptly standing up, facing down the group. Ryuji was promptly thrown back, not even making Vira flinch, while her rusty gaze lingered on the brutes in front of her. She cracked her neck and flexed her arms and fists.

"OH lord! C'mon Vira! This is the third time this week! Pleasee..." The bartender whined, knowing what was coming, throwing his towel, and retreating some.

"Sorry, Vince, these things just.. " she searched the proper word, "-happen!" With that, she flipped the table up, shoving it into Yahn. His abnormality could be a bit tricky, so he wasn't her first target. She attacked the man next to him. With a simple move, hit and a kick, she sent him flying, crashing through the very center of that tavern, disrupting many, and smashing straight out the window beside the girl at the entrance.

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kallo Kallo
and @whoever else is there/around :P

He watched as the men broke the door open. Letting out a slight sigh as he watched the two walk in. Followed by the remaining group he had seen...And once again the same little girl who he saw following the group. Which he shrugs to himself as he watched them walk through the tavern for a moment. His eyes landing on Vira just before the man stopped next to her. As he watched the scene.

Jolting to a normal standing he growls as he watched the man with her get flung behind the bar. Starting to walk over before realizing it was worth it as he noticed that Vira seemed to have it handled when she flip the table up. Though he starts walking to the door, watching the girl standing next to it as well as her weapon as he raises a slight eyebrow. "Excuse me miss...I have no trouble with you...So let me pass if you would." As he spoke with no fear or hesitation. Trying to slip pass her with the distance there is between the door frame and her small body.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

"Agreed, although we should act fast." Jackson began. Unfortunately he was not fast enough as Jackson caught snippets of conversation between the woman, Vira, and the aggressor Yahn. Surprisingly, however, Vira acted first throwing the table at Yahn and kicking the man's second into the center of the room and through the window. "Break time's over, let's move!" Jackson was not about to grapple with Yahn as his abnorm, from the looks of things, would outclass his immediately so he set to work cleaning up the underlings. Stage 2 would be too much for the underlings so he stayed with stage 1 for them. A thought crossed his mind as he moved, ~if Yahn can absorb physical impacts, how much could he absorb, there had to be a limit to his abnormal.~ Jackson moved fast and clenched his fist swinging it like a hammer at the nearest goon's head. With a loud *THUD* it collided and the thug was on his back. He then swung at another in the gut causing him to also fall over. Cracking his knuckles at the group Jackson spoke, "I really hate idiots who bring their stupid vendetta into an establishment like this."
Syphe Syphe Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Kiroshiven Kiroshiven @ Bar

Scarlett O'Hare

Scarlett had watched the entire exploit go down. Yahn was an idiot if he thought that approach would work and Scarlett merely sighed. She was a tad surprised by the two quick reactions of those dealing with him. The male had thrown long silver needles at the goliath and although it didn't work he seemed unfazed by the blow he received. The girl though, went straight for the back up. She was at least new enough about Yahn to ignore him for the time being. Watching the others beginning to get swept up into the brawl, Scarlett watched as a man approached the door. She eyes glaring up at him as he tried to pass. What was this? He was treating her like she had a choice...did she have one? Scarlett looked confused before shaking her head and grabbing the man's shirt easily picking him up off the ground. "Why?" Scarlett managed to speak at last. There was no shock, no attack on her, just nothing. Scarlett felt panic sinking in. If there was no orders, no punishment, how was she to know what to do? I don't care about our men, bring me my money. The words rang in her head as Scarlett glared at the man, but set him down. Based off the situation only the man with the fox mask and the girl were their targets. Nobody else mattered. "Go." She "gently" tossed the male outside, focusing more on the pair that were fighting before starting to push everything and one out of her way as she headed towards the barkeep. A hostage would be necessary to continue.

Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryuji was pissed. Well, not entirely, but he'd gotten serious. The moment Ryuji put his mask on, he was an assassin and there were ten people that needed to be killed, first and foremost was Yahn. Pushing himself off the counter, he dove straight for the male's legs. If his power let him absorb physical force everywhere, he wouldn't have blocked. That meant there had to be parts of him that could still be injured. Sliding between the bastard's legs, Ryuji began jabbing at each pressure point he knew of and watched as his legs buckled under the lack of control. "Big man, falls hard." He smirked before dashing at the thugs from earlier. The one he'd paralyzed looked frightened and as soon as Ryuji got close the man cowered, but there was no mercy for ones like him. "Die." He muttered as he pushed himself and got around to the backside of the man before striking his neck with his elbow. The sound of breaking bones filling his ears before the thump of a man falling to the ground. The legend of the Blood Born Fox would live in New-America. The painfully familiar feeling of being stabbed filled Ryuji's side. Turning to the one that had run earlier Ryuji snarled, pushing the male towards the man in heavy garb, the knife popping out of his side. Blood trickled down his ribs, but the would was shut. However, the feeling of his ribs popping back into their intended locations sent a cringe worthy sensation through Ryuji. "Damnit." He cursed as he sprung back, creating some distance between him and the gang. Their numbers weren't enough to handle this group in a small space. His eyes immediately noticed the small girl pushing her way through the crowd, easily moving people twice her size without reservation. "That's a problem." He muttered to himself as he dodged another swing coming at him.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Kallo Kallo Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe

"Right!"

Seeing Jackson already on feet and landing a powerful blow on a nearby thug, Sera sprung into action, looking for the best place to be to help. She preferred to not engage in direct combat -- she used to serve as a combat medic, but that was more medic than combat.

Vaulting over the bar counter, Sera quickly helped the bartender underneath, to make sure he didn't get injured in a fight he didn't start.

Now for the scene before her, chaos was stirring. This "right-hand" woman had already initiated the attack, tossing a table at the unfortunate man. She seemed to be able to handle herself ok, so she didn't bother to worry about her.

A mean-looking thug was looking at her, an ugly smirk plastered on his face. No doubt he was looking to take advantage of the situation to take Sera away. There was an empty bottle nearby on the counter. Taking that, she leaped back over the counter, using the momentum to bring down the glass on his skull. The shards flew everywhere, but the thug shook his head and kept his advance.

In the next moment, he lunged at her, hands outstretched. Without a moment to lose, Sera grabbed the chair to her left and faced the legs at the attacker. With an audible thud, he stopped in his tracks, stepped back some, then fell to the ground out-cold. She gave a quick apology, before running to go see if Jackson needed help.

Last edited:
Snow
upload_2017-7-3_19-44-16.png

Silent as a lamb, Snow walked through the rubble of the city, now settlement in a dusty pink shirt and some shorts. Her blonde hair was ratted and dirty. Her soft features contrasted with the sharp boniness of her stature form malnutrition. Traveling from place to place had become a new norm for Snow. This place looked calm... peaceful. "Not so ba-" Her words were cut off by a crashing.

She blinked once when she stopped, a man tossed out of a window in front of her. Her eyes glowed bright red and her skin started to bleed as thorns grew around her legs and arms. She was bare foot and the soles were calloused and bleeding as well. Her abnormalities always came threw when she was startled or threatened. "Well... what a welcome present." She whispered softly, biting her lip nervously as she took a step back. "Sorry for your troubles sir, um... I'll just... should I call for help?"

She did not know if he was foe or... well friend wasn't an option for Snow anymore. "Never mind. Not like I can help." She laughed nervously, breathing in slowly to try and calm her singing blood as it screamed that great power was near her. It always alerted her of great power, trying to get her to wrap her fragile frame in an army of protection. But it wouldn't be true protection Snow knew... it was just a cage that she created.
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

He simply raises an eyebrow as he was lifted with apparent ease. Growling slightly as he heard the familiar question of a kid with little to no respect it appeared. Though upon being thrown he lands heavily. Growling as he slowly stands. Making his way back into the bar as he watched the girl walking through the crowd. As he simply holds out a hand for a moment. Before tugging it back as the girl flings towards the door, which was followed by him moving out of the way as he watches her land outside the building. Walking down the steps as he watches her. "So...I see you can literally throw people like a ragdoll...And something tells me your planning to throw a few...Seemingly nice people around...Can't have that now can we? I mean honestly...You could easily hurt someone without meaning it"

He lets out a smile then as he waits a moment while watching her reaction. Having figured out the fact she was fairly strong compared to many body builders indeed. So he knew one thing already about not being safe to take a hit at all, though he would be fine should he dodge easily. Yet...Something as small as her...Still a major threat even with trying to dodge.

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Jackson was about to engage the gang head on, but another gang member was thrown his way by the man who sat with Vira. Seeing the opportunity to remove another enemy, he threw a punch at the man that was thrown at him knocking the gang member clean out. Jackson then faked having his hand hurt by shaking it before clenching it. For all they knew he was just a human who was brawling, and was quite good at it; they didn't know that fists/kicks/and headbutts were a part of his yet to be revealed abnorm. He was not going to go into stage 2 unless it was absolutely necessary.
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Kore Dair
The rivers current had been stronger than usual, so it had taken her less time than expected to make it to the S shape in the river where a particularly wise and large willow grew. Kore paddled under her thick curtains of leaves, and was immediately obscured from the outside world, in the shadowy oasis under the wise willow.
There was no current here, and Kore drifted in her canoe up to the shore, a wispy branched instinctively reaching out and wrapping securely around the helm of her canoe as Kore gracefully stepped out, murmuring incoherently to the weeping willow as she patted the tree's trunk, and exited the shadowy oasis from the other side, plunging into the thick forest ahead.
She was becoming nervous, it wasn't much further to the town, after all, only a few miles to go through the dark woods. For her, it was an effortless task to navigate though the unruly foliage and undergrowth, as brambles, nettles, thorny bushes and all manner of plant-life immediately moved to allow her passage. Any normal person would have to hack away at the dense thicket to get anywhere, but Kore moved in a halo of clear space as the plants around her rustled in movement.
Occasionally, she would stop to pick a berry, or heal a broken branch with her energy, maybe even share a little of her energy with a sickly or weak looking plant, and of course to pause and rest in a lone meadow for 10 minutes, flowers bursting into bloom all around her as if they were happy to see her, and greeted an old friend - but other than that her pace was steady and quick.

She halted all external use of her powers once she was about 1/4 of a mile from the town, it wasn't needed anymore anyway, as the foliage was much more forgiving and peaceful than the aggressive mish-mash earlier. Stopping for a minute, she put on her coat which was previously knotted around her waist, and pulled over the large hood. The hood almost completely obscured her face, and certainly hid her silver-grey hair, which labelled her as different. Her eyes were also unusual, with their mix of many shades of green - but that couldn't be helped, as she found that making non-threatening eye contact was very important in interactions. After making these adjustments, and zipping up the baggy and long garment - hiding and protecting all that was underneath - she continued on her way.

She emerged from the forest in the perfect place, closest to the granary which was right on the outskirts of the town, and walked through a few field and hopped some fences before joining the dirt road for a minute before entering a run down looking building with a knock, and pulling her hood back as far as she could without showing her hair.
"Hello?", she raised her voice, a little hesitantly, asking questioningly, and nicely. She was greeted by a door down the hallway opening, and a large, pudgy male coming to greet her. "What can I do for you, Miss?", he smiled at her from the doorway, seemingly glad that she looked a nice person. "I was wondering if I could buy a bag of grains?", she smiled softly at him, also glad the interaction was going well. "Ah, I'm afraid all the grains were sold a couple hours back, you'll have to go to market or the warehouse to get some.", satisfied with his answer, he muttered, "Have a good day now.", before going back through the door and shutting it with a thunk that meant 'Get lost.'.
Perhaps not the nicest man, then... She thought as she made her quick exit, and took a few strides from the building before stopping. She certainly did not want to go to the market, or warehouse, but she sorely needed those grains. The market was near the centre of town - as one would expect - but the warehouse was more on the outskirts than in the centre, however it was almost on the opposite side of town to her, and she would need to cut through the dingy town to get to it. But she wouldn't have to go through the bustle and crowds of the market to get her grains if she chose the warehouse.
Decided, she began to walk again, the dirt road ending and she joined cracked tarmac one to take her properly into town. The warehouse was an old and abandoned school, from before the war, something that this town didn't really need, or seem to want. So it became a storage building.
It wasn't long before she was properly into the town then, and she veered off the road and into the backstreets. Getting there was the easy part, as Kore could jump a fence here, weave through an alleyway there, this to her was much harder than navigating through nature, but there was a dandelion poking though the concrete here and there to whisper guidance to her, as she had been this way a few times before. But going back, she would be weighed down with the heavy bag - or bags, depending on how much she could carry - and would need to take the more direct route back.

Soon enough, she exited the warren of houses and backstreets, and was upon the warehouse. There were a few people here and there, but none payed her any attention as she walked though the open doorway, the shattered glass doors of the building useless. Walking up to the desk - reception, she smiled at the very bored and average looking woman sat there. "How much grain do you have in?", she asked politely, and received a curt "How much ya want?" in reply.
"Umm... 30 kilograms?", she asked hesitantly. It was within what she could lift, just, and would hopefully only be 2 bags.
"... Payment?", she woman looked up at her expectantly and impatiently, to which Kore fumbled in her pocket and puled out a small bag, reaching in a hand and procuring a few small nuggets of gold. At least I'm was able to find this, and don't have to steal money from people to buy things... The woman sighed, held out her hand, and promptly stood, taking the gold and going through the door behind her, a young boy running out a second later and going deeper into the establishment.
A minute later, the woman returned to her seat, not even acknowledging Kore, stood to the side. And a few minutes after that, a male appeared, carrying a large sack. Kore's eye twitched, a bit worried that it was only one bag, but at least it was long-ish and flexible...
The woman pointed to Kore wordlessly, and the male deposited the sack at her feet. "Thanks.", she smiled, as he grunted and turned away, leaving her to do as she pleased.
Heaving up the sack, Kore positioned it onto her shoulders with a grunt of effort, the bag was in an awkward U shape around her neck, but she could manage.
She walked from the warehouse, and begrudgingly joined the road, her walk slow as her load was weighing her down. It wasn't exactly easy to move her head or shoulders, and her arms were both holding the sausage shaped bag in place, and this lack of mobility made her anxiety and paranoia flare up, badly. She kept going, looking at the ground, until she could tolerate the lack of vision no more, and she went to the side of a building, and hoisted the bag carefully onto the floor with a huff, and sat on it, examining her surroundings for a minute.
She wasn't doing very well on the luck side of things today, she realised as she looked almost directly over at a very rowdy pub... It was somewhat off to the side of it on the opposite side of the road, but close enough to be able to both hear and see what was going on.
Bad idea to stop, bad idea bad idea bad idea! She though frantically, as she jumped up, only to notice a boy on the floor, and a man standing over him that were quite close to her, but she did her best to ignore them. None of this was her business, and if she wasn't careful, thing would get messy for her, and she wold be forced to move on from her lovely home.
In her panic, she didn't realise her hood had fallen down, her whole head now plainly visible, white hair, green eyes, scar and all. At least most normal people had vacated the area pretty quickly once the fight had broken out, and she intended to go the same.
Her eyes wide with terror, and a mild adrenaline kick coursing though her veins, she picked up the sack easier than she had before, and began to walk away as quickly as she could.

Jess watched from the corner of her eye as the patrons continued to go on, the two heavy drinkers seemed to be just as heavy on the noise. Before long they seemed to attract the attention of a what she assumed was a local gang, not that it was any of Jessica's business. Turning back to her meal, taking small nibbles of the tough bread at a time, she listened in to the altercation. Before long, and without surprise, a brawl ensued, seemingly all but herself getting involved, even a child standing by the door.

"Hmph." She slightly sighed under her hood, a breath of condensed air escaping her lungs in a soft form of visible steam. Glancing over at the scene, her head tilting a couple of inches as a mug was mistakenly launched straight toward her, the ceramic smashing into several bits where her head previously rested.

She wasn't about to intervene, none of these fools seemed to be innocent by-standards, beside perhaps the barkeep, but even that was questionable. Regardless, this was getting too much, soon enough they'll be throwing more than just mugs, and as it usually was with abnorms, it could put her in danger too. Without making any obvious movements, Jess pulled her claw-like icy hand from her pocket, pointing it to the ground from the cover of the table. A small, almost invisible slick of frost developing from her finger. Covering the floor it gave it far less traction, maybe if a few of the brazen fighters fell to the ground this would be over sooner.

@Bar

Last edited:
Vira (Escaflowne)

Naturally, as soon as Vira threw a table and kicked someone out the window the place went to hell. It made sense. Bars in the new-world were just a timebomb waiting to happen. They just needed some asshole Abnorms to demand unreasonable nonsense. Then some bitch to throw the first punch. It would naturally develop from there. Vira was that bitch; for she was well-versed in 'bar fight language'.

Her rusty eyes surveyed the surroundings after her initial attack. Some girl seemed to run to Vince's side. Huh, that was nice of her. The bartender had a protector -good! Vira wouldn't have to be that person. Though her eyes caught sight of the strange small girl making her way over to him, only to be stopped by someone else. Hm... Maybe Vira would need to intervene, she didn't want to see anything bad befall Vince. He was a good man. Eh... a good-ish man. The best she knew! And that was good enough.

The bar fight had escalated very quickly, with some of the random patrons joining in for no apparent reason. They were drunk, so it made sense -enough sense. The various gang members that had come to strong-arm Vira into giving up her money were locked in combat with them. Not to mention some random people were joining in, tossing thugs around. A smirk cross her lips, that she could join in! She nodded to Ryuji, seeing as how he managed to bring down Yahn. "Nice! I may have got the wrong impression from you!" That was a compliment. Vira then darted over to a few and hit them upside the head. She spun and smashed a mug into another, before feeling something flash in the back of her mind.

She felt the floor would become dangerous very quickly! Ice. For some reason would coat it, making it treacherously slippery. Vira placed her hands on a table, before flipping off it and kicking another thug dead-center of his chest with her two feet. A knife swiped at her, but she deftly avoided to the side. With a smirk, she 'gently' nudged him. He grunted stepping back. The ice beneath his feet was a surprise and with a yelp he slid, slamming hard into a table, flipping over it, bringing some alcohol-filled mugs to the ground with him, shattering the glass and splashing the brown liquid everywhere. Meanwhile, Vira leaped up onto a table that wasn't disturbed yet, balancing up on it, looking around to see where she could strike next.

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kallo Kallo Randomfella Randomfella
and @whoever else is there/around :P

No more than a few seconds after the goon had flown through the window a man in a long coat wearing an old military cap rounded the corner of the bar. He was guiding a kid with one calloused hand on the kids shoulder while his other was holding a child sized back pack with an old world super hero on it. The man pulled the kid to a stop a few steps away from the prone goon, who was currently groaning in pain, and looked up to study the obviously in pain individual. Patrick Oglethorpe clicked his tongue at the groaning goon and looked at the window he apparently flew through then at the kid, "Listen up kid" he said "sometimes if your trying to avoid danger the best place to do it is right in the middle of the storm". That being said it was always prudent to be prepared for the rain, so with a tell tale twitch in his right eye, Patrick booted up his computer and the world seemed to slow down around him as his neurons began to fire at twice the speed.

Analyzing environmental parameters...

Patrick scanned the street noting the bleeding girl, the state of the goon, and anything else that was moving on the street.

Parameters set...two potential targets...beginning threat assessment...

Target designation 1:...

Male, early to mid twenties, clothes well worn but with a bad fit, suggests ether poverty or possible criminal ties, numerous tattoos some of witch confirm gang allegiance appears to have been injured by a blow to the jaw and lower solar plexus...

Threat level Minimal...

Target designation 2:...

Female, late teens to early twenties, bleeding from several wounds seemingly caused by thorn like growths coming from her arms and legs and exposure, abnormal properties confirmed, obvious state of malnutrition, nervous and confused expression suggests meek personality....

Threat level Probable...

Providing known countermeasures...

Nonviolent countermeasure suggested...

Ending threat assessment...

The world sped up again as his computer wound down slightly, just enough so he wouldn't burn out his nervous system while walking. He guided Keiji around the man on the ground and toward the door of the bar, he stopped next to the bleeding girl and slowly put down the kids pack before pulling a roll of gauze bandages from his own and setting it down in front of the girl. "Your gonna want to rap that up" he said quietly. Then without waiting for a response he shouldered his pack, picked up the kids and pulled Keiji into the bar behind him.

He squeezed past the guy at the door and guided the kid over to a corner table, that was miraculously still in one piece, all the while casually dodging a flying bottle and knocking out a goon that got a little to close to the kid. Plopping the kid in a chair and then sliding that chair so that he and the rest of the room were separated by a hundred and eighty pounds of real angry ex solider, Patrick settled back to watch the brawl ensue. He let out a sigh of something like content as a bar stool flew across the room to break on the wall a couple of feet away, Reminds me of the NCO lounge back on Camp Lagoune.

Snow
upload_2017-7-4_1-26-8.png
Her eyes went to the loud imposing man and she froze, backing up a few steps all while nodding. That came easy to her. Silence. Fingers that shook, her own, reached for the bandages as the thorns slowly began to
receded back into her skin. They were there to make her bleed easily, her powers only available through blood after all, but they still hurt, worse when the went back in. Sometimes when she slept and she was extra thin... she felt as if they were rubbing and scrapping her bones. The man who had given her bandages went inside with the child. Why would he bring a child in there? That couldn't be safe. She thought of her own childhood.

Of the barn where the WG officer had taken her. Where everyone had been waiting... no. She would not dwell on old memories. So what if the kid was in trouble? So what if the man who was kind enough to care about a bleeding girl would take a boy into a hostile environment? Not her problem. That still didn't move her from her spot just outside the broken window. She saw ice. Blood. The crunching of bones.

"Move." She whispered under her breath, trembling as her rose pink eyes took it in, the tips of her hair turning white as she grew agitated again. Her rose gaze never left the boy and man as they sat at a table. I'm just going to make sure the boy is okay. That is it. Then I am leaving. I'm leaving. Snow paused again, taking a step forward toward the chaos. The bandages tightly held in her small shaking fingers. "Move Snow... move away."

Her eyes went back to the man who was still on the ground. What a mess... maybe she could move him out of the way? Let him have a chance to heal? He was still out... She still didn't really know what side was what...
Breathing out, her gaze toughened, her bottom lip between her teeth as she put on airs of confidence in her new goal. Move the wounded man. Leaning down, she got him by the shoulders, grunting under his dead weight. She was not at all physically capable. Looking inside the bar she knew she had to hurry before anyone saw her helping anyone. That would put her on a side. She did not want to be on a side.

Dropping his front she went for his legs, putting them over her shoulders so she could use her whole body not just her twizzle stick arms. Slow still, but at least she was moving him. "Come on mystery man. If you're an Abnorm then you should heal... and you will just wake up in an alley. Better then a grave right? Come on. I can't believe I'm doing this. I cannot believe I'm doing this. Why am I doing this?! I'm so stupid for doing this-" And so forth she went as she began her task.
Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Anyone Anyone else nearby idk haha

Keiji walked alongside Patrick as the navigated the streets. In his hands he held a small folder holding his drawings. He had to always be prepared. That's what Patrick always told him. Soon enough, shouting could be heard clearly as they rounded the corner and stood in front of a tavern. As his guardian assessed the situation in front of them, Keiji looked around. In a small alleyway, he spotted a girl with white hair and scars walking away from the bar. She was holding a large sack which seemed to be wearing her down. He only got a quick glance as Patrick steered them towards another girl, also with white hair. This one was bleeding at an alarming rate, and seemed scared. Wordlessly, he watched as she was given a roll of bandages by his older companion. He looked at her one last time before being ushered into the bar.

Inside, it was obviously much louder than the outside. It was also much harder to walk, seeing as there were bodies laying on the ground, splintered wood and broken glass, and the floor was coated in a thin layer of ice. Although he wobbled a lot, he would have slipped and fell if Patrick was there guiding him to a free table in the back. It was still standing, which was good, so he sat himself in a chair. Patrick then made sure the Keiji was safe from harms way and settled in to watch the fight. Keiji watched as people smashed into each other, clearly unaware of the twelve year old boy. Two of them seemed to be the center of attention, and were probably the start of the fight. He turned away as Patrick spoke. "Was it really this hectic?" He looked back to the horde of people. They were really starting to bother him. "I could just stop this now." He said as he opened up his book and started flipping through the pages.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish littleberry littleberry

@TheOthers

Adelphos Ihabni
Hunter | At a House | Ninth Ninth

Unsurprised by her response to his actions, for even if he wasn't who he is he had long gotten used to her manner and come to expect such reactions to his general attitude, he simply gained a fond little smile as he watched her walk to another room. Shaking his head, he followed behind her, humming a calm little tune as he took in the surroundings once more, simply content to observe and enjoy the company of the blind girl that had quickly grown on him for very little reason. He nearly started to wonder once again how exactly he came to be in this position, but was quickly pulled out of the potential mental pitfall when the girl put the book on a chair and made her way to a seat near the window.

Shaking his head one last time and taking a breath to regain his general flamboyant eccentricity, Adelphos picked up the book and took a seat in the chair. Looking down at the title, he read it aloud, "'Th'- Hold on a moment." Getting up, he went over to a bookshelf and, after a quick search, replaced the book with one that they hadn't read before. Sitting back down spoke up once more. "Sorry about that, seemed ya picked up a book that we already read before. Musta put it somewhere bad for ya, my bad. Anyway, enough my lollygaggin', let's get readin'!" With another grin he then began reading with a flourish, making exaggerated hand movements and fantastical changes in voices and attitude as he went through the book for no other reason than that he could.

Scarlett O'Hare

One minute she was walking towards the bar to use the keep as a bargaining chip, the next she was rolling along the ground. Digging her fingers into the dirt, she quickly stopped her momentum and looked up at the man she had tossed out of the bar. He wasn't going to take the opportunity to leave? Fool. Scarlett rolled her eyes as she looked about, finding a good chunk of scrap metal that may have been part of a steel girder before the war, picking it up like it was a pebble. "Out of way. Not your fight." She muttered as she started to walk back towards the bar. If she couldn't get the money while they were all alive, she'd just bring the building down with one good throw. Winding up Scarlett felt the massive surge of energy into her body as she put all of her strength into the toss. The cinderblock flying out of her hand like a cannonball straight towards the bar. Then she rushed the idiot who had thrown her, fist at the ready. Either he focused enough to stop the block of metal or he stopped her. Either way, she would win.

Ryuji Nakamoto

Ryuji moved in a flurry of strikes, anyone who got close lost the ability to move some limb or fell to the ground paralyzed. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the ice starting to creep along the floor. That would severely impair his movements. "Sorry flower, but I must take my leave. My stage is no longer welcoming." He chuckled as he sprung onto a table, and began jumping from one to the other until smashing through a window on his own. The shards of glass tearing into his skin as he tumbled down onto the porch "Fuck that hurts." He muttered as he took off his mask and slid it back inside his grab. It would take him time to sew his robe back together, but that wouldn't be too big a deal. The cuts in his body already scabbed over as he looked to see a girl dragging off one of the goons. "A good Samaritan huh?" Before he could speak more, Ryuji saw the little girl that had blocked the door launching a piece of metal towards the bar. Shit. "Get down!" Diving across the porch, Ryuji aimed to shield the small girl's body from the blast. If this was going to do damage, it was going to do A LOT.

littleberry littleberry Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Kallo Kallo Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe Spice Spice Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Randomfella Randomfella

Jackson was fighting through several goons before he noticed that the a little girl picked up a piece of steel and threw it at the bar. ~SHIT! I can't block that with stage 1! Time for stage 2 then!~ Jackson stopped fighting the goons and ran towards the bar with his right fist pulled back. If anyone was paying attention to his ungloved fists, they would see the veins glow crimson red as he ran to intercept the steel. "Not on my watch!" Jackson yelled as he slammed his fist with all his might upwards into the steel. A very loud *CLANG* was heard as Jackson's fist smashed into steel as it bent and rocketed upwards into the ceiling before it came crashing down into the floor. The resulting shockwave blew out a giant portion of the front of the bar as a result of the enormous shockwave from Jackson's fist and the steel. His Abnormal power was on full display to the citizens of the bar as if it was not already apparent as he cracked his knuckles. Jackson stood in a ready stance with both of fists in front of him before he spoke again. "I cannot let you endanger innocents in this bar as there has been too much damage already occurred; please stand down because I don't want to fight you."

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko littleberry littleberry Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Randomfella Randomfella Syphe Syphe Spice Spice Kallo Kallo

Last edited:
Snow
upload_2017-7-4_13-57-44.png

The man was heavier and heavier with every moment of energy she spent on her task. Getting him to safety was not as easy as she had hoped. Right when she was one corner away from a relatively safe looking alley, her task became even more difficult.

Behind her, dropping the mans legs, yet another window exploded this time producing a conscious living being. Her rose eyes blinked as she grew agitated again, thorns ripping out of her legs and arms. She bit her lip and tried to take a step back.
Shoot Shoot Shoot... This is what I get for helping. Oh my god I am never helping again. How stupid. Stupid Stupid Stu- Her inner chastising was cut off by the red headed fighter yelling to get down. Get down? Why tho- Again cut off by this strange man leaping at her. Her legs were splattered with blood and the thorns were still sharp and out. No no no no no no nonononononononononononononono.
Smash!
He plowed right into her and they both went down, him shielding her from whatever it was he was so worried was going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back