• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ☾The Dark Carnival☽ Open and Accepting!

The Ringmaster opened the door to his cabinet and grabbed onto a bottle of burbon. He grabbed three cups and placed them on his desk. While filling them up he looked up at the two and told them, "After we enjoy our drinks, I'll have a clown come over to show you to your new home." He poured some apple juice for Nightmare and handed it to her "here you are sweetie."

Sitting back at his desk he took small sips of his drink. "I really hope you guys enjoy it here. I'll always be here for you." He smiled.

Dinah allowed herself a small smile. 'He does seem nice..' She thought.

"Thanks." She said softly.

Jason grasped his drink, and reveled in the burning warmth the drink sent to his stomach. When his vision began to blur he chuckled.

Around the same time Dinah noticed things starting to go blurry as well.

"Darn you, Jason! We share a liver!" She screeched. "Now we are both totally zonked."

"Thanks Ringmaster" i sat up on the trapese and drank my apple juice slowly so i didn't spill any. "What would you like me to do know Ringmaster?" i asked as i jumped of the trapese and managed not to spill any juice this time.

"Nightmare, darling, you can go out and play. Maybe pester some clowns. I have some work to do, I need to talk to Dinah and Jason and show them their new home. Alright?" He smiled at her and looked up at the two, who were now tipsy. "Ah, maybe you should of shared one glass? Is this your first time being drunk or what?" He laughed.

"Ok Ringmaster!" I jumped of the trapese and raced over to the clowns. I started to case some that were scared of me and pocked the ones that weren't.

Dinah looked at him. Her vision was swimming "We've never had any of the sort." She mumbled. Looking over at her brother, she saw he had two heads. Chuckling, she said "You never told me we had another brother next to you..."

Jason smiled at the ringmaster. "Exactly." He added. His face began to feel warm and flushed. Clearly though, he held his liquor much better than his sister could. "Can we.. um.. See our living place now?" He asked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alice pulled they key out of her ignition, tucking it into her bag as she stepped out of her car, her large bow barely brushing past the top.

The short female slammed the door shut, her brown gaze landing on the carnival ahead of her, curiosity dancing across her eyes.

" Hm... "

Alice entered the carnival grounds, enjoying the dark scene before her, clowns running about.

But other than that, it seemed empty.

The multicolored hair girl shrugged, the song of a mari-go-round filling her ears.

She tilted her head and began to follow the music.

Round and round like a horse on a carousel, we go.

---

Dean sighed softly, his head resting against the side of the door, watching as his surroundings passed, then came to a stop, along with his thoughts on the past events.

Dean raised his head, gaze on Bob, the man who "rescued" him.

" What are we doing at a carnival? " He asked, unaware of the girl adorning a big bow walking past.

"You wanna fit in, right kid?"

Dean nodded slightly, biting his lip.

" Yeah... But- "

Bob cut him off with a wave of a hand.

"Listen kid, your "parents" don't want you. Where else are you gonna go? Your gonna get kidnapped by the government and they'll do weird experiments on you and shit like that. So, trust me kid."

Dean sighed softly and nodded.

" Fine...lets go then.. "

Last edited by a moderator:
I whatched a girl with a bow walk in and a guy talking to another guy. "You people need any help? The Ringmaster isn't here right now but i can help if you like!" I said as a walked into the middle of the main tent so they could both see me.

Aerwyna walked steadily towards the distorted sound of carnival music. She had read an ad about them needing applicants for their freak show, so she decided to apply. This way she could see the world and maybe find her mother at the same time.

As she walked onto the carnival grounds a cold chill chased down her spine and caused her to shiver violently. She looked around, a bit unsure, then braced herself mentally and walked farther in. All she saw was several very dark tents and some eerie clowns, if you could call them clowns, that seemed to be setting up. She approached a clown to ask a question and that is when she saw that their mouths were sewn shut. "Ummm.....umm....can you point me towards the ringmasters quarters? I am here to apply for a position in the freak show." She bites her bottom lip as she finishes speaking.

Alice slowly turned her head to the sound of a small voice, pulling her attention away from the strangely pleasing mari-go-round music.

"
I would just like to- " She flicked her brown gaze to another person with a heavy set man next to him.

Alice rose am eyebrow, clearing her throat.

"
I would just like to check out your mari-go-round is all "

---

Dean set his gaze on a small girl, glancing back at Bob.

"Hey, girl, where's the boss at? I wanna-" The chubby man paused and leaned forward to whisper. "I'm gonna sell this kid to the freakshow" Bob whispered, Dean unable to hear him.

Anyways, Dean was too distracted by the strange girl with the big bow.

What is this girl doing at a place like this?

Wanting to go on a mari-go-round?

What the hell.

@Zaboo @Phoenix Dixon @Papa Emeritus

The ringmaster smiled, "Of course I will have one of my clowns show you around." He snapped his fingers and a clown by the name of Shaggy appeared inside of the tent. "Shaggy, please show them to their tent."

Shaggy was a tall clown with white and red face paint. His hair was in dreads and came past his shoulders. He motioned for Dinah and Jason to follow him. He took a left turn and walked a bit until he came up to a light blue tent. He walked on inside, waiting for the two to come inside with him. He pointed at a bed, a mirror and a dresser. In the far corner there was a table with a lantern ontop of it. He gave a thumbs up to Dinah and Jason and cocked his head as if he was asking them if they were satisfied with their room.

Back in his tent, the Ringmaster waited for his next visitor. He watched the new comers through his crystal ball, eager to see who would be the first one he spoke to.

Jason and Dinah were far too loopy to pay much attention to anything on their journey to the tent. Their gait was lopsided and slow, resembling a zombie.

Reaching the tent, Dinah dully looked around, taking into account their new furniture and blue walls. They swayed with the breeze, making her feel slightly naseous, as everything else was already swirling in her vision.

They thanked Shaggy and thumbed-up in reply, then collapsed in bed to sleep off their alcohol.

The clown silently points to a very fancy looking tent that stands off by itself. Aerwyna nods her thanks to the clown, trying not to show her uncertainty she feels, then turns and walks to the ringmasters tent.

"Hello? I don't see any way to knock on a tent flap. Anyone here?" As she finishes speaking she reaches out and slowly pulls the flap of the tent aside.

dorkling said:

Alice slowly turned her head to the sound of a small voice, pulling her attention away from the strangely pleasing mari-go-round music.

"
I would just like to- " She flicked her brown gaze to another person with a heavy set man next to him.

Alice rose am eyebrow, clearing her throat.

"
I would just like to check out your mari-go-round is all "

---

Dean set his gaze on a small girl, glancing back at Bob.

"Hey, girl, where's the boss at? I wanna-" The chubby man paused and leaned forward to whisper. "I'm gonna sell this kid to the freakshow" Bob whispered, Dean unable to hear him.

Anyways, Dean was too distracted by the strange girl with the big bow.

What is this girl doing at a place like this?

Wanting to go on a mari-go-round?

What the hell.

@Zaboo @Phoenix Dixon @Papa Emeritus

"OK! You can take a look at the mari-go-round but be careful not to fall of if you ride it!" i said to the girl with a bow in her hair. "Would you guys like any help?" i walked up to the two guys talking.

@dorkling

Alice nodded slowly, something like a smile slipping across her lips. "Thanks.." She turned around and began to wander back, the music of the carousel getting louder.

Dean huffed slightly, arms crossing over his chest as Bob walked over to the little girl.

"Where's the boss at? I'd like to sell this kid to the freak show" Bob whispered to the little girl.

dorkling said:

Alice nodded slowly, something like a smile slipping across her lips. "Thanks.." She turned around and began to wander back, the music of the carousel getting louder.

Dean huffed slightly, arms crossing over his chest as Bob walked over to the little girl.

"Where's the boss at? I'd like to sell this kid to the freak show" Bob whispered to the little girl.

"Oh well, he is bussy! If you would like i could go get him for you!" i said as i jumped up onto the trepese platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back