• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The dangers of the Seven Seas

Bullet

Eye for an eye
A single cloud floated above in the otherwise clear blue sky, softly floating with the gentle winds that impelled it. Adair smiled at the white puff above, a single rebellious cloud in the sea of blue sky. He took it as a good omen, a reassurance that they alone would rule the seas that day. He closed his eyes and felt the light breeze rustle through his hair. A good sign. He hopped down from the rigging onto the wooden deck with a thud, sauntering over to his first mate at the helm. He placed a hand on his shoulder and shook him heartily, letting out a laugh.

"Tis a good day for sailing, my friend! The winds have told me they will give us good fortune today."

His first mate tossed him a glance and smiled doubtfully at his captain's confidence. "You're insane to believe dat, Cap'n. De waters and skies have been calm all day, not even da berds bother to take wing." He spoke in his signature Jamaican accent. Adair grinned in reply, a twinkle in his eyes. "Your lack of faith in your own captain worries me, Songo. But I will forgive you just this once, for I am in high spirits this day." The captain headed to the railing overlooking the deck, the crew one by one pausing their tasks to await their captain's orders.

"Alrighty, lads! Bring down the sails and raise the anchors, the winds are our allies this day. We are well stocked from our last endeavor, and we can't let these ships sail in our waters without our permission, am I right, lads?!" The crew cheered enthusiastically in response, working the ropes and the riggings with more vigor than before. The billowing white sails cascaded down, heavenly white in the morning Caribbean sun. Almost on cue, the winds picked up and filled the sails, the ship a dog on a leash, waiting to be released. "The anchor, boys! The sea awaits!" The heavy metal chain clinked on the wood of the deck as it was drawn up by pulley, until finally the great sailing ship was ready for departure. Adair turned back to his first mate, who stood in disbelief.

"I told you the winds were on our side today!" He declared with a delighted smirk. "Songo, I leave the helm to you for now. I must review the riches I have claimed from our last enterprise." Songo laughed in reply. "Yessah, you have fun wit dat one."

@Mobius

Last edited by a moderator:
How did this happen?How could this happen?How did it happen?Those questions ran through Marley's head as she sat there,on the cold wooden floor of some ship run by some people who just thought it would be okay to take her against her will.Her hands were tied behind her back and her ankles were tied as well.While moving her hands was impossible aside from waving them back and forth in some way,she could stretch her legs forward or pull them up,like she currently had them.In her mouth was some sort of makeshift gag,kept in there by a strip of duct tape.Just wonderfully comfortable the whole situation was.Yeah,right.How did this happen? She wondered with a hopeless sigh,resting her head against the wall of the ship which she could tell was heading to some other place now by the way it rocked.Good thing she wasn't prone to sea sickness.That would be bad,especially with that stupid gag in her mouth.My head feels dizzy just trying to remember... She continued to think as she closed her eyes,recapping the whole situation.

It happened like this: Marley and her parents were on their big vacation,visiting one of the islands in the Caribbean.It was the busy season and Marley had been feeling claustrophobic in the hustle and bustle of it all.So she let her mother and father to their sightseeing and went to go relax on the beach.She did not plan on swimming or working on getting burnt (since with her pale skin she could burn in two minutes,making tanning impossible for her),so she had a tank top and shorts on,which she was grateful for now since sitting in a pirates' ship in nothing but her bathing suit wasn't appealing to her.If she was on the beach for no more than five minutes,she would have been shocked.The rest was a blur.Before she knew it,she was unable to fight against them since they had immobilized her in a way she couldn't recall.Since then,she's been on the ship,unaware of most of the people that made up the crew...or if there was any other people on it.

How could they do this? Marley thought somewhat angrily.This wasn't right!They couldn't just capture and hold her against her will!What if she was stuck here for good?Would her parents do anything to get her back?Probably not since they had no clue where she was or if she even survived the raid.Anything could have happened.Would they honestly think that,once they find out that she isn't on the island anymore,that she survived?Her mother always jumped to conclusions and her father was one to never worry as much as he should.It wasn't a good combination for them finding her and freeing her.What are they going to do to me? She wondered with a sick feeling in her stomach causing her to adjust her position so she was more upright.With that,she stretched her legs out and fidgeted her restrained arms,feeling very uncomfortable.

(I apologize if it's short.I can't tell when I'm on my phone xD .)

The captain's boots resounded loudly on the wood as he descended the stairs to the main deck, nodding every now and then to a fellow crewman as he casually walked over to the cabin doors that led down to his personal quarters. He had ordered his men to tie his latest trophy down there, making sure to not touch her in any way that would perturb her; his threat to remove the hand of any that did was enough for his men to listen without question. He pulled his knife from the strap on his waist, tossing it upwards and watching it spin in the air before catching it. He whistled a tune famous in pirate circles as he opened the door and shuffled down the stairs to the captain's quarters.

The ship's name was the Fortune Seeker, coined by Adair himself. He commissioned the construction of the ship to a trusted compatriot who was just as willing to deal with pirates as he would with the royal navy. Adair spared no expenses, and the 'heart; of the Fortune Seeker, as liked to call his private quarters, were no exception. Exotic silks draped the lavish bed imported from European markets. Gold-hilted swords hung crossing each other above a custom made wooden bureau, and a bearskin rug lied across the floor, it's menacing head perpetually roaring silently at the entrance. His private abode in the middle of the sea, it was one of his favorite places to relax. He sauntered in, smiling as he noticed his bound trophy deposited in the corner. "Well, well, well, what do we have here. Are you comfortable? Can I get you a drink?" He grinned mischievously, unable to maintain seriousness in such a situation. His smile faded slightly, his eyes no longer displaying a playful twinkle. "It's been a while since I've had such a prize delivered to me. I hope you know there is no hope for you to escape. Leaving this cabin into the arms of those men... well, let's just say they won't be as gentle in their treatment of you as I am. They have been out at see for a very long time."

He crouched over her and brought his knife to her cheek, the metal a sharp contrast to her soft skin. He offered her a crooked smile before turning the blade and slicing off the gag in one swift motion. "Are we clear?"

(It's perfectly fine, you really shouldn't worry so much. :P )

(Yeah,I just always worry with a new partner because you never know,especially when stuff comes up and I can't at least get it started quickly because then I'm afraid they're thinking I'm not taking it seriously...I over think things,haha.I'm glad you're not one of those partners,though.My poor horsey didn't do too hot...she tried her best,but her best wasn't enough to get a good finish.You should see her,she's gorgeous.)

Marley,who had reluctantly given up on thinking or doing anything,had closed her hazel eyes and attempted to relax...as if that was possible when she was stuck the way she was,arms and legs stuck together in the pairs they are and something jamming her mouth,all the while being stuck in some place that was nothing close to calming.Expensive taste whoever occupied this room had.Expensive,to her in this case,meant the person had lofty ambitions.As uncomfortable as she was,however,she knew she should try to relax and refresh a little bit.Something told her this would not be an easy ride.It was almost humorous to her.One moment she was completely safe and enjoying herself on a resort's beach and the next she is confined to a room on a ship bound to living heck for all she knew.What a turn of events.She should have dealt with the inconsiderate tourists.

Noises outside of the door to the room brought Marley to abrupt attention.Her entire form changed.She no longer slouched and she brought her long,slender legs up to where they were bent.Her head was turned to face the sounds as she waited to see the face of whoever might be coming her way.Even if she was nervous,she refused to shoe it and she put a defiant look on her face.There was no way she would appear like a wounded deer even if she was technically one.Figuratively speaking of course.Although,being an actual wounded deer sounded more appealing to her right then than being herself.That disturbing looking bear,long gone on the floor of her prison,should it have been its former self rather than a rug,would probably have liked the same thing.It felt like forever before that doorknob turned and the person responsible for her imprisonment finally showed his face to her...

He disgusted Marley instantly.Not for his appearance,but for his actions and what he had clearly ordered to be done.He obviously was the captain,she just knew it.That meant he had ordered her to be captured even if she had never seen him,or at least never noticed him.He obviously had,though,and now here they were.A glare covered her face and she wished she could have crawled away from him,but since she was tied up and there was nowhere to go she was forced to stay right there,her only defense her expression.His words sounded like poison,like venom from Satan's serpent which caused Eve to fall to deception.How dare he call her a prize!?What kind of sick,twisted person was he?Well,she did not want to find out.Once again,though,she fell back to the fact that she could do absolutely nothing about it.As he got closer,her body grew tenser until the knife reached her cheek,which at that point she was sure there was no way her body could tense up any more than it did.

The hazel eyes of Miss Oaken stared widely at him,mentally praying that she wouldn't turn her into the female version of the Joker or something worse than that.While she was not necessarily focused on his words,not one was lost on her and suddenly the extravagantly decorated room with one man seemed much more appealing than attempting a suicide mission of getting off of the boat on her terms when there were many others out there.When he cut the gag off rather than a slice of her cheek,she realized she had been holding her breath.It released in relief and a bit of the tension she held in her lightly built body went with it,but not all of it.This person was still dangerously close.She could not let her guard down even if she could do nothing about it.For a while,she just stared at him loathingly,almost seethingly,unable to form words in her anger at this man who thought it would be just fine to capture her."Crystal," she finally said,sounding surprisingly calm,but the anger was still laced into it.

Adair chuckled lightly and returned to his feet, running the blade between his thumb and forefinger from hilt to edge. He stared at her curiously for a moment before moving towards the desk and lodging the knife into the dark wood. "I'd like to make a few things clear. I am the captain here, and this is my ship. My ship, my rules. I can be a good captain, or I can be a strict captain. A captain must keep order or his underlings become... unwieldy." He had circled the desk at this point, now behind it by an accompanying mahogany chair, upholstered with navy blue and mustard fabrics. He rifled through some maps upon the desk before sliding them to one side. He grabbed an apple off an exquisitely carved plate on the edge of the desk, removing the knife from where he had implanted it with his other hand. In a practiced motion, he split the apple in half over the area he had cleared and set the knife back down, carrying a half in each hand. He strode back to where his captor lay, the fierceness in her eyes near palpable. He took a large bite from one piece, his eyes examining her.

This one intrigued him. His previous captives seemed to have given up the moment they were captured, either crying profusely, constantly, or lifeless husks that had given up on all hope. Adair was not a cruel man, but he was a pirate, and he did not deal with children. This unfortunately would lead to the crew having a new plaything for a day or two; they never lasted much longer than that. Adair was not one to govern the moral misgivings of his crew. He needed to offer incentives for his crew to remain loyal, and he would not have received much enjoyment from those girls anyways. But this one seemed to have bark, and hopefully a bite to match. This, he hoped, would prove to be interesting.

"I imagine you haven't had much to eat since your commandeering." He spoke, holding out his hand and offering her the unbitten half of the apple.

(Ugh!I had a reply almost finished and my phone kicked out so I lost it.Then I had another started and my phone kicked out and I lost that!Sorry for the wait...dumb thing...)

Marley's gaze clung to the man as he moved away from her and towards a desk.While she couldn't protect herself from anything,she could at least take every step possible to prepare herself for anything.However,she did have one weapon: her tongue.While she found ticking the man,who indeed was the captain,off to be a stupid idea,she found no harm in weaseling in a little fun for herself here and there."Demanding,huh?" She stated slightly sarcastically.Ah,sarcasm,her favorite tool of the tongue.It sounded especially juicy in her voice,even if she found it too soft and feminine.Her mother was known for her sharp British accent and Marley took most of that for herself.However,her father had a rather punchy sort of Italian tone and that punch was also given to his daughter,especially on vowel sounds.Another interesting tidbit to her way of speaking,on certain sounds and occasionally the end of words,it seems like her voice hits a wall and falls to nothingness,giving a cut sort of type to certain words or sentences.Certain things carry or drop depending on her language of choice -Russian looses those aspects almost completely-,but English holds them all.Despite the interesting parts of it,she still can't stand her voice and probably never will.Oh,well,it's not like her opinion matters anymore no matter what the topic is.

When the captain began to cut an apple,Marley's stomach grumbled,reminding her of the fact that she hadn't eaten anything in a while.Her eyes watched his swipes and her ears took in the crisp sound as he cut the apple in half.It looked rather ripe and delicious,probably appealing to the tongue.However,as he moved towards her again,all thoughts of food and eating rushed out of her head and her focus went completely back to the captain.Her eyes narrowed at him as he stopped,but after a moment she suddenly felt exposed for some reason and,not liking the feeling,attempted to back up.The wall gave her a cold reminder that she could not go anywhere and she mumbled under her breath,"Muro stupido..." Since she didn't want him to hear her frustration,even if it was clear on her face,she decided to use her father's Italian language rather than the English the captain clearly understood.Whether he could understand the language,she wasn't sure,and frankly it didn't matter to her right then.

When he offered her the other half of the apple,Marley raised a dark eyebrow,surprised at the offer,but only suspicion showed on her face.How bad could an apple be?Like he poisoned it, she deduced before she gave in and looked at his face.The entire everything of this man made her skin crawl and she couldn't stand the sight of him."It's sort of hard to eat something without having control of my hands," she told him plainly,pulling ever so slightly against her bounds,not expecting him to release her.She wish he would,though,she was starting to get pretty uncomfortable with her hands stuck behind her back.

(I meant to reply to the OOC earlier, haha. I would love to see your horse! I my friend owned a few and I would go riding back when lived in Florida. I miss riding.)

The captain chuckled at her request, the signature glimmer in his eye returning. Being a pirate, one soon learned that it was not the strongest, nor the quickest, nor even the smartest that outlived the rest; it was the trickiest. The ability to fool, to beguile, to bluff, to defraud and mislead. The mastery of the tongue, not the sword, marked a true pirate. From a young age Adair learned this to survive in the violent streets of Nassau. A homeless child proved an easy target for slavers, or worse. Adair would not be able to outrun them if they pursued him, and he as a young boy, fighting would only worsen his punishment; a one-armed slave could still do work in the eyes of a master. However, a lie, if convincing enough, could allow him freedom. At the age of ten, a pair of slave traders captured him as he darted through the market one August morning.

"We can fetch at least something for the lad, eh?" One of the men whispered to the other. The other man, flesh like leather from years being uner the Caribbean sun, nodded in agreement, looking the boy over. Adair giggled in response. The two men offered puzzled looks, the one that had a grip on his arm shaking him roughly. "What're you laughin' at, ya snivelin' brat?" He demanded. Adair smiled up at his captors with an abundance of confidence. "Well my master will be none too pleased if I am taken, and I am not his only servant here in the market. If they see you selling me, they will inform my master, and he will certainly send his men to make an example of you." The men scoffed in return, disbelieving the supposed filthy lies this little runt was feeding them. "Filthy liar. If that's so, who is your supposed master, knave?" Without hesitation, Adair spoke up. "Master Robert Conway, of course." The men hesitated for a sec; Robert Conway was a rich, influential man in Nassau, known for his ruthlessness in business and trade as well as in his treatment of his enemies. The man who hadn't spoken grabbed the child by the chin and pulled him close.

"If that be the truth, laddie, then where is his brand?" Master Conway branded all his servants, to show his ownership over them in disputes, and to remind his servants they were his for life. Adair, the sly child he was, lifted his shirt, a scarred mark on his skin roughly in the shape of a sparrow. "I was too young at the time for a brand, so they cut it into me instead." The two men grumbled and tossed him to the ground. "Run along, brat." They cursed at him, turning away and searching for other opportunities. Adair beamed. He had cut the mark himself, and it had worked. These were the sacrifices one made to survive. If one was not prepared to make such choices, either the sea would take you, or the wrong kind of people. Adair, standing in the cabin of the Fortune Seeker, pressed a pair of fingers to where the scar still lied, hidden under his clothing.

Addressing the girl still bound on the floor, he spoke in a low tone, as though he were telling a secret, or offering a threat. It often could be difficult to tell, the remnants of his Spanish accent still clinging to his tongue. "Truly, my dear, you must believe I had been born but yesterday. Men may have a silver tongue, but a woman, gold. I am wary to your devious ways, but... would I be worthy of the name 'The Bloodhound' if I were fearful of my own slave?" He returned to the desk and placed the apple half on it, spinning with a flick of the wrist and watching it turn. His memories began to gnaw at the front of his mind. He shook his head to clear his mind and sat on the bed, sighing as he mulled over the situation. After a moment, he sauntered over to her and used his knife to cut the cords that bound her hands. "Truly, my dear, don't make me regret this."

(I do that allllll the time :P .When I'm on my computer I'll upload one and send you the link :) .I have three racers,but will be down to one soon.I ride,too.I don't have a riding horse,sadly,but I'm going to be able to shoe this year anyways.That's so cool that you rode!What did you ride,English or Western?)

Marley huffed close to silently as she listened to him chuckle and noticed the return of that disgusting glimmer to his evil eyes.What did she expect?Did she honestly believe he would just free her arms,just like that?How dumb was she?It was silly to think he would.Like,honestly,she could pull anything with her arms undone,feet bound or not.Whether she'd be successful or not was the question.She knew that she could do nothing right now and get away with it and,technically,she'd almost never be able to get away with something without consequences.It was just her situation now.Her only hope was her parents tracking her down,which she knew was impossible now.She had to admit it to herself,because living on a false hope would just drive her crazy.The only "hope" she had was that she could connive herself our of any situation that she didn't feel okay with.She was a master with words and she was confident she could do anything with them.However,she wasn't sure if she'd win this one.

The word "slave" caught Marley's attention and she narrowed her eyes into thin slits.However,she did gulp along with it.It was just what she wanted to be,a slave to a pirate.What a wonderful life she would have from now on...no,she had to get out of it somehow.There had to be some way,but what?This guy was too smart for her own good.Her options were limited.Either way,her plans were not to remain there,should she survive...that was what worried her.He could do anything and she could do nothing to stop him.She would just have to pray hard and play her cards right.She wasn't a chump and wouldn't go down like one.Not if she could do anything about it.However,keeping her confidence up would be the real challenge.She could not get discouraged,she would just have to keep the right frame of mind.

When he came over,Marley tensed just slightly,not sure what his plans were with the knife since there was no way she could anticipate his actions.Not yet,anyways.Maybe after a while he would become predictable,but then again maybe not...he might be too smart to do that.Although,when he freed her hands,she sighed and immediately rubbed her wrists,feeling a bit better now that she could at least use her hands.The captain's warning caused a sly smirk to come to her face."Oh,captain,you must think I was born only yesterday.While it is true our tongues are much more...valuable than that of a man's,our minds are as well.We know when a situation isn't worth our time and I am no exception.Why would I put myself in more jeopardy when I know right now that my only escape is to swim with the sharks," she said as slyly as her expression was.She was still rubbing her wrists as she spoke and even after she finished,enjoying the feeling of the freedom they now held.

(Western, my friend ropes often)

Adair smirked at her cheeky reply. "I'm glad you've come to that realization, my dear. There is no escape for you here, so I'd remove all of those kinds of thoughts from that pretty, little head of yours." He returned to the desk and plucked the apple half, tossing it to the girl with a "Catch." as the only warning.

The ship progressed through the calm sea, the winds providing considerable impetus, gliding rapidly over the crystal blue expanse. Though the ship was well provisioned, he knew Songo, his first mate, was aware of the excess baggage that needed to be unloaded. He trusted Songo to make a course towards their hidden alcove before resuming their pillaging and plundering of ships. Gold weighed a fair amount, and a ship loaded with it would be a slower target for British warships to seize. The Fortune Seeker was better equipped than most to fight head on against other trade ships, or even an unruly vessel of pirates with no respect for fellow plunderers, but a warship could easily blow the Fortune Seeker clear out of the water with it's superior array of armaments and firepower. His defense against such frigates was his ship's nimble speed, which it sorely lacked at the moment, bogged down by the treasures seized. He glanced out the back window momentarily, examining the horizon for familiar islands or landmarks, if possible, to mark his location. Nothing by the endless blue greeted him.

He could not enjoy the fruits of his labor without assurance his ship was headed in the proper direction. He strode towards the cabin door, admonishing the girl. "Stay put, I'd hate for the ocean to enjoy you before I get the chance." A devilish grin flashed across his face before he disappeared behind the door, removing a key from his breeches and locking it from the outside. He leaped up the steps, two to three at a time, and journeyed to the wheel where Songo commanded from.

"Adjust the sails, maggots, we be fixing our course! Double time!" Songo shouted at the shipmates, as they scrambled to the ropes. Songo turned his attention to the Captain. "Done so soon, m'captain? Never figured ye a quick shoota." Songo shared in the laughter with Adair. "You might share the same fate if you could get it up, my friend." The laughter continued for a moment, Adair placing a hand on Songo's shoulder and wiping a tear from his eye. "Okay, enough of that. I must know, you have put us on a course for the Hidden Pearl, have you not?" Songo nodded in agreement. "Yes'sah, we on de way righ' now. But warships ha' been patrolling de area, we have had to make adjustments to ou' course." Adair understood, patting him on the back in recognition. "Very well, Songo. You know I don't like to be in the dark. I'm hoping for a midday arrival; the sooner we can put this away, the better off we'll be. We must make use of this great hunting weather while it is in our favor. Now, if you'll excuse me, there's yet some fun to be had." He dismissed Songo with a mischievous grin and leapt back down to the main deck, his boots resounding on the wooden deck. He sauntered back to the steps that led down to his cabin, procuring the key for the door. He shook the handle to ensure it had remained locked, and inserted the key and turned, gently opening the door as he spoke. "Now my dear, where were we?"

Marley narrowed her eyes just slightly at his comment.She wasn't quite sure that all hope was lost for her.While she refused to cling to a false hope,there was still some real hope to be had even if it was slim.Very slim.Yet there was still a chance and she had to cling to it.She needed to cling to if,because a hopeful outlook at any time was better than a crushed one.Let alone in her position.However,she wouldn't be stupid about it.She had to be realistic no matter how painful the real truth was.The more she thought about it,though,the more she realized how right he probably was.How would she get off of the blasted ship even if she got the chance?Nobody would be able to track her down.Plus,where would she go if she did get away?She didn't seem to think that a complete stranger would believe her story that pirates had kidnapped her.It just sounded silly,in a sick and twisted sort of way,to her.However,there was still a chance and could she afford to not hold onto it?No.

Soon enough,the apple half came on Marley's direction nd she realized that she had been lost to thought for the few moments it had taken the captain to get from her back to the desk.She caught it before it hit the ground or any part of her and she sighed in slight frustration afterwards."Gee,thanks," she sneered with a roll of her eyes before she looked at the snack and turned it in her hand as if inspecting it for anything that could be strangely off.She could never know if he did something to it in the few minutes her mind left the comfort of reality for the unsure seas of her thoughts.When she found nothing wrong,her hazel gaze went back to the captain.What is he thinking? she wondered worriedly,completely uncomfortable with the fact that she couldn't be inside of his mind.While she watched him,she took a bite of the fruit,enjoying the sweet tang on her tongue.All of that work just to get to where she could eat a half of an apple.

Then the captain went over to the door and Marley raised an eyebrow,glad that he was leaving,but wondering exactly why.At his words,she rolled her eyes slightly.The ocean was sounding much better than his plans,but she figured any form of living was better than death even if she did know where she was going after she took her last breath.Once he disappeared behind the shutting door,she relaxed,allowing her shoulders to slump and her head to rest against the wall again.For a while she just sat there like that,staring at the ceiling while the apple remained in her hand.Who knew a place as luxurious as that would feel like a prison to a woman.To her,it was too much and she would rather a simple room like hers back home.Her parents were not short on money,but they'd chosen to live in a simple two story townhome about ten minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the city where her mom cooked.It had a Victorian feel that Marley originally did not like,but now she was missing it terribly.With a depressed sigh,she sat up straighter again and worked on finishing the little remains of the apple.

Marley went alert once again as she heard the doorknob turning.When the captain poked his disgusting head in and came in,her stomach churned and a disapproving look,mixed with the disgust and hate she was feeling,came over her face."Nothing I can remember," she commented as lightly as she could,not wanting to sound like he had an affect on her.She could look like what she wanted,but she refused to sound like it...unless he really ticked her off.Let it never be said she had a control of the slight temper that burned in her.It was hard to get it to show its ugly head,which is why most people don't even know it exists,but when it comes out it definitely isn't a fun playmate.

(Feel free to add anything to progress the plot; I truly won't mind.)

"Well I'll be sure to have you remember any time spent with the infamous Captain Adair Connor." He confidently replied. The girl amused him; there was something about her that he could not quite put his finger on. He had been with plenty of women before, not all of them slaves, of course. They seemed to lack a certain something... a fire within them, I guess it would be best put. He motioned with his index and middle finger, a quick two flips upward, notifying his wish for to get on her feet. He walked towards her as he did, meeting her glare face to face. A defiance burrowed itself deep within her eyes, he knew. Why wouldn't they? She found herself on this strange ship, against her will, likely with a frightened mother and father left behind, wondering where there daughter has gone, fearing the worst. It brought him no delight to tear a family apart, but he had decided long ago that his own delight would be above everyone else's. Showing care for others was a weakness he did not choose to retain in his life.

He brought up a finger and ran it along the smooth skin of her cheek. She was a pretty girl there was no doubt about that, and it he had been out at sea for a long time; he would be sure to take his time with her. Suddenly, Adair could feel the ship slow down to an eventual halt. "Dammit!" He cursed under his breath, turning away from the girl and crossing his arms. 'Why in the bloody hell are we stopping now?' He knew his mind would receive no peace until he knew the situation above. He groaned in annoyance, taking the girl by the arm and heading for the door. "Come with me." He demanded, with little expectation of an answer. He already was urging her along with his hand on her arm. They ascended the stairs, Adair calling out to one of the crewmen. "Stokey, hold onto this for me, would you? And no funny ideas, friend; she will tell me otherwise. I'd hate for you to lose your manhood over such simple instructions." He turned and met with Songo, still at the helm.

"Songo, why in the bloody hell have we stopped?!" Adair spoke with an annoyed tone. The disruptions nipped away at the last of his patience. "Sir, the'e is a raft with shtrange man on it. The'e is a chest on it too. He is shouting words we no understand, Cap'n." Adair snatched the telescope Songo had hanging on his belt. "Where?" Adair commanded, Songo pointed a dark finger starboard. Adair peered through the telescope, encountering a frantic, frazzled man in torn clothing, shouting and waving towards the ship. "Come, Songo, let's see if we can make out what the lad is saying." They hopped to the main deck and made their way to the front of the ship. He whistled and snapped his fingers at Stokey to tag along as well. They arrived to the front, the captain resting his knee on a box and leaning forward, focusing his attention to try and decipher what the distraught man garbled. It didn't sound anything like Spanish or English, or any of the Caribbean dialects. "Songo, I can't understand a word he's saying, do you?"

"No sah', I don't. Maybe we should just leave him, no?" Adair nodded in agreement, though gave no command and pondered the situation. After all, the chest on the small raft could contain treasure, and he did not want to pass up on such an easy opportunity.

(I forgot the OOC this time xD .That's cool.I used to ride Western,but I switched to English after I sold my last riding horse.I do Dressage mostly,but I'm working towards jumping,too.I've done it a few times and it's so cool.Okay,I think I can sway the plot a bit with this one.Oh,and would you mind not cursing?I feel bad for asking...)

Marley watched him closely like she had before,her heart rate picking up considerably.His words did not sit well with her and her stomach became very unsettled,her strong façade cracking just slightly as she realized what was truly going to happen.There would be no talking herself out of this one.Maybe she was wrong to think that there was hope...Before she knew it,he motioned for her to stand up and,as much as she didn't want to give in and do it,she gulped as she obeyed.It would probably be a bad idea to disobey right then.There would be other times for that and she didn't plan to obey every word he sent her way.Even if she would pay for it in the end,she would not be his little pull toy.If he expected her to be like that then he wasn't as smart as she coined him to be.Well,at least his IQ would at least match his looks, she thought,biting back a chuckle towards it since that would not be a good thing to do in the situation she was stuck in.Even if she did stand up,she did give him a strong glare.A glare of warning and a glare that showed she wouldn't cooperate easily.

As his finger stroked her cheek,Marley cringed.Not in a frightened sort of way,but a disgusted sort of way.She opened her mouth to say something,but then she noticed the change in the movement of the ship,too.When it stopped,she raised an eye row in confusion and curiosity.This couldn't be a planned halt,because why would the captain decide to have some fun now?It didn't make sense to her,but so far not much of this man,'Captain Adair Conner',made sense to her.However,she realized quickly that he didn't know what was going on either,judging by what he said and how he acted afterwards.Her eyes widened when he grabbed her arm and pulled her with him;her feet stumbled to keep up with him.As they exited the cabin,she got herself collected again and she followed after him,knowing now was definitely not the time to not obey him.He was already flaming mad,her being difficult would only worsen it.

When Adair called to someone,Marley made an effort to see just who it was,but she could not pick up the sight of him until he headed their way.Wonderful looking man this new guy was and she just huffed at the sight of him.No wonder they all went nuts at the sight a girl.She figured that,if she were them,she would to just because she'd have to look at all of these people all of the time.Then the captain ordered the man to watch her,using the word "this" instead,and she felt her temper burning.How dare he use such a word to describe her,a living being!It was as if he thought she was a lifeless possession...and perhaps maybe he did see her in that way.With a roll of her eyes,she forced herself to forget about it and focus in on what was going on.She couldn't really hear and it just made her frustrated.Honestly,to drag her up there and she might not even find out what was going on?

However,there seemed like there would be a chance for Marley to find out because soon enough Adair called Mr. Stokey there to follow after them.He,in turn,grabbed Marley's arm,which meant she was going with them as well.What could possibly be the trouble?I don't- she thought,but her thoughts were put to a halt like the ship as she noticed the raft and a rather ragged man on it.He had some sort of chest in his raft as well.It was clear he wasn't speaking English,Spanish,or any of the languages trademark of the region.Yet,it wasn't foreign to her.It was French.Strange for the area,but still,there he was speaking it.As she listened to the suggestion of the other man with the captain,she decided that maybe she should speak up.It might put her on good terms with Adair and get her out of...things."It's French...oddly enough," she said to them as she moved a bit closer to the railing,as far as Stokey would allow her.

"Mon navire coulé kilomètres et j'ai été circulent depuis lors!J'ai besion d'aide!" The man called up.Marley raised an eyebrow,replaying what he said a few times before looking over at Adair and crossing her arms,after yanking free from Stokey's grip."He said: 'My ship sunk miles away and I've been floating around ever since.I need help.'" Then she looked towards the raft again and sighed quietly,wondering what the response would be from any of them.They probably didn't expect her to know more than one language,let alone one they might not have heard enough to recognize.

The three men, Adair, Songo, and Stokey, turned with quizzical glances at the girl. The captain sauntered over, placing his thumb and forefinger underneath her chin and lifting her face slightly, as though he were a doctor examining the facial features of his patient.

"Well, well, well, you are just full of surprises, aren't you, m'lady." He huffed a smile and shook his head, marching to the railing and staring out at the shipwrecked man. "Alrighty, men. I need two o' ya to lower a boat and fetch the survivor." He commanded with conviction, returning a steely glance to his men. "I want no complaints, and bring him back in one piece. When ya get 'im on board, bring him to me." He tossed a glance at their latest captor. "And you, I need you with me when they do." Returning attention to his men, he shouted. "Get to work, boys! We got places to be, now move it!" He stomped across the deck, shouting 'Stokey!' as he retreated, the simple man taking a second to realize the captain's intent. He nudged his head to the side so as to advise the girl to follow along, his large hand behind her back to urge her forward. Stokey, despite being a simple-minded fellow, was obedient and did his job (not always well, but he did it nonetheless). It helped he was a massive brute; even a simpleton could swing a mace and deal terrible damage.

Adair leaned down and lifted a wooden cover on the deck, revealing a ladder that led into the belly of the ship. With an open palm and a smirk on his face, he gestured towards the opening. "After you, my lady." They shortly found themselves in a hallway, shuffling through piled up boxes and containers lining the walls, as well as bundles of rope and odd shaped metal tools uniquely needed for maritime travel. They arrived at a door near the end of the hallway, Adair casually opening and stepping through. The portholes on the side of the ship allowed the sunlight to illuminate a large rectangular table dominating the center of a fairly sized room, with enough chairs to seat 12. A jumble of maps lied scattered at the far end of the table, and various skulls of large ocean creatures decorated the walls. "You may leave us, Stokey." The brute nodded and shuffled out, leaving the captain and the girl behind. "Have a seat, please." He pulled out a chair for himself opposite of where she stood and sat down, resting his legs up on the table. His gaze never left her sight as he did so.

Marley raised an eyebrow and gave them a confused look,not surprised in the least if they were surprised she could speak this shipwrecked man's native tongue.She crossed her arms over her chest,narrowing her eyes at the captain as he came over to her,not sure what he planned on doing and not liking that she wasn't aware of his plans.When he only put a few fingers under her chin and tilted her head a bit,she felt a bit relieved.She could never be too wary or careful in the place she was in.However,she acted like it was a big pain for him to do that,even as he spoke -in which his words,the sound of that horrible voice,made her feel sick to her stomach- to her,huffing and rolling her eyes.However,she dropped it and completely relaxed when his attention went to his crew and left her.Her gaze wandered to the different crewmen manning the boat,feeling surprisingly curious about what their stories were.One doesn't just end up on a ship such as the one they're all on without reasons.

Before Marley knew it,Adair's attention was back on her,or at least his voice,because all she got was a glance as he spoke to her.Not that she cared,she felt better with his eyes off of her.With a sigh,she gave a nod to acknowledge his request,feeling she had better go along with it in this instance.It wasn't like she didn't know a logical reason to why he would want her around when the Frenchman came aboard.She was the only one on the ship that could understand him and communicate with him.At the call to Stokey,she looked over at him,figuring Adair wanted him to watch her again to make sure she followed.Giving a slight nod to his,she started after the captain,picking her pace up to get Stokey's hand off of her back.Well,this day was definitely interesting...she couldn't predict it if she was able to see the future.Maybe she'd get herself out of...trouble,just with her talented tongue.And Mom thought it was a waste of time, she thought with a quiet chuckle.

Marley stared down at where Adair wanted her to go,suddenly feeling like she was being led into trouble again.However,she went down after a little bit of hesitation,being careful where she set her feet.She could just picture herself tripping as she went down the ladder.It wasn't far,though,so she didn't have to worry for too long.She waited to let the captain lead so she'd know where to go next.As she followed along,she glanced at the many objects lining the walls,wondering how they could find something from all of the stuff.With a sigh,she went into the next room,raising an eyebrow as she seen the table and dozen chairs around it.One for each crew member? she wondered before she turned her attention back to Adair,her eyes narrowing instinctively.The skulls around the walls made her miss the boxes against the walls in the hallway and she cringed slightly as she thought of the animals that used to have the things.Once Stokey left,she felt a new wave of uncomfortableness rush over her and she gave the captain a warning look as she warily,slowly went over to the table and pulled out a chair.After she sat down and pushed some of her hair over her shoulder,she met his gaze and raised an eyebrow."King Arthur and the not round table?" She spoke,watching him intently to make sure he didn't try anything since she couldn't quite understand why he brought her down here.Now alone with him,she felt even more cautious...like that brute would have done anything to help her should she have needed it anyways.

"King Arthur? No, I don't have such lofty ambitions..." He replied to her remark. "Kings, you see, are powerful men, and oftentimes that power leads to the abuse and suppression of those under such power. I am more than happy to remain a humble ship captain, a loyal servant to the sea. I am below no one, and few are below me, but never by force. If a man under my leadership chooses to leave, he may go as he pleases. You see, you may think I'm some sort of monster, but the real monsters are the governors and leaders holding their extravagant balls and enjoying the riches of life at the cost of those less fortunate. I am willing to bet all the gold on my ship you never in your life had to suffer the atrocities me and my men have had to face, living in the shadow of tyrants and extortionists, unsure of where we'd get our next meal, or where we would rest our head tonight. I can see your disdain for me and my kind in your eyes, it is plain to see; I could taste it from the air around you, it wafts so thickly from your body. Judge me for my acts, that's fine, my dear, but don't judge me for being a pirate. There are far more dangerous and cruel people in the world, and they are all the more dangerous because you never see them coming, never expect them to come in the dead of night and take those dear from you for..."

The captain stopped, the intense anger clear on his face, sweat beads trailing down his temple. He had removed his feet from the table as he had spoke, leaning forward with increasing intensity. He collapsed back into his chair then, replacing his feet onto the wooden table. He sighed at the girl, angry at himself for letting his emotions get the best of him for the moment. A brief silence ensued momentarily, the captain collecting his scattered thoughts. His voice returned to it's normal pitch as he addressed Marley. "Now then, I assume you are smart enough to know why you're here. I need a translator, but be forewarned, I don't take lightly to being lied to. I may not understand the French language, but it is a Latin based language nonetheless, and will still catch the basic gist of a decent amount of what he is saying. If what you tell me does not reconcile with what I understand..." His eyes remained trained on hers, no humor or twinkling in them, "Well, let's just hope that doesn't happen, my dear."

The door swung open in that instant, the disheveled Frenchman urged into the cabin roughly, Stokey's massive figure entering behind him. He was sat down in the chair next to Marley, the poor man's eyes darting in confusion from Marley to Adair to Stokey, then back to Marley. "Shall we begin?" The captain questioned with a grin.

Marley watched him,noticing the change in his expression,the increasing emotion in his voice.She listened,she really did,but as her ears took in his words,her thoughts went to work.Something had to have happened to him for him to feel that way towards people in powerful positions,but what was a mystery to her.An interesting mystery that she would have to solve.Her eyes noticed the heads of sweat beginning to form and she started to get nervous.What if he decided to take his anger out on her?All because she made a harmless comment mentioning King Arthur...What was meant to be a comment to hopefully lighten the tension she felt building in the room turned into something that brought anger into it.While it was a change from the tension,it wasn't a welcome one and she found herself chewing some of the skin on the inside of her mouth,watching every slight move,every slight change,waiting for him to lose it and her be his way to get his emotions out.I'm sorry I said anything, she thought as she let out of huff,realizing she had been holding her breath for a while.Must have been because she was waiting with prepared reflexes for when,if,he would spring at her.

Finally,Adair changed his mood and went back to the subject at hand,Marley releasing another breath,but this one was more of a repeated sigh than a huff.Her gaze was locked into his as he spoke to her,giving his warning and all of that jazz."And tell me,captain,what would I have to gain from misleading you?No,never mind,I'll answer it for you," she took a pause,"Nothing.I have more to gain from being honest than being a lier." Then she pushed the rest of her hair behind her shoulders in a somewhat bold move."Besides,while you might not have any morals,I do,and lying would go against them," she added matter of factly.She raised an eyebrow,waiting for a response from him,but the door opened too quick and through it came her fabulous escort Stokey and the Frenchman who looked much worse and slightly waterlogged compared to when he was out in the raft.

Marley gave him a soft,gentle look,only able to imagine what could be running through his head.She made a decision right then to not be blunt with him if she didn't have to.While she would be direct,there was no need for her to be...brash with any heavier stuff she knew the captain would want her to pay on him."Um...okay...uh..." She stammered awkwardly after Adair spoke,trying to think of what she should say."Bonjour,je serai traduis depuis que jensuis or seul qui peut parler français," she told him,looking towards the captain afterwards."What do you want me to say?" She asked him,giving a shrug.The only thing she could come up with right then was telling him that she would be the translator,which she already did."I don't exactly know your plans here and I can't read mind," she added swiftly.

"You assume much to think I have no morals. I do, they just are a bit more... lenient, perhaps, then your own." He smiled mischievously. He rested his hands behind his head, appreciating their little conversation. "Worry not, my dear. I will tell you what to say to him, but I want him to squirm a bit. Let him see the skulls all around. Appreciate that he still lives. You, my lady, may not be a liar, but I have no such guarantees from him."

He leaned forward and reach behind him, removing a silver hilted blade from his belt. He placed the sharpened tip on the wooden table, standing it up with his thumb on the opposite end. With his other hand, he turned the blade slowly, the sunlight reflecting off it as it caught the rays. His attention went from the blade to the nervous beady eyes of the French man that sat opposite him, the subtle threat no doubt caught by the simple, little man.

"Tell him I am Captain Adair Connor, leader on this ship. Also tell him that his cooperation is strongly recommended, though I imagine he is aware of that already. And start off by getting some basic information from him, like his name, his rank on his previous vessel, the name of said ship and captain." Such information was expected of anyone on board someone else's vessel. The French man should have understood he was a prisoner for the moment, and his cooperation either led to his freedom, or becoming a meaty snack for the carnivorous sea creatures in the water below. Adair had no patience to deal with beating around the bush or double talk. Straight answers were this man's best chance at leaving unscathed. The captain's eyes tuned onto the girl, awaiting her translation.

"No kidding," Marley spat at him with a disgusted look on her face,knowing there were probably no similarities in their morals.Or there were similarities and she just didn't want to admit it.Either way,she was different than him and she planned to keep it that way.She also planned to keep his morals in check,to put it that way.His next statement blew up her plan to be...gentler on how she put things to the Frenchman.However,in the end,it would have ended up that way anyways,so what could she do?Just do as the captain said in this case,since it wasn't worth it backfiring on her.The circumstances seemed too high to risk not reaching the captain's most likely lofty expectations."Fine..." She ground out,watching as he pulled out his blade.

Marley raised an eyebrow ever so slightly as she watched the blade and the hand controlling it.Even if it wasn't an action towards her,she felt a few chills run through her body,causing her spine to shiver just a bit.Her hazel gaze turned its attention to the shipwrecked sailor beside her,wondering what was running through his head.It made her flash back to just a little while ago when Adair's threatening attention was on her.Those eyes sizing her up,his hands a lethal weapon...while it was different in a woman's mind than a man's,she figured he had to be feeling something similar to her nerves.His life could be at risk,and indeed she,at least,believed it was.Now what she said seemed more critical to her and it was a good thing she had a talented grasp on the language because turning a word like "cooperate" to "pickle" really wouldn't be too good.

When Adair began to tell Marley what to relay to the man,she looked over at him and gave a nod afterwards.Clearing her throat slightly nervously,she looked back at the man and began,"Tout d'abord,je vous recommande d'être sincère dans tout ce que vous dites,car il peut we retourner plus vite que vous ne le pensez." Good start, she thought to herself before continuing,"Cela étant dit...vous êtes à bord du Demandeur d' Fortune el l'homme en face de vous est le Capitaine Adair Conner,le leader de ce navire." She watched the man for a moment,taking a breath for herself.Then,she went on,hoping the man was paying attention,but she was positive he was,"Qu'est-ce navire êtes-vous et quel était votre grade?Qui était or capitaine?"

Marley waited a minute or two for a reply,rather curious to hear it herself.When he spoke,she realized his voice was a lot more gruff than she thought it was and she hoped she wouldn't miss anything."Mon capitaine?Il était le Capitaine Aillard Bouvier.Le navire était la Lionne,un petit navire.Je était juste in matelot," he answered,unable to decide who he should look at,the captain or Marley.She,however,looked right at the captain as she translated what the man said,"His captain was Captain Aillard Buvier and the ship was 'la Lionne',meaning 'the Lioness'.It apparently was a small ship.He was a deckhand." She raised an eyebrow,wondering what she was to say next.

(I hope it's okay I played Frenchie for a bit xD .)

(It's perfectly fine; I find the language captivating, even in written form. And like Captain Adair, I understood most of the french man's reply at the end there, at least. :D Showing off your french skills, I see. :P )

"Captain Bouvier..." Adair muttered to himself, recalling the name. Bouvier was a well known ship captain, a relic of an era gone by. In his prime, he was a feared commander and skilled strategist, but in his later years he took to more 'honest' work, being unable to keep up with the ranks of ambitious, young, blood-thirsty captains that were popping up. Eventually he became the captain of trader ships, transporting goods from Europe to and from America and the Caribbean. Having been a pirate in an earlier life, he knew the tricks of the trade, and had been fairly successful at avoiding the pirate threat to his cargo ships. He'd retired by the time Adair became a pirate himself, but his mentor spoke fondly of Bouvier, a surprise, because pirates rarely spoke fondly of other pirates ever. A shame that it perhaps was pirates themselves that led to what may have been his demise.

"I guess you couldn't avoid us this time, dear old friend." Adair muttered to himself. He stood up and took the knife in his hand, tossing it in the air with a flick of the wrist, the blade spinning wildly before falling back into his palm, blade out. It was a risky maneuver that could cut your hand if you weren't careful, but Adair had a flair for theatrics. "Okay, my translator, ask him if Bouvier is still alive, and what befell the ship to leave him riding a piece of debris from it onto our fortunate path. And of the contents of that chest we discovered with him. My boys will open it at my command regardless, but I want to see if he tells the truth in this case."

He smiled a toothy grin, winking at the girl whose name was still a mystery to him. She would soften up to him eventually, he was not a person to give up. You didn't become a captain without dutiful perseverance and a barrel-full of confidence, a smattering of charm, and a bit of luck. Much like courting a woman it was, and he had success there as well. 'Only a matter of time, deary.' He assured himself with misplaced conviction. 'You'll warm up to me just yet.'

(Actually...I have a translator app xD * burning cheeks *.I can't speak French,but I want to learn it really badly.I can speak enough of Spanish to carry on a conversation [which is good because of my wanting to do something with horse racing],but only simple French words.I do speak a little Chinese ,though,but that's of no help to me here :P .)

Marley's confusion turned to curiosity as she heard the captain mutter the things he did.Captain Bouvier must be a well known name...or Adair must have a lot of knowledge on things most people would not know or care to know about.Either way,whoever Captain Bouvier was seemed an interest catcher to her.Her gaze studied the captain's face,his features,trying to get a clue to the mystery of this captain.However,it gave her not a single idea to the person in question and soon enough she found herself watching a blade travel dangerously in the air,threatening to slice anything that came in it's path.Her eyebrow raised again,wondering if Adair would catch it or if he would pay the price for his choice.She wasn't sure what she wanted to see,him get cut up or go on unscathed.She was not a sadist,but she would like him to get a taste of his own medicine for once.Perhaps it would change him a bit.As the knife came down,she watched as he caught it.He might think he's invincible,this one, she thought before he spoke to her again.

Okay,my little translator...ask him this,my little translator... Marley thought with a roll of her eyes,crossing her arms over her chest and looking towards the man again,turning in her chair slightly so she didn't have to turn her head as much."Très bien,ce qui est arrivé à bord du navire?" She asked as she raised her eyebrow again for what felt like the hundredth time in the last half hour.The man paused for a moment before replying,"Nous avons couru dans in équipage de pirates,un peu comme vous,et le résultat final a été la disparition de la Lionne." Then Miss Translator looked over at Adair and said blandly,"A group of pirates destroyed the ship." Of course she was paraphrasing.Like she felt like repeating everything word for word.If he wanted it word for word,he could ask for it to be delivered in that way.After that,she looked back at the man and stated firmly,"Et je me suis pas une partie d'être eux." At his look of confusion,she added,"C'est compliqué."

After giving a moment for the new news to sink in to the captain,Marley continued with the second question,"Et quel est le sort de votre capitaine?" The question seemed to hit the man hard and he sat there for some time just staring at the ground.Finally,he shook his head somberly and said quietly,"Il est mort protégeant son navire..." Marley sighed quietly,knowing that was coming.With a shake of her head,she looked back at Adair and said in a respectful way,for the man's sake,"Captain Bouvier did not survive the encounter."

Then Marley finally asked,"Ce qui est dans le poitrine?" This even she couldn't wait to find out.What could it be?It could be anything but an elephant."Juste burns précis us de Capotaine Bouvier.Les chooses qui était to spécial pour lui," he replied with a shrug.Turning once again to Captain Conner,she informed him,"According to him,just Captain Bouvier's most prized belongings...which could be anything."

(@Bullet I had to add the last paragraph!I forgot about the chest's contents xD .)

(ahh, I've been bamboozled! And here I was impressed with your mastery of the french language. :P )

Captain Connor paced perpendicular to his two prisoners, the Frenchman and the girl, his eyes focused as he intently received the man's replies through her. She offered terse feedback, dripping with disdain for the captain. He found it humorous, if anything; he never expected anyone to like him, least of all a kidnapped individual. He'd allow her to sneer and huff all she wanted, but it was not going to change her situation. He intently absorbed her replies, dwelling on each with careful consideration.

'Bouvier is dead, a capable man even in his old age. He would not have gone down easy. But this is odd work for pirates. Destroying the ship was a desperation move, not when it could be captured and returned to an illegal port for dismantling. The wood itself was valuable enough, and the sails and metal chains, even the anchor of a trade ship, could be sold or used for repairs. Whoever attacked that ship was in it for revenge, I could only imagine. Unless something other than a pirate ship attacked it..." His mind pondered the situation. It was likely that whatever vessel and crew that did this could still be in the nearby waters, and he was not in a good position to do battle with a more nimble ship. His best course of action was to head to the Hidden Pearl and unload, finding out what the chest contained in the safety of the cove.

"Stokey!" Adair suddenly arose with a shout, the lumbering man appearing shortly. "Give word to Songo to continue on to the Hidden Pearl." He commanded. "Return immediately, and transfer our new prisoner here to suitable quarters in the cages." He smiled devilishly. He took the knife in his hand and pointed in the direction of the woman. "You, my dear, you will be coming with me now." He motioned her to follow, no longer requiring an extra pair of hands to keep watch on her. They made their way through the galley, back to the ladder that lead to the deck. As they walked, he conversed. "You've proven yourself to be useful, girl. I tire of not knowing what to refer to you by, so I hope you can tell me your name. I'm sure it will make things easier for the both of us, my dear."

(Hahaha!I could've said I knew it,but I would have felt guilty,haha!Maybe I'll learn how to speak it with this RP :P .)

Marley watched as he paced back and forth,obviously pondering over the information she provided him.I wonder if he believes me, she thought as she allowed herself to relax slightly in her chair,not too comfortable with sitting as ramrod straight as she had been.She seen no need to be on high alert right then.The captain seemed more focused on the man sitting to her right than he was on her.It was a relief,really,to not have his eyes focused intently on her.She wondered how he was taking her rather sharp tongue towards him.It didn't seem to bother him at all,which bugged her,but at least he wasn't stopping her from doing it.It was her only enjoyment in life now.If she could even call it enjoyment since he always had a way to transform it into annoyance for her.That smirk...oh,how it disgusted her.It got under her skin and made her want to peel it off,one piece at a time.

When the captain suddenly called on Stokey again,Marley jumped slightly from the suddenness of Adair's speaking,not expecting his next statement to be so commanding.With a sigh,she shook her black topped head gently at herself.If only she could truly relax,but she couldn't and she wasn't sure she ever would be able to again.Not knowing what Adair's intentions could be.Hidden Pearl?What could that be? she wondered,becoming curious again.She couldn't help but be curious with mysteries like these afloat on the sea,even if she couldn't understand how she could manage it in her situation.The devilish look on the captain's face as he gave orders for the Frenchman's case caused her to shiver slightly.What a sadist, she thought right before he pointed the knife at her.As she did,she narrowed her eyes at him,not wanting to find out what he was planning for her.She wasn't sure whether to be relieved or worried that he wanted her to go with him...no,worried was the case.He hadn't finished his original plans yet.However,she was glad he didn't have some brawny,disgusting man giving her...motivation to follow him.So,she shoved her hands in the back pockets of her shorts and started after him,eyes glaring daggers in the back of his head,wishing they were real daggers.

Marley softened her look a bit at his next statement,hoping that meant good things for her,such as him not bugging her all of the time and maybe some extra freedoms.She knew,though,that if she was ever to be allowed off the ship,she wouldn't be left alone.They couldn't risk that.Really,though,how would she manage if she was in some foreign place.Granted,she could probably communicate with them,but how could she get back to her family?It'd be pretty difficult,especially if they were really far apart."Marley...I'm Marley..." She answered,her voice surprisingly soft and quiet,her gaze momentarily focused on the ground."Marley Oaken," she added in a stronger tone,looking back up at him."I suppose I'm supposed to address you as 'captain'?" She asked,sounding more like a statement than a question since she was pretty sure she was right.If he did want more out of her,such as "sir" or "master",he'd have to do some very good convincing.

(Was driving home much of yesterday, and when I got home, the site had been shut down because of the DDOS attacks. -__- Hopefully, I won't be delayed any longer.)

"Marley..." The captain repeated, his grin once again plastered on his face. "Very well, I shall refer to you as Marley, though I make no guarantees for my crew. Though, preferably, you will remain close to me. I don't care to risk a valuable asset such as yourself to my men." They arrived at the end of the hallway, the ladder that led up to the deck greeting them. The latch above lied open, so he offered her to go ahead first, though because he was a gentleman or a lecherous cretin hoping to stare at her backside as she ascended was unclear. Once on deck, the familiar Jamaican drawl of Songo called to Adair below.

"Cap'n, we be on track to da Dead Man's Bones, sir. Dey are up ahead." Adair craned his neck around before his body had a chance to follow suit. In the distance, ivory white rock formations jutted out of the ocean like the fingers of the skeleton of a long dead giant of the depths. They were a treacherous thing; many a ship had found its end by the hand of the uprising earth, the remains now sitting on the ocean floor beneath the turbulent waters. The rock formations expanded the more among them you found yourself, eventually becoming one with the isle of Cometa. A wild, unexplored mess of a place, with the thick brush and hazardous cliff faces making it near inhospitable for man, and yet, the ship cut through the waters directly towards it.

Adair laughed aloud. It was an adventure every time for the captain, navigating the perilous avenues against the will of the churning waters. Adair sauntered over to the stairs that led up to where Songo stood at the helm. "You may want to find someplace where you can grab something, deary. Things are about to get a bit... shaky." He advised, placing his hands on the railing overlooking the deck. With a shout, he rallied the crew's attention.

"Alright you mangy dogs, we come upon the Dead Man's Bones! You know the drill: sails up, everything tied down, and if I dare see one of you mutts not manning an oar by the time we arrive, I'll toss you off the ship myself!" The crew scrambled without delay like ants on a disturbed ant mound. Men scaled the nets and ropes, securing the top sails and main sails to the yards, while others transported what they could below deck. Once finished, they scurried below to the hold. From the sides of the ships, oars shout out like wings, dipping into the waters.

Adair stood beside his first mate and placed a hand on his shoulder. Without question, he stood to the side, allowing Adair ownership of the wheel. "Now don't look at me like that, Marley. What kind of captain would I be if I couldn't steer my own ship? Besides, I can't trust anyone else, even Songo here, to take the Fortune Seeker through in one piece." Songo retired to a horn-like instrument that extended downwards through the wood planks of the deck. The tube ran all the way to the ship's hold, ending in another expanded opening. With as clear a voice he could muster, Songo barked through the tube. "Oars up, and hold!" The sound bounced through the metal tube and out through the opposite end, echoing throughout the area where the rower's sat. Immediately, the oars emerged from the water and remained erect out of the side of the ship. The vessel cut through the water, slowing as it approached a gap in the massive rocks. Adair's eyes sharpened, his attention focused on the feel of the water, the gusts of the winds, and the sway of the ship. With a quick flick of the wheel, the ship gently began to turn.

"Oar's down! Row!" With that, the oars dropped and pushed against the waters, propelling the ship forward into the narrow water between the cliffs.

(That's okay :) .I had a heartattack because I lost everything since December 14th because of it,but then it suddenly came back xD .)

Marley sighed and rolled her eyes.Just what she had dreamed of all her life,being stuck on a ship with a bunch of perverts with no self control.Her only "safe" option was not much better and it was one of those cases where she was stuck between a rock and a hard place.However,being closer to only one person with questionable motives was better than being closer to a bunch of them."Yeah,well,keep yourself to yourself if you want to get any help out of me," she warned him as her expression narrowed to match her tone.Even if he couldn't see her face as he was walking,she felt better that she accompanied her statement with the look.Her looks could kill if they could.In this case she wished they could.One problem would be down...but then it would spawn many more.Everything seemed lose lose for her right then."Why,thank you,you're too kind," she said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes before she started up the ladder.

When Marley was greeted to the salty sea air as she reached the top and brought herself to her feet,she sighed quietly.Songo's voice pulled her idle gaze from the distant waves to the Jamaican man's face.She casually crossed her arms over her chest,but she raised her eyebrows in wary wonder at what he meant by "Dead Man's Bones".What in the world? she thought as her expression morphed into a confused one.Her gaze went to Adair and soon followed his to the strange formations poking out of the water.It gave her the chills even though she knew they were just some sort of earthy substance.Of course they have to make everything sound eerie, she thought as she rolled her eyes yet again.

As Adair started someplace else,Marley decided it would be best to stay nearby in the case they currently were in.So,rather boredly,not exactly excited to find out how the trip would end.Hopefully whoever would be steering the ship was skilled around this area.It looked like those formations could rip apart a ship as easily as a paper shredder tore through paper."Great,sounds like this is going to be so much fun," she stated,her voice dripping with sarcasm.Her right hand soon found the railing and she leaned against it slightly,crossing one leg over the other.At his shout,she jumped slightly,not expecting it to come.She was way too jumpy for her liking,but she had a reason to be and who could honestly blame her?

Marley's eyes widened in shock as Adair took over the wheel.So he did do something for himself around here!Her heart might stop for shock.When he spoke,she couldn't help but chuckle."Well,forgive me for thinking you don't do anything but torment people," she said as she raised an eyebrow,readjusting her position against the railing and crossing her legs the other way around,her gaze looking ahead at where they were going.After he gave the orders for the people manning the oars to row,she looked back at the captain."So...where are we heading?" She asked in a surprisingly normal tone,figuring he'd be too concentrated to give her a reply.

Adair grinned excitedly, filled with thrill as he maneuvered the ship through the perfidious waters. "Really my dear, if you were anymore uptight with that acidic tongue of yours, I could use you as a fishing pole." He relayed to her with a laugh.

The waves crashed upon the ships hull as the ship shifted in direction, Songo shouting commands to the rowers below. A looming granite giant threatened ahead, the ship appearing to journey straight into it. The oars on the starboard side plunged into the waters and held ferociously, while the port oars increased their motion, churning through the waters. With a deafening creak of the wood, the ship turned sharply, groaning of the strain. Like the preset cogs of a machine, the oars automatically resumed their arduous circular motion, righting the ship's course.

A hearty laugh escaped Adair's lips. "That's how you do it, m'lady. As far as where we are going, that is to the Hidden Pearl, though I don't intend to spoil it for you. You should be honored to see it for yourself, one of the hidden sanctuaries of our kind. Ahh, brace yourself..." The captain warned, eyes focused ahead. "This one's... a bit tricky." Songo's voice rang loud through the tube down below, and without hesitation, the oars receded into the ship. It now was urged forward by it's own captured momentum and the convulsing waves below. His eyes shifted a split second to a crag in the rock. 'There's my marker...' He counted down in his head. '3.... 2.... 1...' The wheel spun to the left revolutions before squeaking in notice that it wouldn't turn anymore. The vessel arched to the port side.

"Cap'n..." Songo's worried voice could be heard. Adair could feel the nervousness of his dear first mate, but he confidently made no motion to stop. He strained against the wheel as it tried to readjust itself, but the taut muscles in Adair's arms kept it at bay. "Cap'n!" Songo hollered.

"Don't worry, we'll make it!" Adair bellowed in reassurance. The cliff walls towered high up, the ship nearing the treacherous walls, threatening to shatter upon their stony carapace. The vessel swung into the narrow passage only barely, the ships starboard hull scraping loudly against the cliff wall. Adair swung the wheel back around to a neutral position, the sweat on his face betraying his confidence. "See? I told you we would make it, Songo. Do you not trust me?" He proclaimed with a wild smile, running his hands through his ocean misted hair.

Ahead, a calm bay contrasted with the waters they just traversed. Lush jungle dominated the opposite shoreline, while further back the cliffs wrapped around the entire area, starting and ending at the mouth of the small bay, creating a natural hidden alcove. On the eastern shoreline, wooden docks shot out into the calm waters like dark, brittle fingers, and the hint of wooden structures merging with the forest. "There we are, Marley. Behold, the safe haven for the scurvy, the abject, the despicable pirates of the Caribbean. Welcome, to the Hidden Pearl."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back