• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Cult.

"Ther, introductions have been made." Conner said, oblivious to the tone of the two. "Actually, now that you are here, Shulan. I do need some things for a Test model. Do you think you might be able to get the things I need? I got a list some where." Conner said before searching his pockets. Not finding anything, he goes back into his house, with considerably less smoke coming out, to rummage about in there.

Hmm... interesting. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her; lest I get an arrow in my back, Alice thought. All things aside, she liked this town somehow. Whilst it was not that, what she was expecting, she could imagine a comfortable stay here. But that was that- it was just a stay, a temporary checkpoint on her travels.

After a few weeks on the road, I won't even know the name of this town anymore, Alice thought again; the idea wasn't terrifying, but it did leave a bitter aftertaste in her thought tracks.

She decided to go, to leave the slightly-strange inventor and his all- too-interesting-but-possibly-dangerous friend to whatever they were going to do and began to walk back to the inn, thinking of the knives she would be picking up tommorow at the blacksmith.

Why, someone could get hurt.

She came into her room, locked the door behind her and slammed down onto the mattress, thoughts going through her head in circles.

"What do you mean by another?" Conner said as he straightned up, inspecting a piece of paper. Making a rather sour face, he crumpled it up and threw it over his shoulder. "You say it like it is a bad thing. And this is just a test model, it won't need to much." The last part was muffled a little, for some reason or another he had his head shoved inside a chest, feet nearly leaving the ground. Popping up with a smile on his face and a piece of paper tightly held in his hand, he hurries back over to Shulan. "These should be easy enough to get. I'd get them myself, but you seem much more able to get them." The list he handed her did list a few odd things, but they were nothing to far out of place.

"Well it seems like you're always tinkering with something. And judging by the small explosion earlier, it didn't go too well." She watched him as he dug around for the paper then looked at what he needed. "Thanks. I suppose I'm reliable for getting weird things."

"And who might this newcomer be?" Said Drake's mother in astonishment, "We should go give her a welcome, you two continue your chores."

The dad yawned, "Ah, you can do that but I'm staying here and sleeping." The mother walked off towards the inn, since that's where most travelers stayed, hoping she wouldn't wake her she asked the innkeeper which room it was. The inkeeper, by the way, came out to greet the dragon, one of the guardians, for respect.

Meanwhile while the mother was meeting Drake went over to the local supplies store to get some food for the dragons, on pick up. Sara, of course, was right by his side.

"What you call tinkering, I call improving." Conner told her before picking up some of the stuff that was knocked over. One of the things, a blackned piece of metal, he frowned at and put into his pocket. That was what caused the pop. If only it stayed where it was supposed to and if it would just stand up to the pressure and heat. He had something special planned for that little piece of metal, which involved a hammer, tonges, and a really hot fire.

"Alright..well, I'm gonna go find this stuff for you." She turned and stood in the doorway. "You wouldn't have happened to see Charlotte around, have you? I can't seem to keep tabs on her lately." Shulan's bow was also missing from its normal place in its sheath on her back.

"Can't say I have." Conner told her. That little girl gave him the creeps, not that he would tell anyone that. Still cleaning up the mess he made, not putting much of a dent in the clutter as a whole, Conner carefully picks up his prized invention. It looked very much like a hollowed out tube with various bits on it to make it look nice. But that was what the untrained eye saw. What Conner saw was a cannon that could launch a 1 pound ball farther than most bows could their arrows. Gingerly setting it down on his work table, a much scarred and scorched piece od oak, Conner began to inspect it for any damages. "I'm sure you'll find her. There ain't many places she could be."

"Ok. Wait..Where's my bow?" She finally noticed that it was missing and had an internal panic attack at having something that was like another limb missing. "I don't remember setting it down anywhere."

"Well, where did you have it last? Worst case, it's somewhere in this mess." Conner said as he gestured around the room. "I saw you had it when you met that Alice girl, so it couldn't have gone far."

"Jeez...she better not have stolen it." Shulan growled in irritation, trying to think of the last time she was sure she had it. "I'll have to wring her neck out."

Once again, I can't sleep, Alice thought- she was sitting on her bed, hands on her knees. It was a little past midnight, perhaps one or two o'clock in the morning. She recalled, with a small chiding laugh, how that dragon woman introduced herself- apparently her son's eagerness did come from somewhere- excited perhaps at the prospect of something new, someone new.

Alice thought nothing of the dragon- perhaps she was a bit loud, her voice a bit grating, but then again, Alice would not be spending that much longer here, so what she thought of these strange townsfolk played no important role in the long run. The only important matter, was to leave again without leaving so much of an impression.

But what the young dragon had said yesterday proved, that her presence here would easily be found out- should they come that far, of course.

She laid back down, onto her back and decided to look at a crack in the ceiling.

Satisfied that his little cannon was in working condition, Conner leaves it on the table. Now, for that little piece of metal. For a long while after, the sounds of a banging hammer, and what sounded like various drills and hammers and cussing, could be heard. No doubt Conner was releasing his frustrations on that little piece of metal.

Shulan walked out, looking for Charlotte, who was god knows where. "I swear..if she's run off again, she's gonna get it.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back