• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Cult.

Drake Makilian

Dragon of anything really.
Each of your characters lived in this small neutral town in the middle of nowhere. This town is very poor and is filled with outcasts, rejects, and, "abominations."

But one day a secret cult came in search of the dragons that had guarded that town for 30 long years, in hopes of sacrificing them to their dark god. Why only these dragons? Their blood was special, and would be the only dragon blood, the blood of these guardians, able to release him. This sacrifice would give the god a physical form in the physical realm and destroy it. They captured the dragons, leaving their children behind, and the town burned and destroyed.

Now these dragons had not only protected this village from harm, but also had brought the people together, into the community. The town originally nothing but abandoned houses until they lived there, accepting all outcasts in as their own, feeding them, providing housing, and giving advice and friendship for those who needed it. That is why when these dragons were captured, everyone that survived, was determined to help.

This roleplay start an hour before the raid to get everyone's everyday lives a chance to develop.

Playable races:

Dragons: *Max age is 15, due to most dragons would've left by then.*

Elves

Half elf (human or dwarf half.)

Human

Dwarf.

Half-dwarf. (Elf or human half.)

The reason I'm using common races is because I can't think of any other races. Everyone can do what they want with their's because it is a village of outcasts.

Map:

View attachment 64654 The dots represent capitals and the blue lines are rivers.

CREDIT TO MELODYRAIN FOR THE MAP!

--

Map is in description

--

1. No one liners and correct grammar, at least one paragraph when possible.

2. 4 dragon characters only, besides Sara

3. All RPN rules apply

4. up to 8 people max may join, 2 characters each no more!

5. More rules to be added maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drake was running through a field beside the town along with Sara who were playing, brother and sister. The nice kind. They ran around chasing each other, playing games, and generally just having fun.

But today their parents called them to do some chores around the town, the reluctantly accepted and began to go around and get some supplies. The only reason they'd be in town for that matter. First to stop at the dwarf's house, to get some engineered orders put in.

As the kids approached the Dwarf's house, the door banged open and out came the owner, a dwarf with a soot covered face and slightly singed ginger beard. at a sprint. "HIT THE DECK!" he shouted at the two, practically tackling them. There was a flash and a large pop from the house, then a lot of smoke began to billow out. Slowly raising his head, hands still over his ears, Conner observes what just happened. "That wasn't what I expected." he muttered into his beard. Slowly getting up, Conner dusts himself off and begins to walk back to his house. "So," Conner said as he opened the door, fanning the smoke out from his face, "What can I help you with."

(Curse you alert system)

Annon looked about suddenly as he heard an explosion. He was not the only one who noticed it however. Other townsfolk looked up nervous towards the house of Connor. The Pyro maniac and psychotic dwarf who always seemed to be experimenting. Annon rolled his eyes, it seemed Connor was always up to mischief. On most days Annon would have ignored it, but on this particular day, he had nothing better to do. His presence in the town had been enough to significantly cut down on crime and so, he was not currently chasing after any criminals. After all, even in this remote of a town, Rangers were known as fearsome people who were believed to dabble in black magic. None of it was true of course, however that did not stop people from gossiping.

The Ranger ghosted towards Conner's house, moving silently as all Rangers were trained to do. It was not long before he arrived at Connor's house. Seeming to appear next to the three of them he spoke quietly, asking-

"Are we up to our old mischief again Connor?"

There they were, two young kids being pinned down by Connor the experimenter. Looking traumatized almost, they just sort of lay there. The kids slowly regained their consciousness to what had happened and asked in a stuttering voice-

"We're h-here for the supplies m-mom and dad ordered." Drake said. Everyone knew these kids were raised by the guardians of this town, and who wouldn't? The guardians had brought the town together, practically babied it, and those who needed it. They catered to the townsfolk and their adopted children.

Now in his house, and occasionally coughing, Conner begins his search for the parts they needed. "Oh yes, of course! How could I forget." As he was rummaging through the assorted junk, the Ranger showed up. "'Ello, Anon. I thought you were told about what I do when you were still an apprentice. And I wouldn't say it was mischief, it was just a large pop and a bunch of smoke. You might like something like that." As he said the last sentence, Conner straightned up, held something to the light, and shouted in triumph. Waddling over to the kids, 'Never going to get used to a halfling and a dragon being siblings', he handed them the parts. "Always a pleasure to help your parents. Pay when you can and in what you can, some dragon saliva would be nice actually." Conner said, already thinking of a way to iron out the latest bug in his latest invention.

"Yes but I am looking for the cause and effect here. What cause were you working on that came out as the effect of a small explosion. I know the stuff you are into Connor. I fear it may be the death of you some day." He replied, then he turned his attention to the young ones. "Hello Children, how are you today?"

"The cause is for me to know, and it wasn't an explosion. This was a pop, not a boom. There are subtle differences between the two." Conner told Aron. He liked his secrets, Aron, well so did Conner. And if what he was trying to make finally did work, it would be worth the singed beards, just like all his other inventions he made.

Sara eyed him nervously, "What exactly would you need dragon saliva for?" They stood up and gathered up the parts.

"We're fine." Replied Drake, "But we need to do some errands now so we can't stay much longer, it sucks." They both sighed as the dwarf gave them the supplies.

"Thank you." They said in unison.

"Well, you see.." Conner was about to tell them why he needed it, but then he remembered what he said to the Ranger and decided against it. "It doesn't matter. Now go run your errands, and tell Shulan I said hello." Call it a lost cause, but Conner wanted to get to know the fairy a little bit more. She could probably get him a lot of organic stuff for his more outlandish things. Or she could get him food in case he forgot to eat, not the first time that would happen.

Taking his usual walks around town in search of images of his past every once in a while the walks would take effect so indeed he did take them everyday he had no job to do but still the living courts he occupied was very nice in his opinion so he didn't really have many things to do but walk and on occasions stop the occasional scuffle. He walks pass a house were he had heard the faint sounds of an explosion he spoke to himself in laughter "That man crazy and a danger but no one can deny his skills or atleast potential" he then notices the ranger "I still wonder if I ever was a ranger? It would make alot of since but I'm not much of an enforcer".

How...quaint, Alice had thought. She had been standing on the street for the better part of an hour now, just simply watching the people walk by- some were slow, some were quick but none worthy of note- not that much happens in the back end of nowhere, Belerie. Nonetheless, she was startled by some sort of deep rapture; it still rang through her head (well, perhaps not quite so sharp now but still reason to worry). Yet it seemed not to cause so much concern amongst these simple townfolk, and the question began to form: Why? There was a person walking down the street, who looked like they knew the answer to this question. Alice moved from her spot and began to walk.

"Excuse me, would you happen to know, what just happened?"

"You'd think people would be used to this kind of stuff by now." Conner muttered to himself as he tugged on his beard. Why do they all come this tim? Well, he did over react a little bit. Perhaps they thought his house was gone and wanted to see what was left.

"Sorry to disturb you, sir, but I arrived only last afternoon. I'm stopping over at the inn for a few days, resupplying and so on and so forth. So, if you could explain for a stranger, what that was, that would be most appreciated" Alice asked. She noticed the muttering, but decided to hold her tongue. Better to not agitate the hornet's nest now, Belerie, she thought.

Sara and Drake both shrugged and walked away, waving goodbyes to deliver the supplies to the parents. On the way to their parents they came across a new person that they'd never seen before, and decided to say hello.

"Hello, how are you today! Welcome to the town what brings you here?" Said Drake, "Not many travelers come to a town of outcasts unless they themselves are as well." Sara hid behind him not wanting to be skinned alive or something horrible like that. It was strange to see strangers here.

"That was me. Hopefully I know of a way to solve that." Conner told the human. Then he realized, this was a stranger. This wasn't a to big town, he knew most people here, and strangers were always, well, strange. "But excuse my manners. My mum would give me a good thumping if she saw that. You must be new here. Of course you are, you told me so. My name is Conner McKinley, inventor extrodinare." Conner said proudly, puffing out his chest. Then he saw that Drake and Sara stopped to llok at the stranger. "Go run your errands. The faster you get them done the more freetime you will have to ask your questions."

From nowhere, somwhere behind her, came a voice with a question. Alice turned around, and saw a young boy, perhaps next to him his sister. They do not quite look human, do they? Half-breeds? Would explain the need to have a town in the middle of nowhere, for 'outcasts'- how much do I say?

"Outcasts? You certainly do not look the type. Pardon me, where are my manners? My name is Alice Belerie"- she took a small bow- "and you are called?"

Shulan walked down the street, following the sound of the small explosion, no doubt Conner's doing. By this time she had gotten used to it, but she still had to go see just what the heck had happened.

But by the time she had arrived, she noticed the new person and instinctively gripped her bow tighter, unsure of who they were, or if they were dangerous.

"Inventor extraordinaire? How is it, I have never heard of you, Mr. McKinley?" Alice asked, in aside almost, one eye still on the children. The boy seemed to think his answer through, the girl still silent in the background.

And in that moment, Alice felt eyes on her, piercing through the back of her head. Hmm, not even five minutes into conversation and already someone is on alert.

"Conner, Mr. McKinlry is my dad." Conner said. But his bubble of pride was quickly popped when she said she hadn't heard of him. "Oh, well, you see..." Conner fumbled for the words. He was saved from having to answer when he saw Shulan. "Hello, Shulan. We got somebody from the outside here. By the way, I never got your name."

"Yes sir McKinley" Drake said. They hurried off to their chores and to their parents.

"Who was that?" Asked Sara, "A dragon slayer?"

"Hopefully not." The two of them were concerned and instead of finishing rushed straight home to tell their parents about this newcomer.

"Alice Belerie," she answered Connor. She observed the woman, who had just arrived- not bad in shape or form, Alice had to admit; what was more concerning was the slight twitching of this "Shulan's" hand for the bow on her back. Alice smiled- one can never go wrong with a smile, just don't stretch it too long, Belerie.

Shulan walked over, being found out by Conner. "I see that you've made your introductions with this new person, Conner. Just like you to be friendly, huh?" She said with a pleasant tone, until she turned to Alice. "I suppose this means I have to introduce myself to you?" Her tone changed to something a little nastier and less friendly.

Alice noticed the change in tone. I've made friends already, it would seem; tread carefully, ye who dare to speak, lest an arrow be shot into your head. She looked at "Shulan", trying to decide whether to answer the question or not, and in which way? Her mind made up, Alice opened her mouth and said. "Well, yes, that would be awfully nice of you, Shulan," Alice emphasised the name. She smiled again- with a litte bit of conceit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back