• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Cop and The Girl

Luna giggled with delight as she spun through the air, and as she did, Raf was officially the best person ever.

"Yay!" She said, happy to finally leave the mean people who had kept her. She said bye to her 'friends' and stuck her tongue at the main bullies.

Rafael got a kick out of Luna sticking it to the bullies. It’s the kind of thing he always wished he could do to his old bullies.

As he and Luna walked away, he turned to her and said, a little nervous, “I hope you don’t mind riding on the back of a motorcycle....” but he was quick to add, “It’s okay if you are! We can take Marlon’s car instead, if you’d rather!”

She shook her head with a goofy grin. "That's fine, I always wanted to know ..... I always wanted to motorcycle." She finished, not able to find the words she was looking for. She looked at him again, just happy that he was there.

She looked around for the motorcycle in question, wondering if it had really cool flames or highlights on it.

“Well that’s awesome! ‘Cause this one here’s my bike.” Then he realized that Luna would need to hold on. “To keep Geoffrey safe, let’s let him ride in my bag.” He opened his bag.

The bike was a black Kawasaki Z1000, with a custom fairing that made it look a little futuristic. The bike’s detailing included a police badge, and a dozen symbols in a row. Each symbol was a circle with a line running through it...

Rafael lifted Luna onto to the seat behind where he’d sit, then got on. The engine roared to life, and Raf turned back to address Luna. “Hold on tight!”

She gazed at the motorcycle, it looked so cool! "Wow..that's awesome!" She said while he hoisted her up. She gladly hugged him from behind, happy to be close.

Hey heart pounded with anticipation, and just a drop of fear, she had never done this, but it had to be safe of Raf was letting her do it. Her smile was wide.

With a hum that quickly turned into a roar, they were off. Rafael enjoyed having a passenger ride behind him.

Their first stop was Luna's old orphanage. Though he felt bad about taking her back here, even if just for a minute, he wanted her to have as smooth of a transition as possible. So he let her down from the bike, and offered his hand as he prepared to walk with her. "Ready to say bye to this place and get your stuff?" He asked, beaming.

While riding Luna felt like a superhero. Im as fast as the flash!!! She thought, some of the children talked about hero's and she saw a cartoon with him once.

Once they arrived she sheepishly stared down until Raf offered his hand. She took it happily, she didn't want to go in, but once he phrased it the way he did, she looked forward to it. "Yeah" She said nodding.

It brought a smile to Raf's face to see that Luna enjoyed the ride. He was also glad that he was able to provide some comfort by offering his hand.
When they got inside, he spoke with a worker, and when he was done talking to her, he turned to Luna.

"All right! Looks like we're cleared for take off. Wanna show me where you used to stay, so we can take your stuff home?" He was quite curious to the the conditions in which she lived.

she normally would've felt nervous to go back in her room but she felt invincible holding Raf's hand. "Sure" She said nodding and walking ahead, still holding his hand.

Once they arrived at her room they could see a dirty dusty room complete with four beds and a poster of hello kitty on one side. "This is my bed." She said pointing to the only bed that wasn't made. Three pillows and a blanket and sheet sat on it, all looking faded and ready to tear at the drop of a hat. She got the three pillows and held them up.

"This is my stuff."

Rafael's heart sunk for her immediately. Luna had been living in these conditions? She deserved so much more, he thought.

He took the pillows from her and nodded, smiling. "We'll keep these safe in my bike's storage compartment."

"You're gonna have a room all to yourself, now!" He said it with conviction, like he was righting a past injustice. "And you can decorate it however you want."

She looked at him with reverence. Raf didn't seem capable of anything other than being the coolest, and nicest and best person she ever met. "My own room?" She asked, as if this was something brand new, she had ever heard of.

"Yeah, your own room!" He said, happily helping her carry the few pillows that she owned. "With your own stuff, decorated however you'd like."

The room he had in mind needed some work - it used to be a plain old home office. It needed a new coat of paint and some furniture. But maybe that would be fun for Luna. "And you're gonna get to pick the color of the walls! What do you think you'd like?"

She automatically knew the answer, as any little girl would. "Purple!" She said excitedly, pictures of her dream room soon filing through her mind.
She was now visibly bouncing, as they walked she had a skip in her step.

It was so cute how she bounced and skipped. Though he was nervous as to how his mother would recieve a new addition to the family, that warm feeling in his heart told him that he was doing the right thing.

"Purple it is, then!" He cheered, then pointed to her. "Like one of your eyes! Nice!"

He secured her belongings on his bike, "If ya like paint, you can help me paint your room! It'll be fun!"

"Ready to ride?" He offered her his helmet for safety. "I can't wait to show you your new home!"

She smiled wide as she mentioned her eye in a positive light instead of mocking it, unlike everyone else besides steven.

"I've never painted before, do you suppose ill be any good at it?" She asked.

However as they got to the motorcycle she got excited again and took the helmet with some reverence. "But.. won't your head be in danger if you don't wear this?

"I'm sure you'll be great at painting!" He cheered. "As long as you don't mind getting a little messy, it's kinda fun. I'll have old stuff you can wear."

"Awwww, that's so sweet of you to care." Rafael said, surprised that someone thought of his safety. "I'll be okay!" He tapped her head playfully. "We gotta protect that noggin, and all those dreams in there, too!"

"It's kind of a long ride home," he said as he fidgeted with the bike's radio. "What kind of music do you like?"

"Ok.." She said putting the helmet on, feeling rather cool for it. She looked up to him, still so happy that he was going to be her parent.

"I don't really know, I don't listen to music often." She said,trying to rack her brain for stuff she liked. "The other kids liked to listen to weird music that sounded more like talking than singing."

"Ohh, like rap music?" Rafael asked, head tilted. "It's not really my kinda thing, but to each their own, right?" He said shrugging with a bemused grin.

As he fussed with her helmet a bit, making sure it was on securely, he explained, "That helmet has headphones inside of it! I get tired of hearing the vrooom vrooom noises all the time. Sometimes it hurts my ears a little."

With both of them prepped to ride, he got out his phone and picked a playlist. "Well, let's see if you like this! It's music from movies. It always makes me feel like a hero when I listen to it."

Their motorcycle ride through the countryside would be accompanied by sweeping, dramatic orchestral music that always made him feel like a superhero or secret agent. He wanted it to give Luna a sense of hope and excitement for her new life at his old family farm.

As they rode, barns, cornfields, and cows whizzed by them, along with a Christmas tree farm. Raf's property wasn't too far, but he wondered how Luna was doing back there.

Luna gazed at the country with wide eyes, she'd only seen farmland in pictures and books and stuff, but now that she saw it with her own eyes, she realized his beautiful it was. "I've never seen this much grass before.." She said, the music really adding to the effect.

Her lips spread to a smile, she was going to live here? With Raf? She was ecstatic, and suddenly any life that wasn't this one seemed like the worst thing ever. She hugged Raf's back tighter now, feeling the need to show some form of affection.

It felt nice to be hugged, and even better to give Luna a new, hopefully better life. "Oh man, if you like this grass, just wait until you see my farm! There's a pond, and a river, and a forest..." He searched his mind, and realized that he'd have to keep her away from the chickens. Birds weren't her thing, after all, and he wanted her to be comfortable. Maybe she'd like the other animals, though.

They got off at an exit in the middle of nowhere - not a single gas station or fast food joint in sight. The cornfields gave way to a forest, and they eventually turned down a tree-lined path. After a while, the forest opened up to reveal a 2 story brick house, along with a guest house and big red barn behind it. "And here we are!"

Her mind filled with images of the forests and the pond and a river, with a unicorn drinking from it! Her minds eye filled with these wondrous images as they pulled up to the house. She wondered why they had stopped until. "And here we are!"

She scanned the house, it was so...big! All the houses she say were little bity ones but this? It looked like a barn! "Wow..." Was all she could muster to say, she looked from the house to the first that surrounded then back to the house, there was even more green here than the fields, it was so pretty!

"You like it?" Rafael asked. From what he could tell, she looked enthralled. He was delighted that she liked the place, even though it was so different than the city that she had previously called home.

He helped her down off the bike, then got her stuff - including her new leopard seal plushie - out of his bag and the storage compartment of his bike, and offered his hand to her. "This is where I grew up," Raf said, proud to bring her here. "I think you'll like it here. It's beautiful in the summer. We've got homegrown strawberries and my mom has a butterfly garden, too."

Just then, as if on cue, Raf's mom came out the front door to greet them. She was a trim, gray-haired lady, nowhere near the height of her son. "Well, you must be Luna! What pretty hair you have!"

Luna took his hand, almost irreverent of the building she saw in front of her. Raf lived here? This was pretty.. just like the forest and the grass.

She smiled at the new house then someone walked out of it. "Well, you must be Luna! What pretty hair you have!" She blushed at the mention of her hair and hid her face a little.

It was Raf's mom probably...but she didn't want to say anything..she might not be like Raf..

Raf was a little worried that his mom may have inadvertently scared Luna. Biting his lip, and furrowing his brow, he had to step in. Giving her hand a gentle squeeze, Raf said, "It's okay. She's nice."

The lady knelt down beside Luna. She understood shy kids - Raf was pretty shy around strangers when he was little. "Hi there! My name's Maria. I'm Rafael's mommy. Look, I've got some silver in my hair, too!" He held up a strand of her hair beside Luna's. "So you're going to live with us now, right?" She asked with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back