• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Cop and The Girl

He held his breath for a second, hoping he wasn't making her too nervous - but it wasn't something he thought he should bring up in front of a bunch of other kids. Soon enough, they got to the front of the line - and the candyman handed her a fun-size Snickers bar. All Rafael got was a shrug from him. "Kids only, sorry." For once, Raf wanted to reveal his age and admit that he was technically a minor, but really, what's the point?

He led Luna over to a short brick wall, where they could get away from the crowd. "So, Luna, I was talking to your friend, Steven..." He kept his voice quiet and gentle.

"Steven tells me that you live at the orphanage. Do you like living there?"

Lune looked at the ground. "Well. it's better than living on the street." She said, only half-answering the question. "I have a bed and food." She rubbed her arm.
(Sorry about tha length.)

"Would you like to have a family to live with?" Rafael took her hand, and tried to meet her gaze. "Because I think we can do that for you..."

Those words just slipped out, and it terrified him. He didn't want to make any commitments he couldn't keep, but he had to do something.

(No worries!)

She looked up to him, her eyes shining with hope, and disbelief. "A....a nice family?" She asked, no family she had been part of had ever been nice... but Raf seemed nice. He wouldn't hurt her would he?

"Yeah, a nice family! Maybe with me and my mum?" he offered. "I'll have to talk to my mum about it, but we have an extra bedroom..."

Her eyes shone brighter than the sun. "W...with you? And a.. mommy?" She simply didn't believe it... no one had ever been that nice. "W...why?"

"Yeah! I'll be your... Dad?" He laughed, hardly believing what he was saying.

He gestured to his badge. "I'm supposed to protect and serve, and... Well... I can't bear to let kid go without a home for Christmas." He shrugged a little at her question, smiling. "I'll see how soon we can get you out of there."

Her eyes welled with tears, and she couldn't hold them back. Tears burst forth as she started to choke. "Th...th...th..thank you" She said hugging him again, burying her face into his side.

When she hugged him, crying, his anxieties melted away - he knew he'd made the right decision.

At that point, Raf's friend and police partner walked up to them, curious about the silver-haired girl crying into Rafael's side. He was a thin, short fella, with black, slicked back hair and chiseled features.

"What's goin' on here? You okay, little girl?"

She was shocked by the sound another man and looked up, but settled down, he didn't look very scary. "Y..Yeah I'm ok." She said wiping her tears off and looking back to Raf. "Sorry.." She said timidly, folding her arms behind her back. "Wh...who are you?" She asked the strange man.

"I'm Marlon, Raf's friend and police partner." He didn't have to crouch much to meet her height.

"Hey Marlon," Rafael said, grinning and giving Luna a hug. "I think I'm her dad now! Whaddya say, Luna?"

Luna looked at him once more, the name dad scared her, the only experience she had with it wasn't good. She shook her head. "No.. y....you're Raf not d..daddy."

"Oh, okay? What would you like to call me, then?" Rafael asked.

Marlon was bemused, but confused by what was playing out before him. "Yeah, Raf. You've never even... Done anything that could make you a dad." he chuckled, hoping the euphemism evaded Luna.

The juke flew over her head. "You're Raf." She said almost stubbornly. The easy she said it though, sound like it was the greatest compliment that could be given, and to her it nearly was.

He laughed. "Raf, it is, then!"

"So you're gonna go live with Rafael now?" Marlon asked, a little confused but smiling. He turned to his friend, "Raf, why don't you get her a stuffed animal to commemorate this? I'm sure there's one she'll like in the gift shop."

She smiled when Raf accepted her answer, and then looked at Marlon and nodded. "I..if that's ok.." She said, still not wanting to be a burden, but not imagining anything better either. At the mention of a stuffed animal though she got really excited, not saying anything, but obviously liking the idea.

"Sure that's okay!" Rafael cheered, taking her hand. "Let's get you a new lil' buddy!"

He and Marlon walked with her, over to the nearest gift shop. It was brimming with all sorts of soft, fluffy creatures. Lions, tigers, bears, foxes and penguins took center stage, but giraffes, hippos, and monkeys were around, too. Countless other plush creatures hid around the store, too. "Anything catch your eye, Luna?" Rafael asked.

She looked around the gift shop, wonder in her eyes, she had never been there before, and there were so. Many cute stuffed animals. She looked around a little before finding it. The single cutest stuffed animal she's ever seen. She picked it up and presented it proudly to Raf. "Isn't it cute?" She asked, holding a stuffed leopard seal.

"Heck yeah! That's awesome!" He cheered at her choice. He thought they were way cooler than penguins or polar bears. "Let's take your new buddy to the cashier, so you can take it to you new home!"

"And maybe think of a name for the lil' fella." Said Marlon, giving a wink and patting her shoulder.

"Ok!" She said gladly, holding him close to her chest. At Marlon's words she extends her arms to get a better look at him. "Hmmmm... His name is Geoffrey." She said confidently hugging him once more. She looked up at Raf and decided to hold his hand again, still holding Geoffrey with the other hand.

Rafael gladly took her hand.

"Geoffrey! Nice! I like it" He gave the seal a little head pat, then reached into his pocket to pay the cashier. "You know, at home, I have some plush penguins that he can chew on." Rafael said, chuckling.

"I bet your group's getting worried about you..." Marlon said, a little concern. "Maybe we should touch base with them?"

Luna looked a the ground. She didn't want to go back. "Yeah... I suppose so.." She said dejectedly. She held on to Raf's hand and gripped it harder than before, hoping he wouldn't make her go back. He wont make me go back... he's to nice.

"Yeah..." Rafael agreed, though he was reluctant to take her back, he needed to clear the adoption with the adults that had custody over her.

"I need to talk to the grown-ups in charge." Raf said, still holding her hand, but scratching his head with his free hand. "I can't just take you away - they need know I'm not kidnapping you." He laughed slightly.

"Alright..." She said, she knew it had to be done, but she didn't like hthe thought of returning to them, though they probably haven't even noticed her disappearing. "But I dont have to stay long do I?"

"Of course not, sweetie!" Raf said, keeping her close as they approached. "You don't have to stay with them at all."

"You can tell the other kids bye..." He stopped - then lifted her up and spun her around. "And that you've got a new place to stay now!"

When they got to the group, he approached the leader, and spoke with them about Luna. They arranged that he'd pick up her stuff at the orphanage on the way home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back