• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Contested Zone: Samuhel Fiorz Samara

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

cl0ud

• 1647729377718.png

Auriel Maza Auriel Maza

"Thank you for meeting with us, Samuhel." A deep and scruffy voice belonging to André Farias-Amorim, CEO of Cobotite Mining Corporation and Chairman of the Board of the Certain Liberty Caucus, a political action committee that funds PPN.

Carina Maia is next to speak, "The Party is very proud of the work you have been doing here in Huerados. Corando is a critical department for the Party, with just over a third of our Representatives calling it home. However, we do not even control a third of the votes here. While we have the highest concentration, our political opponents have been able to fracture our power through their own means of lobbying," she said, visibly annoyed.

"However there is nothing money cannot do," said André. "We are willing to fund your grassroots efforts here to rally numbers for the Party and curb crime in the area," he said, reaching for his checkbook on the interior of his blazer. His demeanor screamed wealth. Cobotite is the third-largest mining company in the country, producing a large amount of coal, titanium, and tin. Everything on his person was monogrammed - the custom silk handkerchief, the intricate platinum buttons with "A" sculpted into them, even the platinum cufflinks. If the small details did not catch your eye, the watch would. On his wrist sat an elegant titanium bracelet with a fluted yellow-gold bezel and a beautiful sapphire-colored dial. At the center was a diamond that reflected in the dim light of the torches around the gathering. Surely the watch was designed by Romuald Barthélemy, the famous Puicanian watchmaker. His trademark "Star of Puicy" was etched just below the six. He puffed some air out of his nose as he finished writing the check. "Here is ten-thousand dollars to get you started. Additionally, on behalf of the Cortes Concrete Corporation, you have just been promoted to CEO. You will have unlimited access to the warehouse in the East Ward here in Huerados," he said, handing you the check.

"While the Party cannot fund you directly, expect biweekly transfers of five-thousand dollars. This should pay for your personal expenses," Carina said, reaching for her pocket, bringing out a pager. "This is a two-way pager. Your Party contact has already been logged. Whenever you need anything from the Party, use this pager. The liaison, Pedro Pinheiro-Gimenes, will be in contact with you whenever you need something from us. If you have further questions, speak to Pedro. Good luck, Samuhel," she said, shaking your hand and patting you on the shoulder. André only provided a solemn nod before walking off with Carina.

Last edited:
1647749228728.png
[Huerados] - [Day 0 Evening, Day 1 Morning]​

Samuhel nodded, shaking both of their hands. He spoke not a word. After they left, he stowed the pager in his hiking backpack. Samuhel assessed the horizon, letting the golden rays of the sun touch his skin. He felt a chill down his spine. So many choices, infinite possibilities on what his next move might be. But, he needed one answer, a strategy. He knew himself to be strong, capable of dispatching criminals across the region, but they have roots. If Samuhel is to challenge them, he needs roots of his own. His followers need to sleep, eat, and drink, but they also need more to stay, to reach their full potential. The sting of poverty can hold back so many as it almost held him back, as it held Mansur back. Samuhel clenched his fist at the thought, his eyes closing and his forehead furrowing. But, to solve this issue, he needed money, or specifically, he needed income. Lúcio, Osvaldo, and Alberto's skillsets seemed lacking, at least to ensure that they could support Samuhel in a fight adequately. They need training, but years was not the time anyone had. Done with thinking, Samuhel gathered himself, covering his face with a mask.

Samuhel slowly exited the backroom of the opera house, letting his suit and masquerade mask conceal him through the crowd. Wouldn't want to attract any unwanted attention. After exiting the opera house, Sam walked through the streets until he reached the meeting place with Lúcio, Osvaldo, and Alberto. He held up a green card and they climbed down from the balcony of a residence following him. As they traveled the streets, Samuhel scanned the streets, seeing if anything caught his eye. May be useful leads later. Maybe not.

By the time the sun slipped under the rolling hills of the west, they arrived at the warehouse.

"So, this is the place?" Lúcio rolled his tongue.

Samuhel nodded, "Yes."

Samuhel walked inside with the others following soon behind, after scanning the scene. The warehouse, Samuhel held not a clue what could be in here, but he ought to check and determine if the party left him any surprises, not that he needed them. But thoughts swirled around him on what he could do with the warehouse, he remembered that he now runs a concrete company. A good start. If he could procure party followers to employ at the company, he could pay them and receive additional income from the party that they wouldn't need to risk themselves for. Questions began to build in his mind, but he wasn't ready to speak to Pedro on most things. He needed some headspace to determine exactly what he had and what to do. But, he could still contact Pedro on any leads on crime. Things take time, and maybe Sam could multi-task.

Samuhel typed vigorously on his pager, "Hello Pedro, do you have any leads on crime within Huerados? Or anyone I can speak with for those leads?" After completing the message, Samuhel sat on the floor, hanging his head. Pressed deeply with thought and gratitude.

To a new horizon.

----
Summary [TL : DR]​
Samuhel leaves the meeting with the party, gathering his followers to the warehouse. They investigate the warehouse as Samuhel thinks about what he might need, both information and otherwise. He contacts Pedro on leads on crime.

Stepping into the warehouse reveals a brightly-lit room. There is an office attached to the front with a simple desk and computer terminal. A sticky note is attached to the monitor.

username hailtheparty
password Gl0riousGr33nSt@r!

You look through the files on the computer and find "IMPORTANT CONTACT INFO." Opening the file, a list of names come down with attached phone numbers and a short description. This information has been added to your journal.

The warehouse hosts a couple palettes of cement bags and a forklift. This really was just a shell company. Osvaldo suggests that you could sell the cement bags. You have fifteen palettes and could reasonably probably get F$12,000 for the whole stock. This information has been added to your journal.

"Talk to Commissioner. Pedro sent you. Bye."

The Commissioner of Huerados has been a longtime supporter of the Party. You can find him at the Police Department in Old Town.

1647813023531.png

Samuhel investigated the computer, finding contacts before checking his pager for Pedro's response. He exited the warehouse, knowing it to be late. He dismissed his fellows and walked down the streets alone. Sleep was needed, and it was not an hour to contact the commissioner. And Samuhel rarely used his phone. He settled into bed and slept the night away.

In the morning, Samuhel let his fellows go about their business. The alarm clock beeped at 9:00 AM, and Samuhel gave a yawn before leaped onto his feet from the bed. He raked through his hair, wrapping his hands in tape before shadow boxing on the bag. He spent an hour practicing jabs, hooks, sidekicks, and other assorted strikes before moving to his pull-up bar and exercising his upper body. He hooked his legs on the bar, crunching his core. Flipping and landing on his feet, Samuhel jogged and grabbed bread from the pantry, munching down multiple slices. Now properly drenched with sweat and breakfast satisfied, he showered, dressed; in jeans, a black tank top, and a maroon leather jacket, before exiting his residence for Old Town. He passed by those on bikes, cars, and other pedestrians. The hustle of the city invigorated him, and he stepped quickly and proudly. Shortly, he arrived at the police station, walking in softly. He approached the counter and asked the officer there, "Good morning, may I speak with Commissioner Pedroso? I am here to assist with the anti-crime effort."

The officer at the desk nodded and motioned Samuhel to follow. Strolling through the back and seeing several officers in lounges, around the drunk tank, and just doing their day-to-day, you arrive at the Commissioner's Office. Inside is a man who is balding but still has hair along the sides. He has a very thick mustache and sunken eyes. His physique is larger, but you cannot tell if it is muscle mass or fat. Stars decorate his collar, four on either side. A pin of ribbons under his nametag, "PEDROSO" betray his experience in service. He is reading a document through his reading glasses, following along the words with his pen when he looks up and greets you, setting down his glasses, "Good morning, how may I help you?" His voice is carries with a medium tone but is gruff and sounds like he has a mouthful while he's talking.

Samuhel sat down, "Good morning Commissioner Pedroso, my name is Samuhel. I am here today to assist you and your officers with the crime situation here in Huerados. Do need anyone apprehended?" He talked confidently, staying relatively still.

Pedroso laughs. "Samuhel, you are not a police officer. I appreciate your vigor, but if you would like to help the police force here in Huerados take care off the crime, your best bet is go through the Academy, get licensed, and start working in the police force like the rest of us," he said, gargling on each word.

Samuhel nodded, thinking about how he should continue the conversation. He closed his eyes and remembered the map with ELPN, "Commissioner Pedroso, the police academy is one good way to train and curb crime. But, there are things that police officers cannot do. In the uncertain time of our nation, citizens may resent authority. I simply ask a direction for where I may go to assist my fellow citizens in calming tensions and building back communal trust in this uncertain time."

Pedroso's demeanor changes, his body tenses and becomes more rigid at the mention of the EPLN. "One farmer in particular is giving us trouble. Gustavo Gomes-Cavalcanti is a maize farmer out west. He is the prime suspect of a string of arson cases against local corn farmers. Whenever we try to go to the farm to question him, though, it is a fort. He has locked himself up in that compound with all of his farmers. Gustavo's running an elaborate operation - mounted patrols, night watches, everything. Our guys are not able to get anywhere close without risking our lives," Pedroso says. "It's those damn communists inspiring all this hate in my people. Scum."

Samuhel scratched his chin, "It may be best I attempt to meet with him or those who know him, see if he has any grievances, and resolve this peacefully. He may not talk to you, but he might talk to me."

"Have your hand," Pedroso starts, "but I don't think he's going to listen to anyone except a communist."

"Then I will go and speak with him. I will return with results." With that, Samuhel respectfully left the station, to meet the farmers.

Pedroso offers you a bicycle to travel on, allowing you to make some headway on the distance to the farm. You bike for awhile without anything interesting happening. The countryside is quiet. No people, no cars- the only signs of civilizations are the fields and occasional group of buildings sown across the land like the very seeds that grow on it. Eventually, you spot a walled perimeter. Surrounding the compound are tall ears of maize, an illustrious golden color. On the westernmost side of the field is a collection of buildings with a stone wall erected around them and a watchtower. As you near the entrance, you notice the glint of sunlight reflecting off the scope of a rifle in the tower, they have been watching you. As you ride up to the wooden gate, four men are waiting outside behind concrete barricades with assault rifles.

"STOP!" one of them yells before crackle of his rifle separates the air like lightning. "What is your business here?"

Samuhel stopped as they suggested. He calmly waited a moment for them to calm down, looking around the street and fields. He held his hands and clearly, yet softly spoke. "Hello! I mean no harm. I wish to speak to Gustavo Gomes-Cavalcanti."

"On what business do you wish to speak with Gustavo?" the man replied. He was wearing a camouflage-patterned kepi with an EPLN flag sewn into it, olive fatigues, and combat boots. On his right collar a patch with crossed rifles over a four leaf clover was sewn in. His rifle was in good condition - a standard Federation service rifle. Attached to this hip was a holster filled by a handgun. He had a thick, black beard with bushy eyebrows and menacing brown eyes. On his left cheek was a variety of scars from what appeared to be scratches. Glancing over the three other men in the detail, they were all similarly adorned - EPLN attire, a primary firearm and a secondary firearm.

"I wish to speak with him on the issues with our current governance, see if I can assist in redressing his grievances. I strive for peace, and I believe it can be done."

"I simply represent the interests of the people, and everyone's interests in peace and prosperity."

"You have no business with Gustavo unless you bring a tribute. Do not come here again without a tribute or something else of value," the soldier says, shooing you off with his hand.

It was clear. Gustavo would have to be dealt with another time. Samuhel was hoping to resolve his issues peacefully, but he was not inclined to give Gustavo any "tribute". Giving him any sort of governmental legitimacy would be counterproductive. Gustavo would be a goal for another day, something to work towards. Samuhel slowly left without another word. There was nothing left to do.

What to do next?

The most logical approach seemed to improve the following of himself to start up the concrete company he has been given. The income would prove nicely and allow him to secure additional supplies and followers. Hopefully there were individuals with the skills in the city ready to hire. But, Samuhel was not picky. At the very least, he could take the unemployed and the homeless and offer them positions. Maybe he could use that 10,000 F$ check to secure the other equipment and raw materials the company would need to begin work?

Regardless, if Samuhel was to go anywhere, he needed to act and develop the parties resources in the city. So into the streets, away from Gustavo he went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back