• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Configuration - Bad Times at El Vampiro - [CLOSED]

T
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

The life and times of an aristocratic secret vampire society and their newly adopted fledglings. Shenanigans abound!
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

mothspit

ɖɛʍօռ ȶօ ֆօʍɛ, ǟռɢɛʟ ȶօ օȶɦɛʀֆ
bar.jpg

The private bar of Ajaxius Dygarian, stocked with just about every alcohol you could imagine.

This thread is meant for conversations between characters outside of the main threads. Collab posts will go here as well, or just regular conversation.
The rules are the same as the rest of the game, however please make it clear who your character is addressing in case someone else joins in.

Foyer - Office - Kitchen

The large man nodded in the proper direction and started heading that way without looking back to check if the young woman was following. Regardless of whether she followed or not, he really desired a stiff drink. Wine was good and all but… there was little comparison.

She followed behind him, it appeared that he knew where they could get some drinks and she really needed a drink. On the way over she would look at the different decorations and art in the long hallway. It was vintage, yet modern. That appeared to be the theme of the whole house and it made sense, especially if it was a house full of vampires who had to adjust every era.

Finally the two reached a pair of open double doors to what appeared to be a private bar or tavern, it looked like Hector and Lyra made it to the jackpot. Like every other part of the mansion, it was pretty damn impressive, which made Lyra walk past Hector to get a better look at the place. She eyed over the wide selection with awe. “Wow… this mansion keeps surprising me.” she’d walk behind the bar to get a closer look as she tried to decide what she wanted.

Impressive it certainly was. Even the Venezuelan had to take a step back to appreciate the wide selection of beverages they had available. This was an alcoholic's version of heaven (or hell) and Hector planned to take full advantage. The first thing he had found that he liked in this undead mansion of pompous vamps.

The man didn't hesitate, he went behind the counter, got himself a glass, and poured a double shot of neat whiskey. He set aside the wine for this and licked his lips in anticipation before slamming down the liquid fire in one gulp. Immediately, his body seemed to surge with warmth and relief. Hector visibly relaxed and one could see the wired tension ease out of his muscles with the one-size-too-small shirt he had on.

His green gaze flicked up to the young woman, “What do you want?” he grunted, throwing a thumb at the arsenal of alcohol behind him.

She tapped her chin as she looked up at the selection. “Hm…” after taking a few seconds to think she would pull out a fancy bottle of wine that had a gold label with black text and a black ace on it labeled ‘Armand di Brignac Ace Champagne’. Lyra didn’t know for sure, but the bottle made it look like it was at least a couple hundred dollars.

Lyra was very cheap when it came to her alcohol but tonight was different, she was going to live a little. She then started looking for the wine glasses but for whatever reason she couldn’t find any, no matter what cabinet she looked in. There were regular glasses, shot glasses but no wine glasses. Finally she gave up and sat down at the bar. She took a bottle opener and would proceed to open the bottle with the sound of a single pop and proceeded to to drink from the bottle.

She glugged that sucker down for what felt like a good minute, but it was most likely only a couple of seconds. Once she was done she’d set the bottle on the bar and would let out an ‘Ahh’ sound of refreshment. “That was pretty damn good.”

The boxer watched her and couldn't help but chuckle a little. It was almost like she was trying to match him in her own way. Hector poured himself a more respectable shot and drained it right after her. The stuff was strong and he had to shake the burning sensation off. He hadn't bothered to check the label to see what kind nor how old it was. That being said, he could tell it was the good stuff.

“Hell of a day. Eh Niña?”

She nodded at the question. “Oh yeah… makes me wonder what’s going to happen tomorrow. I think we’re going home with our ‘blood parents’ to live and adjust to life in this coven.” Lyra took a smaller sip from the bottle. “Do you know who turned you? I have a vampire daddy, his name is Leone.” she’d jokingly say as she gave him a shit eating grin. “He seems nice enough, a bit on the quiet side but I can deal with that.”

To her question, Hector shook his head. “I have no idea who turned me and I don’t know who my vampiro ancestor is either.” he grumbled in reply. “I'm not sure if it really matters either.”

Now, Hector did understand the joke but he just let it slide with a polite nod. He didn't exactly find it pleasant due to the fact that it would mean that he also had a “blood daddy” or mommy and Hector would literally get stabbed in an alleyway 10 times over than ever refer to someone that way. The very thought made him shudder.

“It is the same. None of us wanted to be here and none of us wanted to take a man's life today. Yet, here we are. I intend to take advantage of this….. condition.” Hector peered into the whiskey as if it was deeper than ocean rather than a shot full. Once again, its like he was looking somewhere very distant. Further than anyone could see normally, “There are some men that ruined my life, Niña. I have been hunting them down for years. To the point that my age caught up with me. Now, I have this… new body and imortalidad….. This is my chance to finally take revenge.”

With that, he slammed down the remaining liquid and shook it off once more, “At least, that's how I will look at it from today onwards. As an opportunity. You?”

“Honestly, I’m not really sure how I’m going to look at it, but I’ll admit that I’m curious and I want to learn more about this society we’re in. Makes me wonder how long this community of vampires has existed, I’m going to assume as early as the revolutionary war, perhaps even earlier if they crossed the seas from Europe.” she scratched her head before downing another swig of the champagne. “I’m not going to judge, only you know what will make you happy. I wish you the best of luck in getting those guys.” Lyra relaxed against the bar and turned her head slightly to eye the entrance, curious to see if anyone else would come in.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Last edited:
Katya spent several minutes wandering through the mansion. She told herself she was strategically mapping out the terrain, but in reality she'd been decompressing her thoughts. She distracted herself by simply walking, thinking, and observing the fancy decorations of the mansion. It was only when she somehow stumbled upon a pair of double doors when she realized she was effectively lost; she'd been so immersed in her much-needed meditation that she lost all track of where she was. Katya wasn't in the mood to complain, especially when such a luxurious sight lied just beyond those doors. Walking at a casual pace, she caught two familiar looking people in her vision, and recognized them as a pair of fellow fledgling vampires. She approached them, "Looks like we've found ourselves a haven. Hopefully I'm not intruding." She took a seat and helped herself to a respectable gulp of vodka. "Katya. You guys have names?" She figured she might as well do some networking while she had the luxury, and it wouldn't be right to stay in the presence of her new friends without even knowing their names.

Lyra shook her head. "No, not at all make yourself comfortable." she took another swig out of the bottle of champagne she was holding. "I'm Lyra." she'd point her thumb toward the older, rougher looking hispanic man. "And that's Hector. Good to meet you Katya. How've you been holding up since the 'game'?" Lyra sat up on one of the barstools and would every now and then look at the entrance to the bar, curious to see if anyone else was going to come in. She tried to remember who was missing out of their group, there was the younger man who didn't talk much, there was the Serbian girl who was with Hector and Lyra in the auditorium, and finally there was Drevis, he was about her age and he pretty much dominated the whole show. It also seemed like Katya had an interest in him, perhaps an early crush? Maybe just a companion like Hector had been to her? It was hard telling at this point, but it made Lyra curious.

"How's your friend been holding up... Drevis right? Ajax really put him on the spot, that must've been nervewracking."

Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis , shadowz1995 shadowz1995

(gonna be a short one)

Hector nodded his greeting when Lyra introduced him but whether it was age difference or just his general affinity for solitude, Hector felt like this was a conversation to not be involved in. He decided to just let the ladies talk on their own.

He grabbed the bottle he had been drinking and forsook the shot glass, "I'm going to be in the next room. The books might be able to tell us something about our new bodies." Something he was very interested in.

Hector lifted the bottle to both of them before quietly exiting the bar and heading into the library next door.

Katya grimaced when Lyra mentioned the game. "I'm still not sure what kind of twisted person would make us play such a twisted 'game'..." She considered asking about how Hector was doing; he would have taken the deaths of two innocents the hardest if he chose to bear responsibility for officially ending their lives. She took too long and didn't get the chance, as he'd left before she could come up with anything to say. She couldn't hide the anxiety in her expression as she watched him leave; he externally had an air of stoicism, but there was no way to know how he was feeling internally. There was a limit to the amount of fortitude a person could have, and maybe he was hiding his emotions behind a mask. Before she could decide whether or not to follow after him, Lyra grabbed her attention with a question. "D-Drevis?! What made you think we're friends!?" Katya lowered her voice before she could cause yet another scene. "I didn't get to talk with him too much, but I think he seemed fine. I was worried about him though, putting himself on the spot like that. He should've known that he was getting himself into trouble..."

Lyra scratched her chin and tilted her head a bit. "Hm... sounds like you don't know how you feel about him. That's understandable. After all, we just met each other what? A couple hours ago?" She wasn't sure whether or not she was good at giving advice. In the past, whenever her friends wanted advice on a problem she'd happily give it, only for her friends to do the polar opposite of what she suggested. She then wondered if it was any of her business to really suggest anything and to just let nature take it's course. Lyra grabbed her champagne bottle and took a swig. She could already feel the buzz. She wasn't exactly drunk yet, but she felt tipsy. "From what I've seen of Drevis, he seems like a good guy. He put himself in the spotlight in front of an audience of killers under one monster of a dictator. That is one gusty thing to do and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it to protect all of us, so we didn't have to have that burden." Lyra took another small swig of her drink in thought. "If I were you, I would get to know him more. Having a good companion around here might be beneficial and who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be a great friend or perhaps.. something more." she'd wink at Katya. "Seems like our more senior vampires have lives of their own, I'm sure we could too."

Sacrosanctus Sacrosanctus

Katya swirled the contents of her drink in her cup as she listened to what Lyra had to say about Drevis. If you asked her, suddenly standing up to Ajax like he did was reckless, and only a colossal idiot would even consider doing something like that. Despite this, she couldn't bring herself to disagree with what Lyra was saying; Drevis had made a bold move that almost everyone else felt uncomfortable doing, and no matter how stupid his actions seemed, they ended up being undeniably helpful in the long run. Katya lifted her drink to her lips, fully prepared to voice her agreement with what Lyra was saying...until she made her last remark. The drink slipped out of her hands, and she fumbled when trying to catch it. She ended up saving the glass, but Lyra's clothes were another story entirely; she'd spilled vodka all over her dress. "Shit! I'm so sorry!" Her eyes frantically searched for a napkin as she put her glass onto the bar. She voiced several more nearly incoherent apologies as she tried to hide her face, blushing profusely from shame and embarrassment.

Lyra stared at her dress for a good moment but all of a sudden just started laughing hysterically. She'd continue laughing as she grabbed some napkins and started cleaning herself off the best she could. "No no... it's okay. I don't care about this dress, I picked it just because I thought it looked like it would blend in with the crowd. To be honest, I'm not all that into formal wear myself." There was still a wet spot on Lyra's dress but she did what she could, considering the circumstances. Obviously the idea of Drevis potentially being a romantic partner shocked her, so Lyra moved onto a different topic. "Speaking of clothes... what are we going to be wearing after this event? You think the vampires went through our humanely possessions and got them sent to where we're staying or are we getting a new wardrobe entirely? What are we even going to be doing in this life? I owned a flower shop before coming here and I would think we would have to make a living somehow, if not to pay bills then to blend in with the rest of society." She took another drink out of her bottle. "I really hope this coven of vampires doesn't frequently have formal events like this. Never liked big fancy parties but knowing Ajax and his very expensive tastes.. it wouldn't surprise me."

Sacrosanctus Sacrosanctus

Last edited:
"You and me both, Niña. " The big man interjected as he re-entered the bar. Good to know they were both a hater of big formal parties and all of these.... quality-of-life items that vampires seemed to accumulate over the years. Maybe it was Ajax, to be fair to the other members of the undead.

Katya looked completely flustered and it worried Hector for a second before saw the wet stain on Lyra's dress. Maybe it was the alcohol but for some reason, the hispanic actually found it quite funny. A deep chuckle rumbled in throat before he lazily pointed at the stain with his bottle, "I leave for a few minutes and you already make a mess." The big man shook his head a few times, a geunine, albeit small, smile graced his lips while he made his way back over to the bar and leaned on the end of it.

The previous suspicion he had that red lady had all but melted away now that he was away from her. He didn't know what was up with her but Hector didn't like her all that much. It was clear she wasn't an enemy but she sure as hell didn't feel like a friend.

Well, regardless, Hector didn't dwell on it. It was probably another meaningless encounter (lol how wrong u r my friend). One of many he would have in the coming days, surely.

Suddenly, Hector had the urge to leave. Something.. strange.. was calling to him in the back of his mind. He looked around, trying to find it's source, but to no avail. He stood, and with a small 'excuse me,' he left the bar once again in search of this strange whisper calling out to him. It didn't sound like anything in particular-- Just a mash of words colliding with each other, compelling him to follow. He stepped into one of many vacant hallways, and there, sitting silently on one wall was.. a bookshelf. It was tall, with a strange scarcity of books. It noticeably stood out from the elegant decor of the rest of the mansion.. What was it doing here?

When Hector approached it, that's when the whispering finally stopped. As his hand grazed the old wood, the bookshelf suddenly began to topple forward. He put his hands out in an effort to stop it, but it was no use-- It only took a second for it to come crashing down on top of him with a loud bang. When it raised back up seemingly on its own, Hector had mysteriously vanished. Ever so slowly, the bookshelf began to sink into the floor, as if it had been caught in quicksand, never to be seen again...

...You have been.. BOOKSHELVED.
- Venus

Last edited by a moderator:
The door to the mansion's bar and lounge would open up, the jingling of a bell giving away his subtle and stealthy entry. He gave a tad bit of a sigh before taking off his hat. The Irishman strides up to the bar and takes a seat on one of the stools and placing hat on the bar top and took off his glasses.

There was no bartender. Odd, it would have been nice to have a chat like the cliches seen in many breakup or down on their luck movies. Nolan would shake his head, reaching over for a bottle. Dewars, one of his favorite from the isle. He pours the drink into a glass with ice. The caramel liquid giving off a relaxing glow in the warm lights of the lounge. He looks down at the drink. It was a reminder of home. Although, it was also a reminder of struggles, but it was still a bit of a comfort. He takes a quick shot, closing his eyes momentarily as it had been a few weeks since his last hard drink. He sighs. Examining the room, the newly indoctrinated vampire notices another, a woman. He smiles and gives a nod, cleaning off his glasses with a napkin before placing them back on his head.

SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

Just as Katya's embarrassment was growing to near intolerable levels and she was about to desperately start searching for an excuse to leave, Lyra gracefully changed the subject, causing relief to wash over her to the point where she visibly relaxed. She gave a speculative frown at Lyra's questions. "There's no way of knowing what will happen next, but one thing is clear: I'm pretty sure these vampires won't let us return to our regular lives or families anytime soon. Their actions so far have been...discreet. There has got to be a reason why they held us captive for so long, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were erasing our presence in society. They might have even gone so far as to hunt our families down..." A sobering thought. Katya hadn't considered something like that beforehand, but now that she had she regretted it. She sighed when Lyra mentioned the formality of this event. "Yeah, I don't get it. I couldn't possibly comprehend that man's motives. And I say 'man'...I'll never get used to that fact. We're surrounded by mythical creatures. There are monsters all around us, and we're one of them... I just hope we won't be forced to kill more people." Anger flashed in her eyes as Katya suddenly remembered something. "In any case, what's the deal with you and Ajax? You're getting flirty. Do you even realize what he's doing to you? That's the kind of person that will treat you like property. There's no way you don't realize how dumb it is to actually respond to him."

Lyra grew pale as Katya mentioned the possibility that they hunted everyone's families down. She sighed. "Yeah.. I wouldn't put it past them. Luckily my family was fairly small, the only person in my family left was my dad, my mother died from cancer." she frowned. "I really hope you're incorrect but... I guess in a sick, twisted way I'm glad he would be the one that dies. At this point I think death might be better than dealing with what we're dealing with." She continued to listen to Katya. "Oh, yeah I know. There's no way I'd actually fall for the guy, he's handsome yes, but he has very little to be desired for beyond that. On stage, I noticed that Ajax has two weaknesses, he loves when his ego is stroked and he loves feminine, damsel in distress types, that's why he was so willing to let you watch the game instead of take part in it. Clearly Ajax is in control of this whole vampire cult so I figured if I could manipulate him into thinking that I genuinely liked him, as sick as that sounds, then maybe I and by extension, all the newbloods would have favor in this and have a higher likelihood of survival. At least that's what I was thinking when we were on stage."

Lyra quickly noticed the man walk in since the door was pretty noisy when it opened. As he began to serve himself at the bar she glanced down at the champagne bottle she was drinking out of... she drank half of it's contents. Her eyes widened in surprise and set the bottle back on the bar, it wasn't smart to drink anymore than she already had. When the new guy smiled at her, Lyra managed to give him a drunken half smile. "Hello." she tilted her head as she tried to remember if she saw that guy in the foyer. "... I don't believe I saw you in the foyer when the show ended." At this point Lyra was a little cautious, most likely this guy was another member of the Configuration, there was no way he could be another newblood... he would've been at the game with them, right?

Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis Drakenbane Drakenbane

Nolan took another drink before refilling his glass. It was good to have a brand that brought at least some good memories. He looked over to the woman who had asked the question. What show was she talking about? "Show? No, lass, I had not been to any show. I had only just arrived." He takes another sip. "I only just arrived less than an hour ago. Was it a good show?"

What did she mean by a show? Granted, Nolan had only been in the Foyer and the single private room to change, but he saw nothing that showed signs of a performance. That was unfortunate. He had always enjoyed seeing theatrics on television as a kid, or hearing stories of plays and operas. Oh well, maybe next time. He looks at the amber liquid in his highball glass before setting it down. "Nolan McDurmot, ma'am. And you are?"

After what had seemed like the beginning of a rather pleasant evening for Tess, one that she definitely deserved after literally being dumped in a ditch with half her throat missing just to find herself in the company of bloodsuckers, their flirtatious back and forth suddenly stopped. Wiping that wide, toothy grin right off Tess' face as her thin lips assumed the form of a stiff line where once pearly white ivories were bared, all color seemingly fading from her already pale visage.

"Uh...Wait a...." Tess tried to reply to Gwen requesting that she'd leave, whatever compliment that could've made it less of a bitter pill to swallow seemingly falling on deaf ears as the fledgling vampire's fingernails dug into her chair's armrests in a display of sudden confusion.

"Did I say something wrong or anything?..." Tess would mumble under her breath, dark eyes fixated on Gwen as they followed even the smallest move she made, as if trying to decipher what might have caused that sweetest treat to turn to ashes in her mouth.

But it looked like there was no answer to be found in intently examining every detail of the woman whose presence had promised her a night of delightful surprises.

Instead Gwen seemed to continue in making excuses why she could not pursue this path with the sharply dressed fledgling vampire, going as far as to warn Tess that whatever her maker might have in store for her might cause her many regrets down the line.
The first of which was her allying herself with that magpie of a vampire causing her to seemingly ruin her chances of getting to know Gwen more intimately. Instead leaving Tess with not just a soured mood but also way more questions than answers, no like there would be any satisfying ones for those she had anyway.

Slowly rising to her feet and straightening her lanky form, Tess would remain standing there for what seemed like an eternity, dark eyes resting on Gwen's turned back as she gritted her teeth, feeling sharp fangs scrape against one another as the pressure felt as if they'd cause her perfect porcelain teeth to shatter into a million pieces.

If it was under any other circumstances Tess would have raised her voice, would've started that nigh-endless assault of words just flowing from her lips like a cascading waterfall...
But not on this night, no. Instead of opposition and anger she felt something else tug on her heart and make it sink down to her stomach, leaving an unpleasant feeling she knew could only be drowned with loads and loads of booze, if anything.

Exhaling deeply, Tess would let her fingers run through her messy dark hair as she'd slowly turn towards the door, her shined shoes scraping over the cold floor as the room's temperature seemed to drop several degrees.

"No. Feels like I should be the one to apologize." Tess would mutter under her breath before turning to leave, glaring back one last time as she made her way out into the hallway as the merry sound of the foyer did little to make her feel better about herself.

"Shit..."
She'd growl, clenching her fists as she let go of an annoyed chuckle, trying to regain her usual nonchalant attitude.
"Almost got emotional there, oh boy, seems like Twilight painted the right picture, eh?" She'd mouth, trying to shoo away those lingering thoughts that were weighing heavily on her conscience.

Just for her to shrug, shaking her head wildly before returning to the foyer, snatching away a crystal glass of blood from one of the servants before he could deliver it to whoever ordered it as Tess emptied it in no time.
The metallic taste filling her mouth as she'd wipe off a stray trickle of blood that was running down her chin, her tongue protruding to lick up anything that might have escaped during her trying to drown her frustration with blood.

"No, that's not it..." Tess would mumble as she tried to remember where the bar was supposed to be, heading straight for what should have been her prize from the beginning.

Barging into it, Tess would glance around, finding some of her fellow fledgling vampires as she'd lazily wave at them.

"Oh hey, don't mind me, just trying to find something to drown my sorrows with, any suggestions?" The Serbian smuggler would chuckle, raising an eyebrow as she began memorizing some of the new faces she'd probably have to remember by the end of the night...If she didn't outright drink herself into a stupor.

mothspit mothspit SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines Drakenbane Drakenbane

Lyra's eyes widened at Nolan, he was a newblood! If he wasn't he would've known what the 'show' was. "Oh my... did they forget to bring you? Lucky... it um.. wasn't a very pleasant show, they basically kidnapped three humans, gave us a murder case and forced us to figure out who the killer was, and then kill them. ... It was the first time I ever saw someone get shot, I guess besides myself but.. not quite the same, being a witness over the victim." she took another sip of her wine bottle, even when she told herself that she would stop. "I'm Lyra Plant, good to meet you Nolan." She took a good look at the man, he was a handsome guy and he looked scholarly, maybe even a bit nerdy. He was definitely her type of guy. She'd attempt to give him a sly, flirty grin but to everyone else it probably just looked goofy since she was already pretty drunk.

Then Tess walked into the room, she looked absolutely miserable. "Well um.. the hard liquor cabinet is over there." she'd gesture to the cabinet where Hector, Nolan and Katya got their drinks. She tilted her head curiously. "What happened to you... aside from the obvious? You look like someone died or someone crushed your heart into a million pieces." She was genuinely wondering what was going on with Tess. Sure, a lot of horrible things happened to the group of newbloods tonight but none of them felt like drowing their sorrows with alcohol... okay maybe they did, but it was more due to stress, not sadness. She continued watching Tess, only occasionally glancing at the cute Irish man beside her at the bar.

Drakenbane Drakenbane Vampunk Vampunk

A low chuckle escaped Tess, her slender fingers running through her messy black hair, wiping a wild bang out of her face.
"Huh, yeah, something like that I suppose."
The Serbian smuggler would reply to Lyra's sadly very accurate guess on what had happened to the sharply dressed fledgling vampire just a few moments earlier in the library.

Exhaling deeply, Tess would try regaining her composure as her usual crooked grin returned to her visage, causing that cheeky set of dimples to accent her features.
"I was just in the middle of reenacting Twilight with one oh so delightful, dark-haired lady before a bunch of werewolves burst through the windows, ripping out my heart, reenacting Saturday night fever's dance scene and setting it on fire afterwards. Truly the best way to ruin a moment, wouldn't you agree, eh?"

Tess would joke, trying to brush off her crushing disappointment over her meeting with Gwenhwyfar and the many questions that she had left her with, some of which she was literally dying to get answers for.

"Thanks though, at least some of us still have some sort of empathy left, huh? Anyone want to bet how long it'll take until even that's gonna fade, my money's on two decades, tops." She continued her endless waterfall of snark and sass pouring out from her thin lips and escaping the cage of perfectly white, sharp ivories.

"But guess there's worse fates, at least booze looks like it still works...speaking of which!"
With those words Tess swiftly passed by the other two vampires currently in the bar with her, heading straight for the stronger liquor as her fingertips brushed over several strong spirits, deciding on which one's going to be replacing the comfort she would have otherwise gotten from Gwen, if everything had worked out the way she had thought it would.

"Aha! Got it!"
Snatching away everything needed for a bloody mary; some really strong vodka as well as the seasoning in form of Tabasco, pepper, salt and lime, Tess would look for the tomato juice...
"Ah crap..."

She'd groan under her breath before a rather nasty, but probably very ingenious idea crept into her mind, her lips curling into a toothy grin as she snatched away some blood as well, proudly marching over the bar counter.

And after what seemed like Victor Frankenstein's entire process of creating his monster, Tess would raise a glass to the light, raising an eyebrow as an expression of pure triumph would spread across her face.

Shooting a very smug glare at her fellow vampires, she'd lean against the counter, nudging closer, with her drink's contents swirling inside her glass.
"You wouldn't just guess how far my pun game just went...this is a literal...Bloody Mary."
Tess would remark proudly before taking a large gulp from her creation, the familiar comfort of her favorite drink reimagined in a more...bloody...way, doing much for her strained nerves as a satisfied sigh escaped her lips.
"Finally, that hit the spot."

Katya was slightly taken aback by Lyra's explanation for her interactions with Ajax. So that was what she'd been up to...it was a clever plan, but Katya had expected Lyra to be somehow genuinely infatuated with the vampire. It made sense that she wasn't; the fledgling didn't seem that stupid. She took several more sips of her drink as she watched Nolan enter and greet Lyra. It was curious that Nolan had missed the 'show' that they had in the beginning, but that was nothing to grieve for. She gave Lyra a weird look when she'd randomly grinned at Nolan. What was that about?

Another familiar face had entered the room, but Katya merely rolled her eyes at her theatrics as she finished her vodka. "Yeah, you guys have fun with that. I'll make my exit now; it's about time for me to meet my maker." She had been planning on having a chat with the guy who drove her here after she was released from captivity. The only reason she hadn't done so earlier was because she had been recovering from being in Drevis's presence, but she considered herself fully recharged now. Besides, if all she was missing out on was a 'literal bloody mary' - seriously, who could come up with something so cheesy? - then now was as good a time as any to get to the bottom of things. "I'll see you guys later." She turned to leave and entered the foyer.

Lyra giggled at Tess before hearing Katya say goodbye. As she made her way out she'd give her a goodbye wave. "Good luck, hopefully your maker is somewhat sane." she sighed as Katya headed out. She nodded and rubbed her chin as Tess explained that she had some sort of bad encounter with a dark haired woman. "She sounds pretty, was she at the game earlier? Did you catch her name? I'm sure you'll see her later, especially if she's in this vampire cult with the rest of us, there might be other times to impress her." At this point Lyra had no place to judge especially since she acted flirtacious toward Ajax on stage and now had a juicy slice of corned beef at the bar. At least some people in the group were catching some feelings, it might help distract them from how shitty their situation really was.

... Or was it really all that shitty? It was clear they weren't going to kill the group, otherwise they would've already done so. If Lyra's new life was going to be filled with luxury, dance parties, socializing and sucking blood... was it really all that bad? Maybe a little bit, but from the sounds of things it seemed like she would have access to anything she wanted, clothes, books, materials. Maybe there was even a chance she could open a flower shop again in the new town she was in. The vampires had to blend into human society, surely she would need a job right? At this point Lyra had more questions than answers, hopefully Leone would have all the answers. He was really all she had in terms of someone to guide her through this new vampire world.

Vampunk Vampunk , Sacrosanctus Sacrosanctus

Nolan would raise the amber colored bottle to Lyra and give her a wink. "A pleasure lass...and...that does sound rather brutal.." In reality though, he didn't care. Why should he now? He was a vampire. A creature. One of the night. He was no longer human. No longer one of the kind that kicked him into the dirt, that abused him, that tormented him. The people that after all his hard work tossed him aside as useless for greed and notoriety. Deep down, he despised humans. However he would always remember that he was once part of humankind. In the end, he was also flawed. He was weak. He tried to end it all himself, the gun in his hand. He then realized, looking to his side. He pats his pocket.

His pocket was empty. The pistol was gone. In a way, it was a bit of a relief. The symbol of his weakness, of his giving up on life. It was gone. He lets out a sigh. His hand lifted back to the table. He finally returned to reality, looking back over to Lyra with a chuckle and smile. "Aye, well, getting shot hurts quite a bit. I would know, I had a bullet in the side of me head until the that giant of a vampire turned me." He down his glass like a pro, filling it up immediately. He would look over Katya and then the new person, Tess. He gives a proper nod, as well as pointing to the liquor cabinet. "Its actually got some good brands in there."

SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines Vampunk Vampunk

Last edited:

Taking another sip from her drink, feeling the familiar burn of alcohol mix with the newly acquired taste for mortal blood running down her throat and cause her chest to feel something resembling warmth for the second time this night, Tess would grace Lyra with a sheepish, bloodstained smile.
Her fingers would come to brush through the stubbly short hair adorning the sides of her head as the Serbian would lean against the bar's counter, raising an eyebrow at her fellow fledgling vampire as her question caused a sensation that would have otherwise been accompanied by a bright blush to join the heated feeling of booze.

"W...Well, I do suppose she was rather pretty, yes." Tess would mumble awkwardly, running her fingers through her messy bangs of black hair, adjusting her sidecut into something resembling a decent haircut, her dark eyes seemingly avoiding Lyra's gaze as they wandered off, lost in thought.

"Though I don't think she was at the game, or even at all invested in whatever Ajax's been playing with. She did seem like she had more than one ax to grind with a certain few people in this mansion....Kind of ruined the mood bringing up my maker, heh..." The ex-smuggler would mouth awkwardly, averting her gaze as she raised her glass to her thin lips once again, trying to cast off any of those lingering thoughts that would just dampen her mood right now.

"Gwenhwyf...Gwen, that's her name and yeah, let's drink to that. To a lifetime of trying to forget this goddamn awkward mess I found myself in once again." Tess would remark as that trademark crooked grin of hers crept unto her face once again, stirring her glass in her grasp as she'd watch the crimson liquid swirl and churn.

"And what about you, any grande undertakings of your own?"

Lyra shrugged. "Not really. I do want to find out more about this new community we're in, maybe even find a way out of it if it's possible, otherwise I'm just going to try to survive." she rubbed her chin in thought. "Gwen huh? That's interesting, it sounds like every vampire here is under Ajax's iron thumb. I wonder if he would be mad if he found out she didn't attend the game, or maybe not, since she doesn't seem to care. Seems like certain people have bad blood with others in this group. Like my maker Leone for example, not sure what his relationship is like with my "blood" grandpa, but it doesn't seem good. He told me to stay away from him at all costs, not sure why."

Lyra looked out the door and then back at the group. "Have you guys been to the library yet? I caught a glance of it and it looks really beautiful with lots of books! I think I might try to check it out before we leave this place." Lyra slumped her back against the bar, she could feel herself getting tired... was she getting tired, or was that just her mind playing tricks on her? Do vampires even get tired? "When are we leaving this place anyways? I kind of want to go back to where we're staying, I like being alone to process things and there's a lot I need to process..." She then looked down at the carpeted floors.. what was going to happen next? Everything was so unpredictable and a mystery to her.

Nolan's attention would be instantly grabbed as he looked over to Lyra. For once this during this entire night, he felt happy about something. "No, but you have my attention. I wouldn't mind accompanying you to the Library." Considering the type of place this mansion was, Nolan could only imagine what kind of books would be in this archive. These individuals looked....cultured? Well, at least the madam who helped him looked far more cultured than his sire. Perhaps he could find some historical books, documents, maybe even some relics. Perhaps he could find more information.

"Perhaps we can find some information on our new bodies. What it means to be a vampire proper." He chuckles and pushes up his glasses. "And I highly doubt it means living in gloomy castles and wearing sixteenth century clothing. Although I think I'd look rather dapper in an overcoat." He says with a laugh before taking a drink from his glass. "I'm all set whenever you lot are."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back