• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Con of Love

Beck sat down in his favorite seat at the bar. He liked having the stool right on the end next to the door, where he could make a quick escape if he had to. Luckily, he had been there for two weeks already and he hadn't had a single run in with the cops. That was worth celebrating.

He ordered a whiskey and then fished through his wallet. He skimmed over the various credit cards that he had stacked up, all with different names and ages, and finally found the one he was looking for. In this town, he was Sam Davidson, 25, journalist.

He handed the card over and it went through without a problem. Most "criminals" like him only paid in cash, but Beck liked the feeling that came with running credit card scams. Mostly, the feeling could be attributed to feeling intelligent, but it was also nice to see his face next to all of the different names.

Beck watched the TV in the corner, chuckling at some news story about an identify thief getting picked up. He made rookie mistakes... getting too comfortable. Too trusting.

He looked around the bar. It was pretty full for a Thursday night, but not one person caught his eye. He figured it would be a drinking alone kind of night, but that was okay with him.

It was time. Marie was going to find this con artist. She needed to. It was her first time being undercover. Marie needed to prove herself to the police community. That she wasn't just some new young, fresh out of the academy girl.

Marie walked into the bar. She wore a short, attractive place dress, with flats though... So it was easier to chase after the con artist if he was onto her.

She walked into the bar and sashayed in, scanning the room. No one seemed that likely to be a con artist. Except for this one guy who was sitting awfully close to the exit.

Marie smirked and seductively walked over to him, sitting right across from him. She was a pretty good actress. Before going into the academy, Marie always thought she'd be an actress... But thats not what her parents wanted.

The brunette crossed her legs fashionably and leaned in, fluttering her eyelashes, "So, whats your poison?"​

Beck smiled at the girl who sat down next to him. He half smiled at her question. "Usually curvy blondes, but tall brunettes are working for me at the moment."

He downed his whiskey and then looked her up and down. She seemed like a lost soul. He could find her for the night. "Let me buy you a drink," he said. "Or three, if you're feeling it."

Marie smirked happily, he way buying into this. Now, she didn't know if he was definitely the con artist. But you never know until you find out. And thats what Marie is here to do.

The brunette shook her head, "I think one is good to start off with."

Marie tapped her fingers on the table, "Surprise me with the drink, will ya?"​

Beck ordered her one of the strongest girly drinks he could think of, and then another whiskey for himself.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what's a nice girl like you doing in this shit hole?" He asked. The bar tender cleared his throat, and Beck held up his hands. "No offense."

Their drinks arrived and Beck passed here's over to her. It had been a while since he had someone like her to talk to.

Marie smiled and took a sip of the cold drink. Smiling at the taste, she set it aside.

Marie laughed, "Me, nice?" She shook her head but decided to take the compliment, "Thank you."

Marie looked up at the ceiling alight tangling above the two, trying to think of a reason why she was here. Well, just play it off cool, is what she thought.

"Why can't I be here?" Marie said before taking another sip.

"How about..." Marie crossed her arms, "Why don't you tell me why you're here?"​

Beck grinned. "I'm here because my work is stressful, and I'd rather drink here then alone in my apartment," he told her. "And nice girls like you don't usually come to places like this unless they're looking for something or they're lost. But you don't have to explain yourself to me."

He finished his drink and thought about ordering another, but he decided against it. He didn't want to get too sloppy.

Marie took another sip of her drink and crossed her arms on the table, staring at him. She tilt her head and played with the straw from her glass, "Oh, whats your job?" Marie asked, hoping to get somewhere. Sadly, he definitely doesn't seem like a fool.

"I'm a journalist," Beck lied with ease. "My parents didn't really approve of the career choice, but figured that it is my life, not theirs." He ordered a water and took a sip.

"How about yourself? What do you do for a living? Let me guess... Publishing? No. Nursing."

She looked like the type of girl who would put herself through nursing school just to feed mush to old people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back