• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other The Comprehensive List of Rules, Guides, and More [v2]

Role Model

/t r X s h /

The Comprehensive List of Rules, Guides, and More
Updated 7/12/2017
I will try to keep this list as updated as best I can with relevant information.

Important Links
The Site Rules [*]

Welcome To RPNation [*]

Get Support [*]

FAQs [*]

Warning System Information [*]

Getting Started
How To Roleplay [*]

Basic Roleplay Planning [*]

How To Create A Roleplay [*]

A Comprehensive Guide On How To GM [*]

Writing Guides
So You Want To Write [*]

Between The Words - A Poetry Tutorial [*]

The Importance Of Context [*]

The Basics Of Plot [*]

Pro Tip: Proactive vs Reactive [*]

Pro Tip: Guide To Awesome Characters [*]

Pro Tip: Show, Don't Tell [*]

On Writing OCs With Mental Disorders v3 [*]

A World-Building Primer [*]

Design Guides
BBCode Guide

Welian's Principles Of Design [*]

Hexadecimal Colours & Colours Explained [*]

How To Glamorize Posts *WITHOUT* BBCode [*]

I wrote this list to hopefully alleviate some of the questions new members may have, or to provide a bookmarking catalog for older members looking for something specific. I'm aware the guides are are easily accessible, however I wrote this list to provide a portal so members don't have to jump around the site looking for different information, especially since the transfer has messed a few things up. I'm also aware other lists like this exist, however those lists are older and contain broken links, irrelevant content, or are sloppy and messy. This guide is simple, straight to the point, and is updated with only the newest and relevant information.

If you have any suggestions for any guides I might've missed, please do not feel scared to drop the links down below, and I will be sure to credit you for providing the guide.

If you do not wish for your guide link to be provided in this list, simply shoot me a PM and I will remove it accordingly.

Version 2 - 12/7/17
All I did in v2 was update the existing links after the software change. Any guides without hyperlinks need sourcing, as I can't find the original thread that the guides hyperlinked to.
I will be adding more guides over the course of the next few days, so it should become a bit more full.
Any guide with [*] next to it signifies that the hyperlink is currently pointed to the correct thread.

Last edited:
Thank you for your consideration.  In light of the update which will be taking place this weekend, many of these articles are out of date!

Thank you for your consideration.  In light of the update which will be taking place this weekend, many of these articles are out of date!

If articles become out of date, they will be removed. Many of the guides I picked are guides that I feel will be relevant no matter what platform the forum is hosted on (such as Principles of Design).

I will keep only relevant and useful information in this list :)

1 minute ago, Professional Role Model said:

If articles become out of date, they will be removed. Many of the guides I picked are guides that I feel will be relevant no matter what platform the forum is hosted on (such as Principles of Design).

I will keep only relevant and useful information in this list :)

You'll want to remove the entire HTML section then.  That is no longer a feature which will be available on the site after Sunday!

You'll want to remove the entire HTML section then.  That is no longer a feature which will be available on the site after Sunday!

What will be replacing the system, so I can start looking for guides? Will it be transferring back to BBCode, or will there be no major design functions?

The site will be going back to the BBCoding system, however, there is no guarantee that the system will be exactly the same.  The staff team has already planned to make a guide for all of the site's functions once the transfer is complete.

The site will be going back to the BBCoding system, however, there is no guarantee that the system will be exactly the same.  The staff team has already planned to make a guide for all of the site's functions once the transfer is complete.

That'll be great, I miss the BBCode system. When the transfer completes I will redo the list, until then the HTML content is still relevant :)

Its fine :)!

Looking forward to see what you do after the transfer C:

I'm hoping the system stays relatively the same as it was beforehand, there were LOADS of great BBCode guides! I remember working on this list when I first joined, but I got caught up in life affairs and had to abandon it, and then the system changed from BBC to HTML so I had to re-write it (and I couldn't even use the table idea I had when I first started writing it!)

I apparently don't have permissions to post in the Tutorials section or I would have!

Odd, most have gotten wonky from preparing for the move. I'll fix it soon if I have the time, the update is on Sunday, so it won't really matter. Permissions would ultimately be fixed by then

Hmm. You'll probably be able to post there after the update, maybe. We'll just have to wait and see. Or maybe one of the staff can help?

Odd, most have gotten wonky from preparing for the move. I'll fix it soon if I have the time, the update is on Sunday, so it won't really matter. Permissions would ultimately be fixed by then

I will repost it on Sunday then, in the tutorials section :)

7/12/17 -
Updated with relevant links, no longer broken.
Will be adding in a few guides over the course of the next couple of days, should become much fuller over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back