• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Colony

Lucy Simmons

Lucy was nudged in the back by someone's toe. She moved her gaze away from the ground and saw it was Jack. Get up he said, move supplies, cry later. Crying later, she had to remain strong, for now.Like she is for her parents, her brother. She had to be strong.

She sat up and wiped her tears away with the back of her dirty hand, leaving dirt on her face.
"Right, strong. I can do it. At least for now." She tentatively stood up and bent back down to retrieve the crate of meals. She cradled it in her arms as she continued towards the "drop off zone". She passed by a man looking back towards his cello and the girl he was supporting. It seemed as if he was distraught on which one to take first. "Umm, excuse me cello guy. We have some medical supplies so you can finish fixing her up.""Strength, goes hand in hand with arrogance sometimes. Though other times, it goes well together with compassion"

@Calibutcher @WantYourSoul @Whisker

I groan and shift, my head aching and my vision too blurry to tell where one thing ended and another began. Slowly, I move a hand to my forehead and sit up, wincing at the dull ache and stiffness of my muscles. I feel something jab my hip. It's in my pocket, I realize. I fish through the back pocket of my jeans and take out what feels like plastic and paper. Squinting, I can just barely read what the unfolded note says.

I nearly laugh out loud. "Inside the Zone? You've got to be-" My voice crumbles when I finally take in my surroundings.

I'm in a ditch. I was just sleeping on a bag. Of what? Who knows. I gotta get the hell out of here!

A jab of pain slices my skull.

Okay, maybe after I stop having a massive hangover. I focus on what I have with me, and quickly take inventory.

Masami was relying heavily on Marquist, even if she were putting as much weight as possibly on her uninjured leg. When this new man speaks, the one who had gone off and dug through the supplies before anyone else. "The burrow is a... Small house, right?" She asks whomever was paying enough attention to answer her. Marquist responds by stopping and requesting she stand still while he retrieved his cello."I could try, do you think you could help me over to that broken wing so I can balance?" She was trying to be cooperative, not being the problem child everybody else called her.

Sam's attention is drawn away as the woman with the medical kit calls out, if her voice weren't so weak right now she'd call back and thank her.

@Calibutcher @Whisker @Amerikia1126

As Nickolai set his box down inside the bunker he looked back and saw the case Lucy was carrying. Once she set it down and walked away he walked over and picked up the case. Taking it over to one of the tables in the bunker he set it down and opened it up. He smiles at the sight and as he picks each piece up in perfect order and fits them together he remembers the first time he had to assemble a gun in combat. His squad had been pinned down by a Russian sniper team for the past six hours and they were running out of options. The crazy idea to drop a crate of supplies behind the building they were pinned down in had actually worked. He remembered the way his hands were shaking as he fit the bolt into the 12.7mm rifle and how he kept dropping the bullets as he loaded them into the magazine. The memory brought a smile to his face and he lifted his hand to find his hand shaking. Taking a deep breath in through his nose he steadied his hand and finished assembling the rifle. Grabbing two of the magazines he opened one of the ammo boxes only to find it a jumbled mess of different calibers. On top was a 5.45x39mm round, he picked it out, closed the box and picked it up. As he began to stand up he heard a noise behind him as the girl who had been asleep all day started to wake up. When she started flipping out he thought about saying something but nothing came to mind at first. He waited for a moment before saying "We are all in this boat together. This is our home for now. Once you feel ok to move, come outside and see who you can help." With that he stepped out of the dugout and went to find a high flat spot to sort the ammo.

Deus had difficulties deciding on what was best to do. 'Ok, ok, wolves travel in packs, if the wolves follow that rule, Nikolai will be able to defend the group with his handgun. If not, and they go for the two of us...' With reassurance, he looked the girl in the eyes. "I know we'll be fine, just remember what I said and you'll be fine." He lied. He had no idea whether or not they'd make it out alive. It was a stretch, but Deus had confidence in his survival skills. "And if I can help it, I won't let you or anyone else die in this hellhole." And with that, he left the girl, hoping she could do as he said.

Up ahead, deeper into the Zone, Deus could just barely see what was a three-way intersection. The central crossing between the roads was fortified with sandbags and concrete barriers. Connected to that was a church, the doors wide open. One door hung off it's bottom hinge, swinging gently as the wind blew through the air. It seemed to stand the test of time fairly, but it was nothing close to what the group needed to survive. Inside the church was pitch black, darker than a starless sky on a new moon. Deus nearly shivered at the thought of entering such a place. "This doesn't look promising." Deus whispered aloud to himself.

Dylan stood still as Deus walked away, mouth agape with confusion clouding her face. Which quickly morphed to unamused apathy. 'You fuckin' kidding me? Remember what he said? If he could help it? What the hell is he, the all knower of the Zone!?!' Why would he split them up? Especially out where everything was a blind guess at best to what could possibly happen. And that poor excuse for a reassuring lie... She grew up in Chicago. Not the nicer parts of it either. Plus the times she'd actually put herself in the middle of trouble, this wasn't the first time she'd been surrounded by enemies. Wasn't the first time she'd heard that lie either. Huffing in frustration she was half tempted to just head back to the group and leave him to be by himself, since that's what he seemed to want so much. But she decided no to. If something did happen to him and he needed help- or she, she wasn't gonna kid herself- she wanted to be within screaming distance.

Heading in the opposite direction than Deus she untied the bag her small collection of belongings had come in from her belt loops, swinging it lightly back and forth. If something did manage to get the drop on her she wanted something on hand that could do a little more damage than her metal covered knuckles. Pushing back her fear she moved ahead, unable to get rid of the slight shaking from her hands. The overcast sky blocked most of the sun, casting a darkness over the land nearly at all times, but as she walked the temperature steadily dropped, alerting her to the quickening of the night to come. Small shivers wracked her frame and she turned to search for the group. But what had once been actual figures were now small dots on the horizon. She'd walked farther than she thought, and so far nothing that could be used as any kind of sustainable shelter. There were plenty of trenches and buildings. But the trenches were either to small, filled with evidence of the war that had been fought, or just didn't seem like a good idea to go into. More than a few times she could have sworn small, beady eyes had been staring at her. Chalking it up to paranoia she moved on.

The houses she came across were mostly torn apart or ravaged by nature, quite a few had huge holes in the roofs or sides, like someone had crashed through them. About to turn back, not only discouraged but gaining a sense of unease the further she went, a small structure managed to catch her eye. It certainly hadn't been a house, a Lord knows she didn't speak or read Russian, but it kind of looked like an office building. Certainly big enough to house the bunch of them. And actual building above their heads might actually give them a sense of normalcy, at least for a minute. Chewing her bottom lip, an awful nervous tick she had, she made her way to the building, promising herself she would head back after she checked it out. 'Sure am racking up quite a few promises to myself. Hope I live to fulfill them.' Shaking off the depressing thought she looked through the windows, trying to wipe years worth of dirt, dust and grime from the glass to catch a peek inside. It didn't do much good, but from what she could see there was a nice sized space inside, about a dozen or so desks took up most of the area, but if they pushed those to the side than it would be a pretty nice little place.

Holding back a smile at her find she moved to the door, turning the handle and slowly pushing it open. The hinges squeaked and she flinched, pausing for a second before pushing it open the rest of the way. Barely any light could permeate the windows but from what she could see the inside wasn't horrible. Yes it was dark, and had a heavy musk smell to it, and there was a couple inches of dust on the floor. But it was bearable. Better than outside or inside some trench infested with who knows what. Walking inside she let her eyes rove over the space, stepping over old garbage and broken glass. A small hallway caught her eye, leading back into darkness, and she eyed it curiously. 'Must be a kitchen. What's an office without somewhere to put the food that will inevitably get stolen.' Her eyes caught the paw prints in the dust the same time an defensive growl reached her ears. Dread filled her, and her adrenaline spiked, nervous tears gathered at the corners of her eyes.

'Please, please, PLEASE don't tell me I stepped right into a wolves den.' Looking up into the darkness once again she was met with glowing eyes and sharp white teeth, although they were a foot or two higher than she would have expected them to be. She knew this was going to happen. Luck had never been on her side, case and point, she was in the Zone. But this was ridiculous. Of course she'd be the one to run into the crazy, most likely radiated, wolves first. Letting out a shaky breath she watched as the wolf stepped forward, and the instinct to simply survive took over. Matching each step of the extremely tall, broad, matted, slathering wolf with a backwards step of her own she maintained eye contact. The second she felt the door touch her back she turned, running for her life as the door slammed behind her. Her blood curdling scream mixed and resonated with the wolves chilling howl, rising to fill the air around them.

Ten feet from the building she heard the hard thump of a body slamming against the door, 20 feet from it she recognized the thunderous sound of splintering wood and could hear the beast running, panting and growling as it gained on her. A sob managed to escape her mouth before she pulled it back, gritting her teeth as she tried to run faster. All of her breath had to be used for running right now. She'd trained her stamina sure, but the treadmills didn't have a 'malicious radioactive beast' setting, so she wasn't sure how long she could out run it. Turns out it wasn't very long. She'd just managed to make the dots of the group silhouettes when she felt a large paw grab her side, claws ripping into her as she was tossed to the side like a rag doll. Screaming as she rolled across the ground she tried to orientate herself. However the blood that was quickly pouring from her side and hip, not to mention she smacked her head pretty good on impact with the ground, didn't equal the best of situations to take on the overgrown K9. Trying and failing to get her feet under her, she could make out the sound of the predator stalking around her. Slowly, and almost, calculating. Hanging her head she couldn't help but be disappointed in herself.

'So this is it. I get eaten by a cocky wolf in the middle of no mans land. And my family will never know.'
At the thought of her family, her brothers, determination flooded her. If this was how it ended, she was gonna put up one hell of a fight. Waiting until she could nearly feel the wolf breathing, she swung her arm. Smashing the paperweight filled bag it managed to catch the creature straight in the eye. A pained howl followed her retreating form. She hadn't stayed to see what kind of damage she had inflicted. Her only goal was to reach the group, or at least get close enough that someone might be able to help her.

Jack approached the pallet and took off a crate containing mostly water supplies. It was heavy and pretty much drudge work though there was no one else really available to do it by the looks of things. One girl was unconscious, one was injured, the other one was directing medical attention, the Cello player was acting as a crutch, Nikolai had gone off to work on the weapons, and the other two were off scouting. That left him as the only person available to gather supplies and tend to the survival aspect of things. Upon approaching the bunker that was acting as the group's temporary shelter, he noticed a flicker of movement that announced that the unconscious girl had finally come awake. Though he didn't know her from a hole in the ground, he breathed a sigh of relief at watching her finally sit up and come awake.

"
You're awake finally. Whoever the hell dragged your ass out here obviously drugged you up pretty good."

She was out a good hour and a half longer than the rest of them. Keeping that to himself, however, he merely dropped the case of water supplies with the others before looking at the girl again.

"
Sorry about the sleeping arrangement, I had to move you from the open. We've got wolves and god only knows what else out there watching. You keep your head down until the sedative wears off and then go talk to Nikolai. He seems to be in charge of what's going on around here."

With that, he chucked a water bottle at her to help clear the remaining drugs from her system before trudging up out of the ditch again. His eyes flickered to the others as a means of checking in before proceeding to the pallet in order to finish the clearing mission. It sounded kind of childish in his head to think of it that way, but the work helped to keep him calm and stave off the loneliness, the misery, and the confusion that was already wracking his brain. As he knelt to get the last water crate, a sudden scream echoed through the area and had him jumping up right, his hands shooting down to grab the knife from his belt loop where it had been stashed. He looked around wildly until he finally saw a scene that had his hair standing on end. There, pinned down against the ground was one of the scouts who was supposed to be combing the area, and standing over her was a wolf ... if that thing could even be called a wolf. It stood well over the 36' a normal wolf hovered around and it's skin was knotted and covered with ugly looking burns and scars. It was by far the scariest looking thing Jack had ever seen in his life.

Swearing loudly as his neck broke out in a cold sweat, Jack abandoned the pallet and rushed towards the scene at a charge. Nikolai was obviously the best option for this kind of thing given he had all of the weapons, but there simply was no time to wait for him to catch up. Of the others crowded in the clearing, he was the closest and it was up to him to make a move. And so he pumped his arms like a professional athlete and ran at full-tilt towards the noise, his hands clenched around the knife. He would make it after about a full minute or two of running where he would dive just behind cover nearby. Without thinking, he would kneel down and grab the edges of a large hunk of twisted sheet metal nearby and bring it up in his hands as though he were some kind of crazy lion tamer instead of a hunter. He would then leap from his cover and bang on it loudly in order to distract the wolf from it's prey and make it focus on him instead, hoping that the metal would hold if the wolf made an attack upon him.

@LeSmexyFish @Cadee

As Deus contemplated which direction he should advance to, he heard a dim scream. 'Dylan,' was all that ran through his head for a moment. It felt as if his heart had suddenly turned black. Guilt shrouded over him like a storm cloud on a rainy day...no...a stormy night. Nonetheless, he wasn't going to sit there and pretend he didn't hear anything; he was determined to stick by his word. And even if that wasn't the case, Deus was going to need everyone alive if he wanted to get the hell out of this place.

Deus rushed in the direction in which he had heard the shriek. He could only hope he could get there in time. As he ran further, the thought of her death mourned him. Finally he had arrived close to the source of scream. A mixture of relief and fear struck him as he saw the woman pinned by the beast. Instantly, he gave into his instincts, and grabbed a nearby rock, then pitched it like a baseball at the creature. Luckily, it hit, striking the beast in the shoulder.

Deus shouted aloud, nearly straining his thought from yelling so loud. "Over here you fuck!" The wolf's attention shifted over to Deus. His heart sped up and smacked against his rib cage with each beat. The wolf's eyes were like lanterns with candles lit by scorching suns. It howled in anger and sped in Deus's direction. It was a lot faster than he anticipated, but he managed to round the corner of the alley way; the demon like hound close behind. Directly to his right was an old metal dumpster. It reaked of disgust, but it looked safer than any other place within the vicinity. Without hesitation, Deus lifted the lid to the dumpster and sprung inside.

(Warning, this gets pretty graphic, sry ._.)

The dumpster was pitch black inside. Deus landed surprisingly softly onto what felt like a cushion made of moldy bread. What he smelled begged to differ. His nostrils stained with a horrific stench that could only be described as scarring. It was rotting flesh. The slightly decomposed bodies covered Deus in decomposition. The smell alone almost made him vomit. He immediately clenched his nose shut to avoid inhaling the smell. 'This is so fucked...' He thought to himself, tears streaming down his face.

The smell of the bodies completely distracted Deus from a few things that were unexplained. The bodies surrounding him were only slightly decomposed, meaning they were somewhat fresh. Could it be that there are others out here too? People who survived out in the Zone? There was no telling what lied up ahead in this fight for survival.

Marquis realized quickly he was being a little stubborn and ridiculous he was choosing to get his Cello rather then take the time to help this girl get to the Bunker he would come back for the Cello it would still be there he reassured himself. "I'm sorry i'll get it later lets get you to the Bunker first." Marquist helped Masami the rest of the way to the bunker and helped her sit down inside. "I'll be right back don't go anywhere." Marquist went back outside the binker and headed for his Cello he got about halfway there when he herd the Howl and the scream. it was a terrible mixture of sound that filled him with immediate horror he barely had tie to think before Jack rushed past him heading for the sound. Marquist was undecided for a moment he wanted to go as well but he ha no weapons and no way to help. The only thing he could think to do even if it was not the most helpful was to grab his Cello he ran over to it and picked it up and started heading back for the Bunker to warn the others of what was happening he was not sure who was being attacked but that would be the next thing he would try to figure out. Marquist ran flat out for the bunker and made it relatively quickly. He bust in the doorway and panted "Wolf attack.. be back soon...watch this..." He set down his Cello in the door way." made his way back out and peered into the distance trying to see who was being attacked and more importantly what he could do. he climbed on top of the Bunker and looked again trying to see what was going on. Then he could see it the outline of the wolf. It was far away but he could tell it was huge. Fear and adrenaline surged through him he needed to figure out what to do but he felt totally useless he had no kind of preparation or experience for moments like this. He watched scrambling for any thought that might help and hoped Jack could at least do something.

@WantYourSoul

All at once the twisted hunk of flesh that passed itself for a wolf turned to face him, it's lamp-like eyes glowering at him in slits. It's maw opened to reveal row upon row of crooked teeth that were coated in god only knew what. With a nervous swallow and his heart pounding itself half to death, he stood firm before the animal and kept his flimsy metallic shield at the fore-front where he could clamor his knife upon it if it tried to turn back to Dylan. At least his judgement that it did not like the sound was correct for it seemed loathe to approach him and instead began to try circle, a thinly-veiled attempt to try to get his back open so that it could hamstring him no doubt. Keeping his eyes secure upon the animal, he backed up slowly into the wall and held the shield firm before him.

Before he could do anything else at get at him with the knife, however, there came a sudden shout that distracted both the man and the animal that was approaching him. Jack hissed loudly at Deus in an attempt to get his attention, but it was simple no use. The wolf had spotted an easier prey and far out of range of the noise maker. With a furious bray that sounded almost like a roar, it sped off on a pounding of paws that sounded much louder than the normal gait of any wolf. For a moment or so, Jack did nothing but stand with his back pressed against the wall and let his mouth fall open as the shock set in at what he had done. After a few moments though, he blinked and let the shield fall from him in a clatter as he slid down with his back against the wall.

Oh my god ... what the fuck ... Oh my god ...

Biting down on his lip to keep from letting loose the bile that rose in the absence of adrenaline, he instead looked over to Dylan and tried to think of something to say though the words would not come. After a few moments of biting his tongue, however, he at last managed to crawl towards her and croak something remotely resembling speech:

"
You ... alright?"

@Cadee

Lucy Simmons

Lucy, supplies in hand, made her way towards the shelter. Along the way, cello guy, without his cello, went running by yelling something about wolves. She heard growling, screaming, and yelling in the distance and presumed the others had it under control.
"We don't want everyone to die on the first wolf, after all." Besides, she had no weapon and currently no shoes, the others would be fiiine. Lucy reached the shelter and found a cello in the way. So this was where he left it. Nice, just nice, but there was the wolf situation after all. Oh well, someone with some experience needed to stay behind and help the injured.

She temporarily placed down the crate and moved the cello someplace out of the way. She then picked up the supplies and saw the situation. Groggy girl leaning on a bag and injured girl sitting down. She opened up her first aid kit and got the rubbing alcohol out. She faced the injured girl on the floor.
"We need to disinfect the wound. This is going to sting, can you handle that?" Lucy then swiftly pulled off the makeshift bandage and poured the alcohol onto her hands, using them as a sort of funnel to get the alcohol onto the wound. She wrapped the wound back up in its bandage and comforted the girl, no doubt in pain. "There, there. It's over now, see? Just lie down for a while and get some rest."

@LeSmexyFish @WantYourSoul

I catch the bottle, looking up at the man as he turns. "Who's-" He walks off. I sigh. "Nikolai?" I open the bottle and take a drink, closing it again before laying back down on the plastic bag. My head is killing me. The pounding pressure made me want to sleep, however weird that seemed. I should sleep more. Now that I'm not in danger of, well, dying from an overdose, I should rest. With a sigh, I gave in and closed my eyes. My breathing slowed, and I went back to sleep.

"The bunker would be nice," Masami sighs as he helps her into a seated position. When told to stay put, the injured woman can't help but grin wryly."Where else am I going to go? Crawl out to the wolves?" Her question was punctuated with a howl and a shudder rolls down her back.

Okay, not as funny as she originally thought. Quite suddenly, while Sam's hazy mind was distracted by a howl, there was a blonde woman in front of her and speaking with an accent she had heard on that BBC channel her exchange family liked watching."Disinfect? but... It should be clean-" Masami breaks off, remembering the filthy shrapnel embedded in her thigh and she sighs in defeat. As her bandages were unwound, she looked faint from pain.

The whitish blue of her leg had spread down her thigh and now the flayed skin had opened to reveal torn blood vessels and a faintly violet look to the subcutaneous layer of her thigh. Yeah. Rusty metal in the leg wasn't a fun evening plan.

As this woman pours alcohol on her leg, the already weakened girl ends up arching her back with a scream of pain caught in her throat. This time the pain was burning and constant and caused her whole leg to throb to her racing heart.

"... I think I'm going to be sick," Masami whimpers, and proceeds to lean over and vomit on the floor. What a baby.

@Calibutcher @Amerikia1126

Last edited by a moderator:
Nickolai had found a nice flat spot on top of a burned out Type-99 and started sorting through the ammo box. During his search he had spotted a few pieces of equipment that remained intact. but didn't give them much mind. Loading the magazines was a ritual he had done hundreds of times in the past. The work gave him purpose and a sense of security. He had finished loading one magazine and had started on the second one. He was 18 rounds into loading the second magazine when he heard a scream. He stood up quick and looked in the direction from whence it came. Luckily the ammo box and the rounds sitting out didn't roll off or fall over. What he saw was bad enough without sheer clumsiness coming into play. The sight was awful, a large wolf standing overtop Dylan by the bunker, near the camp. He grabbed the rifle and both of the magazines. He had found a single point sling on his short search for flat ground and had attached it to the rifle. He let it dangle against his chest while he shoved the half loaded magazine into one of the pockets on his vest and loaded the other into the rifle. He reached Jack a few moments later and stopped to take a breath. "Which way did it go? and why did it run off?" was all he ask. He hadn't been giving the situation the proper attention as he ran due to his attempt to be combat ready upon arrival.

The unexpected question had Jack looking up wildly only to see Nikolai standing in front of him and the injured Dylan with the gun in hand. Trying to feel reassured, he pointed towards the three way just beyond them with a slightly mortified expression.

"
It was Deus. He came running in here hollerin' and screaming. The wolf stopped charging and took off after him instead. He rounded the corner just over there."

Even as he spoke, a slightly distant rumbling announced the presence of their wolf as it clawed at something metallic. There was no sound of Deus, but he likely wasn't far off from that. Caught between two compulsions, he ultimately decided to remain with Dylan and get her back towards the bunker safe and sound. He didn't have much of a weapon in the knife and would only be in the way once Nikolai went for his guns.

I'll have to do something about that soon.

He was feeling pretty damn naked and exposed without his trusty shotgun in hand to fight off these monsters. The knife would do for now against wolves, but he had to find or make something bigger if he was expected to hold his own against anything more challenging.

@Cadee @TEOYL @Petronov

After a few seconds of hiding, Deus heard the snarling of the hound just outside the dumpster. He hoped the bodies would mask his smell and drive the beast away. Not that Deus knew much about mutated wolves, but he was almost positive that decomposed humans weren't ideal meals. That's what he hoped at least. The beast's snarls had faded and things seemed calm. Deus waited a few moments, slowing his heartbeat, collecting his thoughts. After doing so, he lifted up the right lid of the dumpster slightly and peeked through the crack it made.

Deus slammed the dumpster lid closed as he met eyes with the beast. It roared with anger and began clawing against the lid and side of the dumpster. It seemed as if it wasn't cutting through completely, but it wasn't going to hold much longer. 'Shit, shit shit shit!' He backed up into the opposite corner of the dumpster, the bodies beneath his squishing about.

@Petronov

As Jack finished explaining the situation Nickolai reached down, gripped the charging handle, and drew it back. Releasing the handle and gripping the weapon he moved at a jog toward the sound of metallic scraping. As he closed on the outermost rim of the alleyway he slowed, raising his rifle to a ready position and releasing the safety, he stepped forward carefully. Coming around the edge of the alleyway entrance he watched for a second or two as the massive wolf clawed the side of a metal dumpster. He crouched, aligned the sights of the rifle with the head of the beast and let out a small whistle. The beast turned its head to face him and with a final slow breath Nickolai squeezed the trigger. The sound of the rifle cracked and echoed through the alleyway and across the empty space in the zone. The beast lay still with a clean hole through its left eye. Nickolai lowered the rifle and muttered under his breath "Може ваша душа знайти спокій." He stood and waited for Deus to show himself.

Deus closed his eyes as he backed into the dumpsters corner. The claws of the beast began to tear through the metal and into the internals of the bodies spilling out of the hole. Suddenly, the hound stopped...BAM... The hound dropped to the group, dead as a door nail. (Wew gr8 pun m8) He then heard a man speaking Russian. Potronov.

Deus slowly lifted the left lid of the dumpster and jumped out. His body shook with disgust as he could now fully see what covered him. He peered around the corner and saw the man, rifle in hand. "Son of a bitch, thanks for savin' my ass." He smiled and walked his way.

@Petronov

Dylan groaned in pained relief as something called the wolf off of her, and she rolled to her knees as she curled in on herself. Her left side and part of her hip had been caught by the wolfs claws. They cuts were long and nasty looking, but it didn't appear that they were too deep. They just stung like a bitch. Her arm wrapped around herself, and she could feel the blood running down it. Glancing down at herself she paled at the puddle of blood that had formed beneath her. She had a hard time focusing. There were two people standing above her, and someone had to have called the wolf off, but all she could think about was blood and pain and dying the first night out here. The faint remembrance of medical tape in her bag, still tied to her wrist, had her pushing herself back onto her calfs. Wiping the tears that had managed to escape she tore the bag open and blindly grabbed for the medical tape she had been given. Ripping apart her crop top she folded the shirt so it was padded and could cover the entire area. Moving awkwardly, causing more than a few unhappy noises to esape her, she held the shirt in place as she anchored it in place with the tape quickly. Once that was done she wrapped the tape around her waist a few times so the material wouldn't move. The blood had already started to slow to an almost non-existant trickle.

Letting out a deep breath she braced herself and pushed herself to her feet. Which turned out to be a bad idea. It felt like someone had stuffed cotton in her ears, the surrounding world around her muffled and her stomach rolled. 'Oh by the gods. I hope I don't vomit.' Looking up she saw Nicklolai running off in the direction she had sworn the wolf had go, although that had to be crazy because why would someone run towards that hulking beast. 'Although he does have a gun sooooo, I guess that's in his favor.' The thunderous echo of a gunshot ran out around them and caused her to jump nearly a foot. She'd heard enough of those growing up that one would think she'd be used to it, turns out you never completely got used to it. Plus it had been a while since she'd heard one. Focusing on her surroundings she noticed.. Jake.. no, Jack. Jack was stood beside her and she was kind of surprised he hadn't gone running off to take care off their furry little problem along with the Russian. "So shall we head back?" A quick smile and she took a step to head towards camp, immediately wincing as he legs buckled beneath her and her butt hit the ground. "Or we could stay here for a second. Either way."

Jack watched Nikolai leave and his thoughts hovered indecisively once again. Though he was fucking terrified of the wolf to be sure, it just wasn't in his nature to let others go off into danger while he stayed behind. It made him feel helpless and alone; a feeling he wasn't used to and had him gritting his teeth in frustration. At once, the note folded up in his jacket pocket came into the forefront of his mind and the words played out to him once again.

Dear Mr. Jack Cooper ... You may find this manual useful for skinning wolves ... selected due to your status as a hunter and rancher ...

Blinking sharply in the sun, he turned suddenly and let his dark, unfathomable eyes settle upon Dylan as she rose suddenly and staggered in place, her face clouding over as though she were about to hurl all over herself. After what she had been through, Jack couldn't blame her one goddamn bit. He himself had already upchucked somewhere back near the Hornet when he got there, so what was he to say to someone else doing it so long as it wasn't on him? He narrowed his eyes shrewdly a moment and was about to reply to her question when she suddenly lurched and fell backwards right on her ass.

"Nah, I think we've had enough of this spot for one day, don't you think? Upsy daisy, now ... "

He reached down to grab her hand so as to pull her upright onto her feet. When she was stable, he forced one hand of hers atop his shoulders while the other hand kept a firm hold on his knife just in case. He was pretty aware how fucking exposed they were in this position, and he wasn't going to fuck up twice in one day and let himself or Dylan become wolf chow. Without another word, he began escorting her back towards camp while his thoughts wandered back to the necessity of a fire as well as shit ton of first aid supplies. His expression hardened a little as a gunshot rang out behind him, but he did not look back. He already knew what he had to do once Dylan was presented to Lucy and the others back at the bunker.

@Cadee

Raising his head he watched as the dumpster's lid swung open to reveal the revolting smell of corpses in the later stages of decay. The overwhelming stench brought a gurgle to Nickolai's stomach. Though the stench did little to remind him of food, the sudden urge to retch did. He wondered how Deus, a civilian, was able to keep his stomach so well. He concluded that the adrenaline had probably cut off a lot of his senses. He stood as Deus approached, nodded at him and grabbed a long, sharp piece of metal off the alleyway floor and quickly slit the wolf's throat. He knew double tap well enough from fighting the Russians. He grabbed the beast by the front paws and dragged it to the edge of the alley where he yelled "Jack, come help me haul this!" He made sure his hands were free to hold his rifle while waiting for help to ensure no other attacks would happen without his vigil.

I woke once more and looked around, feeling much better. I spotted a younger girl sporting a bob and a girl who looked like a nurse at her side. "Hey, who are all of you?" I ask, opening the bottle at my side and taking a gulp. I look down at the note and item again and realize something with a jolt.

That's a scalpel. Why the fuck would I need a scalpel.

I quickly examine myself and notice a book and geology pick clipped to the belt loops of my jeans. When I pick up the book and take a good, long look at it, I nearly start laughing hysterically.

This is the geology book I got for college! How the hell did they know what book to give me!

How did I not notice these before?

I look up at the two girls. Bob girl is leaning over and medic here is trying to soothe her. "Do you need some help?"

Lucy Simmons

"Ew, puke." Amy thought, wrinkling her nose. Puke, puke puke, how would one go about cleaning up puke? Her ears pick up sleeping girl, no longer sleeping, offering to help. "Oh, I'm Lucy. And I could use some help finding something to clean this umm.. vile substance up."

She got up and lowers down the girl onto the floor. Her wound seemed to be less gross than before. Lucy hoped this was a good sign.
"Well, welcome to the zone. I guess we're all stuck her now. I'm gonna go get more supplies. Rest up, then find something to help with. The others seem to still be, how do you say, occupied with a wolf problem." She then proceeded to put away the medical supplies; following this action by heading out the door, trudging back over to the pallets.

In the distance, Lucy heard more gunshots. Hopefully the others were okay....

@LeSmexyFish @WantYourSoul

I frown. Well thanks for leaving me to be the janitor. Bitch. I quickly reason that she's just as stressed as I am and that I shouldn't judge as I stand and slowly approach Bob girl. "Yo, do you need anything? Water?" I stoop down to look at her face.

Oh God, she looks absolutely horrible. Not that I'd ever say that to her.

@WantYourSoul

Masami clutches her head and groans out an apology, wiping the side of her mouth with her palm. She was mostly just dry-heaving, as she had bypassed her breakfast that morning and stuck for a protein shake practically force fed to her by the DeCoursies."Have fun. Don't get eaten because you were dumb," she quips weakly, trying to make herself feel less like crap.

When the woman who had just woken up approaches her, Sam tries masking her grimace with an obviously fake smile."I think I'm alright, a little cold. Do you think there's anything to build a fire with in here? It's Russia, so it's going to get really cold."

@LeSmexyFish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back