• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Circus {Characters}

Rui

Trash

COME ONE! COME ALL!

SEE THE AMAZING CIRCUS

AS IT COMES THROUGH YOUR TOWN!

SEE DEATH DEFIED

SMILES WIDE

BEASTS TAMED

TIGERS UNCHAINED!

FREAKS GALORE

A SPECTACLE, FOR SURE

COME ONE! COME ALL!

SEE THE AMAZING CIRCUS

YOU'RE SURE TO WANT MORE

The CIRCUS FANTASIA

Last edited:

CAST

RINGMASTER: Shireling Shireling

SAD CLOWN: idalie idalie

BALLERINA: Rui Rui

HAPPY CLOWN: open

LADY CLOWN: open

ACROBATS (5): open

CHORUS GIRLS (6): open

STRONG MAN: open

BEARDED WOMAN: open

ESCAPE ARTIST: Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

FIRE EATER: open

SWORD SWALLOWER: open

FREAKS (unlimited, but must be approved by casting director ((me)):

Last edited:

ADMISSION COST:

NAME

ROLE

GENDER (if able to disclose)

SEXUALITY (if known)

NATIONALITY

(preferred, but
descriptions will do if
absolutely necessary)

TALENTS

BIOGRAPHY
(basic, please.
I simply do not have all day!
A 5 sentence paragraph minimum;
3 maximum.)

LIKE AND DISLIKES

A THEME SONG, IF YOU WILL

ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D WISH TO ADD

"A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure."

tumblr_oa0ra6t3NL1snmmclo1_500.gif

NAME:
Edward Charlie Taylor

ROLE:
Sad Clown

SEXUALITY:
Heterosexual

NATIONALITY:
British

IMAGE:

tumblr_mfm1o7v1Ui1r84iplo1_500.gif

5'11" tall, weighing 170 lbs. A mop of curly black hair adorns his head, whilst a toothbrush tache is sported on his upper lip, always wearing a trusty bowler hat. Usually dressed dapper, if not for the frayed jackets and ties, alongside his comical shoes and trousers that seem a couple of sizes too big for him. Edward is known for his pale pallor, although will often enhance it with face paint on stage.

TALENTS:
- Avid violinist; used in performances for exaggeratedly sad music.
- Juggling, pretty much a skill all those in a circus will learn at some point.
- Minor magician; he can produce flowers from his hat, unending napkins from his sleeve, and unending strings of yarn from his waistcoat.
- 'The Walk' famously used by Charlie Chaplin, it consists of an odd strutting.
- Naturally clumsy means Ed is that one person in the right place at the wrong time.
- Making people smile; it seems like a talent all clowns are supposed to have, but this somewhat melancholy jokester will come sit beside you for however long it may take to get your smile in tip-top shape.

BIOGRAPHY:
Born to a single mother with terrible mental health and financial issues, Edward from a young age had to learn how to provide for himself. When she was institutionalised, Taylor was fourteen - and sent to live with his grandparents. He began performing at an early age, touring music halls and later working as a stage actor and comedian. It was during these hardships of poverty and abandonment, the clown found stability in the circus Fantasia. Nevertheless, that sombre melancholy never quite left. Becoming the brunt of his slapstick jokes "To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!".

+ Performing, making the sad faces smile even if his is in tears for the play.
+ Laughter; the best medicine. A great man once said, "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
+ Tea - hot and sweet after a long day.
+ Poetry, he might be a clown but even a man like himself can appreciate the beauty words can hold.
+ The rain. Nobody can see what you're really feeling in the rain. Whether it be tears or happiness.

DISLIKES:
- Snobbery; he's played the tramp, the gentleman, and the clown. And in his eyes, they're all the same. The rich are just as mortal as the poor.
- Seeing others misery, as a clown, and the sad one at that, it's almost as if he prefers to shoulder others melancholy in place of his own.
- Unfair treatment. He may be a comedian, but he trembles with anger at every indignation suffered by cruelty and is willing to throw a punch for it.
- Suffering. He can't help but lend his hand to those in tough places.
- Cats; much more of a dog person in general.

A THEME SONG, IF YOU WILL:

ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D WISH TO ADD
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Evelina Pavlov
8F74EBCD-3A16-426A-BFF7-38D26CEC3F1C.jpeg

709D42E5-7BC2-4BF9-A271-D52E970C9CDE.jpeg ROLE: I am the ballerina here.

SEXUALITY: I believe the word is...heterosexual.

NATIONALITY: Russian

TALENTS:
• Ballet - I have danced since I was a small child in Moscow.

• Tight rope walking - When I lived in the poorhouse, we would walk along the clothes lines to go from roof to roof to escape the nurses when we were naughty. It is simple for me. F944EA3D-6C20-415D-A243-3CDB4D7C7DE7.jpeg
• Horseback riding - I learned this skill when I was a girl, as I used to do the aerial performance and would land on the horse.

•Singing - I like to sing. It is not a talent I may often use. Nonetheless, I like to sing.

BIOGRAPHY:
I was born in the year 1886, in my homeland Russia, in the overcrowded city of Moscow. I was abandoned to the orphan house by my mother, and placed in the school for young girls. I was taught to dance and of domestic skills, and when I was twelve years of age I left the home in search of work elsewhere. 66FE5CF8-C003-437E-B6B0-4890D1E22AFA.jpeg I came upon the Circus Fantasia, who cast me to do acrobatics. When the ballerina died I was sixteen years of age, and they hired me in her stead. The pay was good, and I travelled with them from Europe to America.

LIKE AND DISLIKES:
~Likes~
•Roses
•Russia
•Ballet
•Animals
•Laughter
•The winter months
•Cold weather
•Music of all kinds
~Dislikes~
•Coffee