• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Circle of Life

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Xanto

The Clever Paradox

The Circle of Life

liburan-teman.jpg

I'm going to be straight forward with you. If you dare participate in this experimental project of mine it could either miserably fail, or be surprisingly successful. But hey, ignore the overall result (people barely finish rps anyway). Why not just try something new? It's going to take a team to get this idea off the ground and develop it further.

Picture your average realistic rp filled with drama, action, comedy, adventure, romance, and whatever else genre it may consist of. Typically it revolves around the same time frame with minor time skips; however, this time we'll go through the stages of life.

Life Stages (Pages and stages are subject to change):

Child
(Pages: 1-15)
(Age: Elementary years/less than 10)
Sweet innocence. At least for most. We all start off as children with our own backgrounds coming into play. Homework seems to be the least of our problems compared to Jimmy's new light up shoes or Sasha's cooties. Puppy love crushes and troubling super hero/villain playmates also tend to be somewhat around us too. The child stage can incorporate comedic or dramatic factors based on your own character's story.

Pre-Teen
(Pages: 16-25)
(Age: 10-12)
This stage can make you cringe. Voices start cracking, bodies start morphing, and life feels at its realest. In reality, it's just the angsty hormones kicking in for the first time! Nothing to be ashamed about especially when people start asking you out on wimpy dates or tightly supervised dances. That big bully on the corner of your mind could be a pain in the *ss too . . or maybe you are the bully.

Teen
(Pages: However long it'll take)
(Age: High School years)
Ah, the stage where most mistakes are made . . or so it seems. Extra curricular activities, academics, homecoming, and college applications start creeping up at you along with all of life's other externalities. Go ahead and take a day off (ditch) to go on an adventure or prank your best friend. Just try to make it back by curfew if it even exists for you.

32-hhhsp-part-2.jpg

Young Adult
(Age: College years/Twenties)
Wait, what? Just two weeks ago you were a child wooing your crush in the park. When did your newsfeed get filled up with graduation parties and wedding invites? . . . YOUR FRIENDS' WEDDING INVITES. Life is just starting to hit you right in the face. Job hunts and acquisitions could be your main focus, or even taking a break to catch up with childhood friends. Whatever your case is, the story is all up to you.

Adult
(Age: I don't know yet )
"Go to your room!" You exclaimed before placing your hand over your mouth. At this stage we could be parents, Chief Executive Officers, or even top notch criminals. Hey, and don't think that it's too late for a love life. Your ex-spouse was just too dumb to understand your awesomeness.

Elderly
Meh. This stage is debatable. Not sure.
Don't you just wish that you could look back at life and do it over again? . . . Lucky for you, we can.

Restart as your own kids or someone else.
AND ONTO THE NEXT CHARACTER!
funny-gifs-The-true-circle-of-life.gif

No animals were actually harmed in the making of the gif.

Rules:
Please adhere to all RpN rules.
No perfect characters.
Respect others like there's no tomorrow.
A no is a no. You can't butter it up anymore . . NO!
1-2 paragraphs minimum per post. Writer's block is fine. Just know that this is one of the requirements.
No one-on-one's for more than a page.

Last edited:
Life Stage
Child

bancroft_thumbnail.jpg

Bancroft Elementary
California
7:45 am

_____

Ryan Decarlo

@Decarlo Residence
Buongiorno Decarlos!” A voice called out followed by the sound of small steps running down a hall. Shortly after a final stomp sounded, Ryan slid across the wooden flooring with his socks as he knocked his fist on every door he could pass. It was finally the first day of school at the newest academy in the city. Typically most kids felt scared, but this time almost no one knew one another anyway. To Ryan, it was the perfect element of surprise. “SOMEONE TURN MY BROTHER OFF!” Richard yelled from behind his door still half asleep in his bed. It wasn’t hard to guess that the seven year old still had his pillow over his face.

The master bedroom door suddenly swung open as Ryan’s mom bent down to his level. “Valentino, why are we waking up at 5am?” She questioned not wanting to add to the stressful scream her other son was emitting. “I have a surprise . . ,” Ryan muttered just as his father reached the door to groggily join the conversation.

It didn’t take long for the whole family, minus the baby, to start heading to the kitchen. “I made breakfast!” Ryan announced proudly leading his clan toward the room. “Breakfast?!” His mother immediately questioned slightly looking at her husband who in turned just yawned in response. “Tino, did you turn the fire on?” She asked with a concerned tone before turning her attention back to Ryan. “Nooo . . . look,” The boy replied gesturing to the table once they reached the kitchen entrance.

BREAD?!” Richard blurted out looking at the single white slice of bread on his plate from afar. “You woke me up at 5am for BREAD?!” The older brother continued as he watched his younger brother take a slice from his plate and bite into it. “Yeah, and it’s pretty good!” Ryan innocently exclaimed already hungry from “making” his bread. Apparently, taking bread out from the bag was cooking.

Aw, he thought he made bread,” The mother laughed silently facing her husband. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll make some French toast out of ‘em,” He commented swiping up the plates of bread and getting to work.

_____

@Bancroft Elementary

Ricci, take care of your brother,” Mrs. Decarlo said to her eldest son through the passenger seat’s rolled down window. If it wasn’t obvious yet, the Decarlo brothers were often called by their middle names or other nicknames whenever they were with family. “Don’t worry, mom. I got this!” The younger of the two brushed off his shoulder before confidently nodding at his mother. Without further hesitation, their mother drove away.

Whoa,” Ryan paused eyeing the building before them. Their school looked like one of the big houses their mother would sell on somewhat of a monthly basis. Not long after walking around the building, Richard dropped Ryan off at his designated room and left to go to his own.

Ryan sat down on the desk with his nametag after a brief meet-and-greet session with his new instructor, Mr. T. “ . . . 7:45am,” The boy adjusted his glasses as he eyed the clock on the wall. Thankfully, it was a digital one. Well, I can’t just sit around for 200 minutes! Ryan thought to himself before making his way over to the blocks. He had to do something! Even if his math was incorrect, the 15-minute gap before class started probably felt like an especially long wait for any kid.

Last edited:
Justine Adams @Adams/Tracy Home
A heavy knock rattled against a door. That door belonged to a particular little girl named Justine, and it was her first day of school. "Justine, Wake up! First day of School, lets goooooo!" Ernest said with as much enthusiasm he could muster. "NO!" A tiny voice shouted from the other side of the door. Ernest let out a low sigh. "Come on honey we talked about this, you gotta get ready." There was a was a small twump against the door, a pillow had been tossed with tiny arms across the room. "NO!"
Ernest looked in distress down the small hallway to his fiance who was preparing breakfast, signaling his turn. "Ah. Hm. Justine, if you come out you can have an extra waffle for breakfast!" The door to the childs room swung open. If there was one way to get this kid to do something, it was through her stomach. With her little arms crossed and a rather grumpy expression she walked into the kitchen and climbed up onto the dining chair. Ernest sat across from the child as Atticus set the plate of waffles on the table as well as setting a cup of coffee in front of the other man. "There you go dear." Ernest smiled and silently sipped his coffee.
The heavy cloppy sound nails on hardwood floor echoed as a familiar dog rounded up to the table and flopped down under the childs chair, letting out a long huff as he awaited whatever food scraps were dropped. "Can I have coffee too?" Justine asked Atticus, Ernest quickly replied. "No sweetheart, it'll stunt you're growth." Justine frowned and crossed her arms again. "Is that why you're so short then, Pa?" Ernest nearly spit out his coffee as the other man merely chuckled quietly to himself while finally sitting at the table.

@Bancroft Elementary
As the van pulled up to the school Justine's feelings of fear creeped back in. "Pa I don't feel good." She said abruptly clutching her backpack close to her. Ernest looked in the rear view mirror to the child. "Sweetie you're gonna be alright. Get out there and show them how much of a big brave kiddo you are." Justine whimpered a little unbuckling herself and hesitantly opened the door and stepped out. Looking back at her father he smiled and gave her a thumbs up. "See, you're fine!" She let out a tiny sigh and closed the door. The passenger window rolled down and her father called out. "Later honey bug, Paps will be here to pick you up after School!" The window rolled back up and the van drove off as Justine trudged up to the building.

Justine skittishly walked into the classroom looking wide eyed and rather intimidated. She meekly introduced herself to the teacher and sat at her assigned desk, putting her head down and covering it with her arms. She wanted nothing more than for this to be over with.

@Eericas Residence

BRRRIIIINNNGGG!! The alarm for Eerica roared in her ear but she quickly shut it off. She was already up, actually she was up twenty minutes before the alarm rung.

Eerica paced back and forth in front of her closet “Hmm what to weaarr?” She thought to herself but her thoughts were interrupted by her mother scrambling in the room.

“Oh babydoll your already up. Wow okay” She sat at the edge of her bed which faced the closet.

“Mom we have a ser-we-us problem. I have no clue what to wear!”

Her mom stood up giggling standing by the closet with her daughter “hmm let’s see how about this...?”

She pulled out a pink pencil skirt, a black tank top with a pink cardigan

“Mom your a life saver!” She hugged her mom tightly

“Come on little princess time for breakfast. We have to eat quickly so daddy can walk you to school.”

She quickly ate her cereal and fruit then grabbed her book bag as her dad grabbed her hand after giving mom hugs and kisses.
———————————————
@Bancroft Elementary

After about a four minute walk they reached the school. Eerica’s Eyes opened widely. The school was massive. She couldn’t WAIT to see what her classes and classmates were like.

“Okay buh this is it. I love you ” her father said bending down in front of her giving her a tight squeeze and they did their special handshake, then Eerica proceeded to the building looking for her class.

Once she finally found it she walked in happily seeing a few kids already here. She placed her things in her cubby. She spotted one kid playing with blocks and another sitting at her desk. She didn’t know who to approach first. So she approached the little boy with the blocks first.
Sitting next to him.

“Hi I’m Eerica!” She said with the most friendliest expression. She hoped to make a lot of friends

@Lokhart Residence

Jays eyes flung open as the realisation of school hit him hard in his head. Although a metaphorical statement, Jay grasped his head in annoyance at this new life change. He slumped out of bed and dragged his legs across the smooth, expensive wooden floor and reached out in a sleep deprived way in order to grasp at his clothes he had previously laid out. Then his hand grasped the soft feel of his blazer he had prepared for today, his eyes widened and he managed to view his room, although his mum sure wasn't rich - his grandparents were very much 'rolling in cash', and the relationship between his mother and her parents had improved and so they had been allowed into Jay's life by spoiling him stupidly. At the end of his bed towered a gargantuan wardrobe filled to the rim with clothing, shoes, accessories ext. and he'd managed to pick out a very fashionable blazer along with some tight trousers, complimented with a stylish hat. Makeup and clothing had always been his thing and even at such a young age he carried a confident swagger along with him. After changing he strolled downstairs to be awaited by some eggs and bacon prepared by his mum, he squealed excitedly and hugged her as he very politely ate his breakfast. *GULP* the last mouthful of food went down and he kissed his mum and walked to school. Jay was a very independent child and the school was literally around the corner anyway so he strolled casually to school.

@Bancroft Elementary

His little eyes widened as he absorbed the beautiful view of the perfectly architecture school, he dramatically dabbed his eyes with a handkerchief and made his way over to where he saw other students. He strolled in, an air of confidence and sass engulfing him, and viewed the other children around him. Trying to make an impression he strolled over to a nearby wall and slumped up against it.

Ryan Decarlo

It's the secret ninja headquarters! Ryan thought to himself as he placed a triangular block on top of two rectangular ones. It didn't take long for the little guy to lean back a moment to check out his progress before punching the air with enthusiasm. As he swiped up another block, Ryan caught a glimpse of a small figure moving from the side of his eye. The second student had just entered and she seemed like a slightly nervous brown-haired girl. Ryan was about to ask her if she wanted to play, but the girl put her head down before he could even do so.

Maybe later? . . Alright back to work. Ryan's focus returned to his most recent ninja lair project as he grabbed a rectangular block in each hand. The boy decided to make the room a bit bigger, and leaned over to push the walls aside just a bit more. After that, he placed the two blocks on top of one another to create an extension. Ninja mansion! Ryan thought to himself as he grabbed a triangular block with his left hand before hearing a voice beside him.

"What's up, Eerica?" Ryan replied before leaning back to actually see who he was talking to. He smiled casually putting his right hand out to her, "I'm Ryan."

Shortly after Ryan's introduction, another kid came in acting like he owned the place. "And what's your name, mister?" A low voice asked the latest entrance. Mr. Talavera similarly slumped against the wall beside the too cool for school superstar seeing how the newcomer would react.

ClownPope ClownPope EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa Miljonz Miljonz

Harper Letycja Rhodes

Harper had been thinking about her first day at school for days, switching between excitment and butterflies in her stomach - when her Mom had told her that she had cried for an hour. She hadn't wanted them to be trapped in her stomach, it was only after they had found her sniffling and crying in her room, stuffed bear in tow - that they explained it was just a phrase.

She thought it was a stupid phrase.

But now she was sat in her Dad's car and she really didn't want to go - "What if the teacher stinks? What if I don't like the teacher? What if the teacher doesn't let me go pee....what do I do then? Do I hold it? What if I can't hold it!? Because Anna said that her teacher didn't let her go when she started School because her teacher was a rotten witch! Dad! Daddy! What if-" Harper rambled, an anxious bundle of energy and nerves. Anna had told her everything about school, Anna was four years older than her which meant that she was practically ancient - and Anna had told her how bad her teacher was when she was at School, now all Harper could think was that she was going to be stuck with a witch for a year.

The also school looked big.

Really big.

She hadn't thought a place could be that big, it was bigger than her Dad's work.

It was probably as big as a castle.

Squinting she decided it was definetely bigger than a castle.

She was in her Dad's pickup truck, it was an old orange one that she knew as 'The Great Pumpkin,' her Mom usually called it 'The Great Waste of Space,' but she disagreed. Riding in it made her feel like Cinderella.

Her Father cut her off with a soft laugh, "Hey...you'll do great! You'll love it there! There'll be loads of other kids that you can make friends with." He saw that Harper had opened her mouth as if to start speaking again, "Lee...I really need to get to work, I love you." She squirmed slightly as he kissed her forehead. Reluctantly she undid her seatbelt and got out of the car, waving at her Dad as he started to drive off - a part of her wanted to cry, the other part of her felt like she was going to be sick.

The last time she was sick was when she got the flu, she had been in bed for days and had the sniffles - it had been horrible.

She really didn't want to be sick.

Harper clutched her backpack straps, it was a green one that matched her raincoat. She had a white and green dress on and a white headband in her hair. She hummed a song her Mother used to sing to her under her breath and headed towards the building, trying to stay out of the way of the big kids - some of them looked like giants.
. . .
Her classroom was pretty, blocks everywhere and drawings on the walls. She hoped she'd get to do drawing, she loved drawing. Not finger painting though, it felt weird on her hands and she didn't like it.

It felt icky.

One of the cubby's had a name on it, H A R P E R, grinning she realized that was hers and carefully placed her backpack and coat inside of it.

There were already a couple of kids in the room, she smiled nervously at them and then at the teacher. She didn't know what she was supposed to do, some of them were playing and some of them were just there! Doing nothing! One girl had her head slumped against the desk and Harper tilted her head in confusion, that couldn't be comfortable - could it? She was pretty sure that she wouldn't like to sleep on a desk, her brow furrowed and scrunched up as she thought.

A boy was slouched against the wall too, biting her lip she rocked back and forth on her feet and watched him carefully before turning her attention back to the girl. She didn't know what she was doing, the other kids were either playing or doing whatever he was doing, putting on her best smile she walked over to her and waved "I'm Harper! Well I'm Harper Lee...but not really...that's a writers name not mine....well it is kinda....anyways....why are you sleeping on a desk? Is it nice? I don't think it'd be nice....what's your name?"

ClownPope ClownPope

Last edited:
"SCHOOL TODAYYY!" Beth yelled out rushing into her parents room and throwing open the door "Wake up! I don't want to be late!" Her parents stirred with a groan. They had barely been sleeping what with her sister's cries waking them up all night long. "Honey we still have an hour, go get dressed and I'll call you fro breakfast soon." Her mother told her. Beth nodded and zipped out of the room and back into her own. She opened her closet and pulled out her favorite dress. it was white with flowers in pink, blue and yellow. She also grabbed her green converse shoes and struggled to lace them up. Settling with a couple of loose knots that her mother could make into proper bows later she made her way downstairs. her father was up and was cradling the baby "Daddy!" She called out "can you help with my shoelaces?" Her father turned around, he was feeding love with the bottles her mother had made up "In a minute honey, why don't you go watch some TV. Beth looked a bit put out. She pulled a face at clove and did what her father suggested. From the other room she could smell french toast and soon enough her mother came out with a nice big plate of the stuff for her "Yay!" She said and dug in. Her mother cleared her throat and with a mouthful shesaid "Thank you mummy"

Her mother smiled and knelt down beside her "Have a good first day Bethy, I love you, I'll pick you up later. Beth frowned "But can't you come with me today?" She shook her head "Mummy has to work baby, but your daddy will drop you off!" Beth sulked "I want mummy." She said, which only got her a pat on the head and a request that she finish her breaky.

- - -

In the car, Beth was practically jumping up and down with excitement "Honey put your seat belt back on!" Her father said, shocked as she took it off to stand up and look out the window as the school approached. With a huff she did as she was told. They pulled into the car park and her father let her out of the car and took the baby out of her baby seat. "Here we are Bethy!" Beth beamed. For once she didn't even care that her father was holding clove instead of her "Bye daddy!" She said giving him a kiss and then waving as she ran for the door. Opening it up she took in the new sights. There were some shelves where she placed her backpack which her father had packed for her the night before. She saw her name next to a shelf and felt proud that she had a spot all of her own. Entering the classroom she saw she was not the first to arrive. There were kids playing with blocks, kids at the desks. For the first time Beth felt a pang of nervousness. She hoped the others wouldn't hate her. The feeling soon left a she made her way over to the other kids near the blocks "Hi!" She said excitedly "I'm Beth! Are you guys playing with blocks? Mum always buys me building blocks, she says she works with big wooden ones in real life to make things out of." Beth said excited, then she remembered her mum also told her about manners "What's your guy's names?" She asked. She then turned to the guy leaning against the wall as if just noticing why he was there "My mum says slumping like that is bad for your posture" She told him, not mentioning that she didn't even know what posture meant.

Justine Adams Justine sat up abruptly at the sound of someone speaking to her. Her eyes darted around quickly before falling on the girl in front of her. "Huh? Harper? I wasn't sleeping. Just waiting for class to start I guess. And no, it's not very comfortable." She tapped on the desk a couple times. Thunk thunk. "I'm Justine." Now sitting up straight she fidgeted slightly in the seat swinging her legs a little, hands folded in her lap. She looked around quickly once more and noticed more people had arrived. Another small wave of anxiousness went through her and she slouched a small bit. "Uh...Nice to meet you I guess."

Calvin McGeary

Calvin woke to the sound of a blaring alarm; the first of over fifteen thousand he would have to endure over the course of the rest of his life. The sound was deafening to his young ears, and he almost wanted to scream. He could if he wanted to; his mother had already left for work at six in the morning, which is the reason Calvin had an alarm clock in the first place. However, he managed to talk himself into not wasting the breath, and instead got up and flicked the off switch on his alarm clock. Calvin didn't like this arrangement, not even in the slightest, but he didn't have a choice. This would be his life for quite some time to come, and the best thing he could do was get used to it.

Calvin went over to his dresser and put on the first things he found; a gray t-shirt, a navy blue pullover hoodie, and some bog standard jeans. One thing unusual for his age, however, was his belt; no matter how down he felt or how much he didn't feel like doing anything, he never, ever forgot to put on his belt. After he finished dressing, he went over to his dresser and fished out a few coins, including five quarters, a dime, two nickels, and four pennies. This money, of course, was intended for lunch, as his parents had not yet set up his lunch money account with the school yet. Speaking of food, after he took all the coins he needed, he slid down the staircase railing outside of his bedroom into the kitchen--something his mother would scold him for, had she been here--and threw together a bowl of cereal. Though, being young, Calvin wasn't exactly an expert in portion control, and as a result he poured a massive bowl of cereal. It mattered little, however, as he still managed to finish all of it, and without (much) protest from his stomach.

At this point, Calvin checked the clock to see how much time he had, as he had to be at the bus stop by 7:15. The clock read 7:03. So, after brushing his teeth and breaking into a brisk jog, he found himself on the bus in just the nick of time. The bus was alive with the sounds of older grades; friends reuniting, and such. Calvin just silently made his way to the back of the bus, looking around at the students he would be accompanying to school. The ride was short--he didn't live very far at all from the school--and he soon found himself eclipsed by the massive shadow of the school building. Its size gave it an ominous feel he couldn't quite describe; he didn't know the word yet, but Calvin would soon learn to describe this feel as oppressive.

Calvin carried himself to the kindergarten classroom--well, the one he was supposed to be at, anyway--and he walked to his seat in silence. He wasn't normally this nervous around people, but a few days ago he became unusually aware of something; his accent. It wasn't nearly as thick as his father's, as Calvin was definitely American-born, and his mother was certainly American, but he just kind of picked it up during the time he spent with his father. After all, despite their absence most of the time, he spent more time with them than anybody else. He didn't want to seem weird because of his accent, but he knew he would have to say something at some point. He sat down at wherever was convenient and rested his head on the desk to avoid drawing attention.

--Open for Interaction--

Jay had been left in a sort of daydreaming state and was awoken from the semi-awake slumber by his soon-to-be teacher coming and slumping next to him. After listening to the teachers question he looked him up and down, smiled and did a quiet tongue pop,
"Jay Lokhart, six years of age and I live a few houses down from the sgool" He replied with a false politeness present in his form of presenting his recent answer, he was honestly very respectful (when necessary) towards his elders, but with his nerves at currently maximum, he was struggling to be kind and polite like he had been taught. Much to Jay's fury, he pronounced the word 'school' wrong and sounded like a child which he was and he placed his tongue on the roof of his mouth in annoyance and crossed his arms dramatically in a strop at his childish form of speaking. "I guess you're going to be our teacher den?" Jay asked, attempting to be kinder in his form of communicating with the teacher. He gazed, uninterested, at his talon-like nails and inhaled deeply before gazing over the other kids in the room.

Jay was about to yawn before being abruptly interrupted by a curly, ginger haired girl, he hadn't even noticed her talking to them and felt a slight stab of guilt that he was being so devilish. "Thank you for that useless piece of infowmaition!" He said sarcastically before trying to hide the fact that he was horrified that his ridiculous child voice had come through and 'babyfied' his posh vocabulary, he tried to remember that most kids didn't understand his, identified as 'mean', humour wasn't to be taken to heart he was just a bit egotistical in his ways and liked to tease others he deemed unworthy He'd also completely forgotten that there was a teacher next to him and how irritable he was being; this was not a good start....

Xanto Xanto Lava Lava

Last edited:
Ryan Decarlo

7:57am​

Ryan was waiting for Eerica to shake his hand when another girl approached them introducing herself enthusiastically. The boy opened his mouth to reintroduce himself, but was shortly cut off by her rapid fire statements. "That's so cool!" Ryan's eyes lit up when Beth told him that her mom got to work with wooden blocks in real life. Practically playing with blocks during "work" seemed like a fun job to him. Within a few seconds, Beth spoke up yet again asking him and Eerica what their names were. "Ryan," He simply replied watching her turn away to comment about another guy's posture. How was slumping going to ruin his posture? Ryan's brother had a bunch of postures in his room, but slumping never worsened their condition. Little did the kid know, posture and poster were two different things.

The boy used his right hand to adjust his glasses over his face before returning his attention to Eerica. "So . . ," Ryan cut himself off having caught a glimpse of the digital clock on the wall. It was already 7:57am! "You want to play with me during recess?" He asked not shifting his gaze from her as he began to push the blocks back into the bin. Even if he didn't fully understand the essence of telling time, Ryan new that any number after 55 was close to becoming 00. That was usually when his father would start rushing the family to go to church. The Decarlos always had to leave at 8:00am on Sundays to arrive five minutes before mass. In other words, once it reached 7:55am, Ryan's father would start telling everyone to leave the house like it was on fire.

EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa Lava Lava Miljonz Miljonz

Eerica shook Ryan’s hand giving off an infectious smile. She then turned her attention to the girl standing near her and Ryan. “Hi I’m Eerica..but I mean my friends call me E.” She looked at Ryan smiling at him “Yeah I would love to play at recess with you.” Eerica was growing excited. Did she just make a new friend?”

Eerica stood up saying hi to all the other kids in her class before finding her cubby putting her stuff inside. She then walked to her desk smiling at everyone waiting for the teacher to come in but more excited to get to know more kids

Mr. Talavera

Mr. Talavera held his gaze on the sassy student who had a lot of confidence for his age. The generation he was about to teach definitely had a different behavior than his own. The teacher sighed as the kids around him continued to talk not really being aware that this was just the beginning of their entire academic career. Childhood, so simple and unreal. Thoughts continued to run through his mind before the time suddenly caught his attention. "Alright kiddos, 8am! Time to get to work," Mr. T began as he took a seat at the front of the room. After teaching shapes, reviewing counting, and showing some basic math to his students, Mr. T finally stood up from his stool. "Good work, gang! Your reward? Five extra minutes for recess! You all may leave," He announced casually going over to his desk to fix some papers scattered above it.

RECESS TIMESKIP!

Ryan Decarlo
Ryan finished placing the blocks back into the bin before heading over to his seat and paying attention to the lessons being taught. First up was shapes! Square? Triangle? I got this! . . wait, what's a pentanog? The boy curiously listened to his instructor discuss secrets to finding out the difference between a pentagon and octagon. Soon enough, Mr. T smoothly transitioned into counting. Shapes in addition to counting were quite the combination. The number of sides and corners to a pentagon still slightly confused Ryan especially after the nonagon and decagon were introduced. The eight-sided and cornered octagon wasn't that hard to remember though. Maybe because octagon reminded him of octopus? He leaned back in his seat listening to the teacher switch to math. It was a subject that Ryan was okay with.
THUD! "RECESS!" The boy yelled kicking the door open and running out the room with a basketball wrapped in his arms. It didn't even take a minute for Ryan to jump up from his seat and take the closest ball next to him after Mr. T announced their break time. Although he had been listening during the whole class, the kid truly enjoyed playing games whenever he could. Suddenly, Ryan halted in his footsteps just before swiftly looking over his shoulder for the people he had spoken to earlier. "Eerica! Beth! Y'all up for some basketball?" He questioned slightly raising a brow at them.

ClownPope ClownPope madame moiselle madame moiselle Webs Elk Webs Elk Xanto Xanto Sluper Sluper Miljonz Miljonz Sizniche Sizniche Clowns Or Midgets Clowns Or Midgets EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa Lava Lava

Eerica tried to focus really hard on the different shapes. I mean really why is there so many? Plus all she could actually think about was running outside with the kids in her class. For now she focused on the teacher. I can’t believe we’re learning about counting I mean come one 1 2,3...wait what comes after 3?

———-RECESSSSSSS———
Since everyone was doing good for the first portion of class we were all rewarded with five extra minutes of recess. As soon as he announced it Eerica popped up closing up her books then walking out the classroom. She saw Ryan rush out the class with a basketball then as he spun around quickly Eerica jumped back laughing. “Yeah I love basketball. Hope you can catch up!” Eerica giggled grabbing the ball out his hand racing him down the hall and outside on the playground towards the basketball court.

Eerica waited for them to catch up bouncing the ball watching all the other kids pour outside. She loved how the late summer weather felt. It was just the right temperature.

Justine Adams Justine thought shapes were pretty easy. Well, for the most part anyway. Once they got past the ones with 5 sides she kept forgetting the names for them. She remembered which one had how many sides, but the names all got mixed up in her brain. Heptagon? Hexagon? Octagon? And what is this madness with numbers!? Theres so many!

Recess
When recess was called Justine sat confused for a second, still reeling from all the talk of numbers. She collected herself after a quick couple seconds and hurried outside. Approaching the monkey bars she hopped up and grabbed on. Hanging there for a second she didn't know what to do exactly, she swung herself forward and grabbed the next bar. Oh! Hey this is kinda fun! She swung across the money bars a few times before her hands got sore. Now looking around the playground for what to conquer next.

Jay's eyes followed the teacher's finger as he traced the whiteboard with the tip of his nail, presenting different shapes of a variety of corners, edges, ext. Explaining, as he went, about the fact that the total number or corners, when added up together, hinted at the name due to the 'similar' sounding shape name. They did a bit of work on it as well and watching each individual shape in its form was so... fascinating!

Ha! Who was he kidding? He despised shapes! Who wanted to know that a shape with 8, or 5... no it was 8 - Jay was pretty sure of that... corners name, sounds like an octopus!? No one, is the answer.

After what felt like a millennia, they moved on to counting; that of which Jay didn't mind. It was, in fact, probably his strongest area in maths - something about adding was very swift and simple for him to do, however give him anything else and he'd collapse: TO. MUCH. INFORMATION. After understanding fully what Mr. T had said, questions were beginning to be asked so he went into his dream like state. Jay's gaze ventured to the clock and tried to decipher how long it had been... The clock was digital which proved to be extremely useful and he managed to work out that it had been around an hour or so - or not who knew? Time flies, eh? Suddenly he was startled by the sudden ring of the bell informing that it is the time of Recess and Mr. T proving that by also stating what time it was. He saw one of the boys he interacted earlier run out of the class and he packed up, thanked the teacher and strolled outside.

Harper Letycja Rhodes

Harper tilted her head, looking a bit like a confused puppy, as she listened to Justine's answer - she nodded and grinned at the girl and had been about to open her mouth to say something else but the sound of their teacher cut her off. Tapping her fingers against her skirt she sat down in her seat, it was a red one, she liked red. The teacher started to tell them about shapes, it was confusing - she could remember that Octagon was 8 because it sounded like Octopus. She had a book about them, her Dad bought her it.

She also knew what a triangle, square, rectangle and a pentagon was. The Pentagon looked funny, like a house. By the end of it Harper was pretty proud of herself and she was beaming from ear, the teacher then started telling them how to count. Easy! Harper was almost sad when Mr. T announced that it was recess.

The yard was massive, there were monkeybars and basketballs, she saw some of the others playing a game of basketball and Justine had been playing on the monkeybars. Biting her lip nervously she tried to decide what to do next.

Ryan Decarlo

"Ya' sneaky girl," Ryan smirked as he began to run up to Eerica to retrieve the ball. He wasn't used to playing games with girls around his age since he usually only played games against his older brother. Hopefully Ryan wouldn't accidentally play too rough with her or any of his other classmates. All of a sudden, everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Ryan's left foot stepped on his right untied shoelace, and down he went onto the concrete ground! " . . ow," The kid mumbled after his knees, stomach, and hands landed against the cement. His glasses had flown off at a reasonable distance though, which was quite fortunate for him.

Without fully pushing himself up from the ground, Ryan reached over for his glasses and adjusted them on his face with a smile. It was good that his lenses were still in tact. The slightly injured boy looked forward just before he was about to push his body up from the ground only to see a leafy fence with a small passageway right below it. It's like a leafy wall with a secret door! Thoughts soared through Ryan's mind regarding the possibilities beyond the suspicious passage.

It took a few moments for him to suddenly snap back to reality as he slowly stood up from the ground. Luckily, his jeans prevented his knees from getting scraped. Ryan's gaze adjusted itself over the palms of his hands to see that they had been a bit scratched up. It was nothing a little hand wash couldn't fix though. "Hey Eerica," Ryan moved his eyes onto the girl holding the basketball, "What if we save basketball for later?" To any other student, this scenario may have seemed like Ryan hurt himself and didn't want to play anymore. However, his next few words might have caught any witness off-guard.

"Anyone want to go on an adventure?" Ryan gently wiped his wounded hands against his pants, "Cause that hole doesn't look like it was made for a pet or an adult." He was right. The passageway within the leafy fence was a good size for someone their age. In hindsight, this might have not been a safe idea. Let's just take into consideration that kids are kids. Danger at this point is almost non-existent in the eyes of many.

Students: Justine Adams ClownPope ClownPope , Dimitri Alexeiev madame moiselle madame moiselle , Kliffton Beid Jr. Webs Elk Webs Elk , Ryan Decarlo Xanto Xanto , Dante Ichiro Sluper Sluper , Jay Lokhart Miljonz Miljonz , Calvin McGeary Sizniche Sizniche , Harper Rhodes Clowns Or Midgets Clowns Or Midgets , Eerica Taylor EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa , Bethany Todd Lava Lava

Last edited:
Kliffton Beid Jr.

"Hmm. hmm hmm. hmmmmm hm hmm hmmm! Hmm ... "

Kliff was currently humming nothing in particular while walking on the two by fours that surrounded the playground equipment from the concrete sidewalk, trying his hardest to keep his balance. I mean, if his sister could do it, so could he right???

Despite how he felt about it, he kept losing his balance after a few seconds, but was usually able to catch himself, before falling to the ground. However, not everyone was that lucky, he noted, as he saw one of his classmates fall right onto the concrete. It was the boy who was playing basketball with his tablemate, Eerica, Kliff noted. As such, he decided to pause his attempts at balancing on the wood and run over to the two to see if the boy was alright.

Although Kliff hadn't met the boy yet, he knew he couldn't be that bad, due to the fact that he was also friends with Eerica. For many cascading reasons, Kliff was late to class and arrived during the middle of math. Although he didn't struggle with the material at all, he definitely felt out of the loop about school in general. Fortunately, he was placed next to Eerica who not only helped him catch up on everything he missed, but helped him settle in.

So, his mind made up, Kliff began walking towards the two kids his age. Fortunately, he could see that the boy wasn't injured too badly. Kliff was going to return to his perimeter balancing challenge, but the words of the boy intrigued Kliff, "Anyone want to go on an adventure? Cause that hole doesn't look like it was made for a pet or an adult."

Kliff looked towards where the boy was referencing and saw the hole for himself. Sure enough it was WAY too small for an adult to go through. Of course, this intrigued Kliff even more so he began to smile, but only for a brief second before his mouth returned to it's usual poker face, and nodded, "I'm up for an adventure."

As he answered the boy, Kliff turned down the volume on his hearing aids. It was starting to get loud on the playground as more and more students and teachers came outside and as such, Kliff didn't want to give himself a headache by having them on their highest settings.

Eerica Taylor - EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa
Ryan Decarlo - Xanto Xanto

• Child

Beverly Greene

She already hated going to school. It was absolutely nothing like she'd ever imagined in her entire life. The first lesson was dumb to her, as she didn't understand why they needed to know about shapes. It's not like anyone from that class would actually grow up to be a shape-ologist or whatever, so it was dumb. Therefore she wanted every other lesson to be better than whatever that lesson was. She would stomp on a ladybug if she ever had to go through that again, and she loved ladybugs.

Recess was so far her favourite part of this day that had happened, the large crowd of screaming children did make her nervous, however, she got over that as she walked through the playground, her shoes already getting dirty from the bark. She frowned at this, looking up to see if there was anyone that she could play with. She wanted them to be interesting though, she didn't like boring kids at all.

Her attention to the playground was brought back to reality when she noticed about... one, two, three... Three kids, all staring at this hole. It looked dangerous, and her mother wouldn't be proud if she found out that Beverly went somewhere out of bounds, but she really could not bring herself to care at this point. She was bored out of her mind, and everyone else had already made their own friends, so she may as well just barge her way into this seemingly formed friendship group between her fellow peers.

"What's that?" Beverly asked false-curiously. She knew what it was, and she didn't know why she was playing dumb, because she definitely was not dumb, but she had to enter the conversation somehow, didn't she?

Justine Adams Justine kept scanning the playground and had noticed her fellow classmate fall. Her face quickly drew to concern and he hurried over, now overly conscious of tripping herself was careful about it. She stopped a few feet away not wanting to crowd him since she notice a few other of her classmates coming up. When he mentioned adventure it caught her attention and swiftly distracted her from the concern. "Adventure? Sure!" Was this how you make friend? Justine wondered in the back of her mind. She didn't want to get in trouble if they got caught by any adults, but if it meant having fun it couldn't be to bad right? Plus that was a rather suspicious looking hole, like something from a children's book where you get send to a magical land or something. And that's one thing Justine wasn't about to miss out on, weather it was possible or not.

Ryan Decarlo

It didn't take long for a few kids to chime in after Ryan's public offer. Apparently, no one cared if the hole led to a never-ending drop or mountain filled with gold. These kids let curiosity get the better of them just as Ryan did. "Well," The little host began as his eyes shifted amongst the people who either spoke up or silently approached them, "Let's go!" Ryan took off running before feeling a sharp pain on his knees forcing him to briefly stop in his tracks. His brown eyes glanced down at the marks against his jeans that he had earned from skidding against the concrete ground. Maybe it would be ideal for Ryan to just walk to the passageway.

"A weird hole that can lead to a weird place," Ryan glanced over his shoulder spotting Beverly for a moment, "Weird right?" A small smile formed on his face before he turned to walk toward the passage. There was a small sign just toward the top of the passageway that many kids at that stage of life would fail to read. Most would come to find out that the sign was written in calligraphy at a later age though. The sign read "Bancroft Treehouse for the brave of heart". If only the smart designer had noticed that Kindergarteners wouldn't really be able to understand those scribbles.

"Gah, a spider web!" Ryan announced moving his arm through the passageway. His body halted at the plain tree in the midst of a normal looking grass field on the other side of the passageway. Did they seriously just get hyped up for a tree? A TREE. The boy furrowed his brow as he turned to view the people behind him. Did anyone see anything special? Perhaps he needed to change his glasses. Ryan relaxed his facial muscles and sighed before closing his eyes in disappointment. Why Lord . . The boy thought in his mind as he leaned his head upward trying to direct his thoughts to heaven. As soon as he opened his eyes though, all his initial feelings were taken back, " . . Woah." Treehouse.

Webs Elk Webs Elk crossofjesus crossofjesus ClownPope ClownPope EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa AND WHOEVER ELSE WANTED TO TAG ALONG BUT HASN'T POSTED YET

Back once more slumped against the shaped stone brick wall, Jay realised that the majority of kids were gathering around a hole through some sort of fence talking about an adventure or some nonsense. The idea repulsed him, and he sure as hell did not want to get wet or muddy especially in his new clothes that cost a fortune but on the other hand, he didn't want to be left out... Inhaling deeply, Jay made his way over to the group of anticipant pupils and stood in front of the hole observing it before turning around and replying, "Count me in!" adding a small, enthusiastic jump to show excitement - which was a change from his earlier, grouchy personality. He then watched the boy named Ryan take the lead through the passage and he decided to follow close behind, before stopping and looking up at a sign hanging overhead however puzzlement filled Jay as the letters placed on the sign were unreadable to him. He continued down the passageway, attempting to hide his excitement and amazement at the magical tunnel, before hearing the word cobweb and he jumped up and squealed; his fear of spiders now evident. The boy in front of him came to a stop and Jay copied his movement before attempting to discover the reason of the halt. His eyes followed the direction of Ryan's head and observed a tree... Just a tree..? "Ugh! So we just wowked out here for only a tree!" He was not best pleased as he would much rather be in the shelter of the school yard. He was about to complain some more before realising that there was what looked like a giant treehouse at the top of the tree. Suddenly, the tree looked a lot more magical yet intimidating, however Jay hated climbing trees and now the possibility of having to do that made him shiver. He begged that there was some sort of transport up the tree, like a ladder.

Xanto Xanto

Beverly Greene

Beverly had followed them through the hole, careful not to rip the fabric of her dress accidentally on any of the nature surrounding them. She didn’t understand why everyone was so excited about this hole, because all there was to be seen so far was dirt, dead leaves and... SPIDERS! She jolted back a bit when she saw the spiderweb, subconsciously making sure that nobody saw she was scared of the spiders that could be living on the web. Luckily there were none, so she was no longer afraid. “Bunch’a wusses. Even I’m not afraid of spiders.” She says proudly, grinning slyly and continuing to walk though the path of crunchy leaves.

They got to their destination, and it was an understatement to say that Beverly was disappointed. On the bright side, there were some really pretty dandelions in the grass, which she knew her mom would adore. She’d stepped forward to retrieve some, before stopping in her tracks when Ryan had spoke. She looked back and shot him a confused look, before realising he was looking up, were big, dumb branches really that interesting? Maybe it’s a people with glasses thing. She thought, before looking up herself, an awestruck smile gracing her face, fairies probably lived up there, at least she hoped. It looked like a fairy treehouse to her, and she wanted to befriend all the fairies that lived up in the majestic house. Maybe if she became close enough with them she could also become a fairy. Suddenly, she was no longer worried about getting her dress torn, she wanted to climb up that treehouse and explore.

( Xanto Xanto , Miljonz Miljonz )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back