• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Chosen Fates [Seven Paths CS Thread]

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.
The basic character sheet is flexible and adaptable to whatever format you wish. You can customize it with BBcode or leave it as plain text, the only thing I ask is that you include all of the details requested. For the sake of brevity, I ask that you make your characters concise and to the point, a single answer should be from one to three paragraphs, three to four sentences a paragraph, except for simple answers (like age or name, those are given to be short answers). Please use paragraphs and not bullet points unless otherwise allowed, be descriptive and really explore the depths of your character in as much detail as possible.

| OOC Thread | IC Thread | CS Thread | Fates Thread |​

Character Sheet~Fate: List your destiny card's name.

~Name: Given
~Age: Given. Preferably 25+, your character should have some significant life experience behind them.
~Heritage: Your ethnicity/parental background.
~Appearance: Please include an illustrated image as well as a description of any changes if necessary. Include height, weight, eye and hair colours, as well as any distinguishing marks such as tattoos, birthmarks, or scars.

~Occupation: What job they perform on a daily basis, or if unemployed, what they primarily do to fill their day.
~Training: Any specialized instruction your character has received outside of their line of work, such as advanced studies or extended schooling. Explain why your character took such specialized training. Limit of 2.
~Accouterments: List several (1-3, you may use bullets.) objects or apparel items that your character frequently uses. Give a short description of why they are important items and how they use them (favorite lucky underwear, pocket knife from grandfather, etc.)

~Personality: Describe the character's actions, habits, and emotional state in daily life.
~Strengths: List (you may use bullets) three traits that are positive about your character, either mentally, physically, or socially (Friendly, Athletic, etc.). Describe in a single sentence each how the trait applies to your character.
~Flaws: Same as Strengths, but negative traits (Violent, Liar, etc.) Please list three and describe as above.

~Marital Status: Single, Married, Separated. Include if they have children and how many, what ages. Describe how your character views their home life.
~Relationships: Please list (you may use bullets) at least 4 significant friendships/relationships your character has established. May be family, close friends/rivals/enemies, work associates/bosses, etc. Also describe how each has influenced your character, positively or negatively.

~History: Write a brief biography of your character's life to this point, including upbringing, schooling, and personal achievements.
~Motivation: Write about the reasons that drove your character to seek the fortune teller and what kind of answers they were hoping to find.
~Accomplishment: List your character's single greatest feat they are most proud of. Describe why they are so proud of this feat.
~Fear: List your character's single greatest fear. May be tangible (spiders, heights) or intangible (failure, humiliation). Describe what brought on this paralyzing fear and how they handle it (or not, as the case may be).

Last edited:

yNnROVJ.png

Wilhelm Lichthaus
-The Lonely Fisherman-
"Then so be it."

I turned to stone
Name: Wilhelm Lichthaus
Heritage: German/Swedish

Appearance
height: 6'3
weight: 189
eyes: Pale red.
hair: Grey/White
distinguishing features: A slouch in his shoulders, a limp in his step and his albinism.
When you were gone

Training
Extensive first aid courses; at first these were mandatory in the case of chemical accidents, but he continued past the necessary ones in the hopes to one day save a life.

He is in possession of a pilot's license due to his wish to be a member of the German military to serve his country. He successfully completed his training, but due to an unrelated incident that crippled him he never served.

Accouterments

-A white catholic cross given to him by his grandfather, who was a veteran of war. "A man of science can also be a man of God."

-A shiny, mahogany, weighted cane to ease his walking struggles. He prefers his cane not to be so light, but the thought has never crossed his mind to use it as a weapon. "It's a righty, and yes, I can walk without it."

-A metal flask filled with Jack Daniel's. It's was a gift from a student, and inscribed on the bottom is 'Chemistry states that alcohol is a solution.'"The burning is the best part."

Personality
He's undeniably sad and frustrated in his day to day life. He doesn't take it out on others, but he comes off as gruff or distant instead. He's stoic, especially after the death of his wife 14 years ago. He takes what he does seriously and is willing to help others, but he'd rather not get too attached, out of respect for his deceased wife (and so people won't pry into his secrets). His wife, who he frequently mourns for, visiting her grave and bringing red and yellow tulips whenever he can. It's a habit for him each morning to greet his night table picture of her with a kiss, which he always does again before he goes to sleep.

He's very dedicated to his work, using it as a distraction from the pain that still hasn't faded after watching his wife die. He pours himself a glass of whiskey into what he does, sometimes shutting everyone and everything out to try and lose himself. He often wants nothing more than silence and an empty room to ponder in, too prideful to talk to a therapist.

While he wouldn't describe himself as 'deeply religious,' he is still catholic and definitely believes in God. However, you will never hear him forcing his views on others, preaching verses, or even minding what they think. The most you'll hear from him on the topic is a "God bless," a "May God watch over us," or maybe you'll see him pray quietly to himself. He doesn't take kindly to people who insult him because of this, but the most he'll do is shrug his shoulders or maybe offer a rebuttal if insults continue.

Strengths
Well Read
: He's extremely smart, a critical thinker who's incredibly hard to trick or make a fool of.
Dedicated: Once he begins something, he will finish it without fail.
Observant: He notices mannerisms and little details missed by others.

Flaws
Stubborn
: His way or the highway, often doesn't care for the opinions or thoughts of people he dislikes.
Relapsing Alcoholic: He kept it together for a decade but has been falling apart recently.
Callous: He prefers to keep to himself, to an unhealthy extent.
When are you coming home?

Marital Status: Widowed. He is obviously quite unhappy with having to live alone, but he does not openly complain or grieve.

Relationships
+ His wife, Amalia
: His first love from high school who introduced him to his love and interest in science, especially chemistry. She was very passionate in everything she did, giving her all and always making an effort to try new things, which drew in Wilhelm easily. He's frustrated that he doesn't currently hold the same traits.
+ His bar mate, Nicolas: a particularly short, loud fellow who is a bit of a beer snob for lack of a better term. He's the only person Wilhelm currently feels close with, and they always meet on Friday to hang out or occansionally order (in Wilhelm's case, a drink) Wilhelm would never tell him to his face that he was indirectly the reason he (poorly) chose alcohol as his coping method.
- The Dean of science who personally discovered that he had relapsed after a decade of being (aside from the occasional half pint) sober: Dean Sonnenberg is a haughty and proud man who after finding out Wilhelm's secret decided to blackmail him with it, or risk he lose his job. He easily gets under Professor Lichthaus' skin, referencing the blackmailing in a "secretive and nonchalant" manner to threaten him further, whilst openly calling him incompetent and claiming that he's unable to do his job, often driving Wilhelm straight to contained anger. The Dean has been digging for reasons why he was an alcoholic in the first place, and Wilhelm doesn't want him to torment him about his wife, because he's certain that he would if he found out what really happened.
- A new student who's much too nosy: A young girl by the name of Linsay White who's scarily enthusiastic, particularly about trying to befriend him. He'd be okay with that if she didn't ask about his wife so much as she's also the cause of his relapse. She sticks around for a considerable amount of time after class, asking questions of all kinds, assignments, and ones about his personal life. He tries to be curt with her, but it's difficult when she walks with him (matching his slow pace) to the bus.
I can't go on...
History: For as long as he can remember, he lived with and was raised by his grandparents, both of which were retired veterans. He asked about his parents as a young child, only to find out that they had been fighting and creating an unsafe home for him.

While he wasn't particularly liked in school, he did not suffer any major abuses and eventually met Amalia, his to-be wife (of less than a year). He wanted to take after his grandfather and decided to take military training for the air force after he graduated high school. He completed training and asked Amalia to marry him to an overwhelming yes. Life seemed perfect, until his grandmother died, simply of old age when he was 22, about 5 months after his marriage. This hit his grandfather greatly, and he would take large amounts of time to spend time with him, trying to comfort him.

One night he decided to take Amalia with him, and he considers it the worst mistake of his life, it still gives him nightmares that wake him up screaming. A drunk man hit them head-on at high speeds. He was driving, and in his attempt to swerve, they ended up rolling into the ditch. He'll never forget the screaming of his wife as she hit the windshield and how she was covered in blood from forehead wounds, crying for him as he was thrown from the car, which stopped rolling just over his ankle, which was severely injured after facing jagged metal and glass shards. He passed out to the sound of his screaming, crying wife and woke up in the ICU two days later.

When he was released after several months of rehab and crying himself to sleep, his grandfather died from a stress-related heart attack, leaving him entirely alone. He bought a plane ticket out of stress and the need to escape to a random place in America, relying on his cane, permanently crippled at age 22. He didn't know what to do but do back to his potential career in the military, which too had been crushed with the fact that he was unable to walk unassisted. (While this wouldn't be the case forever,) he turned to his stellar high school grades and begun applying to different universities (under the influence more than not.) He finally made in into one and devoted his entire life to studies. He got three chemistry degrees and simply applied back at the same university, landing the job at age 36. He's been working diligently for two years but is unable to let go of his wife.

His second year of teaching is being made near impossible, adding a prying student that made him break down into relapse and a blackmailing Dean who is only making everything worse. He's trying hard to be an exemplary teacher.

Motivation: After his relapse began affecting his ability to work, he not only wanted to sort himself out once and for all but he also (secretly) wished to see if he could communicate with his wife.

Accomplishment: Beginning the possible findings of a new element. It absolutely thrilled him, and it's his favourite because it put his name out briefly in the world of science, and it gave him something to experiment with in his free time.

Fear: The Dean leaking his secret, firing him, and ruining his reputation. He's hellbent at getting out of this (mostly) unscathed, and he's going to be the bigger man and let the Dean make a fool out of himself because he won't budge and stoop to his level.

Professor Wilhelm Lichthaus is complete

Last edited:

disney-drawing-girl-merida-Favim.com-2714263.jpg

R E Q U I S I T E

N A M E
Charlie Hobson

A G E

H E R I T A G E
Scottish/English

O C C U P A T I O N
Stand up commedian

T R A I N I N G
Before meeting Cedric, Charlie wanted desperately to be a police officer. Yes, she knew it was a stereotype, but it was her dream. After school, she enrolled in academy where she received knowledge relating to basic first aid, law, criminology and victimology and also received intensive physical training.

A C C O U T E R M E N T S
A simple white hair clip, a long ago birthday present from her mother. As their relationship is deteriorating, she keeps telling herself she will get rid of it. It hasn't happened yet, and it's unlikely it ever will.

Her contact lenses. Nothing especially exciting, sure, but ,as she is incredibly short sighted, whenever she puts them on everything is so sharp and bright and beautiful. She used to wear glasses, but stopped when Cedric let slip he didn't think it was attractive.

Her lucky socks. One is bright red with green spots, the other bright green with red spots. They're pretty hideous, but for some reason she has always run into good luck while wearing them. The fact she got them at a pretty creepy garage sale doesn't help that mentality.

A P P E A R A N C E

H A I R
Red

E Y E S
Light blue with a ring of green/yellow directly around the iris

H E I G H T
5'10

W E I G H T
162lbs

S P E C I A L | F E A T U R E S
- A fist sized, roundish birthmark on the back of her neck
- A small scar on her thigh from childhood chicken-pox

P E R S O N A L I T Y

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Charlie is, in many ways, a stereotypical Scottish woman. Red haired, fiery tempered, confident, loud, funny...it all leads to the same conclusion. This is a happy and well rounded young woman.

The conclusion is wrong.

Charlie manages to get through the day to day events of life in a sort of stupor. She takes things,in but they rarely stick. She feels emotions, but they don't last long. She's there, but not...there. This is a coping method. Her life is slowly crumbling around her, and she knows why. She knows the cause, but she doesn't want to. Because she loves the cause.

She has a habit of acting without thinking. It's a bad one, and has gotten her into some pretty bad situations, but there it is. Examples of this include violence, which is often her go-to for solving a problem. This violence is a habit that has sprung up only the past few years, as she was certainly not raised like that.

As she was raised by a single mother, Charlie is strongly against sexism. This is a subject she will rant for hours about (fun fact: she's also really talkative. A rambler, so to speak). She also considers herself independent and dislikes receiving help. She can do things her own way, on her own terms. And when she does them, she will do them full out. She dislikes doing things halfway, and dislikes people who will do that as a habit. She is highly competitive, but a gracious (if slightly grudging) loser. If she wins though, she will gloat. For hours.

All in all, she is a unique individual. A mix of stereotypes and individualism. Let's see how this turns out.

S T R E N G T H S
Social- She likes, even thrives in crowds. Perhaps it's her inviting aura, or her arsenal of funny stories and jokes. She makes friends easily. Keeping them is another matter, though.

Selfless- It's just how she was raised. "Always put others first," her mother would say, "and one day they'll do the same to you."

Athletic- It comes from her training. Sure, it's been a few years since she has been intensive in her training, but she still pops down to the gym often to keep herself in shape. Just in case.

Hearty- When she does something, she does it. Doing things halfway just isn't her. If she's going to laugh, she laughs with her whole body. If she's going to take a job, she's going to study, practice, and ace it. If she's going to beat up a b****, she's going to beat a b****.

F L A W S
Clingy- She can't help it. She just always feels like people are going to leave her, and she is terrified of being abandoned.

Weak Willed- She can be guilted into doing things pretty easily, and can be manipulated easily too.

Tempermental- She can be worked up into a rage pretty easily. She's been working to control it, but hasn't improved much.

Laughing- Ok, this might not be a major negative trait, but sometimes it sure feels like it. She just can't help, she laughs at the worst possible times. And, as said before, if she laughs she doesn't just giggle. She laughs. It's gotten her in some pretty bad spots.

Dim- Not to a ridiculous extent, but it often takes her quite a while to get the joke. Ironic.

H I S T O R Y

H I S T O R Y
Charlie was born to a single mother. She never knew her father, she isn't sure if her mother did either. She was raised happily and healthily, and managed to pass school with a b average. In her early years of Highschool, their family cat, who had been with the, for nearly 10 years, passed away peacefully and she held a funeral for him in her backyard.

Growing up, she had always had a fondness for crime dramas. And so, it was at a young age the decision to become a police officer became firm. She wanted to help people, and wanted relationships like the people on the shows had with each other. It was an easy choice. After Highschool, she entered into the police academy. Two years later, at 22 years of age, she met Cedric.

It was love at first sight. He asked for her number, and the next week they were watching a movie together. It was very romantic. They dated peacefully for about a year before things began to go downhill.

Cedric became more controlling. It was a slow process, but an unmistakable one. He demanded she unrolled from the academy and get an easier, less time consuming job, he prevented her from spending time with other males, at one point he even wanted her to keep a journal of where she was at all hours of the day. She refused that one. But only that one.

Fights began to break out, fights that ended with screaming and crying and waved fists. And then one day, he went to far. He hit her, a sharp backhand across the mouth.

She broke it off, of course. She wanted nothing more to do with him. And yet, he seemed so sorry and pathetic and she remembered the good times they had had together. So she decided, just one more chance.

This became some sort of messed up cycle, each turn getting more and more dangerous, more and more violent. Which brings us to where she is today, living in a small, dirty apartment with a violent partner and a low paying, bar job.

M O T I V A T I O N
Curiousity. Plain and simple. She had never been to a fortune teller, and her mother was firmly against them. She just wanted to know what it was like.

A C C O M P L I S H M E N T
She's got a pretty good and busy business going on, with the stand up comedy. Of course, she still largely works at bars, but she has loads of those sorts of jobs and has been recently getting some higher (and better paying) ones too.

Perhaps it's a small thing to put as an accomplishment, but she's proud of what she's built (and also she doesn't feel like she's done much else with her life).

F E A R
She has a few fears. They can't be narrowed down to one main one. She's scared Cedric will dump her, that she will dump him, that he'll go to far and seriously hurt her, that her relationship with her Mum will never be as it was, abandonment, death...the list goes on.

Other then that, well, she has never trusted moose. Luckily she's unlikely to run into one anytime soon.

M A R I T A L | S T A T U S
In an on and off relationship

R E L A T I O N S H I P S
The other fates:
TBA

Cedric Riley (Boyfriend):
She loves him. She really and truly does, no matter how many times she dumps him. And he says he loves her too. She wants to believe him, and sometimes she does. Sometimes they are a normal couple and they love each other and things are bright and happy and she feels good. And other times they are screaming and crying and then he hits her and she leaves. But she always comes back, because she loves him.

Really, she considers herself very lucky to have met him.

Sabrina Hobson (Mother):
It's complicated. Although they had a semi-good relationship growing up, her mother disagrees with her relationship with Cedric. Seeing as this is, understandably, a touchy subject for Charlie, their rare meetings often turn to shouting matches. Their current relationship is...tense. The added stress of this isn't helping Charlie cope with the mess that is her life.

Jerome (Unknown last name):
The guy who serves drinks at a bar she is frequently hired at. They've been getting pretty close, and Jerome has probably been her number one supported. She doesn't know where she would be right now without him. Unfortunately, her relationship with Cedric is getting in the way of their (purely platonic btw) friendship. Jerome disapproves of her being involved with him, and their friendship as to be hidden from the big man himself too. He can get pretty (possessive) protective.

I'm sorry
277a6f35d5f55562c65c44d8d1b1f0e3.jpg

61b41b35c8b2d3b81b7ecf3fe49dbf88.jpg

c66a226c21f1ef1cd8dd0cc695e29993.jpg

9879c52d6156b99ee4633979183ce89f.jpg

Last edited:
(WIP, no format so forgive me)

The Wandering Sage
Kaitlyn Park

Heritage: British-Korean
Appearance:

3d2e555fa40dbfc57f8fb0c685bdbb13.jpg

“She is an angel,” would be the first thing on people’s lips when they see Kaitlyn. And who would blame them? Porcelain skin, coffee-brown eyes, soft features, pink lips, wavy locks of brown hair, all coming together to paint a picture of tantalizing innocence. Her short stature of 5’2” and graceful slimness only added to that impression, even more so when people realize her age.

“Fallen angel,” is what Minyoung would call her, owing to the ugly scars running down the length of her legs, bumpy lines of skin that never fully healed. They were remnants from an event she would never remember for her sanity’s sake. Most people wouldn’t notice, her legs hidden beneath long, lacy skirts while she sat on her wheelchair. Even if they did, pity would stop them from showing any reaction beyond a hug or a smile.

Despite her condition, Kaitlyn proved herself skillful with writing, both stories and code. She’s a freelancer, offering her services of front-end development to various clients across the world. At the same time, she maintains the Hiraeth saga under the pen name, Yumeno. It has quickly become a bestseller, earning her enough money to survive without the freelancing. But she likes to code. It gives her a sense of control over things, when she can’t even control her own body fully.

Training:

• Cooking - Since she lived with Minyoung, she never needed to worry about food. But sometimes-- well, often-- alright, most of time even her pet dog wouldn’t eat Minyoung’s food. So she took it upon herself to learn the basics of cooking, experimenting with cuisine she’s sampled from her travels.

Accouterments:

• Smartphone - Kaitlyn can never be without her Android phone. It helps her keep track freelance work. She can write in it during her free time outside the house. And when she’s bored she can play Mobile Legends.

• Locket - There was nothing special about the silver necklace she always wore, aside from the fact that it was the gift her parents gave her on her 18th birthday, weeks after her accident. The words, ‘What a Wonderful World’ are engraved on the sides.

• Wheelchair - For obvious reasons.

Personality:

Before the accident, Kaitlyn was a sweet, friendly girl with a penchant for wandering and mischief. Place her in the middle of a crowd of strangers and they’d all be friends by the end of the day. She was the kind of girl who liked to experience something new, and she’d take any and all opportunity to do so everyday. Despite doting parents, she grew up without a rotten attitude, taking in her mother’s kindness and father’s smarts. Though she’d given them headaches enough times with her adventures.

After the accident she withdrew into herself, preferring the company of silence and solitude. Depression hung around her like fog, seeping into her and anyone close to her. Her losses cut deep into her psyche, and she became desperate for anything that reminded her of what was. She didn’t push everyone away, but she didn’t let anybody in either. Until Minyoung.

After meeting Minyoung, Kaitlyn began to recover some of her old self. What came out was a girl, nervous yet hopeful, trampled by tragedy yet willing to give life another chance. A mix of both fire and ice.

Strengths:

• Wanderlust - Kaitlyn knows a lot about the world and its cultures, and could prove useful in some ways.

• Resilient - With everything that’s happened to her, she learned to be stronger, at least mentally and emotionally.

• Kind - Before anything else, Kaitlyn is a generous soul filled with light.

Flaws:

• Traumatized - She can relapse into her years of depression at the drop of a hat.

• Scarred - Her legs are broken, robbing from her the ability to walk.

• Introverted - She doesn’t let anybody close so easily.

Marital Status: Single

Relationships:

• Jaeha Park - Her father was stern but loving, who spoiled and disciplined Kaitlyn in equal measure. He taught her to better herself whenever she can.

• Analisa Park - Kaitlyn’s partner-in-crime has always been her mother. Yoona knows how to cover up for her daughter if need be. She taught her to be kind no matter what.

• Choi Minyoung - The taciturn nurse was a vital part in rekindling the spark in Kaitlyn’s life. He taught her how to live again.

• Yumeno - Kaitlyn’s pen name came from a friend across the globe. They never met, though she felt a strong connection to the Japanese woman.

History:

Kaitlyn Park was the picture of a privileged daughter. Born to a Korean father and British mother, both of whom were doctors, little Kaitlyn wanted for nothing growing up. Except perhaps for a taller body, she had everything she wanted. She was the picture of a girl spoiled rotten, yet through all her life she never lost the kind heart her mother helped instill.

And she loved to wander around. As a kid, she’d sneak out of the house with her caretaker and explore the neighborhood, make friends with other kids, play with their fluffy dogs, and pick flowers from their gardens to weave into crowns. She always got into trouble because of it, though she treasured each and every outing because she got something new out of it.

When she was older, she begged her parents to let her come with on their medical missions around the world. The father was a little reluctant, but the women of the family would not be swayed. Soon she was flying to the slopes of Tibet, eating from the bowls in Osaka, dancing with tribesmen deep in Ghana, and sipping a good cup of coffee in Norway. Her wanderlust grew and grew until she was booking flights and plotting cruises on her own. She loved the world and everything it had to offer. She could live her entire life on the go, all her possessions crammed inside a backpack.

Then came the accident.

She went on a roadtrip with six friends. All six friends died in a terrible crash along the road, and only she survived, legs broken in many places. Her parents quickly got wind of the situation and had a chopper fly her into the nearest hospital. Both her parents personally volunteered to conduct the surgery to save her legs. It was supposed to be cakewalk, despite the complexity of the procedure. Jaeha and Analisa Park were doctors of renown, and their daughter’s well-being was more than enough incentive to do their job right.

Fate, however, proved crueler than the stories say. A traffic accident blocked most major thoroughfares in the city, and no choppers could be commissioned in time for the operation. The responsibility fell on their two apprentices, who were understandably nervous. Nervous enough that while they managed to save Kaitlyn’s legs, they failed to save her ability to walk.

Severed nerves. Extensive scarring. Muscle loss. In time, she would learn to walk again. But it would be a long time before she could. She’d likely be in heaven by then.

For years she entered a state of depression, sated only by travel blogs and stories of faraway places. She learned to code, out of a desperate need for control. Her parents did everything they could to make her comfortable, yet it broke them to see their daughter faded, blank eyes staring into an empty place. They’d stay with her the entire time if they could, but their jobs demanded too much of their time. So they hired a nurse to take care of her whenever they couldn’t.

And that was how Kaitlyn met Minyoung, the person who dragged her screaming back into the light.

Years came and passed. Showered by her parents’ love and Minyoung’s constant care, she finally regained some of her old fire. The person she became was never quite the Kaitlyn of the past, but that was alright. She’d live life again, one step at a time. Which was why on her first outing since the operation, she asked Minyoung to push her towards a fortune teller tent that looked interesting...

Motivation:

While Kaitlyn found the fortune teller’s tent interesting, deep down she hungered for the answer to her one question: Will I ever be able to walk again?

Accomplishment:

Her single, greatest pride is creating the Hiraeth Saga. It is a compilation of her experiences while traveling the world, as well as the tragedies she faced.

Fear:

She fears the loss of all hope that she’d walk again. Only the assurance that her legs will recover keeps her going. If even that is taken away from her, nothing will stop her from sinking into depression.

Last edited:
The Dreamer
Mae Gabriela Brewer

Racial Heritage: Primarily African American, a small percentage English and Native American.

Appearance:
img_7952-jpg.290006

Height: 5"8'

Weight: 137lbs

Distinguishing Marks: Mae has a few tattoo's across her body; on her left arm, starting at her wrist and ending just below the shoulder is a tattoo of a winding vine of flowering ivy, with a small robin sitting on a offshoot of ivy on her inner forearm.Fluttering on the outside of her bicep is hummingbird, as if about to feed on the nectar of one of the flowers. On her right leg's calf muscle is a inspiration quote about the freedom and joy of running.

Training: Mae is a black belt in karate, and is currently working towards earning a black belt in judo. She chose to pursue self defense after one of her fellow dancers was attacked after their dance practice. The attack left the dancer cripple mentally and physically. Her trained agility from a life of dancing has left her agile and able to rise through the belt ranks.

Accouterments:

• Silver Necklace: Mae always wears her grandmothers necklace, which is a simple neck piece, the delicate chain only interrupted by a small ruby, set in a silver teardrop base. The necklace was a gift from her mothers mother, who told her it had been handed down for generations. Mae was very close with her grandmother, who helped raise her and treasured the necklace all through her childhood. When she graduated Julliard her grandmother gave her necklace.
    • Leather Jacket: When not in her dance uniform Mae normally wears a leather aviator jacket, the soft, coffee brown leather complimented with the white wool inside. A gift from her now deceased fiance, the jacket holds great significance for Mae as she is still pretty broken up over his death.
Personality: Overall a kind person Mae still struggles with the death of her fiance in her daily life. She has yet to move out of the apartment they shared, so she sees him just about everything everyday. She continues on, able to share a smile or laugh with her closest friends, but most days she is not at dance training or judo/karate training she visits the coffee shop she first met him in, getting lost in the memories they shared. A lot of her frustration and sadness is brought out when she fights as she is moving and can focus her mental fortitude on the task at hand, making her hit a little harder on the worst of days. Many people often mistake her as someone with no sense of humor as she appears to be serious most of the time, but she craves laughter and joy, most of which was destroyed when her best friend died.

Strengths:

• Agile: Trained at a young age in ballet, and then going professional as an adult has left Mae with great speed and grace, letting her float down the road like a feather on the wind.
    • Kind: While she has always been a kinder than most person the death of her husband-to-be has brought out some of the best in her. She regularly gives to the common beggars on her daily routes around the city, or pays for a struggling mothers groceries when she needs to buy some herself.
    • Sociable: The world of dancing is one tied with many networks, letting her develop a knack for being able to socialize with most anyone, from the lowest street dancer on the corner, preforming for change, or for dancers of the highest prestige.
Flaws:

• Depressed: With the people she loved and needed most in the world gone, Mae has fallen into a deep depression, which can be evident in the way she moves, and dances.
    • Hesitant: Mae can be overly cautious, resulting in her making important decisions at a slower pace than most
    • Emotional: Everyday it seems to be something different that makes her tear up a little, something that reminds her that her fiance is dead.
Martial Status: Mae is recently single, and despite her friends best attempts, refuses to go out and look for someone else. Her home life is not very good in the sense that she is surrounded by her now deceased fiance's possessions.

Relationships:

• Harvey Hartwell (Fiance, Deceased): Mae's now dead fiance was her best friend and love in life, the two having been a couple since childhood they drove each other forward in the world, encouraging each other to pursue their dreams, for Mae it was being a professional dancer, and for that was being a firefighter. While he was the source of almost all of Mae's joy while alive, his absence is the source of her sadness in her life.
  • Robin Brewer (StepMother, Deceased): Mae shared a special, deep connection with her mother who was the first to introduce her to dancing at the dance studio she owned. Always kind and patient with her daughter and her students Joy seemed to make life a little easier for everyone around her.
  • Grace Green (Best Friend): Not only her longest friendship, Grace is one of Mae's only living friends, leaving a lot of responsibility to fall on Grace's shoulders to be the emotional, and sometimes physical support Mae requires as she grieves over Harvey. With unwavering loyalty she stands by Mae's side through thick and thin, letting them grow close enough to be practically sisters.
  • Julian Evens (Barista, Somewhat friend): A barista at a small coffee shop down the street from her apartment, Mae see's Julian on a frequent basis. Always kind and ready to crack a joke he has brought a smile to her face, even on some of her darkest days.
  • Christopher Brewer (Father): Always dependable, Mae's father was a happy and hard working man, providing a her hard work ethic with his example as he relented in giving her a comfortable life, even though he was a single father. She maintains a good relationship with, having dinner with him once every other week.

History: Raised by a single father for the first 5 years of her life, Mae never considered her birth mother her actual mother. With her father working most of the time, Mae became independent at a rather young age. Babysat by a local business woman in the neighborhood Mae met her two best friends, Harvey and Grace, at a young age, their friendship forged in the happiness and innocence of childhood. At the age of 5 her father began dating his future wife, Robin. She introduced Mae and Grace to the world of dancing, to which they took to like ducks to a pond. Mae felt an instant connection with this kind woman, and when his father asked Robin to marry him two years later, Mae was thrilled.

She continued to dance away happily, her hard work ethics evident even at a young age as she continued to keep top grades in her classes while balancing the demands that came with her dancing. Able to maintain a perfect 4.0 GPA all through high school Mae was accepted on a full ride scholarship to the prestigious arts school Julliard. There she chose to further pursue a career in dance. Everything seemed to be going perfect for her after she graduated, she was set to marry one of her best friends, she had a successful career in dance and a healthy relationship with her father and step mother.

Things quickly spiraled downwards though. In a tragic car accident she lost both her mother and fiance to the windy, icy conditions of Chicago's weather conditions, shattering her perfect world. Having never experienced a tragedy of this magnitude rocked Mae to her very core, causing her to fall deep into what seemed to be an inescapable depression.

Motivation: For a long time it seemed to be a mystery why Mae continued to live in such a state of sadness. With the help of her best friend Grace, Mae persists with living and her dance career, wanting to make her dead loved ones proud of her. She would seek out a fortune teller to see if she would ever be over the sadness that plagues her life, and if her fiance and mother were happy, wherever they are.

Accomplishment: Graduated from Julliard on the Dean's List. Mae is extremely proud of being able to be such a exemplary student and graceful dancer, and feels that graduating from such a prestigious school validates her talent.

Fear: Death. With two of the people closest to her gone Mae fears that her father or her remaining best friend are the next people to be killed, leaving her alone in the world.

Last edited:
the broken healer​
Daniel.(Pixiv2455739).600.894755.jpg

reece hale. 30 years old. polynesian.

Appearance: Reece is a lanky pole to every person shorter than average height at 5'10" ft. Since he doesn't have much of the appetite and prefers to live off of energy drinks he's pretty much skin and bones and looks as if even a small wind will push him down. Though he feels completely good and energetic from them. If anyone wanted to know his secret to his wrinkle free face he'd say that all the energy drinks make him feel fly all the time to ever worry, always has a care free smile on his face, and is very lax. Never the type to bother about his appearance except for touring along the beach he lets his brown hair run amok in a small pony tail.

Occupation: He works as a playwright. Though he doesn't do his job daily as he always disappears from his known location after a couple of days and leaves a note for everyone to let them know he's off to find "inspiration". During the time he's already in his van or a plane to a place he's never gone to and pretty much tours the place having fun.

Training:
Law : Being the second son it was decided he would not inherit the conglomerate, it was his older brother's. Due to that up until his first year of high school his parents had instructed him to study law in hopes of him being an exclusive lawyer for the conglomerate who would defend them in case their questionable deals have been unraveled.​

Accouterments:
Laptop - Despite being able to but a new one he's had the same laptop over the past ten years or so. From the beginning he bought the laptop when he first started writing and he continues to use it despite it being a bit slow compared to the latest tech. Since it is his first he's taken care of it well and refuses to buy a new one until this one breaks. all of his stories in high school, a diary, and published and unpublished works and drafts are all on it. He finds the most interesting

Woven Leather Bracelet - Something he has been wearing nearly a decade ago. He doesn't remember why since it's been so long but since he's taken a liking to it he's worn it to the point the leather has completely worn off.

Personality:
If you knew him there would be a hundreds of ways to describe him. But at the same time no one can really get him. He's still got that inner child curiosity in him which leads him to many places he has never been before. Even now he still gets excited over the littlest things, mainly street life, food, and performances. That being said he's quite the nosy individual, butting into anyone's lives and whose goal is to become best friends with a stranger after a night of talking. It's always been like that. He finds the most interesting thing in life is man and their stories.

Given he's a people person he enjoys having small chat but mostly being the one in the background in big groups. When it's a small group or one on one is what he truly enjoys and takes off the imaginary tape on his mouth chatting up a storm.

Strengths:
Direct + Thickheaded Reece tends to not fret on small matters and does whatever he wants. In a way he still acts like a kid, but people's stares of contempt don't get to him. He doesn't care if some one says it's impossible. It wouldn't get to him. If he says he's gonna do it no one can change his mind. This is him trying to live without regrets.

Adaptable Living by mostly the flow Reece has found himself in a variety of situations. He's trying to experience all he can whether it's trying to be cultured by attending wine tests, opera, or visiting museums, or getting caught by his own curiosity to explore the darker sides of town. Surprisingly he has a lot of stories kept inside his diary which would be enough material for him to make tens of plays if not a hundred. Maybe it's due to writer's block he can never do so.

Really friendly Stranger danger? He believes there's no such thing. Man, isn't drinking alone lonely? BARTENDER ANOTHER SHOT FOR ME AND MY BUDDY OVER HERE. Very talkative, makes sure there's rarely silence around him.​

Flaws:
Idealistic In a sense he has a view of how things should be like. What his world should be and tends to be a bit perfectionist. He's not down to earth and can not entirely face reality.

Indecisive Not really much action wise such as jumping off a cliff, but he's indecisive when it concerns him and making big decisions which may change the course of his path. Sometimes he just let the flow of events take him as he goes off on a journey with no end in mind. It took him 17 years to runaway, and another 2 to get to where he is now. So if you're looking for a direct answer he's the last person to confide.

Tactless Although he can do his share of sympathy he doesn't have much shred of empathy. He can't understand why people feel the way they in certain situations and is not the best to find advice.

Marital Status: His parents have gotten him into an arranged marriage and now he's engaged and expected to wed in a year. But where's the fun in having things go smoothly for them? He's already planning on running away from the wedding, fake his death, and live a new life as a fisherman off the coast of some island on the other side of the world.

Relationships:
Timothy "Monday" Hines [Journalist/Friend] - Both middle aged, happy go lucky and equally weird (according to Reece) They are match made in heaven (also according to Reece). Like it was fate when he was still an unknown playwright Monday had been the first to approach him for an interview and plays. Since he said he was a fan Reece already had him at a likability of 100%. Since then they became friends and he is one of the first to read Reece's rough drafts and often helps him with his stories. He is also the poor soul everyone goes to whenever the playwright goes on his whimsical journeys.

Alana Valentine [Actress/Acquaintance] - An annoying yet interesting woman. At first she had approached him asking to be the star in his next play. Of course he rejected her. He hasn't finished an acceptable piece and is currently in a ongoing 2 year hiatus.

Mary and Brandon Hale[Family] - This relationship should have ended, minus the card. However due to the sudden death of his older brother in a plane hijack his parents have recently contacted him to come back under the premise of attending his brothers funeral. However, they had other plans in mind besides him paying respects. An arranged marriage. Now he doesn't know what to think of them other than asking if they're really his parents.

Cecilia Gold [Fiance?] - A sheltered rich girl was his first impression. He also knew her as his brothers fiance, though now it's ex-fiance. He has never properly talked with her but it is clear in his eyes on their forced first meeting as marriage partners she didn't like him.

Nadia and Kain [?]- The supposed main characters to his highly critiqued play, and number one masterpiece said by many.​

History: He was the second son of the Hale conglomerate, a large globally known conglomerate mainly specializing with computer software, but has also dabbled in other similar fields including household appliances. Since he was only the second son he couldn't inherit but his family already had plans for him in becoming one of the conglomerate's lawyers. However, he didn't have the best and brightest brain within the realms of law.

Even growing up and learning to accept the law as it was there was still a part of him who could not fathom laws filled with bias and full of loop holes. Especially when he knew if he continued on with it he would go no where still stuck within his parents radar. On a whim he planned to run away from home during his last debate competition he never showed up to. He always wondered what came after that. What happened in the year he had ran away. After the memory of going out of the hotel the next moment he found himself awake on the sandy beach of Hawaii, back at the corporation.

However it didn't take long for him to get them to disown him. Leaving him with a black card for all his needs they had figured he was a lost cause and let him go. A decade later he found himself being a play wright, mainly rewriting his dreams so he wouldn't forget, wondering if they meant something. He's now currently indulging his own interests of broadening his world and meeting new people until news his brother has died leading towards his parents coming back to him with an arranged marriage in mind.

Motivation: When he was a senior in high school he ran away from home. But after a year he was found the Hawaiian coast, still dry with his things conveniently next to him, coincidentally where his family's vacation villa is located. Where he was in that year or what he did he couldn't remember. The only clues he has are the vague diary entries he has stored on his old laptop. And although he's always been searching he has yet to find another clue and sees a fortune teller despite having no belief in anything supernatural.

Accomplishment: Running away from home. He felt that was when he was truly broken free.

Fear: Regrets. He's afraid he would have not lived his life to the fullest if he had any. He also takes it in a way having a regret would cause him to be unsatisfied or unhappy. However it doesn't cause him to cower. His fear of a regretful life often drives him to make big, reckless decisions. One regret he has is forgetting, that one year blank in his memories always haunts him, telling him he's forgetting something important, and not knowing what frustrates him more. Now, not only is he searching for the memories of that time, he's now takes upon the effort to religiously write in his electronic diary every night without fail and often carries a pen to write important memos on his body throughout the day.

Last edited:

The Warrior Savage

6npWfwI.jpg

Name
Leonard Beauregard

Heritage
French/Italian

Appearance
6'0" | 173 lbs | Light Brown (Eyes) | Dark Brown (Hair)

Distinguishing Marks
A scar that runs down his upper left arm, the result of a particularly nasty encounter during his time as a patrol officer.
Occupation
Criminal Investigator

Training
Having pursued psychology minor, Leonard has a decent understanding of the field. While it hasn't translated to much outside of classes or to his work (much to his disappointment), he considers it valuable knowledge nonetheless.
Accouterments
His Badge: An obvious mention. Granted to him after his admission into the Chicago Police Department, it's a small source of personal pride. Despite the thing being plenty of years old, he still finds the time to stop and admire it every once in a while.

Bottle Opener Keychain: A trinket from his college years that's seen plenty of use. He still uses it to this day, and can often be found fiddling with it when he's deep thought.

Antique Wristwatch: Given to him by his sister on account of his fairly poor time management. As small of a gift it may be, he found it rather touching given that the two weren't the closest of siblings growing up.
Personality
Truth be told, Leonard isn't the most exciting person in the world. He isn't incredibly social or outgoing, though he does what he can to at the very least make a good impression. He gets by with the few close friends and associates he has, and is perfectly okay with doing so. He's also not one to pour out his feelings into the open, preferring to keep his emotions in check. Needless to say, it'd be a rare sight to see him overly excited or down in the dumps. Finding that he'd rather not push his problems onto others, he does his best to maintain a positive and self-confident persona. This is especially true when dealing with his coworkers (or critics, one might say), in which he values his public image and perception above all else.

To the outside world, he's a well-mannered and assertive man who seems a perfect fit for his line of work. Among those in the Chicago Police Department, however, he faces a considerable amount of criticism. Much of this is due to his father's reputation, and the belief that his rise through the ranks is a product of just that. A frequently attacked area of his character is his relatively and high-spirited attitude towards his work, which many interpret as a lack of dedication and one of the many examples of the privileges he possesses.

Leonard's a cautious optimist, though this has admittedly regressed over the past few years. Dealing with said critics has left him with a bitter aftertaste in his mouth, though he would never dare complain about them in public (or private, for that matter). This has led to him having a "me against the world" mindset, and he translates this resentment towards his work, wanting recognition and approval for his own accomplishments. When it comes down to it, he's a work-centric individual, and many of his emotions are dictated by what happens in the workplace.

Strengths
Quick Reflexes: He's quick on his feet, which has undeniably been of use back when he was an officer.

Observant: He has a fine eye for detail and can pick up on most hints. Again, he'd love to make use of that psychology class, thought the opportunity hasn't shown up yet. He's tried taking up poker, having mixed results.

Patient Not one to lose his mind over something easily. His entire work situation is a testament to his tolerance and persistence.

Flaws
Self-Conscious: He's acknowledges that he's too concerned with the opinions of others for his own good, but he can't help it.

Apprehensive: He doesn't have anyone who he feels comfortable venting to when he's troubled, often leaving him to struggle alone.

Compulsive: One of the consequences of wanting to impress others is his tendency to take on tall orders without much thought beforehand. It's never bitten him in the rear too much as of yet, though there have been a few close calls.
Marital Status
Single. Leonard hasn't been romantically involved with another person since his college years. While he isn't actively looking for someone to settle down with at the moment, he doesn't mind the idea either.
Relationships
Nathaniel Beauregard: Leonard's father. Their relationship can't be understated—he's the entire reason his son is in law enforcement, after all. Having looked up to him his entire life, Leonard wants to prove his competence to him more than anyone else. The two are on good terms though they do have something of a rivalry now, each trying to get the better of each other. He's perfectly aware of Leonard's current situation and worries that he might be pushing himself too far, though he's held back from intervening, knowing it would only worsen the situation.

Nicole Beauregard: Leonard's sister of a few years younger. She's never understood the competitive nature between her brother and her father, which she just chalks up to men being stupid. Although they care for each other as any family member would, it's true that they haven't spent the most time with each other in the past. She's attempted to get closer with Leonard as of late, having suspected that he might be biting off a little more than he can chew.

Vincent Wheeler: His old patrol partner, whom he regularly contacts. He considers him his best friend, having spent years working alongside one another. He finds him the easiest person to talk to. As a result, Vincent's picked up on Leonard's stress rather quickly. Ever since, he's reassured his old partner countless times without ever explicitly mentioning it, something Leonard is immensely grateful for.

Katherine Ascher: Unfortunately, not all of Vincent's attempts to console him have gone entirely smoothly. Katherine, originally introduced to Leonard as a "lady friend" of sorts, just so happened to get unexpectedly along with him. They have a platonic relationship at the moment, with her taking immense interest in his job. Much to his displeasure, he repeatedly reminds her his inability to reveal department secrets.

Cameron Hartel: Another member of the Chicago Police Department and one of Nathaniel's close associates. Seeing it only natural to look out for his friend's kid, he's often found checking up on Leonard himself when his father isn't able to. Leonard unsurprisingly sees this as unnecessary. They don't particularly get along with each other, but find themselves conversing fairly often nonetheless.
History
It’d be nearly impossible to talk about Leonard without delving into the history of his father. Nathaniel Beauregard, a renowned investigator throughout the state, was born in the very heart of Chicago itself. His early life wasn't too out of the ordinary. His schooling proved to be effective and he was quite the intellectually gifted child (which would later be evident in his workings). At college, he would encounter his wife-to-be, marking it the first and only relationship he had in his life. Such was the theme of Nathaniel's entire life: he was deemed successful from the very start and seemingly had all of life's challenges all sorted and figured out. This much would carry over to his work and his public following serves to support this.

Leonard's upbringing wasn't much of a deviation from his father's. In fact, it was scarily similar. While Leonard may not have had the innate intellect of Nathaniel, he certainly had the drive. What he lacked in knowledge he made up for in dedication. This much pleased his father, who by this time was fully convinced in his son's future in law enforcement as well. Truth be told, Leonard himself wasn’t entirely sold on the idea himself. Noticing the praise his father received at an early age, he found it only appropriate to follow in his footsteps. He didn’t have any career paths in mind at the time, and why not take up a position in the police? Of course, the idea would later grow on him, though the whole thing began an experimentation or exploration of sorts.

Thus began Leonard’s path to joining the Chicago Police Department. He left his hometown to study in New York for some years, a time during which he was much more liberal with his mentality. Rather than stressing out over every imperfection or overburdening himself with his studies, he found himself living a more relaxed lifestyle during college. This isn’t to say that he lost sight of his goals—he retained the same passion and dedication he’s always had. Still, the change in his character that did occur would become all the more apparent upon his return to the Windy City. Disappointed wouldn’t be a fair word to describe Nathaniel’s opinion towards this change—how could he be disappointed in his son for something so trivial? Still, he found it somewhat peculiar and unsuspected that Leonard would develop such a lighthearted attitude towards work. Regardless, he was pleased to discover that he didn’t slouch in his studies, which resulted in a quick and easy acceptance into the Chicago Police Department.

Leonard served his required number of years as a patrol officer before qualifying for the coveted position of investigator. Naturally, he ascended to this level not long after, a period of great celebration in the Beauregard household. It was only now that his name began to hold legitimate meaning among members of the police department. Eyes widened and necks turned even further upon the completion of his first case, which had turned out a stunning success for the up-and-coming rookie. Yet, this Golden Age would hardly last for another few more weeks. It was at this point in time in which Leonard hungered for success and recognition, taking a series of rapid investigations that exposed a number of his flaws. This would also signify the beginning of the harsh remarks against him, and not much has changed since.
Motivation
Leonard's rashness has led him to convince his higher ups to assign him another tall order, much to their reluctance. As such, he's currently heading up a case of his own, though leads have been scarce. The whole thing has been more or less a stalemate and fearing the possibility of a cold case, he's opted in for some... unconventional methods in his investigation.
Accomplishment
As one would expect, Leonard considers his acceptance into the Chicago Police Department his greatest achievement. It was his first step towards fulfilling his lifelong goal of stepping into his own spotlight and making a name for himself.
Fear
The idea that he will never get to prove himself to the public; that he will forever live in the shadow of his father. He's afraid of the thought of dedicating his entire life to his work only to find that he wasn't able to handle it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back