• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other The Challenge Thread!--March 2013 (THEME UP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.....

• Transformation
  • The clockwork menagerie
  • Snowblind
  • The conservation of energy
  • Glass houses

So when do we find out what the theme(s) will be? I'm sharpening my figurative and literal pencils for this.

I think I have the perfect idea for this 'w' I just hop I can make time to actually do it X3

I have a vague idea, but might not personally be able to work with this one. We'll see.

I'm drawing a blank on this one for writing. I'll bow out and hope you do at least one more. Might I make a suggestion that two or three themes be offered next time, with bonus points for combining themes into the work? :)

Millershipper said:
I'm drawing a blank on this one for writing. I'll bow out and hope you do at least one more. Might I make a suggestion that two or three themes be offered next time, with bonus points for combining themes into the work? :)
Definitely taking it into consideration.

ah, well then I guess that something's better than nothing. Of course ain't nothing edited because hey, can't do miracles in 15 minutes.

The single window in the room faced east towards the bright, winter sun and below the window stood a table filled with half empty promises and happy reminders of yesterday. A cool breeze wafted through the window, making circus tickets flutter, almost as if they could echo the cheering throng of a delighted audience as a man in a hat crossed the high wire. The fluttering stopped and the phantom cheers hushed once more. The memories had quieted until they were picked up.

With a touch and a smile the memories came flooding back. With fondness the taste of forgotten cotton candy returned as did the smell of stale popcorn and diluted soda. The bright lights, the crowds of people mingled with the miasma of animals and acrobats and The Amazing Zardoni, the Tallest Man in the World! It had been a warm night and stolen kisses in the parking lot had kept them out later than they’d intended.

With a sigh a box opened and the two tickets were laid flat, their edges smoothed with fondness and their memories a faint echo. They were followed by a plastic ring. More memories of a perfect night came forward. It had been a silly thing to waste the money on but it had been funny. Slipping it on more memories assailed the senses. There was the giant teddy bear that was never won followed by a dinner of corn dogs, fries and a coke. Then there had been the rides. They’d bought a bracelet that let them go on all the rides and they went on all of them at least twice. He’d stolen their first kiss on the Ferris Wheel, he’d thought it was romantic; she’d agreed.

With a sigh the ring came off and went into the box with the circus tickets and another breeze wafted through the open window. Movie tickets fell off the table to land on the floor by the box. There was a smile, a chuckle, and finally the roll of the eyes as tickets for a chick flick, an action flick and finally a thriller were viewed. The thriller had been his excuse to get her to grab him; it had worked too. He hadn’t expected her to like the action flick but she had. There was another chuckle as the movie tickets were tossed into the shoe box.

Reaching blindly resulted in arcade tickets from a miniature golf course. They had both gotten quite tan on that double date. She’d won more tickets in the arcade than he had but he’d not minded so much. They’d gotten sick on bad pizza, nachos, and soda. Ah, but it had been a great day. The tickets they had forgotten to redeem were carefully coiled and placed into the box as well.

The faint hint of ocean served as a reminder that there was a sand dollar on the table as well. This didn’t bring as many happy memories as the others. It was still pristine and the sand had not completely come off. It had been a bright day at the beach but it had not been a happy day. She had found it while they sat in silence, not talking. Frowning at the memory, the sand dollar was quickly put away and the box shut.

After a minute the box opened again, for though there was sadness, there were sweet things as well, as evidenced by the other artifacts and so the sand dollar was once more touched then replaced into the box.

Last but not least were the pink roses, twelve in all. They had not been properly dried and had the withered, tired look of plants that had been allowed to die from neglect. They were withered and their petals fell of as the vase was taken from the table. Each petal was carefully picked up, smelled and placed into the box. They had been beautiful once, bright, pure, happy and full of promise.

But in the end they had been allowed to wither away in silent negligence and the promise their beauty had also faded away. With a sad sigh they too were carefully placed inside the box. The lid closed and taped closed. It would be a time capsule of a summer in which love was found then lost and, if the roses were any proof, never to be revived again.

But as the box was put away in a closet, the roses had left their seeds in the garden below the window and the rain and sun watered and the earth fed the seeds. Though the love of a youthful summer might have been forgotten, eternal love was never to be truly lost.

Question: What do you think is the gender of the person doing the packing up?

ehmygirl said:
ah, well then I guess that something's better than nothing. Of course ain't nothing edited because hey, can't do miracles in 15 minutes.
Question: do what is the gender of the person doing the packing up?
You do realize you have a week, right? But very nice. And it's a 'he' I believe.

I don't really care tbh. I'm impulsive when it comes to some things. :)

And I deliberately left the gender of the person out of it, wanted to see if people saw the person as male or female. I'm interested that you thought male.

Difficult theme to work with, but it is a challenge. I may get something in before the deadline, but I've got a convention coming up.

I actually had/have an idea for this one in a bit of a different vein, I simply need to buckle down and do All The RPdom stuff on my weekend.

Grey said:
Difficult theme to work with, but it is a challenge. I may get something in before the deadline, but I've got a convention coming up.
How about we do this tomorrow.

I draw, you write.

We both need to do something nor coursework or RPG-related...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back