• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other The Challenge Thread!--March 2013 (THEME UP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamingofRoses

Rosa Indomitus
THE CHALLENGE IS A GO!

The theme for this month is: "The decay of infatuation"

SUBMISSIONS IN ALL MEDIUMS (Prose, Poetry, etc..) ARE ACCEPTABLE

Here's what's gonna happen. You will give your submissions in a separate thread marked with the prefix This Month's Challenge. (If you have a thread specifically for your artwork and you want to put it there to keep everything together, that's fine too, but I'd really prefer a separate thread.) You will then submit the link to me via either this thread or PM and I will put them in this post along with what medium they're in. Multiple submissions by one person are fine, but only one may go into voting.Roleplay settings or characters based around this theme are acceptable.

You must have your entry submitted to me by March 22, 2013.

Don't worry about voting now, we'll get to that when we get there.

Good luck to everyone and do your best!

CURRENT SUBMISSIONS:

ehmygirl

Ooh, ooh! Themes!

- The Green Returns

- Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace The Corners of Our Rooms.

- Justice

- From Within

- Fear, In A Handful of Dust

Maybe some Steampunk, fantasy and Cyberpunk themes could be cool too. Ooh, and all the modern fantasy, i love that.

I'll put in some input as well. How about a steampunk theme as those are always creative, or possibly a post apocalyptic world theme.

• Ready Player 1
  • Trout
  • Chartreuse
  • Eye of the Storm
  • Failure
  • The Bad Guy Always Wins
  • I Believe I can Fly
  • The Color Peanut Butter

I'm looking forward to working on the challenge when it comes out. Seems like it should be fun, at least from reading the other suggested themes.

Cured Madness.

Savior.

The Way of Kings.

"Sometimes you lie to yourself just to keep going."

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
You would want someone to draw "air"? That's quite weird...
Perhaps not air, precisely, but something inspired by the notion of air, or things associated with it.

Alexandra said:
Perhaps not air, precisely, but something inspired by the notion of air, or things associated with it.
I guess. Still, there sure are some strangely strange themes among these. Some where i wouldn't be quite sure what to draw.

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
I guess. Still, there sure are some strangely strange themes among these. Some where i wouldn't be quite sure what to draw.
For me, air suggests wide open spaces, hot air balloons far above a tiny landscape, towers with balconies far at the top, flying machines, birds, feathers...and there's always Air-aspected Dragonbloods or Changelings :D

Oh, my apologies...I thought this was both for drawing and writing. In prose or poetry that would be an invokable image, I thought....

There's a story behind the 'air in three dimensions with sparkles' of course... Hmmm, given that 24 years has passed I might just write that one out and simply omit names. Yeah. Even if it doesn't fit the challenge I'll get that one typed up.

Millershipper said:
Oh, my apologies...I thought this was both for drawing and writing. In prose or poetry that would be an invokable image, I thought....
I also figured it was for both, and there's no reason why it shouldn't be.

In terms of the creative process, writing and art can be quite similar in that ideas fly from no-where sometimes, and it might only take a single word to start something.

I think keeping the same theme for both would add a wholeness to the exercise.

I, for one, will be looking with great interest at what happens in the writing section...I like to illustrate poetry and prose on occasion, and I don't doubt for a second I will get great inspiration from the people here :)

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something Blue"

It just came to my head... Ohh and to finish off Doc

[QUOTE="Doctor Calgori]"AHAHAHAHAHAHA"

[/QUOTE]
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH"

Freeman said:
"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something Blue"
It just came to my head...
Nice!! That can spark all kinds of art, written and drawn! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back