• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Borderliner's: Man or Machine

Doug chuckled. This new member had a personalty and that showed.

"Sounds Zoomer worthy." Doug said. "I like it."

Zero raised an eye brow. "He's right. Just it's not as Cheesy." she interjected.

Zoomer was about to retort, but Doug stopped him. "Why don't you show Viva her room. Zero and I... need to talk."

Zoomer looked rather curiously at Doug. They always included him in meetings. Maybe it involved something Zero was going through. It was still odd. Couldn't Zoomer help? Was he just too... childish? No, he had a mind, desires, and build of a 21 year old. It was just one meeting any way. He tapped Viva's shoulder and motioned for her to follow.

Last edited:
Prisca, or rather Viva, couldn't help but chuckle at the exchange between her new teammates. She got up and followed Zoomer, before hurrying back to the table and grabbing her food and drink. She waved to Doug and Zero before meeting back up with Zoomer.

As she followed him, she couldn't help but look him over several times, up and down. He appeared perfectly human aside from his arms. She was tempted to knock on his head and see if something metallic resounded. "Zoomer, what's it like? Being well..."

Zoomer turned to Viva. He has never been asked this question before. It was oddly amusing, so he answered it.

"Well..." He started. "I'm an A.I. Unfortunately, I'm not a human. I have a human mind though. Kinda. I just was built to... help others. At least that's the purpose I had found. I serve and protect. Basic A.I. stuff. Make sure humans are safe being humans."

Zoomer turned around quickly, hiding his expression of slight sadness. He was rejected as human and was supposed to be scrapped along with the rest of the evil corrupted androids. Also, he slightly lied about his purpose. He has to fight his own programming everyday. He was designated to be a pure doomsday machine. At times, he has felt urges to attack or lash out. It was only a reminder of how inhuman he was. Zoomer looked up shoving these feelings off. He may be an A.I., but he had a good life. Even if eventually he would live it alone. He loved his team. Wait, if he was an A.I., how could he feel that?

"But you seem so much more than that," Prisca started "At least you do to me."

Prisca wasn't sure what to say, normally she could just read someone if she was having trouble understanding them. But Zoomer was different, she'd have to be upfront with him if she wanted to know something. "Zoomer, are you capable of any emotions? You act certain ways but can you really feel?"

Zoomer shifted nervously, a funny feeling washing over him. He pushed it away once again as Viva asked the question. This question made Zoomer think for a while. Could he feel real emotions. Maybe.

"I actually don't know, but... If my emotions are fake," he started. "Why are they so... real feeling? I don't know. I'm no good when it comes to deep stuff."

Zoomer looked at Viva for a while, searching her for whatever reason. She was oddly different but seemed to have a knack for people. She also seemed so kind. He turned away from her once more, trying to not get caught up in his day dreams.

He strolled down a hallway and opened a door for Prisca.

"Here you go!" he said, welcoming Viva into a room. The room was large and homely, a bed in the far corner. Empty shelves and a desk were also present. All the Borderliner's had separate rooms, just in case Doug or Zero needed to stay the night. Zoomer however lived in the large base. He rarely left it. "I hope you like it! If you need help getting your possessions later we can."

"I don't have anything to bring. Just myself and the clothes on my back..." Prisca knew it sounded bad, but it wasn't horrible. Yes she lived day by day, and yes life was tough, but she lived it anyway. She went to the bed and sat down. It was probably the softest thing she'd ever sleep on. She looked over to Zoomer and motioned him to sit beside her. "I'm very thankful, Zoomer. None of this would have happened if it weren't for you. So if you need anything just ask me, I'll do anything to pay you back."

Prisca started eating her sandwich again so she could sleep with a full stomach. She didn't think much of what she had said and enjoyed herself. It'd been so long since she was this happy. It was a strange feeling but a good one nonetheless.

Zoomer felt a bit awkward at Prisca's lack of possessions. He completely assumed she had a home already. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't know." He was surprised that she seemed so happy. It was almost magical to Zoomer, being so happy about having just about nothing. Well, she had just been accepted into the Borderliner's. Zoomer was happy when that happened to him. He thought about how Viva would now be able to have more than the necessary, and that made Zoomer feel a better.

Zoomer sat next to Prisca when she motioned him to. Zoomer was used to following commands so he didn't think twice. He hadn't known Prisca long, but she seemed nice. Different, but nice. Zoomer speedy thinking jumped right into Viva's trust.

At her mention re-pay, Zoomer eyes sparked slightly, like an old TV losing signal. His head also felt warm. It was his form of a blush, seeing he didn't exactly contain veins in his face.

"Heh. No problem, Viva." he managed. "As for repay, you'll be helping us as we get injured. If, we get injured."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back