• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Book of Humanity: Rising Kingdom

All seems hopeless and I resign to spending the next few hours in the back ally recovering when some kind soul comes to aid me. I nod and weekly hold out my hand. Slowly and easily I stand, retracting my large wings as I do. I hiss as my wing refuses to comfortably settle. It seems I've broken something.

I watch from a distance before heading back to the Tavern. Why I was so interested in theses people I had no clue of maybe it was because all of them happened by while I was around.

Peeks out to see what happened and goes over to stand with the elf. "Are you okay?" Trying not to seem interested but actually worried. Starts looking through his bag and trying to find his herb bread to offer. "Um... If you need this... It'll help you recover... Or something" He muttered, holding the bread out without looking at them and slightly pink in the face.

Helps him up and smiles at the other Draconian as he offers the bread. "Would you like me to take a look at you?" Takes most of his weight and helps guide him back into the tavern where his medical equipment was left by the table

My eyes open wide seeing something that looks like food. My hand shoots out and grabs the bread. I scarf the loaf down and thank the young. "Thank you." I pat him on the head giving a big smile. I follow the gentlemen into the tavern. I sit down at the table and grab my wing holding it out. "Yeah I think I've broken my wing. Do you think you can fix it?"

Looks it over closely and starts pulling herbal ointments, tonics, some bandages and a small stick to use as a splint and delicately, but skillfully begins to bind and tend to it, "Apologies for any discomfort.... I think you're best to rest it for a month before attempting much movement... perhaps two before a long flight"

Vaguely surprised at getting a pat on the head and follows the two back inside, shuffling his wings in annoyance but happy that his bread was appreciated. Sits back at his table, watching the elf look over his wing before getting them drinks to feel useful. Can't really think of anything to say to them though and ends up just randomly grunting.

Emelth bites his finger as sharp pain shoots from his wing up to his shoulder and neck. Luckily the elf was skilled and gentle so it went over easily. He noticed the drink on the table and drained the glass in one gulp. "Thanks friend..." Emelth rummages through his bag and pulls out a bag filled with blackened leaves. "Here you go it's a special herb from Valcana, it can be turned into a burn ointment." Emelth beckons Ryuunosuke to come closer as he searches his bag for something else.

"You can... Call me Ryuunosuke" He mumbles as he shuffles closer, a little nervous and trying to hide it. Sipping his drink in order to give him something to do to hide his face.

"Greatly appreciated. I thank you" Takes them gently and places them into his basket, letting the two of them talk.

Emelth smiles."You can call me Emelth." He pulls out a potion that glows and sloshes like lava. "Seeing how you're from Valcana I'm guessing it's been awhile since you've had one of these." Emelth hands over the draconian drink to his new friend. The substance being a special brew only made in the draconian homeland, it suppose to cure sickness and promote healthy scales, it also tastes pretty good.

Nods, somewhat shocked and flustered, taking the drink and tempted to just down the whole thing right there but controls himself and stores it in his bag until later. "Thank you... It's been a long time..." Wants to give him something back but not really sure if he has anything. "Where.. Are you from?" He asked, surprising himself.

Smiles to himself and gathers up his belongings in a bid to return to his practice; leaves a small bottle of ointment for the older Draconian and gets up to depart

Emelth's smile disappears as Ryu asks the question. He forces a smile and answers his question. "I'm actually from our capital." The draconian gets comfortable, he relaxes a bit as the alcohol starts warming him up. "I wanted to adventure a bit before I took over the family business and just followed the winds." Emelth turns and waves to the elfin folk. "See you friend, let's have a cup sometime." He give Ryu his attention once more. "So where are you from, why you out so far from the capital."

Bows his respects, "If you need me just keep walking past the forest..." He departs through the door and back into the town, carefully treading so as not to stir the houses quite in sleep

Ryuunosuke gives Aminend a nod and a tiny smile as he leaves and then turns back to Emelth. "Was born near the capital but... I caused some trouble so I wanted to get away" he explains, shuffling a little uncomfortably now that there's only the two of them. "The humans can create a nice atmosphere sometimes so I prefer it here to Valcana" he began sipping his drink slowly again after he finished speaking.

Emelth senses Ryu's bitter past and tries to add a little humor to their conversation. "Yeah I know what you mean. Back in Valcana I would have been challenged to a fight if I broke someone's crates. Everyone seems eager to help. It's nice and refreshing." Emelth searches his pockets and throws a couple coin on the table. He holds his hand up, signaling for two more drinks. Luckily the gestures for "Two more" is the same everywhere you go. "You wouldn't happen to know if there's any work around here. It seems I'll be grounded for awhile so I might as well make some change."

He smiles slightly at Emelth and puts some money towards it. "They really are, they don't seem as predudiced either... Though that might be because they know less about us..." He mused out loud without thinking, taking up his drink gratefully. "How long were you travelling? You're pretty run down" He said, knowing that he sounded rude but unable to phrase it better under the influence of alcohol.

Emelth was more than happy to answer. "I've been traveling for months actually. Just recently have I taken such a long flight." He takes a sip from his cup and pauses then slowly puts the cup back down. During his travel something similar had happen before, last time he had passed out for awhile. How long had he been sleeping, how much time had actually passed. Emelth downs the rest of the drink, panicking. "I'm sorry..." He whispers as an explosion rocks the tavern. Emelth grabs his friend and gives him an odd hug. "It was great meeting you friend. You better run." Emelth runs outside and watches as fire rains from the sky. A platoon of draconian knights have launched an attack on the port town. Slowly they start landing and surround Emelth.

"Surrender yourself now!"

Emelth felt selfish saying no but he shook his head. "I will not. Not till I clear my name."

The swordsmen on the right holds his weapon at Emelth. "Why are we even talking with this traitor!" Without any warning he lunges at Emelth.

Ryuunosuke had listened to him eagerly but got up confused, by both the sudden departure and the odd hug, and was therefore even more curious than before, following the guy out to see Emelth surrounded. "Hey!" He yelled to get their attention before jumping in to grab the attackers arm, thinking that there had been some sort of misunderstanding. "Leave him be, he hasn't done anything!" He yelled as he pushed them back, standing next to Emelth protectively.

Emelth was surprised to see his new companion so eager to defend him. The draconian smiled down at Ryu. The knight took a step forward to answer the Dragon-boys answer.

"That criminal is charged with the murder of the crowned king Vearos Drakentooth."

Emelth gritted his teeth. "I didn't kill him! I loved my father!" He snapped at the warrior. He grabbed the lance off his back, tearing off the splint and unfeeling his wings. "Back off!" He commanded through clenched teeth. The pain was almost too much to handle.

Looking from one to the other; Ryuunosuke took a moment to process everything that had been said, taking his pole too and deciding to try trusting his new friend. "I don't know what happened but... I'm not a thinker... You can explain everything to me later" he said as he took a stance, not bothering to use his wings since they'd just get in the way with his inability to use them. He hoped that he wasn't getting ahead of himself but felt that he could trust Emelth, not that he had always been a good judge of character.

Emelth smiled knowing he had an ally, at least till he explained everything. "Hold on" Emelth put an arm around Ryu and started beating his wings. They were strong enough to take off but they did manage to push the knights away giving them enough room to attack. Emelth let go of Ryu then charged the first warrior on his left. His lance breaks the shield he's holding and knocks him into the building. Emelth looks up as a fireball descends upon him. He bites hard and beats his wings ferociously, causing the fireball to dissolve into smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Citizens ran for safety, while town guards try to defend against the invaders, commands were shouted and obeyed, the guards waiting for the command to attack seeing the Draconians attack a group first the commander gives the order.

I exited the Tavern to see what was going on when a Draconian attacked me, swinging a warhammer at me, I quickly dodged and pulled out my sword looking for gaps in the armor, finding one at the armpit I wait for him to swing again, he dose not disappoint, and I dodge and stab at the Draconian's armpit glad that this one just wore plate, and no chain-mail underneath probably trusting his scales to do the protecting for him so the blade made it through the lighter scales, my enemy roared, and blood flowed out in pulses. Yet it still could fight, I dodged another attack and retaliated in kind, giving my foe a gash where ever it was exposed.

As soon as Emelth let him go he spun his pole around to gain speed before using it to whack the shield out of thee hand of the nearest attacker, using the backlash to spin it the other way and deal damage to the man's neck, keeping it up and sometimes jabbing when they get too close so that he has time to counter attack. Seeing the villagers in a panic made his anger start to rise but he managed to focus on his fighting; they didn't need more explosions right now. When he sees the fireballs being sent his way all he can do is dodge and use his pole to bat them away desperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back