• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Book of Humanity: Rising Kingdom

"No big deal" he nearly spat the vbread out. He marched over to the inn keeper. "Two rooms please!" And slammed a bag of coins onto the table

"Whoa," Aer gaped at the money. "Where'd you get all that?!" Luca barked. "Really, sir, there's no need to pay for two rooms! It's quite alright; I'm going to be making a lot of money soon!" He beamed, pulling a small metal contraption from his bag. "See?"

"Well, it's supposed to be a propeller," he explained. "I'm going to make a bigger invention that a person could fit into and then attach a bunch of these in strategic points. Then it'll fly! This one can fly already. Wanna see?"

"A flying machine? Pufft" he rasped as he covered his lips. "Sorry, I didn't meant to be rude, but don't you think flyings for birds?"

"Hey!" he frowned. "Not for long! With this little guy, humans are gonna be the first people to fly! Even before elves!" He grinned at the small contraption in his palm.

He grinned at the thought of beating the elves to something. "Okay kid, you got yourself a sponser" said pbtenchi.

"Really?!" Aer grinned excitedly. "Thank you so much!" Luca bounced happily, licking the man's hand. "I can't even tell you how much this means to us!"

"Okay, let's see..." He twisted a cord on the device, and it shot into the air immediately, flying all around. "Oh!" Aer chased after it, running into people before catching it in mid-air. He raced back to Pbtenchi, a sheepish grin on his face. "Um..yea...I need to make a control system for it...but other than that, it works!"

"Fascinating..." He said rubbing his chin. "I can't wait to see the looks on the elves faces" he said with a smile

"Thanks!" the kid grinned. "I've still got a ways to go, but pretty soon everybody'll be able to fly! And then...yeah." His face dropped for a moment, but then he looked up again, excited as ever.

I listened in on the conversations and was interested defiantly with the kids idea for making a flying machine. wouldn't that piss the Elves off. They knew humans were getting better and better technology as most did not have magic, like the Elves, us humans had to rely on ingenuity to get buy and it so happened once the kingdoms united that scientist, alchemists and human mages worked together to make new weapons, and tools and discover more about the world.

Walks slowly into the port ton, looking around without much interest and making straight for the inn in a slow hurry, avoiding people gazes and ignoring the various glares he attracts. Once in the inn he goes straight to the counter for a room, not lasting long and almost collapsing into a chair. Makes a small grant and decides to just eat some meat from a food case in his bag.

Headed into the town to gather herbs etc that he can only collect by the water, passing the tavern as he does so, a small basket and bottle with him to gather the plants and water. Passes a Draconian as he goes by, notices he's struggling but has no desire to jump to conclusions or get in the way

I was slightly surprised by the Draconian entering but it was a port town after all. So I gave it no mind, the Elf that walk in was also another oddity that was simi-normal for this place. None the less I still had to find a way to make some coin or I would not be able to continue.

Eating without a word and looking around as he gets his energy back; after putting his food back he stood up again and made his way to the counter. "Two nights please" he said, trying to keep his voice down and hide his embarrassment. "Thanks" he mumbled after paying and returns to his chair with a sigh.

Gathers all he can and heads back, stopping by the inn to acquire some alcohol to mix with tonics and lotions; as he goes to the bar, he casts a glace at the Draconian and wonders if it's worth inquiring what's wrong

Watches the elf as he enters curiously, trying to be discreet but not too good at that. As he glances over their eyes meet and he jumps slightly, turning away and grunting slightly, focusing on the boy holding the strange device and trying to figure out how it's used.

goes over hesitantly, putting the bottles of alcohol into his bag and sits cautiously beside him observing the child. "Not a care has he..."

I was traveling for so long my wings were starting to grow weary. Each flap brought me closer and closer to the ground no matter how hard I tried to stay aloft. How long have I gone without rest? Days maybe weeks? I couldn't say. My wings give out and I start to plummet towards the ground. If I can just aim for the port town, I can probably find a place to stay. With the last of my strength I aim my decent towards the docks. Suddenly my wings collapse and fall straight into an ally. I lay down, sprawled on the floor like a dead lizard. My eyes shut as I breath rapidly.

I try to stand but my muscles won't let me stay up very long. I stumble and fall on a crate causing a loud crashing noise. I struggle helplessly and return to my previous position: laying on the floor helpless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was trying hard to ignore the elf that suddenly sat too close to him, acknowledging his small talk with a nod but not looking at him. After shuffling away slightly and preparing to get up and leave he heard the loud crash from outside and grew curious, thinking of excuses that he could use to go and investigate. "That... Sounded big" He said hesitantly, knowing he sounded stupid and mentally kicking himself.

Gets up after a short pause and goes to see what's happening; find's the Draconian on the ground and kneels very cautiously, voice calm, "May I help you?", he extended a graceful and steady hand towards him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back