• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Body in the Woods (Psychological Slenderman Horror)

Owl

Insecure Hipster Owl
I doubt many people would be interested in such an idea, seeing as the whole "slenderman" fad is finally over, yet I still wish to try out a psychological horror roleplay involving a group of people being terrorized by a... being. Although this cow appears to have been milked dry already, I still believe that there is potential in such a plot, mainly because most people's attempts to delve into the genre have born no fruit (besides MarbleHornets, since those guys somehow managed to pull it off...). All I need is a group of decent writers to help me out. Slendy might be so last year but I never got the chance to get on the bandwagon so here I go~

Just a quick psa: this roleplay will be horror so expect all the good stuff that comes with the genre. I am talking death, stalking, cults, psychological trauma. Although so far I do not intend for it to be too graphic, it will include revolting descriptions and ideas.

Anyway, here is a short overview of the story:

forest.jpg

There is a body in the woods.

The body of 10 year old Amanda Barnett who left this world before her time had come, who left this world alone and cold, who left this world without being heard.

The body of 10 year old Amanda Barnett, who will never be retrieved because she is forever engulfed in mud and whoever decides to liberate her from her prison will only go down with her.

The body of 10 year old Amanda Barnett who could have been saved if only her stupid sister had looked out for her instead of leaving to hang out with her friends.

The body of 10 year old Amanda Barnett who was kidnapped from her home in the middle of the day, dragged in the woods and mercilessly slaughtered by a sicko who still roams the streets of this town, while she lies below the ground, cold and scared, broken and abused.

The body of 10 year old Amanda Barnett who I intent to liberate. I do not care what fate awaits me because this is all my fault... I should be in her place...

I am willing to work with this, this is good. I like the kind of TT/MH (TribeTwelve-MarbleHornets) type of vibe coming from this, it give me good vibrations.

Cool! I am glad that someone would be interested in the RP. Also, the TT and (mostly) MH vibe is intentional, since both of those channel's work is great (by the way, glad to see another person into such Slender series~).

Yes, I love the entire idea of a Proxy (Without the desire to be one, unlike many of them kids nowadays.) And I have a Proxy of my own which I have been wanting to try out.

Oh, a proxy~ They give a whole lot of creative space. I adore the whole idea about their existence and would be delighted if one (or more) were included in the roleplay, among other types of characters that will be mentioned in the official thread.

I guess what I am saying is feel free to try out your proxy via this story.

Also, if nobody else picks up interest in this (Veryunlikely.jpg) I would be willing to try out a 1 on 1.

I would be up for that as well! Yet, there is still hope in me that maybe (just maybe) a few others will look at this interest check and say "Meh, it's not too bad". You know, the more the merrier~

Also not to mention, where I live, it's currently 6:41 A.M. And most of the traffic that I experience is mid-day to afternoon/evening, so we have that to work with. And this is the first post that we've made without parenthesis.

The time zones will certainly be an issue since, where I am, it is currently 1:46 pm... Anyway, that is an dilemma to take care of latter. Also, down with the parenthesis!

You make it sound as though this is a trap... and they aren't supposed to know that! Shhh~

Yay~ So far in total we are 4 participants and that is good enough for me to start up a thread. Just give me some time to flesh things out.

Name:

David Sunn

Proxy Mask:
mylec-ESPOSITO-vintage-retro-goalie-mask-black.jpg

The mask has an upside-down triangle in between the eyes on the forehead, a line also goes around the four bottom holes to form sort of a smile. Lines also run from the eyes to the two sides of the triangles to make somewhat of a symbol. Its meaning and philosophy is unknown.

Appearance:

tumblr_mxgotghalc1sm128jo8_500.jpg

b40f5e3d83300140899c84c25d8522d7.jpg

A jacket which he wears often, it's rare he won't have it with himself.

German_Hunting_Knife_and_Sheath_Eaglehead_.JPG

Anytime David goes into the woods, he carries this knife with him, nobody knows why he does so.

2002_fv30_b.jpg

David also carries this camera when he goes into the forest. Just like the knife, it is also unknown why he has it with him.

More info is soon to come when RP is up.

@Stew I love it! Can't wait to see what David will be like in the rp (also, Imma link to the thread as soon as I am done with a few additional things)

@Cipah of course!

May I still join if it is still possible? I understand your attempt to reboot the idea of Slenderman and I have been waiting for a post to warp my own image of the horrific and psychological wonders of the Slenderman. I am knowledgeable of the proxies, the effects of the Slenderman, and am able to create more. I am a pretty sadistic person. (> :) )

@Wastes Storyteller it would be delightful if you would join as we are still looking for participants, especially such as yourself that have knowledge of the Slenderman and are into horror. Here is a link to the thread.

Also, a fast inquiry: are you planning on playing as a proxy?

@Owl, Glad you are delighted to have me. I have plans on being a normal person but soon delves deep into the sickness and becomes a proxy, then soon to become a demented being. But that time will come through roleplay and story.

Another fast inquiry: Will this be a detailed roleplay (Not with the prefix detailed) but more than just simple?

That kind of transition would certainly be interesting so go for it! Also, yes, this RP will be more than simple. The post length details are in the overview tab of the official thread.

I just checked it out and I love the amount of detail you put into it. I also have interest in the cult and wish to take part in helping build that. The Ebony Thicket just seems like an equally creepy but beautiful place and what better place of a Slendy story than to be in a rural town in the Northwest United States.

AaAAaaAAAAaah~ Thank you!

Also, I would love some help with building the cult since that part of the RP is still in heavy development... There are also a few other ideas to be discussed such as the mythos that I hope to (finally!) post tomorrow. So, input will be needed on that.

Anyway, where I am it is getting late so I am going to have to hit the sack. Looking forward to your character.

And looking forward to roleplaying.

If you need any help, contact me. I will see it. I usually come onto her more than 5 times a day.

I am so very interested in this. The only problem I have personally is that my muses and therefore my ability to write is very fickle. So I would love to be a part of this but if I need to post everyday, multiple times a day that may become a problem. I am a world builder though and I am good at writing horror. So if you need help drawing maps or whatever drop me a line.

In any case I may attempt to put up a character sheet even if I don't participate often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back