The Beachhouse [Inactive]

Legendless

Netherworld Overlord
Legendless submitted a new role play:

The Beachhouse - Come join us in the sun for an unforgettable summer

You were told it would be a summer to remember. You would going to a nice tropical island off the coast of Florida. You were going to have a huge beachhouse and a private beach all to yourself. It was going to be relaxing. It was going to be fun. There was food, games, tv, internet, surfing, swimming and other activities to do this summer. All by yourself.
Or so you thought. You didn't expect to find others at the beachhouse, but now it appears that you are all going to be...
Read more about this role play...

It was a nice sunny morning as a boat moved through the waters. Lillia stood on the deck watching the scenery as they made their way from Florida to a small island off the coast. It was a two hour ride from where they left to it. When she had arrived this morning she was surprised to see she was not the only one who was there. Lillia didn't talk to any of them but she would when they arrived. No reason not to. They'd all be staying in the same place.

Lillia closed her eyes enjoying the feeling of the sun and breeze. She couldn't wait to get to the island and check it all out. The pictures were beautiful.

Jace was below deck at the moment sitting by his things checking his phone. He was excited to know they'd still have service and wifi in certain places there. He had checked out several of the others while they waited and exchanged a few words. He was really looking forward to his vacation now.

Taylor was listening to his music as he waited. He wasn't sure what to think of the others. Still it'd be nice not have to be all alone. They seemed okay for now. He wouldn't want any problems. Not if they had to live in one house.

Amanda was observing the scenery as the ship made it's way towards the island. She was glad that there were others going to the house due to her believing she would get bored after a week or two by herself. She was wearing a pair of white sandals, tan shorts and a teal thin sleeveless shirt with her bright red bikini on underneath. She couldn't help but wonder what the others were like.

She noticed a girl standing near her on the top deck. "Hi, i'm Amanda." She said to the woman. She believed she should introduce herself to the others as soon as possible.

Poppy continued to look around the place, happy she wasn't alone. She couldn't handle being alone. It was too boring. She walked around, trying to see if they got wifi. She knew that was weird because this place was totally awesome, but she'd need internet. She had promised herself, and the people that watch her, that she would still make her weekly vlogs while here. So she was going to have to find some wifi.

Soon she came upon a guy who appeared to be doing the same. Only it looked like he had found it. "Hi." She said, coming closer to the boy sitting under the deck. "I'm Poppy." Might as well make friends while she was at it.

There was a girl, sitting 2 yards away from them. There was a stack of books besides her, and of course, headphones on her. Misaki didn't pay no attention to the other people who came to the beach house. She just came to draw pictures that she couldn't draw in the city. She hums to the song she listened to, Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy. The cool sea touched her white sandals as Misaki continued to draw a beautiful beach. The waves crashed in Misaki's drawing and the sun shone bright up in the sky.

Misaki lightly sketches the scenery, the waves crashing, the sun up in the sky, and little dorsal fins from the dolphins in the sea. Her drawing was extraordinary, little did they know that she was a famous manga creator.

Misaki packed a backpack with clothes, her dagger for protection, books to read, sunblock and a charger for her iPod. The clothes were nicely folded, the charger all tied up and the sunblock in a separate plastic bag. She paid no attention to the other people who came by.

Jace looked up from his phone to the woman who introduced herself as Poppy. He smiled charmingly at her as he stood. It was near impossible for him to turn flirt mode off. He offered her a hand with his smile.

"I am Jace. It's nice to meet you Poppy." He looked around and then back to her. "Excited for our vacation to begin? It's nice to know I won't have to stay all by my lonesome. Less likely for a serial killer to get me."

-----

Lillia opened her eyes when she heard a feminine voice. She turned to face the woman and smiled up at her. She wondered if she was the youngest one here but she didn't think so.

"I am Lillia. Amanda. That's a nice name." Lillia leaned against the railing as she shut her eyes again. "Are you here to get away as well?" Lillia couldn't think of a better reason to go to an island off the coast. To get away from people and problems.

Poppy smiled more and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too." Then he mentioned having other people around. "So excited." She said with another smile. "I know what you mean, the thought of being alone here kinda scared me anyway."

She laughed at the serial killer comment. "Yeah, but that would be a totally awesome idea for my channel." She realized he probably had no idea what she was talking about. "You probably have no idea what I'm talking about." She added to herself, looking down at the ground for a moment.

Misaki closed her sketchpad, and puts it ontop of the pile of books. She takes a paperback book from the pile and reads it, letting the sea wash up to her feet. Misaki loved the sea, the sea would always go with the flow. She mouthed the words in the book silently. She turned the page, put her bookmark in and closed it. She puts it on the pile and just lays down. Misaki groans, tired.

"Nice to meet you, Lillia." Amanda said to Lillia. "Lillia's a nice name as well and i'm just taking a long break from trying to decide what to do with my life." She informed the girl as she shot her a friendly smile.

"A channel? Like a youtube channel or something? Like where you post videos?" Jace mainly kept to social networking sites but he didn't go to youtube or any site that hosted videos. He could catch interesting or funny ones on Facebook after all. "I mean if I'm right that is pretty cool. Feel free to use my idea for it."

Jace smiled wider. This was turning out well. He only hoped he guessed right. Even if he didn't, at least he tried

----

"Yeah. I just got out of high school and now I have to worry about my future and all. It'll be nice to just relax here for the summer. Give me time to think as well without pressure."

Lillia started to twirl her hair, a nervous habit she wish she could stop. "But that is cool. I hope you figure it out."

"I hope so too. Been spending the past few months trying to figure out what to do with my life and to be honest, i'm getting fed up of it. The island should be very relaxing and hopefully, i'll figure out what to do with my life afterwards. If not, well, at least i'm in no danger of running out of cash." Amanda said to Lillia as she leaned on the rail. "I'll admit, i was surprised when i found out others were going but i'm glad i'll have people to speak to. Being by yourself for 3 months would be a bit boring." She said whilst looking at the scenery.

"Also kind of frightening," Lillia confessed. She wasn't thinking of monsters or secret killers. After all one of the people here on the boat could be one. No her mind went to her asthma. If she had an attack all by herself and couldn't get to her inhaler... The thought wasn't pleasant. She hadn't had one in quite some time but still.

"Maybe we'll both figure it out. Not together. Who knows what will happen?" Nothing too weird Lillia hoped. There was no place to go if things got awkward or bad. It was one of the few downfalls to the place.

"Hopefully." Amanda said to Lillia. "I will admit, i'm a bit nervous about spending 3 months on a remote island with a bunch of strangers, no offence intended." She told her as she looked up at the sky for a few seconds. "Hope the weather stays like this." She commented.

Poppy nodded. Yep, YouTube" She said with a smile. "I might use it." She added. "But only if you help me make the video. After all, it'd be kinda weird to be a killer and a victim at the same time." She laughed a little. She'd done something similar, but it was more fun to have others involved.

"No offense taken," Lillia said back. She noticed that they were coming upon the island and felt a strange combination of anxiety and joy. She was happy for this but also hella nervous as well. Amanda was right. She didn't know anyone either.

"Hopefully we'll get to know each other. I mean we will be staying in the same place after all."

-----

Jace mentally high-fived himself for guessing what she meant. He nodded.

"I'd love to help you out. I think that it's cool you have a channel. What do you normally upload?" If he could get some wifi he might check it out. He was interested but he also thought it might help him out if he showed interest. He had little shame in these things. "I don't mind being the victim either."

"Hopefully." Amanda said as she watched the island getting closer to the ship. "So, which room is yours?" She asked Lillia as she stopped leaning on the rail.

Poppy smiled. "A bunch of stuff." She said. "Sometimes I make videos that are just ranting about things. Others are me answering questions people ask." She told him. "Others are me making funny, random videos." She added. "Pretty much whatever I want." She smiled again.

"I'm in room 11." Lillia thought she should have chosen a room closer to one of the bathrooms on the ends or maybe the stairs. After all with more people the likelihood of it being taken for a while had increased and Lillia liked to take hot showers. "What about you?"

She watched the waves for a moment and felt her hand go to the pocket of the light jacket she wore. She could feel her inhaler inside waiting for her to be proven wrong.

-----

"That is pretty cool. It also sounds like a lot of fun." It did sound like fun. He was definitely going to check some of it out. Maybe not the rants but the rest still sounded pretty neat. He was looking forward to this vacation much more than he was before. Now he just had to meet the others. "I hope we're almost there. I'm starting to get hungry."

"Room 10." Amanda said to Lillia whilst looking at the oncoming island. "I do hope i've got a good view otherwise, i'm going to be a bit annoyed. I mean, what's the point of staying in a beachhouse if you have a rubbish view?" she said to the other woman and looked down at the sea. "Wanna spend some time at the beach after everything is sorted out?" She asked her.

Poppy smiled again. "It is fun." She said. She looked around a bit and just got the view. "Do you think the others'll be nice?" She asked randomly. She hoped that all of them could at the very least get along. She could get along with most everyone, but if they were a total jerk, she didn't talk to them. That would make this vacation boring.

Harvey stood by himself, a manga in his hands, focusing on it. Even though there were other people, he didn't really feel like socializing. He was wondering if anyone would come up with him, as everyone else was just chatting amongst themselves. He flipped a page and watched out of the corner of his eye.

"Yeah. I mean if anyone is mean we can just throw them into the ocean," Jace said with a joking tone. Not that he wouldn't be tempted to throw any jerks into the water and hope they didn't know how to swim. He heard some noises from above and smiled.

"Sounds like we're there."

-----

Lillia nodded. "I'd love to. It'll be so nice to swim in the ocean after being on here for so long. I am so ready for this vacation to begin." She noticed they were coming upon a dock at the edge of the island.

Lillia was glad to know Amanda was roomed next to her as well. At least the first friend she made liked her back.

-----

When Taylor heard voices he wondered if that meant they had arrived. He headed up on deck, grinning with excitement. As the boat stopped he gathered his things and started to head towards the large building.

"It will and i'm going to the beach as soon as i've dumped my stuff in my room." Amanda said to Lillia and gave her a friendly smile. "Wonder what our rooms will be like?" She asked to Lillia as she picked up her suitcases along with her laptop. "Don't know why i even brought this with me." She muttered as she put the laptop bag over her shoulder.

Harvey looked towards the dock as the boat stopped. He closed his book, put it back in his suitcase and picked it up. He walked off the boat and onto the dock. It felt really nice here. He looked back at everyone else, grabbing their stuff. He smirked, "Ha, ha, ha, suckers! I got onto the dock first!" Harvey shouted.

After checking into his Room, Preston decided to take some time to organize his belongings since he was going to be on Vacation for a long time. When he looked out his Window, he saw a lot of other people who also happened to be on vacation. Although he wasn't bothered by it, he was a bit agitated because he thought he was going to have the resort to himself. Since he tends to be very shy around a lot of people, he was going to have a tough time making some new friends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back