• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The battle for the British isles (And Ireland)

It is not something you can really unlearn. You create someone that might be like you in some ways and different in others, and you use that structure to modify your own thinking to produce reactions to user-generated stimuli. The rest is just fluff. Create a CS, and if you have any concerns or questions, please let me know. I am happy to help.

You're always so deep ALMOS... the guy named after a cigarette box.

9625652801_7561791e8d_b.jpg

You're always so deep ALMOS... the guy named after a cigarette box.

9625652801_7561791e8d_b.jpg
STOP IT - that is pure coincidence. I am nothing more than a few letters taken from another, longer name - originally a manipulation of a badly translated phrase which became old, and in need of refreshment.

STOP IT - that is pure coincidence. I am nothing more than a few letters taken from another, longer name - originally a manipulation of a badly translated phrase which became old, and in need of refreshment.

lolol it's just a joke, i know it's a coincidence

sprouhtt sprouhtt Thank you so, so, so much for putting this link in your status, because I was absolutely not looking for new roleplays right now and would never have seen this. Now, I am absolutely interested, at least to read it. Hopefully I'll be able to join.

I don't have access to a computer right now, so reading or writing code/large bits of text will be very limited for a bit since I'm writing from mobile. However, I'll be back on campus sometime on Monday and this will be one of my top RP priorities. I'll try to catch up on any important info in the meantime.

If I'm able to join, I'll probably go for either an Irish or Scottish hero, maybe even both if doubling is allowed. Even if joining doesn't work out, I'll definitely be reading along because here's medieval Britain and Ireland, plus fantasy, plus DRAGONS! I mean, seriously, what more can I ask for? (x

sprouhtt sprouhtt Thank you so, so, so much for putting this link in your status, because I was absolutely not looking for new roleplays right now and would never have seen this. Now, I am absolutely interested, at least to read it. Hopefully I'll be able to join.

I don't have access to a computer right now, so reading or writing code/large bits of text will be very limited for a bit since I'm writing from mobile. However, I'll be back on campus sometime on Monday and this will be one of my top RP priorities. I'll try to catch up on any important info in the meantime.

If I'm able to join, I'll probably go for either an Irish or Scottish hero, maybe even both if doubling is allowed. Even if joining doesn't work out, I'll definitely be reading along because here's medieval Britain and Ireland, plus fantasy, plus DRAGONS! I mean, seriously, what more can I ask for? (x

Hey so glad to hear you’re interested in this and sad to hear about you having no access to a computer for now. But I am so glad to hear that you’re joining us soon! And we would be happy to have you with us!!!

We’ll be waiting! :)

Yeep... I just discovered that the Discord is very fast and kinda scares me, so I'll probably just lurk and write here if I have questions, though I may hop in with chatting some. (x

That said, I did want to share my preliminary thoughts about possible characters and get some feedback! So, I'm somebody that really enjoys using characters multiple times in many different scenarios or settings to learn more about what makes them tick. I can, and often do, make new characters for a roleplay, but I prefer my old favorites. I have a couple ideas in mind, and I wanted to see what y'all thought of the basic sketch before I began brainstorming how to adapt them for this setting.

I figure my idea for a Scottish hero would be pretty easy to transfer, since this old kelpie (Aldair, the first entry) was partially inspired by an old Scottish pirate of mine. Basically, it would be a question of just changing location, maybe tweaking some cultural stuff if it conflicts with established lore (I can send a link to that too), and establishing his place within this world.
I think it would also be interesting, boo. boo. , if were to use this character, if kelpies and selkies were kinda in conflict with each other. (I feel like we've talked about this before, haha!) I don't know of any precedent of their interacting in literature or folklore, but I kinda think they would.

My idea for an Irish character would be a little tricker to adapt since I created her for a modern, realistic setting, but I think it could be done. Basically, I would just keep the basics and rewrite a history and tweak personality to fit a medieval setting. Obviously, veterinarian assistants probably aren't a thing, but I thought she might be cool as a Beastmaster or something?

Anyway, those are just my first thoughts. Feedback or suggestions are welcome. If i get a positive response and the GM go-ahead, I'll start thinking about how to adapt them. If neither one seems good, I can make a character or two from scratch, but it will take longer to create and longer for me to get a feel for the character. If I were to create a new one, I think I'd go for an Irish warrior-poet.

Yeep... I just discovered that the Discord is very fast and kinda scares me, so I'll probably just lurk and write here if I have questions, though I may hop in with chatting some. (x

That said, I did want to share my preliminary thoughts about possible characters and get some feedback! So, I'm somebody that really enjoys using characters multiple times in many different scenarios or settings to learn more about what makes them tick. I can, and often do, make new characters for a roleplay, but I prefer my old favorites. I have a couple ideas in mind, and I wanted to see what y'all thought of the basic sketch before I began brainstorming how to adapt them for this setting.

I figure my idea for a Scottish hero would be pretty easy to transfer, since this old kelpie (Aldair, the first entry) was partially inspired by an old Scottish pirate of mine. Basically, it would be a question of just changing location, maybe tweaking some cultural stuff if it conflicts with established lore (I can send a link to that too), and establishing his place within this world.
I think it would also be interesting, boo. boo. , if were to use this character, if kelpies and selkies were kinda in conflict with each other. (I feel like we've talked about this before, haha!) I don't know of any precedent of their interacting in literature or folklore, but I kinda think they would.

My idea for an Irish character would be a little tricker to adapt since I created her for a modern, realistic setting, but I think it could be done. Basically, I would just keep the basics and rewrite a history and tweak personality to fit a medieval setting. Obviously, veterinarian assistants probably aren't a thing, but I thought she might be cool as a Beastmaster or something?

Anyway, those are just my first thoughts. Feedback or suggestions are welcome. If i get a positive response and the GM go-ahead, I'll start thinking about how to adapt them. If neither one seems good, I can make a character or two from scratch, but it will take longer to create and longer for me to get a feel for the character. If I were to create a new one, I think I'd go for an Irish warrior-poet.

They seem like good characters to me. So long as you’re able to adapt them to the lore/tone of the RP without treading on anyone’s toes you’re more than welcome to use whichever characters you like :)

The only thing I’m going to ask is would you be willing to change your Irish characters nationality, we currently have 3 Irish national heroes, 2 Welsh , 1 Scottish (2 with yours) and 1 English. So would you be willing to swap to one of the other three? :) AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath Go to see you're still around! I love what you have for the kelpie. I was actually thinking of doing one myself instead of a selkie, but I knew a bit more about the latter. Making a bit of a conflict would be really fun, especially with the apparent age difference. Your character might see me as naive, and mine might see yours as senile. That combined with a current feud between species could turn out very interesting.

The only thing I’m going to ask is would you be willing to change your Irish characters nationality, we currently have 3 Irish national heroes, 2 Welsh , 1 Scottish (2 with yours) and 1 English. So would you be willing to swap to one of the other three? :) AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath

I could probably do that. Would it be possible for me to start with Aldair (the kelpie) and then maybe bring in Elizabeth later if a spot opens up for an Irish hero? I was thinking of starting with just one anyway, just to give me a chance to get my feet wet first.

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath Go to see you're still around! I love what you have for the kelpie. I was actually thinking of doing one myself instead of a selkie, but I knew a bit more about the latter. Making a bit of a conflict would be really fun, especially with the apparent age difference. Your character might see me as naive, and mine might see yours as senile. That combined with a current feud between species could turn out very interesting.
Oh yes, kelpies and selkies are both so much fun. I love what you did with incorporating the traditional tale in with your character's backstory.
I could see that happening. Aldair wouldn't take well to being thought senile, or of any memtion of his growing age, but it may be beginning to wear on his mind. At the very least, he's set in his ways and accustomed to others doing as he says, so it may do him good to be around some new blood. (x

I could probably do that. Would it be possible for me to start with Aldair (the kelpie) and then maybe bring in Elizabeth later if a spot opens up for an Irish hero? I was thinking of starting with just one anyway, just to give me a chance to get my feet wet first.

Oh yes, kelpies and selkies are both so much fun. I love what you did with incorporating the traditional tale in with your character's backstory.
I could see that happening. Aldair wouldn't take well to being thought senile, or of any memtion of his growing age, but it may be beginning to wear on his mind. At the very least, he's set in his ways and accustomed to others doing as he says, so it may do him good to be around some new blood. (x

Yeah of course that’s fine :)

boo. boo. Hi! I just sent you a request on Discord so you can join mine and Synastry's group DM. We're discussing what we want to do with our Scottish sea-folk and a possible sub-plot. I mentioned to you about our characters possibly having a feud of some sort, and Synastry suggested that Uisce might have heard of it and summoned them to her to work it out. So yeah, I think it would be fun! Just let me know what you think. (:

By far one of the most eye-catching interest checks that i've noticed in quite the long time! Hopefully my long hiatus hasn't dampened my role-playing skills at all.
I'll see about constructing a splendid character sheet!

Heyyyy alllllllll my beautiful people!!!

So, Dafyddwilliams14 Dafyddwilliams14 made this awesome RP and in need of more people to join, (Plus, I am desperate to start so join...because you know you want to.)

Anywho, it would be really nice if we could get some more people to join this, so we can get this STARTTTTEDDDD!!!

Read the first post above to get a sense of what the RP is about, and the links are at the bottom of the first post once you're done reading.

Thank you again, and sorry to bother you all!!!

Aio Aio @Akio Chikara @Angst @DankWaffles @bloodfire @Destructus Kloud @Dylan Anderson @Edgy Kitten @IIIREXIIIARCHERIIIII @Koss @Misty Gray @neverbackdown @Physiicz @QueenOfDisaster @SirGrey @Veyd Sahvoz @xxxtentacion
thanks for tagging me babes! I woud love to joing but I'm swamped with work :( This is the first time i check this site in months. I'm so sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back