• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Ball [OPEN]

Shabazz

"Ah, what a lovely evening to throw a party, isn't it, Fiona?" Leonardo Caspar was leaning on the railing of a balcony, champagne glass in hand, as he gazed at the boats and helicopters of his guests arriving on the shores of the private island Capriccio.
"The war is over, the world is at peace at last."
"Tonight will truly be a special celebration. Now hurry, our guests are almost upon us."

Outside of the Caspar mansion the guests were already crowding in front of the open doors. Before entering, each guest showed their ticket and got searched by one of the three dozen security forces Caspar hired to secure the island.
"Senator Richards! I hope the helicopter ride wasn't too bumpy." Leo joked. He wasn't always this happy, but he wanted to leave his guests with a good impression. He assisted the aging Senator of the Moravian Empire inside before attending to a more important, dangerous guest, Zafar Minhaj.
"Sultan Zafar, how are you?" Leo bowed in the presence of the most ominous character at this party. This was the Sultan of Khatar and, after losing an 80 year long war, he was not happy. He did not respond to the hosts question, because why should he?
"You know, it's a great honor to have you here tonight. I will make sure that all your needs are attended t- Isabella!" Leo called his daughter and, after realizing who was in her house, Isabella rushed to her father. "I am leaving you in the custody of one of the most beautiful women in the world, my own daughter. Isabella, do be a dear and look after the Sultan while I go tend to the rest of the guests."
"Yes, father."

The inside of the Caspar residence was a masterpiece. A sheet of marble layered the floor of the main hall, which was the size of a gymnasium, and big crystalline chandeliers hung from the ceilling. Then, a giant stairway led up to the second floor, which was lined with portraits of the Caspar bloodline. On the left was the kitchen, on the right the living quarters and straight ahead was the dining room. Ladies restrooms were on the left side of the entrance while men's were on the right. Guests could be seen swarming the mansion. The hall was filled with politicians and celebrities chatting as servers passed out champagne and snacks. The second floor was a bit more quiet, but nonetheless alive. The night was perfect, just perfect.

Bethari Bethari @MarkTheHuman Elowyn Elowyn M Y S T I M Y S T I WordArtist WordArtist thefierysiren thefierysiren

Ella​

Ella sauntered over to Isabella, her sister, and Leo, her father. "How are you doing today, Sultan Zafar?" She was decked out in a glamourous diamond necklace, accompanied with shimmering earrings, and she was wearing her commonly seen award-winning smile. She charmed all three of them instantly with her smile and glimmering eyes, her poised, perfect look and her sleek, tied back dark locks. She held a martini in one hand and her pride in the other, and said, "I hope you are doing well. Isn't it wonderful to finally have peace after such a long period of time? Well, I have to go. I hope you enjoy yourself at this party. Goodbye!" She sauntered away, the sequins on her dress looking like the stars in the sky, and her glimmer turning heads all around. Her persuasive skills were amazing, and she presented herself - as always - wonderfully. She was always the favourite of the kids.

code by thoughtless

Last edited:
Behind the Sultan, and currently being searched, was a tall, slender Arabian woman, her dark green eyes staring straight ahead at the Sultan. She wore a veil across her face, shielding all but her eyes from view and setting them off as rich emeralds all the more for it. She wore a form-fit black bodice of lace-covered silk, a flawless match to the veil, that flared at her waist into a v-hemmed skirt that extended to the back of her knees. It was open in the front, revealing heavy black leggings that disappeared beneath a pair of silk, high-heeled boots just below her knees. Up her arms, laced almost to her elbows, was a pair of silk bracers that made the outfit look all the more glamorous... but there was no mistaking her purpose. She was the Sultan's personal guard.

While those who were searching her found multiple weapons - a pair of daggers at her back, a set of five throwing stars at her side, a switchblade in each of the bracers she wore, a short sword in each of her boots, and two pouches full of various poisons attached to straps around her boots - the woman's eyes never left the Sultan, perfectly alert to any sign of trouble. She neither spoke to nor looked at anyone else, but she was aware of every motion surrounding her employer.

Last edited:
Hal Rollins, oil tycoon, looked like the epitome of Southern charm. He was young and athletic and wore his wavy blond hair in a side part. He wore a seersucker suit with a bright blue bow tie, the same shade as his eyes. Fortunately, the effect was more Rhett Butler than Ben Matlock.

Although he's been seen a couple of times in the main hall, talking to socialites and businessmen in a hushed Texas accent, the young man seemed to have something other than investment opportunities on his mind. The young man could be found admiring the Caspar family portraits or curled up with a dusty tome in their private library.

Jessica Ryland
f40fc760be6637855ba7038d15334b1e.jpg

"Here representing Colin Ryland."

♚ 1 ♚​
Elegant Jessica Ryland, wife of Colin Ryland. Who is Colin Ryland? Anyone of any stature would know the royal name. He is the first son of the King of Durenhark, a small country influential in the peace negotiations in the Middle East. Currently, Colin is back at the estate managing internal affairs. Meanwhile his wife, capable woman that she is, is dispatched to attend the Ball. There are a few rumors going around about why Colins is not present to celebrate the ensuing peace he had worked so hard to negotiate. But the only story that anyone can get out of Jessica is that he is attending to urgent batters of the home country.

She is dressed smartly in a black coat that falls to her knees. A lacy white dress shirt is underneath along with a prim black skirt that brushes the floor and drifts behind her in a flurry of chiffon. There is an air of attentiveness about her although she lingers in the background, seemingly not eager to engage in conversation although plenty content to listen. Her dark crimson locks are pinned elegantly to her head and black diamond drop earrings add to her natural beauty. She bears the crest of Durenhark on her left lapel.

E-X-T-R-A

Kingdom of Durenhark
- A small country in Europe. Prince Colin, son of King Alabaster, is progressively trying to win the favor of larger empires and states through diplomacy. He hosted a number of the conferences for peace in his own home, the Riven Palace. Previously the Kingdom had remained closed off to the rest of the world similar to Japan before it opened its harbors. The young Prince is bold and revolutionary in his style of managing foreign affairs. Who know where Durenhark will end up under his reign? Some citizens are nervous while many of the younger populace rejoices at his forward-thinking. Presently and historically, the Kingdom of Durenhark remains neutral. -

Last edited:
Caspar came to the door just as they where finished searching the Sultan's bodyguard. The two guards wouldn't let her through because she had multiple weapons and refused to dispose of them.
"Oh no no no, this just won't do."
Leo whispered something into the ear of the guard on the left. The guards eyes widened and he immediately stepped aside and beckoned the Khatari bodyguard to go through.

"Ah, Mr. Rollins, how good to see you. I was worried sick about your company stock ever since Texas left the United States. You and the Moravians are big competitors in the oil industry, you know." Suddenly Leo's eye was caught by a flowing black skirt. Who could it be? He couldn't see anything from behind. He jogged around to the front of the guest who he found was non other than the beautiful Jessica Ryland.

"Mrs. Ryland, looking beautiful as always." He took her hand and gently kissed it. "I believe we almost have a full house tonight!"

The bodyguard seemed unfazed by the argument around her, but her charge, on the other hand, wasn't so generous. The longer she was held up, the more furious he looked, and when she was finally permitted entry due to the intervention of Leo Caspar, it was as though a ten-ton weight had finally been lifted from the room as the tension relaxed. The Sultan said nothing to the matter, and his guard only nodded her head in appreciative greeting to Leo as she passed to her charge's side.

The Sultan introduced her briefly, as she stationed herself just behind him and to the right, only as Raadiya. She said nothing, and it made for a few awkward moments as guests vainly attempted to draw her into conversation. Neither of them made any apologies for her rude behavior.

Jessica Ryland
f40fc760be6637855ba7038d15334b1e.jpg

"Here representing Colin Ryland."

♚ 1 ♚​
Jessica bowed her head gracefully in acknowledgement. "A pleasure, Caspar." Admittedly, her response was a little stiff and formal. "It seems so. You've done well to invite the most influential personages, have the best food and wine, and have provided a marvelous stage for this celebration. My husband sends his apologizes as he is unable to be here in person. Nevertheless, he celebrates with us in spirit." Behind her, beyond the banister, ladies and gentlemen in modish accouterments swirled on the dance floor. She took little notice of them, instead giving Caspar a tight smile.

Walter O'Brien, multibillionaire, stepped out of his helicopter, and looked around. He had been invited to this party because of his wealth. He'd just flown from Auckland, New Zealand. A 4 hour flight + half hour helicopter trip. But he didn't care. Now he was here. "Where's the champagne?" Walter joked.

He walked into the ballroom. He grabbed the first glass of champagne he saw and starter talking to the first person he saw. He learned that other expensive people had been invited. So that didn't make him feel that bad about being a multibillionaire. Some what.

"Ah, Casper. Pleasure to be here. Lovely party" said Walter. They talked for a while, and after about 30 minutes of nice conversation. Walter left and walked off his his champagne.

Last edited:
Monty Willow stepped out his helicopter, which was for every guest, so it wasn't a private one, alright. He was dressed in his work clothing, which was In journalism, so he wasn't wearing a suit, or anything fancy. He went back to the time when he got the offer from his boss for a report on the party, he couldn't deny it. " Jesus, I didn't think to wear anything fancy... "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back