• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Balancers

What type of pictures should we use?

• Real

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drawing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vengeance Spirit

Seeker of Justice
The Balancers

druid_by_katemaxpaint-d3ggxi0.jpg

Detailed - The Balancers

Desperation can create the strongest of evils

Theme: Fantasy

Setting: Medieval

Ideal Number of Roleplayers: 4 to 8

Writing: At least a paragraph for post, however I heavily recommend 2 to 3 at minimum.

You awaken in a room with several other people. They hold the same confusion in their eyes as you do. Everyone's glare move towards the center where an old man is sitting in front of a mysterious well oozing out a dense fog. The fog covers the other people and the only one in sight is the old man. He seems to be a druid of sorts from the way he is dressed. He's older and has a beard so white it could defeat the snow in a battle for the most bleached. He extends his skinny hand and makes a gesture for you to come sit in front of the well. His hands show his terrible health, the skin covering his hands is weak to the point where his bones are almost visible.

Despite your thoughts, you sit in front of the well. He peers intensely into your eyes and strokes his healthy beard, which is the only part of him that shows any form of health. He says "I have cheated death more times than I can count. All for the chance to guide the future through my wisdom...You are what stands between destruction and life. Many refer to you as Balancers. The great evil sees you as an opponent. It has killed many of your brothers and sisters. I was only able to protect the select few. You are one of them. But now isn't the time to talk about the great evil. That is for you to discover on your own...Dip your hand in the well and gain my wisdom". You dip your hand in the pool as if his words had the ability to control your actions.

The fog grows heavily and everything disappears. You see nothing but the fog. You hear screams coming towards you as the fog pushes you back in a heavy thud. You try to fight back, moving against the current that has grown to an incredible strength. However, you are no match for it. The fog consumes you. You awaken in a royal library. The area is well decorated. Chandeliers swing from the top of the building with ornate candles. There are three rows of books on each side of the room. The floor has a strange insignia that you could not recognize for the life of you. The books themselves are quite peculiar as well. You look through them and find their history to be fallacious. Not a single word from their passages were ever taught to you. All of a sudden a boy dashes across the ground to a table in the middle of the room. He doesn't seem to see you. He opens a book and holds closer to the candle on the table. The boy has striking bleach blonde hair and freckles that covered his entire face. He looks to be around early adolescence. Soon a voice hollers "Darun! Darun! Sneaking out during a celebration could be considered rude." The boy turns around to see where the voice is coming from. A tall man with a short beard comes from the stairwell. The boy says "I apologize but...This book has simply captured my thoughts. I could not bear going another day without finishing it." The man smiles and says "I know...Your father mustn't find you here. Let's go back to the celebration before he has both of our heads." The boy giggles as the man places a hand on his shoulder. They walk back up the stairs.

All of a sudden the fog returns and you find yourself at the celebration. A man with a emerald crown sits on top of a golden throne. Beside him is the freckle faced boy. The boy can't seem to sit still. He turns to the king and says "Father! Father? Can I please return to my book...Please." The king shakes his head and says "When it is time for knowledge I will tell you. But now is the time for celebration." The prince crosses his arms and says "But what is better than knowledge? This is just a silly celebration." The king shakes his head again and states "No. A celebration to announce the alliance. Without this we will not renew our relations with the other kingdoms." The boy exclaims "But we're stronger! We don't need them." The king puts an arm on his shoulder and says "It is not a matter of needing them. Without them we go to war. War kills innocents. Young children will be caught between." The boy sighs and looks at his feet a few moments "Yes father...I understand." The king smiles and says "You should go dance." pointing to a group of adolescents his age. The boy doesn't move. The king pats him on the shoulder, launching him gently off his chair. The boy moves to the group of adolescents. They all seem more than happy to talk to the prince. He didn't seem pleased, he knew they all wanted to wed him.

The fog rushes again and this time you are brought to the royal bedroom. The boy is on his bed. He looks sickly. He seems to be immobile and doesn't respond to anything around him. The king is patting his legs in anticipation while sitting down. The man from the library comes in the room and scratches his short beard. The king stands up instantly and says "What's wrong with him? Is there a way to fix him." The man shakes his head and says in a hushed voice "He has a disease that I have never seen. I have contacted the other physicians and none have heard of it as well...I am sorry. My king." He places a hand on the king's shoulder and walks out of the room. The king places his head on his son's chest and listens to his heart beat. A single tear forms in his eyes.

The fog returns and you are in the same room. The boy is older now. He's taller but still unconscious. The king's hair had turned even grayer than before. A group of mages with long robes enter the room. The king stays sitting this time. He can't bear to hear any more bad news. A mage steps forward and says "Yes...There is a way to save him. But the costs are unknown. It can even take your life." The king responds without thinking "I will do it! My son must live!" The mage moves back and says "Your words are power. Remember that. We will do the ritual, but you will reap the curse." The mages begin chanting.

The dense fog pushes you again. This time you are in front of a destroyed kingdom. The king's dead body lies down in front of your legs. The young boy from before is grown now and crying on his father's body. He states "Father...Why." The mage from earlier comes and says "The spell tore the space between the realms. There is no way to fix it. The world will end." The prince looks up at the mage and says "Are you sure?" The mage thinks for a moment and says "You are a part of the world since the spell was cast on you. You may be the cure." The prince nods and says "I will do whatever it takes."

The fog rushes in again as this time you are inside of a cave. The mages are all around the boy who is now a man. The prince's eyes are black. The mages are chanting. The cave shakes and rocks close off the entrance to the cave. The boy's body falls down as his spirit is lifted. The mages take out the crown of the dead king. The crown takes in his spirit. They split the crown and begin chanting again. The prince is clearly dead now. The crown disappears into a green mist as the mages look upon one another. They state "We cannot leave. The outside world will never know that we exist. The prince's soul is now split across the realms. When it arrives again to our realm, we must be there to guide it."

The fog consumes you. You are in front of the druid again. He doesn't move as he says "The Balancers are creates from the crown...You, my prince or princess, will live on to suture the remains of the realm. That is all I can tell you for now. Lord death awaits me." His head tilts forward as his body is immobile. It becomes clear that he is dead. The fog returns and you awaken where you last fell asleep. You feel destiny pushing you...A location is in your mind. You must find the others and begin your journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, colored me interested.

I'm kind of a sucker for family drama. Poor king just wanted to save his son and ahhhh the world almost ends and he kind of dies anyway. Yeah.

[QUOTE="Cross_Rhodes]I like it, colored me interested.
I'm kind of a sucker for family drama. Poor king just wanted to save his son and ahhhh the world almost ends and he kind of dies anyway. Yeah.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah :D . Welcome aboard!

P.S: A queen was never mentioned. I wonder whyyyy~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back