• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Art of Bending

Once back to his dorm he meets his roommate then gets into bed and pulls out his laptop. There wasn't really anything to do that day besides move in. And he was completely done so he decided to just watch Netflix for the rest of the day.

Amiyah enters the dorm room. Posters are all over the walls, though, she has to admit, very strategically placed, and action figures are set up on the dresser. Apparently her roommate had already been there and gone. She goes to the bottom bunk where her things are still packed up and opens up the old carpet bag with her new, freshly ironed uniforms instide. She picks up the one on top and admires it, turning to put it in the closet, she jumps, startled. "Gotcha!" Cries her new roommate, grinning. After introductions, she sets to work helping Amiyah unpack.

He settles down and watches for about an hour before setting his laptop to the side and heads back out to get dinner. The dinning hall was buffet style with a big selection of food then opened into a huge dinning hall with rows and rows of tables. At the very front were some larger tables for the teachers when there were feasts.

She walked to the dining hall without her roommate, she had decided to sleep after her airplane trip. She got in line at the buffet there was food she had never seen before! She decided to try all of it and piled her plate high with food. She looked around. The tables were filling up fast. She hurried to the table at the farthest end that was still mostly empty, sticking out her tongue as she tried to balance everything on the tray.

Derek had already filled his own tray up with food and found a spot to sit, which happened to be right where she happened to walk over to. He's eating quietly, a few seats empty on either side of him and in front of him. He was lost in thought, since he didn't have anyone to talk to at the time.

Amiyah noticed Derek and sat across from him at the table, setting her heavy-laden tray down. "Look at all this food!" She exclaims. "I don't know what half of this stuff even is." She takes a tentative bite.

He looks at her and smiles softly. "Same here. But I'm sure that by the end of the semester that we'll know what all the food is. Imagine how the feasts are if there's this much food on a normal night...I wonder how all the seniors aren't fat."

"Must be all the bending practice they have to do everyday." She says between bites. Suddenly she makes a face of disgust. "Okay, that is definitely not pudding." She motions to a bowl containing a thick, dark colored substance. "Do not eat this stuff."

He nods "Noted. And I mean, bending takes a long but it's also not like going to the gym every day. And I've seen some pretty chubby, active benders." He shrugs a little "Doesn't really matter I suppose. Mmm, this is good." He murmurs through a full mouth of what looks like cake he had just taken a bite of.

"I guess so," Amiyah says. "You're right, this is good!" She takes a bite that was too large and waits to finish chewing. "Isn't it exciting though, finally beginning to actually bend? I can't wait to start!" Her eyes sparkle in anticipation.

Last edited by a moderator:
He smiles softly and nods. "You're water type, right? Is your family benders?" He asks as he eats, taking a bite of this and that. He hadn't really put on his tray more than a bite or two of each thing.

Amiyah nods, swallowing her bite. "Yes, well, no, well, sort of," she stammers. "My mother was, but my father is a nonbender. We don't know about my sister yet. She's only 14." She takes a sip. "What about you?"

He shakes his head "My parents aren't benders. No one in my dad's family is but some in my moms family are, just skipped over my mom. And I don't have any siblings"

"Oh, that must be lonely," Amiyah says, dabbing her mouth with her napkin. "I don't know if I could ever live without my sister..." She takes a sip of water to wash down the sudden pang of homesickness that welled up in her. A first of many such feelings, she is sure.

"I think it's only lonely if you have a sibling and then suddenly don't for some reason. I mean, I don't exactly know what I'm missing since I have nothing to miss." He shrugs "So, it's not bad." He smiles softly.

"I suppose you're right," she smiles. As some more students sit down at the table closest to them, she realizes just how many others there are. "My, I don't think I've ever seen this many people our age in one room before! There must be hundreds of benders here!" she exclaims.

He glances over his shoulder and shrugs as he looks back to his food. "Ehh, what'd you expect from this big of a school really?" He glances at her "You went to a super small school, didn't you?"

She blushes a little and nods. "Yeah... After my middle school I thought high school was huge! In my high school there's about one hundred fifty others, I guess that's actually really small." She smiles a little. "You seem to be comfortable enough in a crowd, though."

He shrugs a shoulder and nods "Yeah, I come from a pretty big high school. I mean, I'm not super social or whatever."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back