• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The american Revolution with a twist (Reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Tonstad39

God of wisdom
Boston, 1775

The British have been taxing the 13 colonies of British America without their consensus. Redcoats can be seen patrolling the city and placing authoritarian measures, from banning the use of firearms exept for hunting to high import duties on tea and other mercantiles. Redcoats keep the Colonies in line and have rigorously trained as a member of arguably the world's strongest Army. These soldiers and Grenadiers are authorized to use dark spells, rifles and even suck blood from rebels and lawbreakers alike. The rebels, on the other hand wish to liberate the colonies from the tyrannical British rule. They’re not formally trained, but they’re motivated by life, liberty and the persuit of happiness. They’ve picked up many tricks fom the native popultion ranging from Guerilla warfare to shapeshifting magic, all to get them closer to their goal of establishing a new country with a republican government.

The eviction notice
A small group of redcoats were marching towards a cottage that hasn’t been paying tax. The cottage was in the massatrussettes frontier “I don’t think its worth our time to be here” said an Orcish soldier “All that’s back here are Indian tribes” “You heard the general!” exclaimed Joseph as they got up to the property “It was 21, oak road, Lancaster, step back and I’ll handle this!” Joseph soon clopped up to the front door and gave it three angry knocks.

Upon hearing that Irritating Knocking once more, Salsa grits his teeth. "Dammit," he whispers, standing up from his dinner table, slipping his knife up his sleeve if worse would come to worst. "Can't believe the brits are back at my house again."
Salsa stands up and stretches his legs, then makes his way to the door and asks, in as neutral and boring a tone as he can muster, "Who is it?"

“This is the Imperial grenadines!” Exclaimed Joseph “We are notified of your tax avoidence and we need to evict you from the property!”

"Please, Imperials, please understand I'm poor. I can barely feed myself, let alone pay for the house. Can't you make an exception for me?" Salsa replies, taking a quick look around his house for all the weapons he has. A few musketoons, rifles, and pistols... two mounted sabers, boxes of paper, black powder, and lots of pewter dishes.
Yeah, there's no way Salsa's poor. If the Brits bust in, he's totalled.
"Or at least give me some time to pack what little stuff I have?"

“If you do not comply, we will use force so come with us!” Said Joseph redying his own musket “Traitor!”

"Y-Yes, sir!" Salsa replies. "I'll be out in a second!"
Salsa ever so quietly props the door with a chair, then looks at his boxes of supplies. He can get most stuff but the dishes from his pals, he reckons, taking a backpack and stuffing it with a musketoon, a pistol and multiple pewter dishes.
Salsa takes a saber and sheathes it upon his waist, then looks around for any flint and tinder. Drat, where did he leave that?

“That’s what I wish to hear!” Said Joseph as another grenadier walked up to the house with iron shackles in hand.

Salsa finds his firestarter. Perfect. He tips over the containers of gunpowder and paper, causing a pretty formidable racket in the process.
"Ah, damn, my cupboard fell over," Salsa grimaces. "One minute!"
But if only Salsa considered the fact that cupboards never sound like they're filled to the brim with sand

"Yes sir! Let me just-"
Salsa lights a section of the floor on fire. The flames will qpread to the gunpowder in about half a minute, plenty of time to get out of its blast radius. You could say he's planning to go out with a bang.
Salsa opens his window and jumps outside, backpack slung around his shoulder. This is a fairly non-urban section of town, so there's a forest off behind his house. He uses the Brits' stupidity and focus on the front door to his advantage and quietly dashes into the woods.

“He’s got illegal armaments!” Exclaimed Joseph “After him!” all the grenadiers ran into the house and looked around before noticing how he wasn’t there “Where did he go?” Asked a grenadier “He probably escaped, Look for all signs of exit” and just like that Joseph put the eyes on the sides of his head to good use as he ran all over the house while the other grenadiers coughed due to all the smoke as joseph suddenly announced “Hey! his back window is cracked, he probably went into the woods!”

"If those damned Brits enter the woods," Salsa grins to himself whilst retreating, loading his musketoon, "they're as good as dead."

He would soon hear running footsteps turn to a jog in the dark woods as the grenadiers asked “Did he get away?” “The general told us that he was a vampire, but got knows if he’s a bat now” said Joseph getting out some garlic and a salt shaker.

Salsa finishes chambering one round into his weapon, then darts behind a tree trunk and strains his ears so he'd be prepared if the Brits were truly idiotic to enter the woods.

“We order you to reveal yourself” said Josph stopping where he stood before placing salt on the soil “It will only become worse the more you resist orders!”

"If I reveal myself, that'll be the last thing you see," threatens Salsa, quite audibly cocking his weapon.

Joseph held out the garlic in hope of weakening his powers “I will not be pray to you when you need to come with us immediately!”

“How about we bring the stake out instead!” Boomed Joseph motioning the fellow grenadiers to be silent.

"If you can toss it into my chest from here, maybe! Step one foot into this forest and I know you aren't getting it back!"

Joseph slowly clopped around the trees looking for Bat nor man in the near pitch darkness tryin to be as silent as possible.

Salsa smiles to himself. His prey is completely unaware.
"You stepped into the woods with your left foot, didn'tcha?" he asks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back