• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Amazingly Misguided Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Azri-Shi - Disappoint -

Azri-Shi stared at Jerkeson surprised. He was tired, angry, and had his Buxi stolen out from under him. Of course he knew he'd have to move eventually, but he wanted to take a nap first. Though hearing the valcano guardian becoming Jamesons was- incredibly concerning to Azri-Shi to say the least. Very, very concerning actually. He did not want Jerkeson to be in control of anything. He would rather have Buxton die then allow Jerkeson to have control of him. It was simply a better fate in the long run for the lava golem. Besides, now this meant Azri-Shi would either have to wait until Jerkeson died then hope to god Buxton decided he was worthy then, which meant waiting around Jerkeson and as we've established- Jerkeson is a jerk. Or he could go on his own adventures and simply hope Buxton found his way back to him, which was highly unlikely.

He pouted as he fluttered slightly above ground, not really out of any particular desire more because it was the only thing keeping him awake right now. "I'll be up front behind (or on) Buxi, thanks. We'll need a navigator, right?" Azri-Shi said in a response to Jerkeson. Though he was mostly saying that to spite Jerkeson's order, and because he hated the very idea of letting Jerkeson lead anyone, he would be better suited to being higher up. Besides he was just going to wander ahead anyways, why not at least let them plan for his anarchy?
At least let Faye and Alias get the warning.
"I'm fine with staying up a little while loo-" He interrupted himself with a long, drawn out yawn "-ng. A-anyways- You can call me Azi, Alias!" He smiled at the girl before looking at Faye. She liked the jerk? She had to be joking. Of course he didn't want to see anyone get hurt, other then Jerkeson, but he wasn't really against it. It wasn't like Azri-Shi had formed too many personal attachments within the group as of yet, and he certainly wouldn't call him his family. Just, friends right now. Other then Jerkeson and Tough Guy. Tough Guy was cool. Jerkeson could burn within the pits of the firey Northern Lands.​

Ivan almost lost it during the inner fighting of the group and saw neither Azi or Jameson were fit to lead if they kept disputing each other’s orders, Azi seemed to child like and needed an authority figure to keep him in check and Jameson was kinda acting like a dick. “Listen up you lot.” He called out to the group, “It’s obvious we are disorganised, inner fighting, no coordination and shit chemistry between each other, but I propose a temporary solution.”

Ivan gave a slight smirk from under his mask, “You both seem eager to lead but you both are also too inexperienced to lead a snail down a slide. So I will be commandeering control, like it or not we need someone who can keep people in line, and I think everyone will agree with me when I say both of you are acting like idiots with half a brain.” Ivan was being dead serious, “We’ve also been out for a while and we are restless, it may be the tiredness by only rest will answer that question. I say we settle down here, maybe start a campfire and share stories, tell tales that may or may not be true. Sing songs and recite poems, the usual stuff people do during times like this.”

Ivan hadn’t had much experience leading, but when he did he knew how to make the team bond, people usually fought out of ignorance for the other person, only seeing them as another person to help them gain profit over an actual person. “And I swear to god, if there is another argument about the dumbest thing I will personally see to the issue and make sure you will never cause an issue, because right now if you two keep this up we will all be luck to survive this gauntlet of despair.”

[class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#502704; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #502704; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Bord] border:1px SOLID #502704; padding:1px; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #502704; border-bottom:1px SOLID #502704; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:1px; [/class]
[div class="Bord"][div class="Image"]
927a41a9c0f04780a2fd7143c787e1d0.jpg
[/div][/div]
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Zerulu Zerulu K KodomoSekai Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal GirlyGamer1031 GirlyGamer1031 bonesbo bonesbo || Mentioned: N/A|| Located: The cave [div class="Line"][/div]
[div class="Name"] Aelin Serlex[/div]
Jameson nods "i had figured as much, dont worry as long as we are together it is all of our jobs to protect the other, plus you will still be in range with your bow"
”Still I’d Rather stay close.” she said simply and looked over at the demon chil. He looked distressed over Buxton’s appointment on Jameson.
Azri-Shi - Disappoint - Azri-Shi stared at Jerkeson surprised. He was tired, angry, and had his Buxi stolen out from under him. Of course he knew he'd have to move eventually, but he wanted to take a nap first. Though hearing the valcano guardian becoming Jamesons was- incredibly concerning to Azri-Shi to say the least. Very, very concerning actually. He did not want Jerkeson to be in control of anything. He would rather have Buxton die then allow Jerkeson to have control of him. It was simply a better fate in the long run for the lava golem. Besides, now this meant Azri-Shi would either have to wait until Jerkeson died then hope to god Buxton decided he was worthy then, which meant waiting around Jerkeson and as we've established- Jerkeson is a jerk. Or he could go on his own adventures and simply hope Buxton found his way back to him, which was highly unlikely. He pouted as he fluttered slightly above ground, not really out of any particular desire more because it was the only thing keeping him awake right now. "I'll be up front behind (or on) Buxi, thanks. We'll need a navigator, right?" Azri-Shi said in a response to Jerkeson. Though he was mostly saying that to spite Jerkeson's order, and because he hated the very idea of letting Jerkeson lead anyone, he would be better suited to being higher up. Besides he was just going to wander ahead anyways, why not at least let them plan for his anarchy? At least let Faye and Alias get the warning. "I'm fine with staying up a little while loo-" He interrupted himself with a long, drawn out yawn "-ng. A-anyways- You can call me Azi, Alias!" He smiled at the girl before looking at Faye. She liked the jerk? She had to be joking. Of course he didn't want to see anyone get hurt, other then Jerkeson, but he wasn't really against it. It wasn't like Azri-Shi had formed too many personal attachments within the group as of yet, and he certainly wouldn't call him his family. Just, friends right now. Other then Jerkeson and Tough Guy. Tough Guy was cool. Jerkeson could burn within the pits of the firey Northern Lands.​
The nick name...wasn’t to bad. She wasn’t used to nick names but Azri..Er Azi seemed like he would sleep where he stood.
Ivan hadn’t had much experience leading, but when he did he knew how to make the team bond, people usually fought out of ignorance for the other person, only seeing them as another person to help them gain profit over an actual person. “And I swear to god, if there is another argument about the dumbest thing I will personally see to the issue and make sure you will never cause an issue, because right now if you two keep this up we will all be luck to survive this gauntlet of despair.”
Ivan threw his name onto the ring of leadership. ” should we really stay in the cave over night? Is that really a good idea?” She asked. ”Some one should keep guard, or shifts for guarding at least.” Aelin added. Though sitting around a campfire singing campfire songs wasn’t really something she was interested in. Singing in front of strangers especially, and story telling..wasn’t her thing either. Her stories weren’t fun or good to tell others. [div class="Line"][/div]

Jameson chuckles "we do have someone who can keep guard" he smiles and pars Buxton "elementals don't need sleep so"

“Rest!” Buxton echoed Ivan, before taking both of their fists and pounding it into the ground. a tremor shook out around them and caused them to all fall to their knees or butts. “do not touch the water.” they pointsd up at the bats that still circled the central column, squeaking. “you rest, i guard.” Buxton pointed to Aelin as she mentioned protecting, then to theirself with their thumb; it was clear the decision was not open for negotiations. they then pointed a finger at the center of the circle they formed and a spirt of lava came out in a controlled manner and there a small pile of fire was formed.

Jameson chuckles and nods "alright guys, lets rest up Buxton will watch us, if anything happens, wake us up Buxton"

“The cave is the best bet we have, plus there isn’t to many angles we can get ambushed from, andmnot a lot of creatures or people that can overpower an elemental like our dear Buxton.” Ivan was pleasantly surprised no one was disputing his choice, “I’ll look for some tinder and I’m sure Buxton would be happy to light it for us.” Ivan went to look for some dry enough sticks he could use as tinder, surprisingly enough it wasn’t that hard, only having to look around where the group was standing he found a good handful of sticks that were of acceptable quality.

As he stacked the sticks in a fashion that resembled a usual camp fire he signalled Buxton to light it, “Anyone who wants to go to sleep now is free to, but I’ll be sharing some stories of my past, and the fact I’m not exactly comfortable sleeping near people I just met.”

Jameson sits down next to Ivan and whispers "thanks for the assistance earlier, ive never been good with people..."

Azri-Shi - Nap Time Necessity -

"Wow. Tough Guy's an asshole."
Azri-Shi stated very matter-of-factly. He didn't mean this as a bad or negative comment, in fact he meant it the exact opposite. If he was shit, necessary for to be let out in some way or another. And Jerkeson was, well a jerk, being mean for no real reason. The asshole was the one who made sure the shit stayed in until it was actually time to be let out, and the asshole was needed unlike the jerk. The analogy made sense to Azri-Shi. He was fine being under Tough Guy as long as Tough Guy knew what he was doing.

Though the idea of sitting around and telling stories did sound tempting, he was way too tired right about now and just wanted some sleep. It really was past his nap time, and he couldn't say that out loud with any semblance of pride remaining. When Buxton made the circle he was very glad he was still fluttering, though he had to flutter down soon enough as he was still incredibly tired. Using his wings just increased the tiredness he was getting. Azri-Shi was about to call it a night but he heard Tough Guy say he was going to tell stories and he wanted to hear this.
He could stay up for a little while longer, right?
Just a little bit.​

Faye yawned, but she was much too excited to sleep. She loved stories. She loved people. She also didn’t dispute Ivan’s choice because, well, she found it appropriate. Still, though, she said nothing and kept to herself, leaving her ears open to just listening.

[class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#502704; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #502704; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Bord] border:1px SOLID #502704; padding:1px; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #502704; border-bottom:1px SOLID #502704; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:1px; [/class]
[div class="Bord"][div class="Image"]
927a41a9c0f04780a2fd7143c787e1d0.jpg
[/div][/div]
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: || Mentioned: || Located: || [div class="Line"][/div]
[div class="Name"] Aelin Serlex[/div]
“Rest!” Buxton echoed Ivan, before taking both of their fists and pounding it into the ground. a tremor shook out around them and caused them to all fall to their knees or butts. “do not touch the water.” they pointsd up at the bats that still circled the central column, squeaking. “you rest, i guard.” Buxton pointed to Aelin as she mentioned protecting, then to theirself with their thumb; it was clear the decision was not open for negotiations. they then pointed a finger at the center of the circle they formed and a spirt of lava came out in a controlled manner and there a small pile of fire was formed.
Aelin sighed after landing on her knees. “Alright, I’ll be trusting you then Buxton.” The girl moves to sit crosses legged as the golum lights a fire. Her pack didn’t have much for sleeping in a cave, though she didn’t mind it to much. She was used to sleeping on the ground for traveling. She set the pack beside her and looked at the group. Ivan spoke up. Guess if he was going to reveal detail about himself it be best to pay attention. She wasn’t going to say anything anyways, just listen. The rest of the group seemed content with listening as well. Even Azi fought tiredness to stay up and listen. Cute. “Go on then Ivan.” [div class="Line"][/div]

Bux seemed to nod in satisfaction. They adjusted their sheriffs badge and tattered cloak and then their new hat before trotting around the perimeter; their light still remaining in sight all the way.

Ivan ignored Azi’s comment, he wasn’t in the mood to take anyone’s shit right now, instead he took the good side of it that everyone seemed to comply willingly. “Alright, listen up. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, I may be lying and I may be telling the truth, but this story is about the time I first decided to take bigger game.” Ivan was adamant in telling his story, “I heard whispers about a man requesting a, ‘Travel agent’, to the ordinary ear this is a stupid advertisement but to someone with a trained ear travel agent actually meant a hitman, though I personally prefer Bounty Hunter.”

“I was quite nervous, I always used to keep to low crime, break and entry, theft, pickpocketing, things like that, but none of that paid as well as taking someone else out.” Ivan was attempting to recount the events in his head, “So I followed the trail back to a shady slum like area, typical, people who do illegal business always have to make it in the most obvious of places. That wasn’t the point though, I went to this armoured door, knocked three time and explained I was a travel agent who was willing to give a great deal on a one way trip to somewhere far away. I used code in case this wasn’t who I was expected, but it was so I was let in. Of course I was stripped down, the man was a paranoid bloke, I had to be in my underwear, it didn’t bother me though, business is business. He explained to me my target, I wasn’t expecting what I heard. It was some royal scum, rich kid, got what he wanted, dad had a history of cheating in poker games, this man lost to him and wanted to take something in return, so he wanted to take his son. The man also explained I wasn’t going alone, I had to partner up with this other person, fine lady, around the same age as me, we seemed to click pretty well but both of us knew better than to get to attached to each other.”

He continued adamentaly, “We we’re prepared, we went through the schematics of the building and devised a plan, we also had a mole on the inside lace the guard’s food with sleeping medicine and copious amounts of alcohol, that should have sorted our guard problem. It was a shame it was a bad lead, double agent, alerted the guards and by god did they bunker down. We almost giving up and cutting our losses but this was our lives now, so we carried through, business as usual. She stayed watch on the roof, I went through the window into the boy’s room, about 4 guards littered his room, wasn’t to much of a problem as they seemed confident no one would get through so they had some drinks, quick and swift, I piled their bodies in a corner and placed a chair up against the door, hopefully this would stop anyone checking in on us. As I leaned over his bed the kid was young, to young to be deserving of such a death like this, but I wasn’t the judge, I was the executioner. As I placed my left hand in the kid’s through the spikes dug into his neck, this would stop him from screaming but not struggling, so happened to be the kid was a tough one.”

“He just didn’t seem to let up for a good 1 minute, but eventually the deed was done. I went out the way I came in and met up with my partner, we headed back to an inn near our hirer and waited for news of some King’s or duke’s son to be found dead. Instead what we found was a lot different, they set us up, replaced the son with a random boy from the orphanage, our target was alive but it was to late, they knew we wanted him dead. We headed back to the same adress in the slums and said it was us, but instead of letting us in and patting us down the bodyguard there tackled us, knocking out my partner quite quickly, I put up a bit of a fight until eventually he got a blow onto my head, I was out cold. We awoke a couple hours later naked and tired to some wooden chairs, the man who hired us sat across from us with a wooden torch.” Ivan took a flask out from his pouch and drank a bit of it, “The man explained we had failed, and failure meant we had to compensate him. He said one of us would die, I had already accepted my fate but he had different plans.”

“It seemed he had a history with the girl I worked with, her name was Katija, they used to have an affair until his wife caught him cheating. He said he’d kill Katija and through me to the streets naked and I’d be lucky if I died of some disease before I woke. I watched there as this man lit the chair my partner had been tied up to, I was sitting about two meters away, completely helpless. As she burnt she pleaded for her life but it was to late, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t weep like a boy losing his dog, it crushed me, even when I promised I wouldn’t get attached.” Ivan took one more sip from his flask, “And that’s the story of when I learnt not to get emotionally attached to my partners, it’s also the lady I saw in the mirror, but that’s in the past now.” Ivan stared into the fire, concentrating on it, “Anyone got anything else to share?”

Azri-Shi - Depressed Boi -

"I have one, too, but let's hear Jerkeson's first." Azri-Shi spoke, he'd rather Jerkeson go first honestly. He was still processing Tough Guy's. He'd lost something- That feeling, even if the details had gone fuzzy, Azri-Shi understood more then anything. He felt the need to pull Xel out of his hat and hold her for some strange reason, softly stroking her fur as he listened for the next tale. That story had sort of depressed him out of being tired, if that made any sense. Azri-Shi doubted he'd be able to get any sleep after that. So he'd just stay up. Who needed nap times anyways?​

"I dont think it surprises anyone to know that this isnt my first group of adventurers, its my third, the second one ended well enough, we actually uprooted a 'evil' noble" Jameson chuckles fondly " it was the first one that really shocked me, i was an apprentice at the time, accompanying my master and some of his friends to the coast, apparently several villages had been targeted by a large group of orcs, ransacked, pillaged, all the good stuff, we arrive to find the town of the one who hired us burned to the ground, i was going to turn around and leave when the party started talking amongst themselves."

"Basically they decided to wipe out the orc horde pay, or no pay, we had a hunter with us so tracking them was the easy part, but...." Jamesons face goes a bit pale "what we saw was horrible, orcs are brutes to be sure, but these orcs... they were more than that, they were feral... they were tearing through flesh and bone... blood everywhere..."Jameson sighs "one downside of having a perfect memory is you can't forget"

"The party charged, we had 2 warriors, a hunter, a monk, a druid, me and my master... we were slaughtered.... that was when i first used all my magic... that dragon trick, well thats where I learned it, it was just me and the hunter left, both injured to the brink of death... then i closed my eyes and in a last breath of desperation i released all my magic at once, managed to scare the orcs away... for awhile at least, we were running from them for months, each day we saw them on our tail, eventually the hunter had enough, held them off long enough for me to find a noble who gathered enough of an army to finish off the bastards, he even told me that i did a 'good job'... i went home... my family thought i was dead... wasnt really the same i suppose" Jameson sighs

"You may not like it, but because of that i out all my effort into learning the intricacies of combat, so that i would never lose people like that again... i know im not the easiest to work with, but that's because i dont want to see people die again..."

Last edited:
Azri-Shi - Still Doesn't Believe It -

"Okay! My turn!" Azri-Shi spoke excitedly. "Your stories are super depressing..." Azri-Shi stated before continuing into his own.
"So my story starts with little baby Azi, he's like- 10,000 or something. He got lost in the city and can't find his way home anymore, so what does he do? He tries to find home. He goes on many adventures through the city to try to find his family, but he only ends up meeting these two nice people. A young girl and her grandma. Witchy, the grandma, was a really nice old lady who took in young Azi and decided to teach him magic along with her grand-daughter, Sweetie. Now Sweetie, she wasn't all that up there." Azri-Shi gestured to his head "Sweetie really couldn't keep any thoughts in her head, and needed to constantly be reminded of things. She never really understood language either, she just connected objects to other objects and that's how she'd call 'em. She called bats 'rats with wings', but Sweetie, well Sweetie was a real sweetheart. She's probably the nicest person you'd have ever met. She'd give her heart away if she could."

"But people didn't understand Sweetie, no one really did except for baby Azi who was still new to the language. He was learning the same way she did, by associating objects with other objects. Baby Azi stood up for Sweetie, no matter what. He fought off all her bullies for her, and coined the term 'jerk' for her because they just didn't understand how special she was. And baby Azi was onto something, 'cause he ended up accidentally predicting that Sweetie was a magical prodigy. I'm not talking just proficient, no genuine prodigy. She was especially good at healing people, kinda ironic given how many people hated her. But as she grew up, she got better and better at magic and everyone started seeing her for her sweetness just like baby Azi. Sweetie started being noticed for what made her good when she got older, not what made her worse off. Baby Azi took note of this as he watched her grow up, and decided to become just like her." Azri-Shi looked down at Xel for a moment.

"She ended up saving the world as a legendary adventurer at one point because her magic was just that powerful. Even if it takes longer- baby Azi was going to become like that legendary witch he watched grow up. He realized it'd be harder and that he probably wouldn't come into his own for a really long time, but he swore to himself that he'd never give up. And he's not going to, no matter what anyone says." He looked down at his lap as he whispered the last part "Especially as he's the only one who truly remembers her."
He quickly shook his head and started petting Xel, "Who's up next?"

The stories seemed to take a depressing turn starting with Ivan’s, followed by Jameson’s, albeit Azi’s story did raise the mood a tiny bit it wasn’t enough. Ivan unslung his satchel he had on him and opened it up, revealing a couple bottles that had no distinct stickers on it, most certainly alcoholic. “To raise our spirits we should well, drink some spirits.” He opened the first bottle, the smell of hard liquor filled the air, lowering his half mask for the first time to take a sip, revealing any of his skin beneath his nose, if you observed well enough you’d notice a group of scars reaching down across his lips to his chin.

“Made it myself, helps keeps the nerves down while I work, also helps with morale.” He offered the alcohol to whoever wanted some, “It may taste not the best but the real kicker is the buzz.” Ivan took another swig from the bottle.

Jameson sits up and chuckles slightly "not bad Ivan, i think ill have a bit before bed" then a troubled look crosses Jameson's face and he mutters to himself"strange... i know I have in the past... but i cant remember the last time i drank..."

Ivan laughs, “If you drink good you never remember when you last drink.” He passes Jameson the bottle, “Drink will also help you get to sleep if you drink enough.”

Jameson shakes his head "no... not like that... like the memories aren't even there"he sighs "fuck it... ill worry about it tomorrow" he takes a few hard swigs of the bottle then hands it back

Faye was simply laying on her back and staring up at the “ceiling” of the caverns, listening to the stories the boys had to tell, both soul-crushing and sweet. Faye was a pretty fierce girl, but she couldn’t deny that her eyes might have watered a little bit hearing the tales told. She could smell Ivan’s alcohol as soon as one of the bottles were open, and she contemplated taking a swig or two.

Azri-Shi - Not Legal -

Azri-Shi looked at the alcohol in confusion. In his many, many years of life he'd never once drank for pleasure. Sure, he'd done it once or twice during religious events in the past and during parties, but he'd always found a deep distaste for the drink. It burned his throat but not in a good way, in a really weird, uncomfortable way that made him want to throw up. Then it made his head really fuzzy and he never really remembered what happened after drinking, just the big blank spaces in his memories during those times.
"No thanks- me and Xel'll just be heading to bed. C'mon Xel." Azri-Shi leaned onto his side, unable to really sleep on his back due to his wings. He put Xel on the floor for a moment before taking his arms out of the arms of his cloak and into the main body of it instead, using his cloak as a makeshift blanket of sorts. He tilted his hat down to cover his eyes and Xel crawled over to snuggle into the collar of his cloak. Soon the pair of bat and demon were fast asleep, making soft sleeping sounds. The tiredness had very much caught up to him at this point and he was instantly knocked out the moment he got comfortable.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back