• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Alola Region Adventure! (Sign Ups Closed)

Artificial Sugar

Plus Ultra

Welcome to the Alola region!

24qjwj8.jpg

You're a well-seasoned trainer traveling with your good group of friends on a vacation to catch more Pokemon!

(Character 1)

While it seems another group, who was born on the island (or at the very least, lives there), would like to join you! But do they have what it takes?

(Character 2)

And, what the heck is going on with this crazy skull group?

28i2nug.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Posting order & rules!

Order:

1- Ursarion

2- commanderproton

3- DrBezendrine

4- Captain Spooks

5- m y s t i

6- Avira

Rules:

1- Please post at least once a day. 

2- Post at least one paragraph per character. 

3- Use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

4- Be kind! If you have an issue with the role play or anyone in it, please speak to me!

5- Let me know if you're going to be gone/unable to reply, or if you want to drop the role play.

6-Post within two days, otherwise you're going to be skipped.

7- No godmodding!~

Kaminari

zmxz8.jpg

Kaminari groaned as she leaned over the side of the ferry, sighing as a cool sea breeze brushed her hair lightly into her eyes. Pushing the lock of hair away angrily, she pressed a hand to her mouth as another wave of nausea hit her. She'd never been good with the ocean, and riding boats was definitely not her thing. She'd agreed to this vacation, of course- it had been her idea in the first place, but she'd underestimated how sick she would get. Yomi, her Gengar, stood next to her, looking concerned. It had stayed close to her since they'd gotten on the ferry, knowing that she didn't do well with them, and had been there for her violent sickness the past hour. Yomi was her first Pokemon, and definitely her baby. Kaminari couldn't imagine life without her. Sighing, Kaminari sat up and brushed her hair back, leaning against the railing, finally feeling okay enough to actually look at the other passengers on the ferry. Her friends were here with her, and they all knew how she got, so none of them were angry. Even so, Kaminari felt incredibly guilty about being ill the whole ride to Melemele Island. It was their first stop in the Alola region. They had booked some rooms at a small inn on the island, with the boys sharing two rooms and the girls sharing three rooms. It would be a little cramped, but nothing that they couldn't handle. 

Pushing herself up into a standing position, Kaminari sighed in relief as the island came into view ahead of them. Yomi let out a happy cry and turned to Kaminari, obviously trying to reassure her that the end of the ride was in sight. Kaminari grinned and placed a gentle hand on Yomi's hand, grabbing her bags as they docked, ready to get off the damned ferry. She was the first one off, leading Yomi to the island, the sand warm beneath her flip-flopped feet. Usually, Kaminari wore things like jeans and turtlenecks, but this wasn't the place you could do that without overheating. So, she'd opted for a pair of jean shorts and a black tank, paired with black flip flops. On her head, she wore a black floppy hat, to keep the sun from burning her, as well as a pair of cat eye sunglasses. Of course, she'd liberally spread sunscreen on beforehand, but she burned easily, and didn't want to spend the trip in pain.

"Let's go, Yomi." Kaminari spoke to her Gengar quietly, making sure everyone was behind her. She had a map of the islands, and she'd marked their inn on the first island, so she hoped she knew where they were going. "Everyone ready? We'll go to our rooms first, and then we can explore."

Nobuo

e0poqf.jpg

Nobuo opened his eyes and winced as the bright sunlight streamed directly into them. Groaning loudly, he rolled over, and right out of bed, onto the floor. Letting out a loud over dramatic yelp, he pushed himself up, rubbing his back dramatically. Limping out of his room, he went slowly down the stairs, and dragged himself into the kitchen, leaning on the counter, a frown on his face. His mother was cooking breakfast on the stove, humming to herself quietly as her Pikipek, named "Pie" (due to its love of the baked good) helped her. "Moooooom. I fell out of bed and hurt my baaaaaack." Nobu dragged the words out, groaning as he spoke. His mother barely turned to look him before speaking. "Oh, you're fine, dear. You know you start your trials today- you can't postpone it again." She turned to look at him again, waving her spatula at him, scolding him for postponing the trials for so long already. Nobuo grimaced and sighed, turning away to take a seat at the dining table.

"Fine.. What's for breakfast then?" His mood changed instantly when his mother informed him she'd made fresh fruit pancakes- his favorite. As she finished up her cooking, his mother joined him at the table and they chatted about the weather and the trials for a while, until they both finished. Knowing that he needed to get moving, Nobuo sighed and took his plate to the sink, rinsing it off slowly before setting it to the side. Making his way back upstairs, he showered and dressed before grabbing his bag and taking another look around his room, already dreading the day.

"Well.. I'm off." He shrugged and leaned against the wall behind him, watching as his mother washed up the dishes they'd dirtied before drying her hands on a towel hooked in the apron on her waist. "Alright, dear." She turned to him, a small smile on her lips. Nobuo frowned. "Don't you even care that I'm leaving? I mean, I'll be gone for a long time!" He placed his hands on his hips, as his mother rolled her eyes. "Nobu, you know just as well as I do that you'll be coming home in a month to visit. You live here. It's not like you're leaving the region." She walked forward and kissed his head gently, hugging him to her. Pie joined them, pecking Nobuo's head affectionately. "You're right.. But I'll miss it here." Nobuo pulled away and smiled at his mother before turning away and leaving the house, shutting the door loudly behind him. Setting off at a fast pace, he yelped as he remembered that his Meowth was still in his room, asleep. Running back home, he made his way upstairs to grab it, before yelling goodbye, and finally beginning his adventure.

Orion

Orion leaned on the rail, loving the sun on his skin, the wind in his face, the smell of the sea in his nose.  He was a little disappointed when they docked and it was time to disembark. He was caught between wanting to experience everything right away, and wanting to savor every moment.  He was glad he was taking this trip with his friends, both human and pokemon.  He couldn't imagine exploring Alola without either.  He'd have liked to take his whole team with him, but they'd all agreed to choose only four, to make things more exciting.  Opal and Lapis, his Sylveon and Vaporeon, were out of their balls the whole ferry ride.  Opal was such a sweetheart, and always wanted to be right there, and Lapis really enjoyed traveling across the sea.  He daren't send out Atlas, as the Golurk was too large and heavy, while his Whimsicott Gossamer, had the opposite problem.

When they finally docked, he spotted Kami practically running for terra firma.  Smiling, he recalled Opal and Lapis.  "Come along, babies," he said as they beamed into their balls.  "Time to go." He collected his baggage and went to join the others.  

Kaminari laid out her itinerary, and he looped his arm through hers.  She had been far more liberal with the sunscreen than he, being so pale, and he could feel it still tacky on her skin.  Orion had a bit less to fear from the sun, and brazenly wore a pale pink tank top, matching cargo shorts, and hiking shoes, plus a simple white fedora and mirrored aviators.  

"Oh, sweetie, I love you for having this idea," he said to her.  "I mean just look at this place: the natural beauty, the architecture--" he paused to smile at a well built fellow in blue trunks-- "the indigenous fauna.  Hm.  I can tell we're going to have a wonderful time!"

Li

Li hugged her parents one last time.  "Okay, guys, I really have to go," she said.  Li had vacillated on the trial thing for a while, taking her time to make a solid decision.  She knew her parents would prefer she stay at home, but she had decided this was something she had to do.  She'd done lots of research, and even gathered herself a preliminary team.  Between Professor Kukui abd the training school, she felt confident she had all the information she needed.  

"I won't be gone long," she said.  "I promise I'll keep in touch and visit every chance I get."

Teary-eyed, her parents bid her farewell, as she stiffened her spine and marched to the end of the block.  When she finally turned the corner, she slumped in on herself.  *What are you doing?* she demanded of herself.  *You're really doing the island trial?  You can't do this, you don't even know where you're going!*

She tried arguing with her inner voice, but it wasn't easy.  She was so wrapped up in her self doubt and anxiety, she didn't see where she was going, and ended up walking into someone.  

"Oh, my gosh," she stammered.  "I'm so sorry!"

(Tag next newbie trainer?)

77b5c465a0e0812de8c7b3b21a1bbc57(1).jpg

Matt was enjoying the crisp ocean breeze with his egg cradled in his arms. Riro was doing almost exactly what Matt was. The two have been together for eight years, it almost felt like an eternity. Riro and Matt basically had the same personality, often being in sync with on another. They both took in a deep breath, each had their eyes closed as the sun was beating down on their figures. 'Vacation' was here and he had the funds to open up his Day-Care with him. He loved it already and had barely seen the land at this time. Either way, he was ready to disembark and so was Riro. Matt ran his fingers through his hair as he let out a sigh of relief.

"Riro, ready to begin again? What number is it, seven? Eight?" The Typhlosion nodded at the seven with a visible smile. "Ah... Well. This is great! We'll just do what we have been doing in the past, right? Starting with this egg." He walked towards the ramp down onto the island. He had been looking forward to this trip since he got the ticket. It was very exciting.

The first step felt great as Riro already intensified his flame in a good way. A new adventure for the both of them began with that step. Matt lugged his two bags on his back as he looked around for the Inn. He had only glanced at a map before this, so his best guess was to find anyone else that he had noticed on the ferry going towards it. He looked for a good long while before he had seen Kaminari, obviously knowing where she was going. He decided to follow her at a slow sort of stroll, taking in the beauty of the island and waving, with Riro, to the locals.

1bab55be336b478cc218260df51b7c61(1).jpg

Ry had been on this island ever since she could remember. Her parents moved her very early on and, well, she can only say she loved it ever since. A teenager's dream is to live on the beach every day of their lives and that is exactly what Ry's life was. Was it ever boring? No... In fact, it was like a new adventure every day. Her Rowlet sat a top her shoulder, looking pristine and cheerful as she walked through the middle of her town. Apparently every novice trainer on this island was preparing for the Island Trials. Something she knew she would never be good at or like. She pretended it didn't bother her and was walking only to see if she could push it off. Battling was never her thing. Grooming was. Her Rowlet looked absolutely beautiful, giving to her by her father. She always cared about her pokemon's looks just because she thought it was necessary in growing them. She thought if she loved to be happy, then why wouldn't her pokemon? She loved to look nice, so why wouldn't they? Either way, she didn't care what others thought, she was going to groom every one of hers.

As she was looking around, it felt like this was the first time she has seen this town ever, she accidentally bumped into another person. Or, they bumped into her, rather. She stood her ground, but took a step back, wondering what happened, her Rowlet steadily re-balanced herself on Ry's shoulder. "Oh, no no, you're fine. I was too wrapped in... well, my thoughts." Ry said, looking at the person who happened to run into her.

@commanderproton

(( Next: @Captain Spooks

imageproxy.jpg

Sadie

Sadie sat quietly in her seat, a large sun hat protecting her pale skin from the harmful power of the sun. Her Glaceon was curled up in the combined shadow of Sadie and the chair, the poor thing wasn't used to such warm climates.

"You'll be fine," she said in a soft voice and a sweet smile, reaching down to her ice type pokemon and giving her head a few soft ruby's before going back to the view of the ocean. 'What a beautiful view...' Sadie though, her blue eyes starring into the equally blue ocean. It wasn't long  before Melemele Island was in view, and Sadie couldn't help but to feel a pang of excitement. This was the place where she could relax and be free of the shackles of her family business. It was nice of Kaminari to set up this trip for everyone.

After getting her baggage and leaving the ship Sadie went to her room at the Inn. Changing into a more fitting outfit for this type of weather, just a cute shirt and a skirt (not an expert on which chick's wear, since I am a guy). She then went to see what kind of fashion they have hear in Aloha, rumors say that there is a rather fancy clothing store here in town, so Sadie decided that she would go there and browse their options and then maybe stroll around the city.

f4fcc56ad6addfe208192821eb4c97af.jpg

Alika 

Alika slowly tossed and turned in his bed as the bright sun illuminated his room. The blonde teen slowly opened his amber eyes and look around. It felt weird waking up here, it's like when you have a dream that you're sleeping somewhere else, but when you wake up you're not there and you get the feeling of confusion. Alika still felt like he was back in Blacksthorn city, happily asleep in his grandparents shanty old home. But now he was in Aloha, living with his mom and younger sister. Speaking of his younger sister, the little devil just bursted into his room, knocking over some cardboard boxes that haven't been unpacked.

"Wake up Ali!!!!" She squealed happily as she launched herself off of the floor and onto Alika's bed. A expression of pure joy as she landed right on her half asleep brother. The Dratini that was sleeping right next to the boy was luckily enough to slither outhe of the little monsters impact zone. The initial force of the young girl coloring with Alika's stomach caused the wind to be knocked out if the boy. he instantly sat up with a heaping cough, desperately trying to get some air back into his system. A bright  smile still spread across the little girls face.

"Mom made breakfast, so don't be late!" She said before hopping off Alika and skipping out of his room, acting as if nothing had happened.

"Little devil...," Alika said in between coughs as he watched her leave. Not too long after her departure Alika pulled the covers off of him and stood up to look at his new room. There wasn't much, a bed, nightstand with a lamp, and a bunch of boxes that were full of his belongings. It all happened so fast... Anyways it wasn't long before Alika was ready for the day, sitting at a round wooden table with his mother and sister eating breakfast.

"After breakfast you should go look around Hau'oli City, it's a truly beautiful piece of land," Alika'said mom said, chuckling at her little compliment. Alika had already shoved a piece of omelet into his mouth, so he replied with a short nod. His sister instantly shot up to volunteer for showing him around, but their mother shoto down the idea, saying that she had school to attending. It didn't take too long for Alika leave the apartment complex that housed his new home. Though the nice warm air felt nice, even if Alika was wearing a pull over hoodie, since he doesn't really have any summer clothes. All he had was a pair of black cargo shorts, and a white T-shirt, which is what he is wearing now under his blue hoodie. With nothing really else to do the blonde teen started wandering the streets of his new home.

photo.jpg

Charlise 

The cool breeze blew against the girl's pale face, causing her to be slightly comforted. Ever since the boatride began, she became nauseous from the tossing and turning of the ferry. Thankfully, she hadn't vomited. She walked towards the bow and gazed at the tropical island with a small smile. It definitely screamed "vacation". At least, it looked much more like a vacation hotspot compared to high-end, urban Kalos. 

Her Greninja stood alongside her, also watching the view from the front of the boat. Maybe it was weird to not give her starter a nickname. There were many others who nicknamed their Pokemon, but she didn't name her Greninja. He was Modest-natured, which boosted his special attack but decreased his attack. She heard Kamanari speaking and nodding. She thought of sending out another one of her Pokemon, but the smallest one was Clawitzer, who had a Naughty nature and was still quite big, being 4'3 and weighing 78 lbs

She faced her Greninja with a confident smile on her face. "Ready, Greninja?" she asked. The tall, frog-like Pokemon nodded, emitting a small sound that resembled a croak. She was rather excited about this whole vacation, eager to get to their inn.

25f5d25ffcf2f24f453185c964f2d97a.jpg

Akamu

The blinding rays of the sun weakened Akamu's sensitive eyes. It was a bit ironic for a boy born on the tropical island of Alola, where the sun always shined, had eyes that were sensitive to light. The tanned boy pulled the covers over his head with a groan, only to be greeted by the sounds of loud footsteps approaching his room.

He was greeted with the purr of his Litten, Cinder, and the chirping of Aeris, his Pikipek. He smiled and petted his two Pokemon, his Pom-Pom Oricorio, Poofy, standing to the side. "Akamu?" a low yet feminine voice called. It was his mother. He had almost forgotten that it was his first day at the Pokemon School nearby. He rushed to the bathroom before he was caught lounging in bed. He brushed his teeth and took a quick shower. He got dressed and rushed down the stairs.

"Good morning, Mother," he said innocently with a goofy grin on his face. Although he would have been sleeping right now if it weren't for his mother, he anticipated what could happen in just the first day. Maybe he would meet new friends and be able to level up his Pokemon. He always thought of the amazing moment when Cinder finally evolved into Torracat, then into Incineroar. He kissed his mother on the cheek and took his breakfast, a single plain bagel, and hurried out the door.

(Your turn. :3 @avira)

Kz78KaH.png

Amelie closed her eyes and grinned as she stuck her face a little too far past the railing of the ferry, one hand holding in place the white hat on her head.  The ribbon tied around it fluttered in the breeze behind her. She loved the feeling of the wind gently caressing her skin on their short sea passage, the mild rocking of the boat soothed her. Vivien, Amelie's Gardevoir, grabbed hold of Amelie's trademark robin-egg-blue dress, just in case. Vivien had been with Amelie since she was a low leveled Ralts and was used to being the practical side of Amelie's fanciful nature. Before they knew it, Melemele was before their eyes, the picturesque view catching the attention of most of the passengers. Amelie took out her phone to snap a picture, wanting to save it as a souvenir. 

When the ferry had finally docked, Amelie skipped down the gangway, past all her friends, including Kaminari. She didn't even take the time to call out to Vivien, although she didn't have to. "Come on, guys!" She shouted, hand cupped around her mouth to amplify her voice. "Let's go to our rooooms! ...Which, by the way, how are we splitting those? Who's rooming with who?" Amelie put a finger to her chin. She knew the girls would be staying together, and so would the boys. She couldn't imagine how messy and awful the boys' rooms would be. Physically shaking the thought out of her mind, Amelie waved for her friends to hurry towards their destination. Her excitement was clearly visible on her face.

Amelie's cousin, Enzo, lived on Melemele. She hadn't seen him in about two years, but they were very close growing up. Today, they had planned to meet up, and Amelie could not wait.

ZNksLfg.png

Enzo was in bed, drooling all over the Alolan Sandshrew pillow he slept on every night. Paul, his Jango-o, often served as his alarm on lazy mornings like these by banging on his scales right next to Enzo's ears. It never failed to start Enzo with a jolt, almost making him fall out of bed. Enzo gently rubbed his head where he had banged it on the headboard. He groaned. Today was supposed to be the beginning of his trial and he almost dreaded it. As if on cue, Enzo's dad opened the door. "Come on, son, I know you're awake. I heard Paul. Have breakfast before you leave."

Enzo got up and dressed in his usual attire of a black top with orange cargo pants. He rambled to his pokemon as he went and they made their various noises in agreement. None of them liked to sleep inside their pokeballs. Even George, his Magikarp, slept in a little fish tank Enzo had just for that purpose. As he headed to the kitchen, Enzo returned all his pokemon into their respective balls, except for Paul. "Let's just get this over with," he whined, drudging his feet down the stairs.

Enzo was greeted with the sight of his father in an flowery apron, flipping some pancakes. "Eat up, son," he said with a deep, gruff voice as he flipped a pancake up and behind him, onto a plate without looking. "And don't forget, your cousin Amelie comes in today." Enzo opened the fridge to find some orange juice and poured it into a glass. "She's staying at the Hau'oli inn." Enzo nodded. He needed no reminder as seeing his cousin was one of the few reasons he even got out of bed today.

After finishing his pancakes, Enzo grabbed his guitar case and slung it around his should. "Alright, I'm outta here, Dad." he said, trailing his voice as if he hoped for a reason to stay. Instead, Enzo's Dad almost pushed him out the door, giving him a bit of pocket money and a few potions for the road. "Be safe, son," were the last words he heard before his own door was slammed in his face. Enzo sighed and headed towards his friend Nobuo's house. They decided to journey together as they did their trials, Enzo hoped he'd do better with other people around to support him.

@Ursarion

120j7t3.jpg

Kaminari grinned as Orion moved up beside her, wrapping his arm through hers. She felt slightly bad for him, having just put on so much sunscreen. Even so, it didn't seem to affect him. "Well, I sure hope so. I planned everything out, but you know that things always seem to go wrong...." She trailed off, sighing, as she remembered her last attempt at a vacation. She'd only taken Orion at that time, and it had not gone well. She'd gotten food poisoning somehow, and had thrown up and laid in bed the whole time. "I'm not touching any food that looks weird." She let out a laugh, slightly beginning to pant from the heat and the small hike to their Inn. Hearing Amelie speak, Kaminari stopped for a moment, face going slightly paler than usual. "I-- I didn't even plan that part out!" She pressed a hand to her lips, eyes staring down at the hot sand. She took a moment to run through all the pairings in her head, before looking up. "I think any of the possible options will work out just fine- none of us are on bad terms with each other, so we could room with anyone we feel comfortable with."

Kaminari would have chosen Orion, but it was "inappropriate" to room with a male, and she really didn't feel like getting odd looks from the locals. Sighing, Kaminari pushed open the doors to the Inn, instantly cooled by a blast of air from the AC. "Ahhh~" She purred, closing her eyes for a moment to enjoy it. She had been worried that the island buildings wouldn't have AC, but it appeared that they did. 

"Hi there! We have reservations, it's under the name Kaminari  Tsuzuchi ."

The receptionist typed a few things into the computer and smiled, nodding. Grabbing a few keys from the rack behind her, she gestured for the small group to follow her.

"We don't serve meals here, but there's a lovely restaurant just down the road. We offer room cleaning services every morning from eight to ten, and we do ask that you keep the noise down after ten at night, please!" Her voice was cheery as she led them to a set of rooms all next door to each other. Unlocking all the doors, she stood aside to let them in, A smile on her face. "If you need anything at all, please call the front desk. Aloha!" 

With that, she was gone, leaving them to decide their rooming order. Kaminari entered the first room she saw, laying her bags down on the bed with a sigh of relief. Gengar followed behind, looking up at her curiously. "This is where we'll be staying for a while, Yomi. It's alright." Yomi nodded, pressing a hand to Kaminari's thigh.

"Alright. Now, let's figure out who's going in what room."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2rw29ae.jpg

Nobuo, now having collected his Meowth-- who's name was Bastet -- stood by his house, waiting for Enzo. They'd planned to go on this thing together, having been friends for quite a long while, now. Nobuo, in his haste to get going before he chickened out, had almost forgotten, but, like with Bastet, he remembered at the last minute. He was always forgetful, but Nobuo felt like he was especially forgetful today- most likely because of nerves. He never did well when it came to stuff like this. Sighing, Nobuo laid a hand on Bastet's head, gently patting the sleepy Pokemon. It hadn't been too happy about being woken up, but it had come along, knowing that today was important for Nobuo. "Bastet, if you're still sleepy, you can ride on my shoulder." Nobuo was used to toting the Pokemon around on his shoulders, so it had become almost like a regular step in his daily routine. Bastet would hold onto him as he roamed around the island, doing whatever it was he found himself interested in at the moment. After a few minutes of contemplation, Bastet crawled onto the railing of Nobuo's front porch, and then onto his shoulder, before settling down comfortably. 

Spotting Enzo, Nobuo grinned and ran over, Bastet now on his shoulder. "Hey!" Nobuo called, stopping just short of running into Enzo, his shoes kicking up sand, making Bastet call out angrily.

"Sorry!" Nobuo said, looking to the grumpy Pokemon. The Meowth just ignored him, narrowing it's eyes.

"You ready?" Nobuo asked, turning his attention to Enzo. "I'm pretty tired already, honestly. I feel like I didn't sleep at all."

Mentions: @commanderproton & @avira

Next: @commanderproton

Orion snorted at Kami's remarks about food.  "Sweetie, we did just come from Kalos," he said.  "Most people think we invented weird food."

When the desk clerk handed over the keys, he selected one and turned to Matt.  "Whaddya say, Matty," he said with a wink, "wanna sleep together?"

Not waiting for a response, Orion slung his bag over his shoulder and sashayed towards the room.  The rooms were nice--small, but nice.  And the window overlooked the Melemele sea, which was simply breathtaking.  Orion had often visited Courmarine and Ambrette, but Alola was like another world.  

"Me, too," Li said.  "This whole trial thing is kinda daunting." Li spotted the girl's Rowlett and brightened.  "Oh, you have a Rowlett, too!  And yours is so pretty!  How do you get the feathers to shine like that?"

Li took out a ball and released Robin Hoot.  The smol birb tootled and fluffed his feathers as she scooped him up.  Robin Hoot was a bit scruffy, compared with the girl's, but no less cute in Li's eyes.  "This is Robin Hoot," she said, and he tootled in greeting, or maybe just acknowledgement.

Matt walked in shortly after everyone else looking pleased in his usual grin. "Only if you let Atlas out. I so terribly miss him!" He made a dramatic motion over his head as Riro keeled over and acted with Matt. Matt laughed and patted Riro on the head. "But seriously, yeah let's share the room. We can braid each others hair and tell our deepest darkest secrets. The girls can do whatever girls do when they're with eachother." 

He slung his bag over his shoulder and hugged the egg a bit more securely in his arms. "Honestly I want to hatch this thing. Prof. Elm told me it was a local pokemon of this region yet it hasn't hatched on the ferry. Bummer, but perhaps it'll hatch in the room tonight or something." He spoke to Orion as he followed. "Oh which reminds me. I need to look into filling out the papers for a Day-Care either today or tomorrow. See where I can actually set it up and if there's a sort of partnership I could get from a different region. Wouldn't that be cool?"

Riro stuck his tongue out as he followed Matt, keeping his flame at a reasonable level for not being in a pokeball. Riro was very modest with his actions, not wanting to draw any attention to himself. The only thing noticeable at a glance was his light blue scarf he seemed to always wear. Other then that, the pokemon himself wasn't anything to stand out from anything else.

Ry blushed at the compliment and her Rowlett showed her feathers off, outstretching her wings.. "Thank you. I usually just brush her every night." She said, refraining from any more details. She didn't like giving out her own secrets of keeping her pokemon beautiful. "And yours has that cute ruffle of its feathers. It fits, really." She offered a soft smile, "I can tell you I love the name. Very original." 

Ry was a very down to earth sort of person. She knows when she shouldn't say something, but compliments, whenever she gives them, are usually true and she actually believes it. She actually didn't mind talking with this person, she seemed to actually be stand-able. "Oh, we never got each other's names. My name's Ryan, but I prefer Ry." She gave a small bow as a greeting. A bit uncommon around this region.

imageproxy.jpg

Sadie

'What a nice place...' Sadie thought as she walked along the sand beach front in her flip flops. A small smile spread across her face as she kicked up some of the clear water. Her two Pokémon were doing the same, except they were splashing water at each other. Sadie let out a giggle before turning her foot to the side and using it to push a large splash of water to soak her Pokémon. The two ice types retaliated with two smaller splashes of their own. Sadie let out a quiet squeal before retreating put of the shallow water and onto the hot sand. Her two Pokémon followed her before the three of them all bursted out laughing. Aloha was so nice.

0ca8c448068e026fd9d234728959e36d_480.jpg

Alika

Alika continued his stroll around town, he started right across from the beachfront and made his way up through the shopping district. Walking by the clothes shop and barber. He didn't go in them, window shopping was fine to him. Alika even passed the mall, which he didn't go in either, he wasn't a big fan of crowds. Hiding in Alika's hood was little Dratini, poking his head out and looking around at his new surroundings.  After a little bit of walking the teen stood in front of the city hall, Alika remembered his mom mentioning that he should stop by and without a second thought he took a step through the automatic doors.

"Ah there you are Mr. Knight!" A voice called out to Alika, making him jump slightly. He wasn't expecting someone to call him out. Alika's eyes found who called him out, a cherry looking old man who was standing  behind the main counter. With no other choice Alika a proceed him. "Alola Alika, and good morning," the man said as he gave Alika a kind smile. "You know my name?" Alike asked, and the man let out a laugh, "your mom told me about you moving here, and here are these," he said while sliding two items across the counter. The first one was a small passport, Alike examined it first and noticed his picture in it. To sum it up quickly it was a picture of a very younger Alika, like elementary school Alika. "I see that you've grown up since that picture," the man chuckled before Alika put the passport into his pocket. He then turned his attention to the amulet, "and this?" Alika asked while holding it up. "You'll have to find that out yourself, you should ask kids around your age about it." He replied while motioning Alika to leave, not in a rude way of course. Alika then left being more confused about Alola. Alika continued to walk around while looking at the challenge amulet until he saw two girls talking. He didn't want to barge in and ruin there conversation, but not knowing what this stupid thing was started to get under his skin.

"Um... excuse me, but do you know what this is?" Alika asked awkwardly, holding the amulet. He then realized that he might of ruined something. "Er, sorry for barging in on your conversation," he continued quickly andbowing to the both of them, a  little habit that Alika carried over from Johto.

Interacting with @DrBezendrine and @commanderproton

(Sorry for barging in, but I need someone to interact with)

lUXYijc.png

Amelie smiled and gently shook her head at the boys' banter. They were always playing around like that, making a show out of themselves. The two boys plus Amelie were the 'louder' half of the group, as each of them had outgoing qualities. The girls, as much as she loved them, were so often quiet and reserved. Amelie felt particularly comfortable with Orion and Matt because she didn't need to coax them out of their shells. Matt, especially, Amelie respected. He was the only other person in the group that had an egg. The two of them spent many afternoons talking about their breeding techniques and dreams, wondering what their first eggs might hatch into. Amelie hoped to travel and gain experience, but eventually end back up at her family's ranch and continue their line of breeders and competition winners.

Despite their differences, there was something reassuring about how comfortable all the friends felt around each other. "Welllll, I suppoooose I'll room with Sadie, then!" Amelie stretched her words, only just considering her options as she spoke. She sauntered off towards a nearby door and dropped off her many bags in the room. She had possibly packed too much for this trip, but she always did that. "Speaking of Sadie, where is she?" Vivien, her Gardevoir, had followed her into her room and responded with a shoulder shrug and slight mew. Amelie poked her head her head out of her door, but only found the rest of her friends chatting in the hall, thick as thieves.

"I'm going to go explore a bit, if anyone's interested!" Amelie exclaimed to her friends, as she walked past them through the entrance. Outside the inn, the Sun graced her skin with a gentle warmth. Amelie closed her eyes to revel in it. She had only been on Melemele for a few moments, but the weather was divine. Suddenly, her throughts were interrupted by Vivien's soft coo. When Amelie opened her eyes, she found Vivien pointing to a nearby beach where Sadie seemed to be enjoying the sand. Amelie decided to join her and shouted towards Sadie, waving at her as she walked.

Interactions:  @Captain Spooks

8Pt7mFY.png

Enzo sheepishly smiled at Nobuo in greeting. "I'm kinda tired too, Paul woke me up like he usually does," he complained, motioning towards his Jango-o. Nobuo and Enzo had been friends since Enzo moved to Melemele with his dad, years ago. In fact, Nobuo was the first person to go out of his way to get to know the mild-mannered Enzo. They became fast friends as Nobuo took Enzo under his wing and showed him the ropes on the island. As an only child, Enzo looked up to Nobuo almost as a sort of older brother.  He'd always admired Nobuo's confidence and optimism, they were big reasons why he asked Nobuo to do their trials together.

"My cousin, Amelie, I told you about her, right? Anyway, she's supposed to be coming in on the ferry today." Enzo gestured towards the road leading towards Hau'oli City. You could see the buildings from a distance, they were the tallest on the island. "I should see her before we start on our trials. You don't have to come of you don't want to, but it could be a chance to stock up before we go." He started walking along the path, Jango-o clanging beside him. "I think she has some of her trainer friends with her. Maybe they'll have some tips for us."

Interactions & Next: @Ursarion

120j7t3.jpg

Kaminari listened as everyone began planning who they would be rooming with, and found herself without a rooming partner. Sighing, she turned away from the group and looked down at Yomi, a sad smile on her lips. "Looks like it's just me and you." Her voice was quiet, almost a whisper. Yomi blinked up at her, quiet as always. Grabbing her room key, Kaminari slid it into the pocket of her shorts and left her room, shutting the door behind her quietly, making sure to lock it. Stepping out of the AC and back into the heat of the island sun, Kaminari winced, pulling her hat down harder onto her head, making sure it kept her face in shade.

Yomi followed behind, looking at everything curiously, poking a few plants here and there. Seeing Amelie making her way towards Sadie on the beach, Kaminari decided to push out of her comfort zone and join them without an invitation. Despite being friends with them for so long, she still felt like she was intruding somehow. Making her way up to the two girls, Kaminari put her hands to her hips and sighed, looking at the ocean waves through her sunglasses.

"Do you guys mind if I join you?" She asked, turning her attention to her two friends, a hesitant, nervous smile on her face.

Interactions with: @avira & @Captain Spooks

2rw29ae.jpg

Nobuo smiled at the Jangmo-o, glad this his Meowth was the type to sleep in, rather than wake him up early. He didn't like being woken up, and it usually ended with him being grumpy, so it was best for everyone if he slept in. "I'll tag along. Maybe she has some cute friends." He grinned, putting his hands behind his head, following along next to Enzo. It wasn't every day that Nobuo got to meet new girls. Tourists were one thing, but he never had a way to actually interact with them without looking desperate. Since Enzo's cousin was among the group they would be meeting, Nobuo had a right to be there, to be speaking with everyone.

Bastet made a sound as Nobuo pressed his hand gently to her head, patting her softly. Closing her eyes in satisfaction, the Meowth allowed Nobuo to pat her for a while, until she almost fell off his shoulder. After that, she became grumpy and refused to let his hand anywhere near her. She was often moody like this, but it wasn't unusual for Meowths' to be this way. 

"Ooh~ Look!~ Are those your cousin's friends?" Nobuo called out, voice rising with excitement, as they approached the beach near the small town inn. Three girls were standing on the sand, all of them with a Pokemon out. One of them looked particularly bothered, arms crossed, a large hat on, sunglasses, and wearing a frown. She had a Gengar with her, who seemed to be busy poking a piece of seaweed that had washed up onto the shore.

The other two girls were cute as well, but looked much happier, in Nobuo's opinion. 

"They're all so cute!" He whispered, grinning at Enzo. 

Interactions with: @avira

Next poster: @commanderproton

Orion snickered at Matt's jokes.  "You'd make an awesome daycare breeder," he said, digging out a pair of board shorts from his bag and swapping his cargo shorts for the swimwear.  He needn't worry about offending Matt's sensitivities, as he'd already swapped his undies for a Sharpeedo swim brief.  He gathered up some beach things in a tote bag, and headed outside.  He took a deep breath and released the guyzos from their balls.  "Al right, kids, play time!" 

Opal and Gossamer frisked about, happy with the tropical sunshine, while Lapis looked eagerly towards the sea.  Atlas would have looked stoic to anyone else, but Orion could read the guardian ghost's moods well, and could tell he was happy, too.  Orion led the procession down to the beach, where the girls were playing.  "Ladies, may we join you?"

Li smiled, pleased with the compliment.  "Yeah, he's a good little nerd," she chuckled, giving Robin Hoot a good scritch.  "My name's Li

Li Kawena.  It's nice to meet you."

When the boy approached and greeted them with a bow, she felt her cheeks warm.  "Oh, um, it," she stammered.  Then she cleared her throat.  "It's a trial amulet.  It signifies that you are on your island trial, each of the four segments indicating the passing of an individual island's trial." Realizing she sounded like a talking encyclopedia, she blushed harder and dropped her eyes from the cute boy.

Matt shortly followed Orion outside with his trunks on and his carrier bag. He still had the egg in his arms as he picked a nice and open spot in the sand to lay a gigantic blanket down for the entire group to sit down. "Alright, time for you all to come out." He tossed three balls out ahead of him which all clicked open simultaneously. There, Grace, Aikmai and Ohm stood, already taking in the sunlight. "It must be cramped in those things so I'm sorry, but hey! I brought you all to a beach." Matt laughed with all of his pokemon on a regular basis as Aikmai walked up to him and bear hugged him as a joke. When a gigantic Nidoqueen does this, it is not a wrong thing to do if you try to get out of it. Matt got away and fell  on the ground, looking up at Aikmai with a playful smirk. Riro and Ohm where starting on a sandcastle and Grace was protecting the egg.

Grace had always protected Matt's eggs and smaller pokemon because she feels it's her job, without Matt even telling her to do it. She had that natural instinct and it came in handy when Matt decided to goof around. Grace did have fun with it so it wasn't like she was bored or anything. But either way, she was now building a little sand chair for the egg, getting direct sunlight. And every once in a while, she would put an umbrella over it so it wouldn't get too hot. She knew what she was doing, as Matt had taught her how to.

"So, who wants to join me later when I go get the papers for the Day-Care? 'Cause I really need to not forget about that and I'd rather do it today." Matt spoke with Aikmai standing besides him. Aikmai towered over everyone else, directly behind Matt. It really put in perspective of how big a single Nidoqueen was. "She'll be my bodyguard when someone tries to steal all my secrets of breeding." He smiled as he awaited a reply.

Ry looked the boy up and down and gave him a small smile. "No need to apologize for barging in. We were only casually talking, as we just met. And I can tell you come from Johto as well." Ry wasn't afraid to talk to anyone, in fact as much as she liked being away from public places, she still enjoyed talking with people. She gave a short bow back, kind of a more casual one then he gave. "I'm Ryan Hendrix, most people call me Ry, and this is Crystal." Crystal outstretched her wings to show off her feathers, all shiny and straight. Ry held a finger up at her and she folded her wings back, looking at the ground. "She's a bit bashful, don't mind her. Anyways, are you starting your trials today as well?"

If there was one thing Ry hated about the island, it was this stupid trial thing. She knew she was going to fail it because she doesn't know how to battle all that good and her Rowlett isn't good at battling either. She didn't like the idea of it and that showed on her face easily with a sort of frown. Like she wasn't looking forward to it.

@commanderproton 

Next: @Captain Spooks

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.611a71da5048a90083f3a5e87852d0ee.jpg

Sadie

It didn't take long for the others to find Sadie, first Amelie and Kaminari  joined. Kaminari asked if she could join them and Sadie nodded a little, "please do," she said with a soft smile. Next Orion and Matt followed, with Orion wearing some... questionable attire. Maybe a little too revealing in her opinion.

"I was only splashing in the water," she told them before sitting down on a dry patch of the beach. Her eyes looking back out at the beautiful beach, the though of putting on some swimwear crossed her mind which she quickly shot those ideas down. Sadie had always been shy about revealing herself to the world.

tumblr_nc5gf1SORC1sixwggo1_1280.jpg

Alika

Alika's eyes drifted up when she mentioned Johto. He was going to ask if she was from there too, but before he could reply the girl introduced herself as Ryan Hendrix, she even introduced her Rowlett. Once as she was done Alika looked down at the Amulet, "ah, so it's kind of like the gym league," he mumbled before turning his attention back to the girls. "Oh, um I'm Alika, Alika Knight," he introduced himself, and on cue Dratini slither into Alika's shoulder, "and this is Dratini," he said, introducing the small dragon Pokémon. 

Alika's eyes slid over to the other girl, who had given him a more detail explanation of the challenge amulet. Her eyes were cast to the ground and her face was red... was she perhaps emmberased for some reason... or. As soon as the through crossed his mind Alika himself panic on the inside, usually he would expect a girl to act like that to him, or maybe he was just over reacting. "Well thank you for the information," Alika said before looking over in the direction of his new home. "Maybe we will uh, see each other again," he died awkwardly before walking back twords his apartment. While he looked rather calm on the outside, he was panicking and freaking out on the inside (insert internal screaming here).

Next

lUXYijc.png

Amelie grinned. It seemed all her friends had decided to join her and Sadie on the beach. Deciding that her Pokemon might like a small stretch, Amelie released them all from their balls. She even made a small nest for her egg with a blanket, nestled in the warm sand. As everyone splashed around, she sat next to her egg  and took out her phone for a few pictures. The gentle waves made for a soothing sight. Amelie loved to capture moments like this with quick snapshots on her phone. These were the parts of the trip she wanted to remember, the parts where everyone was happy and having fun. Even her Vulpix, Guinevere, who was normally adverse to water, pawed a bit at the waves.

As Amelie adjusted her position to give herself a more flattering angle, she heard Matt speak. "Of course I'll go with you, Matt!" The shutter sound of her phone continued to go off as she took selfie after selfie. Fleurette, her Petilil, jumped into her lap. She was as much a diva as her owner and loved having her picture taken. "I was wondering what the process would be like here in Alola anyway."  Her words trailed, only half focused on replying to Matt. Who knew when she would get another photo op like this? The light was really hitting her skin just right, and it made Fleurette's petals a beautiful shade.

Satisfied, she put her phone back into her pocket. She'd have to post those online later, after a bit of editing. "When do you wa-" Her question was interrupted by a young male voice shouting her name from the street.

"Amelie! Amelie!"

Interactions: @DrBezendrine  

8Pt7mFY.png

"I think you might be right." Enzo nodded in agreement with Nobuo while taking a moment to assess the girls. On an island as small as Melemele, you usually knew everyone. Those girls on the beach, Enzo had never seen on the island before. As he squinted and got closer, Enzo recognized the trademark robin blue dress of Amelie. It had to be her! He jogged up to the edge of the beach from down the street, Paul clattered and clanged behind him in an effort to keep up. "Amelie! Amelie!"

"Enzo!" she shouted excitedly. Amelie jumped up from her spot in the sand and hugged the boy with vigor. It had been years since they'd last seen each other. After a few moments, she released him from her grip and spent a moment to try and fix his fussed hair. "You've really grown, huh?"

"Yeah," came his abashed reply, digging at the sand with this shoes. "Sorry, I meant to come greet you when your ferry arrived but I stopped to get my friend first. Amelie, this is Nobuo." Enzo gestured to his friend as he introduced him. "We're starting our island trials today!" Midsentence, Paul shook his scales, reminding Enzo that he forgot to make one more introduction. "Oh, right, sorry." He scratched the back of his head. "And this is Paul, my Jango-o." Paul waddled up to the girl and clapped a few of his scales in greeting. She gently stroked his scales and he mewed in return.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Nobuo." She bowed to him. "These are my friends!" Amelie waved her hand at her gellows gathered on the beach. By now, most of them had noticed the new boy and were watching the exchange. "This one is Kaminari. Next to her is Sadie. And those are boys, Matt and Orion." She pointed at each person as she said their name. "Guys, this is my cousin, Enzo!"

Interactions: @commanderproton @DrBezendrine @Captain Spooks Next: @Ursarion  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back