• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic THE ALLIANCE: Empowering VILE (Closing Soon!)

demdo_demi

Back for more!
THE ALLIANCE:
Empowering VILE

July 4th, 2155
Tokyo, Japan

The sky slowly transitioned from a bright, peachy sunset to dark yet peaceful starry night.

Ever since Japan lifted its capitol 850 ft into the air [The ground being leveled with the tip of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai], more and more tourists have visited the floating landmark for its glorious view of the sea and land standing below it. During both day and night, if you were to walk to the edge of the city; you would be greeted by a beautiful view of a sea of clouds surrounding the flying city. Sometimes, when it is partly cloudy, you could see the shiny blue ocean, along with the rest of Japan.

As the sky changed to night; signs, buildings, and traffic lights began to glow in the night. In the middle of a popular street, a new form of light emerged in the center of the street. The light slowly sparked blue ashes onto the ground as grew at a slow rate. As it grew bigger, the sparks became bigger, even causing small flames on the concrete below. By now, all tourists and locals had backed up from the blue form and began recording or taking photos. Whispers flew through the swarming crowd, like “What is that thing?” or “What’s going on here?”

By the time the blue form became as big as a soccer ball, a dark circle appeared on one side of the blue form. As many people motioned the others to come to the side with the black dot, the crowd turned more into a one-sided audience rather a swarming circle of people. As the blue form grew, the dark circle grew too; through the dark circle seemed to form details of a room, or a wall. A local yelled out “Kon’nichiwa (Hello)!?” in hopes someone might answer. This action resulted in their best friend shaking their head in embarrassment.

In the distant of the black circle~or, portal now [The blue form had grown big enough to where a person could fit through], a pair of dark doors could be seen opening. One~no, two~three: more and more people seemed to walk towards the opening. The same local who yelled out decided to wave awkwardly at the approaching individuals. As the figures walked, they all bared the resemblance of…teenagers? All of them were in their teenage years, the youngest looking at least 10 and the oldest 15.

(Blame Google Translate for the awful translation. The English is what I put in and the Japanese is what I got, but if you put the Japanese back in Google Translate, then it’s entirety different.)

“Karera no me (Their eyes)…” One of the locals mumbled. Their eyes, indeed. Every one of their pupils shined of a dark maroon color. The small group of millennials halted before the raised step that was the portal opening, leaving only a few feet in-between them and the civilians. A new teen walked out from behind the portal opening, his left eye seemed to be pierced with blood and a long scar. Along came…a skeleton…no, a skeleton..teen. The two stood in front of their fellow teenagers. The skeleton walked out of the portal, sending a spine-chilling feeling to the crowd as he silently approached the closest civilian.

“Anatahadare (Who are you)..?” The closest man asked. The skeleton stopped a foot before the man. For a moment, he remained silent. The scene was dead silent as people recording the skeleton’s entrance.

“I don’t speak…whatever..that was, dumbass.” The skeleton replied, followed by a fierce jab to the face. The punch was powerful; projecting the man into the crowd and collapsing on about five people. The skeleton yelled, his screech nearly piercing the eardrums of the humans around him. Upon his scream, the teenagers behind him ran out and began brutally punching and kicking civilians, showing no mercy. Some began to fly and lift fearful civilians, only to drop them or throw them at buildings. The portal would suddenly screech. nearly mimicking the skeleton. A warm purr would follow afterwards.

The two screeches marked the fall of Tokyo. More and more teenagers, or Empowered, would run out of the portal, causing trouble to spread like a wildfire across Tokyo. Only moments ago, the only sounds emerging from the streets of Tokyo were laughter, talking, and advertising billboard commercials. The new sounds were of explosions, screams, and the burning of buildings. The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Force would send as many troops as it could, including SWAT soldiers, but none of them could even touch a single mutant. The Police Department’s demise only brought more terror to the city as mutants began to pick up the heavy machinery the dead soldiers dropped beside their bodies.

The scarred mutant from before stood on the edge of the city, looking down at the clouds and the rest of Japan. The skeleton walked up to him and stood beside him. “Once we’re done with this trashy place, why don’t we take out the rest of Japan?” The skeleton asked, noticing the scarred mutant looking at the clouds.

“No.” The scarred mutant grunted.

“N~No..? Why not!? It’s right there, and we haven’t lost a single member yet! If we wanted too, we could rule the world and rid it of those devolved humans by the end of the week!” The skeleton protested, taking a step back from the scarred one.

“…” The scarred mutant would sigh. Suddenly, he turned around and grabbed the skeleton by the neck, holstering him down onto a knee. “No, Chris!” He snarled. “We’re not wiping out the entire human race yet! Wanna know why!? Because if we did, then we would have to create a new world order as children! I’d rather spend my entire life as a child removing the human race slowly, and THEN create a new order for mutants as ADULTS! I don’t want to do all of that government work! You don’t want to do all of that government work! We would all slack off and then just die! Is that what you want!?” The scarred mutant yelled into Chris's, the skeleton, face.

“No...no!” Chris would reply back, his "don’t-give-a-shit” attitude quickly changing to one of what the Empowered would call a “sissy” in ranks. What can I say, their still kids after all.

“Good…” The scarred mutant pushed Chris back and looked back over at the clouds. “I…I see a world, meant..for us..y’know? We’re the evolved…” He would monologue, looking down at the landscape below. All of the nearby cities would see a fiery beacon of defeat in the air. “…and they’re not.” 30 minutes would pass, and nearly half the population was brutally killed.
An hour; the majority.
Two hours; the entirety. The burning defeat of Tokyo was a message to the whole world;

We’ve lost.

. . .

The year is 2155.

While most technology and equipment has been upgraded to its maximum ability, building architecture and the environment has remained somewhat similar to the previous century, with the exception of floating railways and the extinction of giraffes, pandas, and snow leopards.

For the past 45 years, various members of NATO have funded [and improved over the years] a Special Divisions Unit simply titled “The Alliance”; a large, diverse group of assigned agents, risky mercenaries, willing soldiers, and basically anyone willing to defend their countries all across the world. The original cause which led to the creation of the Alliance? North Korean bombings on American soil, killing thousands. With the hopes of preventing a World War III, NATO formed a small group of spies and assassins to secretly remove of the North Korean military generals. When the spies and assassins were exposed, the USSR sent in a group of elite soldiers to draw out the Korean soldiers while the UK sent in Panavia Tornardos to distract the Korean forces to dogfight while the US spies and Russian soldiers would break into the North Korean Headquarters and end the lives of the North Korean generals once and for all.

While that didn’t exactly stop the Koreans [A war only ending a few years ago prior to 2155], it did start something; The Alliance. 45 years later, The Alliance has easily become a household name and are, supposedly, “The Defenders on Earth” [On, because…well, no aliens to fight]. Unfortunately, their title won’t mean much soon.

2140, 15 years prior; newborns have been developing superhuman powers. This seemed very minor in terms of threats and many saw it as an opportunity;
“The Beginning of an Age of Superheroes”, some called it. Though 10 years later, this new ‘age’ escalated. By 2150, the children, groups varying from 40 to 80, would attack their own families and cause havoc in their neighborhoods. A day would past, and an entire neighborhood would be gone.

This definitely wasn’t the beginning of heroes, but more so a prologue of pure villainy.

. . .

August 1st, 2155
Miami, Florida

Standing before you was The Alliance Headquarters; it didn’t seem like much now since you were on the fancier manor side of the building, but the back [and underground] half were filled to the brim with training centers, laboratories, and meeting rooms. The backside of the HQ sat beside the coast of Miami and connected to a large open bay, full of aircrafts of all sizes. Coming around to the right of the building, you would see the connection between the bay and a large garden with beautiful plants and large walkways.

But enough about the “cooler” side of the HQ; it was time you joined the Initiation party. You, like the many people arriving, were either assigned to become a member by your boss or decided defending the many countries of the world was the right thing to do, especially after the Tokyo Incident. While researching the Initiation Party, you found out that you are not required to bring your own fancy clothing since there are many being provided.

ACTUALLY standing before you was a small set of stairs to the entrance of HQ. The door was open and a man in a nice jet black suit would be waiting beside the open doorway with a clipboard and pen.

[You can skip checking in with the clipboard man if you like. Whatever suits you.]
^
I

Entering the main stage room, you were greeted by a fine scent of mint, fancy chandeliers, at least three different food bars across the enormous room, and a large stage in the back of the room. There were no chairs facing the stage; in fact all of the chairs were seated in front of circular tables, though you could clearly tell the room could be set up that way if needed to. There had to be at least fifty to sixty fancy dressed men and women all standing or sitting in the room, whether enjoying the fruit punch or chatting with people they knew and/or new friends.

The place sure seemed nice. I mean, sure, you probably didn’t know a single person there, but the place had this weird vibe that just “told” you to interact with others. Perhaps it was the strongly scented mint…

Anyhow, you’d best not stand like a deer in headlights at the front door. Go talk to people.
[Sorry if this sounded a bit like a 1x1 Roleplay; my original attempt was a 1x1 and I often times forget to change from the type of narration style.]

. . .

Rules : : :

1 ) - This Roleplay is very story related, so I expect Casual/Detailed writing skills. I, myself, being a Simple/Casual Roleplayer, will perfectly understand if you write a one to two-liner ONLY if there isn’t much to say, but if there is clearly a lot going on, I humbly expect you to write at least a paragraph.

2 ) - Fowl language and sexual references are allowed, although I’d prefer no outbreaks of pure cussing and no actual sexual action. As well, do not attempt to harass or insult other Roleplayers OUTSIDE of Roleplay context.

3 ) - You’re only human. The only way I can see one of you actually beating up an Empowered is if they’re alone and do not have projectile/strength related abilities. They’re children; they play rough. You’re only devolved skin bags to them who must be exterminated. There is no stopping or quick breaks. You’re just another victim. Though them being kids, they may attempt one liners. [Basically, no godmodding against the power hungry demon children. I mean, don’t die of course, but don’t over do your badass moment]

4 ) - No killing off other Roleplayers without their permission. I know you aren’t exactly fighting the other Roleplayers, though in the events in which you do, please wait for permission. As well, no Powerplaying; keep your writing to your own character. [Speaking of characters, 3 is your limit.]

5 ) - You are allowed to create NPC companions throughout the story. You do not need to make a CS for a NPC, though just make sure they have a name, a purpose, and some kind of impact story-wise [Unless their purpose is only for your own character development] That being said, I won’t be so harsh on this rule. [You are allowed as many NPCs as you want, although they are both more prone to death and are not allowed to be Alliance members. Although, if they’re Alliance members who die on the first mission, be my guest. Though don’t make them set up something, only to die. Also, again, if they’re Alliance members, do not keep postponing their deaths as an excuse to have 4 actual characters.]

6 ) - Anyways, I don’t tend to be harsh on any rules as long as you aren’t annihilating the rule to the seventh dimension and destroying it entirety or trying to take control of the Roleplay situation in its entirety and turning it into your own thing.

Character Sheets:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-alliance-empowering-vile-cs.353727/

OoC Chat:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-alliance-ooc-thread.353728/

Last edited:
Vincent George Westerland regarded the organised fanfare with little care. He sat, a glass of water in front of him, at the far end of the room, one of his many assistants sitting nearby. Vincent's eyes wandered over the many young faces before him, the greatest collection of some of the most intelligent and dangerous agents in the world.

He found himself only mildly disappointed. The array of smirking faces and some already lost in the drink disgusted him. He glowered at another would-be reporter, wheedling him on the happenings of the 2nd Korean War all the while another admirer congratulated him on his victories, currying favour as the sheep do. Many of his men were sitting at the table, cousins, brothers, and others all working for the Westerland name, and the Casterley Corp. Their petty Board politics and personal grudges mattered little to him, but family was family, and that went without saying, he was the head of his.

"If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I have a call to take", he uttered, dismissing the while his staff and the other two. Taking the phone out, he answered calmly enough, the thoughts of the Tokyo communications blackout fresh on his mind.

Claude Darcy waltzed into the large Alliance-filled room. Holding a vodka tonic in one hand, the other nagging at his suit shoulder. Although most thought of him as dapper, he had grown accustomed to his usual loose jumpsuit, making his tailored suits quite restricting. Giving up, he took a sip of his drink as he surveyed the room. It seemed to filled will all walks of life, from many different places around the world at that. He began to feel eyes on him, more than likely fans who were in the service like himself, which were his least favorite kind of fans. They were often drunk, or worse fanboying over him, which was an akward feeling for Darcy. Just as he finished the thought, a light shoulder tap was present.

"Hello Mr Claude...!" A timid looking man was the source of the tap. He was bald, stout, and puffy-faced. Darcy smiled, extending his hand to shake the other man's who turned bright red. "It's such ann honnor... Sssir..." The nerves were getting the better of this man, which amused him. "It's quite alright comrade," Darcy said in his well-practiced French accent, as he tapped the man's shoulder, sending him into an akward laughing frenzy. "Cccould you sign my nappkin Mr. Cclaude..? My son is quite a fan!" Taking the man's drink napkin, Darcy pulled a sleek titanium pen from his breast pocket, "And what is your little boy's name?" "Samuel!" The man said excitedly as he began to sign the napkin, the story the man was saying flying in one ear and out the other. Once complete, he handed the napkin back to the man and gave him a friendly nod. "Tell Samuel I said bonjoúr!" Darcy gave the man a wave as he turned and walked away, taking a long sip of his drink once his back was turned.

Tatsumaki Katsu
65e46176c47bff579f87595892a670e2--black-suit-black-shirt-black-suits.jpg
Tatsu entered the Initiation Party with his black vest and a white shirt. He was holding a cup of fruit punch. Tatsu quickly drank it all, while scanning the area, looking for someone to interact with. Tatsu didn't want to be a loner. He had to at least have a partner or someone he knew.

A man catched his eye. It seemed the man was pretty famous since people were crowding around him. While waiting, he ordered for a glass of water. He looked up and noticed that everyone around him was gone.

Now's my chance. thought Tatsu, walking over to him. Tatsu patted his back lightly to get the man's attention. "Hello?"

ReverseTex ReverseTex

(my bad if there's any mistakes, I did this on my phone, :p)

Last edited:
The bombardment of people was one reason he hated these types of events. But, it was what he wanted after all. He never treated a fan bad, one reason he had so many of them. But a break was needed.

Darcy had evaded the large group of people luckily, but he knew they'd be coming again. Taking a sip of what was now straight vodka, his eyes scanned the room. But just as he was about to plan a escape, another man had came up to him. He was asian, and appeared to be normal. "Follow my lead," he said as he wrapped a big arm around the man's shoulder. Turning his head around to the ever closing crowd he spoke. "Sorry guys im done for today! A old friend of mine just arrived and i'd love some personal time. Wait outside the building and i'll stop by!" The group respected his descion, and began to split apart.

"Sorry," Darcy said as he let go of the Asian and extended his hand. "Claude Darcy, but please call me Darcy." Once the two shook hands, he spoke in his French accent. "These events always attract an odd sort of fans. Not my favorite, but still I have to do what's right. So, who are you?" Taking a sip of his drink, he looked down at the new acquaintance.
thatawesomedude thatawesomedude

Tatsumaki Katsu​
He was quite surprised when the man randomly acted as if they were already friends. Tatsu nodded, listening to him speak.

"Pleasure to meet you, Darcy. I'm new, the name's Tatsumaki, though I go by Tatsu or Katsu." he smiled. "What are you good at? I suppose it's attracting people, huh?" he joked. "I'm pretty good at ranged combat,"

Darcy must be new. Perhaps we can be partners if we get along pretty well!

ReverseTex ReverseTex

"Intresting name misoúr. Katsu it's easier though for me." Darcy smiled as he took a sip of his drink, almost choking on it as he heard Katsu's words. He hasn't heard of him! Clearing his throat, starting to get tired of the act. "Suppose I am! I'm a fighter pilot, the best the French got too! Viva la France!" Taking another drink, his eyes left contact with Katsu's momentarily searching for a clock. Which there was none.

"Ranged combat isn't my strong suit, unless i'm in my plane of course. I'm a close quarters man." Running his empty hand through his hair, the Russian side of him wanting to rudely leave the banquet with his vodka. Damn vodka always did that to him. Darcy needed to rid of the drink, but if he finished it off now, he'd look like a achoholic.

Tatsumaki Katsu
"Ah, close ranged combat isn't my thing." he smiled. "Well, I'm going to go meet other people. We'll see each other around, yes? I'm going to meet other people. Pleasure meeting you." he said, as he was walking away.

Tatsu scanned the area for an empty table where he could sit at and chill. He ordered for a fruit punch and was just waiting for anything to happen. Perhaps someone would go to his table?

[ Open for Interaction ]

ReverseTex ReverseTex

Benson would walk through the front door, immediately blending into the crowd as another suited individual. Feeling the need to sit down, Benson grabbed a glass of fruit punch from a passing by serving plate, giving off vague signs to anyone friendly enough to approach him that he was planning on taking a seat.

"Hey~Malcolm..isn't it?" A man asked, the mentioning of his last name attracting Ben. He'd turn to see someone he didn't recognize at all. "You're the guy whose wife died at Tokyo, right?" Benson wouldn't reply as he looked above the man's head, continuing his search for a seat. The silent action came off remorse to the man and he immediately followed up to his question. "Oh! Sorry, sorry, my apologies~That one is on me." He'd laugh.

"How did you know my wife died..?" Benson mumbled, showing no signs of eye contact as he continued a visual search for a table. He saw no empty tables, but one of them seemed to only have one person occupying it. 'Perhaps that was the table for the extras.' He thought. Every party Benson's been too, he's always seen the Extra-Table.

"Ah, well I saw it in the newspaper! They had taken up the entire magazine for all of the countless pictures of victims of the...um, tragedy. I noticed your picture next to one of a woman~" 'Stop it.' "~She was quite beautiful. You sure were a lucky man." 'Goddamnit, stop talking.' "I just seemed to notice how you and her seemed to the only, well, Americans, on there." He'd chuckle. "I mean, of course you aren't dead!" 'So you're obnoxious AND a Racist?' "Well, the first Americans I saw on the list. It's a shame so much people had to die. I heard Tokyo had been getting cleaner. Anyway...I was wondering..." 'If this has anything to do with my wife...' "...Why was your wife in Tokyo anyway? Vacation? Surprise?" 'It's REALLY about time you shut up...' "Or...was it something more...personal?" At times like these, it was always better to remember that Benson was more so an independent person who kept his thoughts in his head.

"~Perhaps you will tell me another time!" He'd laugh, patting Benson on the shoulder and walking off. He'd nod and fake a chuckle at the man. Benson turned to look at the man as he left. "Jackass..." Benson whispered under his breath. He'd turn back to walk over to the Extra-Table. He hated people like that. It's rude to just walk up to someone and keep bursting questions into their face. It's even worse when the person doesn't answer and the obnoxious one asks them another question.

"These seats reserved?" Benson would ask to the man sitting alone. He'd almost forgotten he was holding a drink in his hand so he decided to take a sip. "I've got nowhere else to sit..."

Tatsumaki Katsu​

Tatsu was thinking of the Alliance. What it'd be like. What would happen? Would he have partners? He had many questions. He hadn't even realized that somebody was walking over to him until they said something.

"Hm?... oh, you can sit here of course. No seats are reserved, feel free to sit." he was pretty happy that someone decided to sit with him. "So, what's your name?" he asked, smiling. Perhaps they could be friends. He wanted to meet new people.

demdo_demi demdo_demi

"Oh, you'd be surprised." Benson would reply in response to no seats being reserved. "There's some pret-ty weird people out there."

"It's Benson. You?"
He replied, feeling a bit more friendlier to this person. Maybe it was because he didn't seem to show any signs of asking too many questions~yet. Or maybe it was because the "Extra-Table" was never the talkative place so he wouldn't have to come up with an entire conversation to think of. This conversation will last a minute, tops.

"I'm Tatsumaki, though I go by Tatsu or Katsu." he said smiling. "I'm just waiting for something to happen.." he added, quietly.
"Well, what are you good at? I'm good with ranged combat." he said.

Might as well learn about people while I can.
he thought. He felt as if something was going to happen... but what? Tatsu thought of all the possibilities. Maybe he was overthinking or something.

demdo_demi demdo_demi

Everyone had heard what happened to Tokyo, the largest city in Japan depopulated by a group of vicious brats. Vincent had been thrown into a rage when he heard about it, the extensive contracts and expensive business operations all wiped out along with the collapsing Japanese economy, things were already going bad in the rest of the world, especially with a country as linked to the world as the Land of the Rising Sun.

And now he was here, receiving calls from his Korean, Chinese, and Japanese business partners all but panicking about further attacks in Asia. He glanced at his glass of water, staring at it with an intensity as if to boil the water inside. And yet he heard another sycophant coming over, already being intercepted by his assistant. He'd not thought the name important enough, though he knew it, James, it was. His meticulous analysis of all those who worked directly for him wouldn't have allowed any detail to escape otherwise.

He frowned again at the laughing and general happiness of the atmosphere. It wasn't for him. Looking out to the balcony, he nodded to James, before swiftly, with more grace than those half his age, left the table. James followed at a distance stopping outside the door while Vincent stood outside to get some air.

(Open to interaction)

Benson would sip his drink, the glass covering his somewhat disappointed face. Questions. However, this guy didn't seem to be tackling the questions involved with Tokyo so he should be fine.

"Um, I...don't~really know yet. I'm aiming for close range, though I haven't decided yet." He'd chuckle. "Guess I'll have to wait 'till I'm actually fighting."

"So...how 'bout you?"
He'd sip his drink once again.

He needed a break. Darcy's eyes scanned the entirety of the room, scanning for a quieter place. The Asian man he had talked to was chatting it up with a American and a nearby table, but he wasn't feeling crazy small-talk. Spotting a waiter, he set his empty glass on the tray, trading it for a glass of water. Just as he took a sip, his eyes spotted an elder man making his escape.

Following the older man, he found himself passing a younger man, more than likely a assistant, and stepped outside. The older man was in uniform, his hair turing gray and receding. Leaning his elbows on the ledge, he carefully held his glass as he overlooked the city. "I got to thank you misoúr, i've been searching for a break for the last few minutes. I'll keep quiet"
Napoleone the Kiwi Napoleone the Kiwi

Glancing at the younger man, Vincent was initially dismissive. A Parisian accent and atypical flare for fashion quickly lumped the stranger in with merely another frog, regardless of his apparent skill, the French hadn't committed much during the Korean War. Vincent's opinion of them was, as such, remarkably aloof.

He allowed the silence to linger, to an almost awkward degree. Assessing the Frenchman, he recognised a glory hound when he saw one. "It is nothing, monsieur" He finally replied, in a clipped, if polite tone. He felt little need to elaborate further on the subject.
He offered a hand, out of politeness if anything else, "Vincent Westerland", the name carried weight, it was his after all.

ReverseTex ReverseTex

He didn't mind the silence, it was after all why he left the party. The city sounds soothed him. Taking a sip of his water, Darcy watched the city of Miami taking life, the ocean lapping against the sandy shore. But the British man spoke again.

Vincent Westerland? He'd heard that name tossed around in the hanger before, but it was apparent he was a big name. "Claude Darcy, I go by the latter." This man seemed to be his style, no nonsense and straight to the point. A style he wished he could be right now. "So Mr. Westerland, what brings you from Britain all the way to Miami?"

"I'm pretty good with ranged combat, though I can definitely do better." he shrugged. Tatsu said nothing else, ordering a cup of water.

"So... why are you here?" he asked. Tatsu didn't really want him to get really personal. Perhaps motivations like vengeance or something. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." he added.

demdo_demi demdo_demi

It was a simple enough question, Vincent supposed, though idle conversation never quite sat well with him. "The King and Minister of defence requested a detachment of observers attend any Alliance meetings, even one as...indulgent as this", the way he said 'indulgent' implied a far larger degree of depravity and wastefulness than the word had.

"That it happened to be me that was chosen and that it was in America is a poor coincidence." Though he'd sounded neutral enough, a touch of disdain for America could be heard.

Though they'd participated well enough in the Second Korean War, the initial failure to assassinate the cadre of generals had been one of the key causes to the outbreak. Though that government was long gone, Vincent felt a touch vindicated that it was British forces that had held the line, and British forces that had broken through first.

"And yourself Mister Darcy? My...friends in the French military say you are something of a celebrity?" The way he said 'celebrity' was slightly amused. Inwardly, Vincent had a far harsher word. 'Fake' would have been improper, but the Frenchmen before him had likely not seen much combat, not enough wars France had been involved in lately. His attachées higher up tended to gush about this 'Claude Darcy' far too much to his liking. Though if Tokyo was an indication, that was likely to change.
ReverseTex ReverseTex

Listening to the Brit tell his story was quite tiredsome. The venom behind some of his words lingering in the still Miami air. The distain the man had for America was apparent, which he didn't quite mind. America wasn't communist like his country of origin, but it had many flaws. "I am not to keen on them either Mr. Westerland," Darcy said simply before sipping his glass.

Almost yet again choking on his water at Vincent's next words, Darcy swallowed before speaking. "It is quite silly. France sadly recieved little action in the Korean War, but my exploits and story have oddly struck a cord with Parisians. And they've spread my name globally now." The last part almost made him smile, his name was and will be forever in history. But his exterior showed little emotion as he ran a hand through his beard. "I'm a meer fighter pilot, quick reflexes and a sharp mind. Though, I dabble in close quarters combat. Which is I imagine little to what you have done."

"Like a mind reader, sure you're on the right side here?" Benson would chuckle, realizing that probably hadn't been fruit punch he took. That, or he was just being soft.

"I'm here to fight for my country.." He'd answer, remaining as vague as possible. After a few seconds of silence, Ben'd laugh and take another sip of his 'not-fruit-punch'. Clearing this throat, he got around to answering the question. "I just want those red eyed bastards dead, to be honest. We were fine without them, y'know?"

"Yeah..." Tatsu nodded. Memories came rushing to him. There were a few awkward seconds of silence. He sighed, everything was gone and demolished all because of those dirty bastards.

He took a sip of his drink before speaking again. "What the hell's their problem, anyway? Appeared out of no where and decided to kill half of the population for no reason." said Tatsu, mostly to himself, but it seemed like he was talking to Benson. The conversation was already over it seemed.

Tatsu took a deep breath before taking a sip of his drink again.

demdo_demi demdo_demi

Vincent spared a thoughtful look at the Frenchman, "Fighter pilots have their place on the battlefield, or rather off them", he paused to send a glance James' way, the assistant dutifully left to procure him a glass of cognac. He knew his employer's tastes. "However, as you say, missiles and guided rockets can only assist in seizing land. It cannot hold it." His memories of the Second Korean War offered a stark reminder of over confidence in the utility of weapons and underestimating the abilities of simple people.

Vincent turned to the view of the sea, hands on the railing. "I can't imagine pilots will be around for very long. It is 2155, artificial intelligence is swiftly developing. Hopefully you can stay competitive, monsieur." He ended in fluent French. He was moderately aware of Casterly Corp's subsidiaries being on the brink of developing a high-functioning AI, though he cared little for the military applications till it was viable and complete.

ReverseTex ReverseTex

Listening to this man's words struck a chord in Darcy. He took pride in his work, and this snobby brit was denouncing him. Squeezing his glass of water, but not enough to shatter it, he could hear the blood pumping in his ears...

"You'll never be anything Claude, just like you father! Бесполезно ребенка!" Darcy's mother's words echoed in his head, as the driving stake hit home from the man. Misoúr. That was the tipping point.

Dropping his glass off of the balcony with no second glance, he turned towards the older man, the glass shattering soon after. Grabbing the man by his suit collar, he pushed him up against the building wall. Cutting the act, Darcy spoke in his native tounge as his chestnut eyes stared coldly at Vincent. "You've got quite a way with words don't you comrade? I take great pride in my work like yourself, and nobody will denounce it. Now I imagine you'll remember our little conversation comrade? You'll most likely blackmail me with it, which is quite alright, but you need to get this in your head. I built my success just like you, and i'm not going to let some man like you denounce what i've done. Now, До свидания хороший сэр." Darcy released the man, tapping his cheek as he did so. Leaving the man to his thoughts outside, as he entered the building again he ran a hand through his hair, and disappeared into the crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back