• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Alienist

Kassandra Rose

Elder Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
IMG_3672.JPG

What is an Alienist?

The term "alienist" might sound like it would apply to someone who studies the extraterrestrial, but in the 19th century, it was the preferred term to describe those who worked in psychology and/or treating those deemed insane.

In particular to the novel and Netflix TV series, it refers to this guy:

IMG_3673.GIF

Dr Laszlo Kreizler

What is 'The Alienist'?

The novel is a psychological thriller set amidst the vast wealth, extreme poverty and technological innovation of 1896 New York. A never-before-seen ritualistic killer is responsible for the gruesome murders of boy prostitutes, and newly appointed police commissioner Theodore Roosevelt calls upon criminal psychologist Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, newspaper illustrator John Moore and police department secretary Sara Howard to conduct the investigation in secret. The brilliant, obsessive Kreizler is known as an alienist -- one who studies mental pathologies and the deviant behaviors of those who are alienated from themselves and society. His job, along with his controversial views, makes him a social pariah in some circles. But helped by a band of outsiders, Kreizler's tireless efforts eventually answer the question behind what makes a man into a murderer.

What am I looking to do?

The team, including our characters (canon or oc) must assemble once more when it appears that there is yet another serial killer on the run.

(Original, I know).

IMG_3607.jpg

Who am I looking for, if Canon is included?

John Moore

IMG_3674.JPG

OR

Marcus Isaacson

IMG_3675.JPG

I can double and reciprocate.

What do I want from my writing partner?

Post at least three times a week.

Be rather literate. Be able to write two paragraphs per post. (I accept quality over quantity)

Know your limits. If you don't think you can do a Canon justice, don't do it. Tell me. We'll consider our other options.

Be friendly. I loooooove an OOC chat. There is nothing I hate more than walking on eggshells around my partner.​

Attachments

• IMG_3672.JPG
    IMG_3672.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3673.GIF
    IMG_3673.GIF
    2 MB · Views: 0
The concept sounds super cool but I wouldn't be able to do canon. If you wanna pm me to talk about the rp, I'm down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back