• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Age of Revelation (TAR)

zebedeebones

This is an RP I have been putting a lot of effort into for some time, even going into making the mechanics of the universe and how everything works. As a summary of what I will write below, this is a futuristic setting on Earth (The late 2700's) with the existence of the supernatural, extra-terrestrial and inter-dimensional beings. Of which all of them can be explained through scientific methods, if researchers are given enough time to study.

I will now provide an elaborate explanation:

For example the existence of psychic people has now been thoroughly investigated and broken down to a number of individuals who can manipulate the electromagnetic forces for a variety of different effects.

One example of what these psychic people and aliens can do is warping magnetism to such a degree that it creates a gravitational pull strong enough to kinetically lift non-magnetic substances such as stone, much like the natural pull of the Earth's core keeping the planet together. This is how ''telekinesis'' is achieved.
Another example being using ones' own control over electricity to manipulate the nerve impulses in a lifeforms brain to simulate sound or even demonstrate outright control over them. Thus ''telepathy'' is achieved. (Getting the picture?)

-SUPERNATURAL BEINGS - AN EXPLANATION
The supernatural can be explained through certain extra dimensional beings from other planes of existence, they utilise their own advanced technology or their own psychic abilities to create ''breaches'' to our world. Many of these creatures may not even have a corporeal form as they only exist on one/two dimensions, appearing as shadows on the walls or illusions in a person's mind, as this is simply the best that human senses can hope to manage.
Given their lack of form or simply the fact that they do not belong in the material universe they can be forcibly ejected from that world. This is very similar to biblical accounts revolving around exorcising spirits from legends and holy books. Certain modern methods rely on technology such as EMP grenades, others more gifted use their psychic abilities, and a rare few even use the more traditionalist methods of salt rings and brine water due to the chemical solutions and compounds being both positively and negatively charged, thus interrupting their ''connection'' to the material plane.

-ALIENS - AN EXPLANATION
Then there are ''MEL's'' or Material Extraterrestrial Lifeforms that are the literal standardised aliens that come to mind when you think of one, many of which are humanoid and intelligent, but just as many others are less amicably inclined. However given that Earth is in it's infancy stage on the edge of one arm of the galaxy, it is not very well visited. As such it does not garner much attention due to it's technology level, location and obscurity. Put no-one kicks like the kool aid man to say you have read this. Visit's from material aliens are typically few and far between, perhaps being only a lost scouting party or band of pirates visiting the Sol System.

-THE POLITICAL CLIMATE - AN EXPLANATION
In the wake of such threats, the many nations of Earth began pulling together and bandying old treaties in order to combat this new menace. Some organisations such as the Freemasons, the Hadrian Guard, the British Commonwealth Empire/Imperium of Man (BCE for short), the Catholic European Inquisition (the CEI), the Psychics of Salem, the Boston Minutemen of North America (BMNA) and the Eastern Dominion are a partial list of many such examples of age old organisations that have been fighting these less than friendly visitors for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

As you can see there are many types of factions and roles that can be played and this universe is so potentially expansive that I may not be able to cover everything in one sitting, I will update and add more to this post, so check in at later dates and post a character sheet if you are interested.

Name:
Race/Species:
Allegiance/nationality:
Bio:
Weaponry (Three weapons at max):
Psychic potential/training (If so, what are they adept at? I will permit some level of skill but not ''a master of multiple forms'' unless they have good reason in their bio:
Equipment (Including armour, if they possess any):
Other information:

Rules:

1 Read the above story

2 Don't be a d*ck

3 No suethors

4 Yes characters can die, if you get written into a corner just write up a new character, it makes the pain go away easier.

5 No ridiculous backstory, like having former black ops training alongside a million other skills. If you want to be an experienced character give them a good backstory that suits them. I will pick up on your crap if you suck, and I will tell you privately or on the forum itself.

6 No controlling others, I.E. 'He punched someone in the face and broke their jaw.' This kind of writing WILL NOT fly with me at all. Instead write something like 'He threw a punch at someone's face, hoping to break their jaw.' The only exception to this is if another player allows you to do this.

ANYONE who violates these rules will get one strike. You hit three strikes and you will be deleted from the thread and told to GTFO.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Races:
-Humans (No explanation needed, if you require one look in the mirror)

-Alkaenet (Lizard like Martians from another alternate material universe in their version of the Sol system where the red planet supported life)

-Mi-Go (Insectoid dragonfly people, have 4 legs and a pair of arms and have stationed themselves on the moon. Yes the ones from call of Cthulhu)

-Daemons (Self explanatory, creatures from horrifying planes of existence and dimensions beyond what humans can perceive. Again think of call of Cthulhu or Warhammer 40k) (LIMITED SPACES)

-Undead (Various forms like Liches and vampires, they get their power from daemons in exchange for human sacrifices and each undead variant will have different ritual to maintain their immortality. I.E. Vampires must suck lifeblood dry and Liches must absorb the souls of others constantly to keep their phylactery working. In short to be undead you have to be a scary motherf***er, no ''nice undead'' exist here.)

-Beastmen (Werewolves and other creatures affected or mutated by dimensional, daemonic or alien influences. Again not the nicest due to the decline in race relations and that beastmen believe themselves to be superior to the human flock.)

The four largest land based factions:
British commonwealth Empire (Red)
Catholic European Inquisition (Yellow)
Boston Minutemen of Northern America (Blue)
Eastern Dominion States (Purple)

same question as achillies

ADDITIONALLY: i'm feeling like this is going to be a slightly friendlier version of the 40K universe(?) which seems neat and guilliman would probably approve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back