• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Adventures of the Inquisitor

xXxKateKaysxXx

Professional Fangirl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 1, 4582

To the Person of Interest,

Congratulations. You have been chosen to participate on a journey

of exploration and adventure aboard the S.S. Inquisitor as one of my

crew. Do not read further if you are below the age of ten, or above the age

of forty-five, as it would endanger your fragile lives if you were to join.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Moving on, please fill out the form below,

including a photo or other form of image revealing your appearance. Please note

that joining the crew of the Inquisitor will most likely result in injury, and

in rare case, death. However, participation in this mission will also likely result

in fame and fortune, as we will be discovering things that no other explorers

have ever seen. Both aliens and humans will be accepted; we will be happy

to have you aboard. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Captain James H. Finnigan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RULES

1.) No Mary-Sues or Gary Stus! Remember: no one is perfect! Try to add a few 'bad' or 'negative' traits to the personality section, and don't automatically make yourself a decorated general or anything. Maybe add a few things they're bad at, or something they're scared of (or their weakness)! If you need any tips, ask me! I'll be more than happy to help!

2.) Absolutely no god-moding! I hate when people do this, and making things always happen in your favor is a bit boring for everyone else. Please do not take control of another person's character unless you have asked their creator, and then tell me as well so I know and don't get after you!

3.) Use proper grammar! I would hope everyone knows how to spell, and please just don't keep overloading with badly punctuated run-on sentences. They are hard to read and understand, and overall confusing. Also, please don't use asterisks to convey actions. (Eg.: *jumps* or *jumps or even /jumps) That's just lazy, and kind of boring too. Try to add a little more color to it! (Eg.: He jumped as high as he could, and his curly brown hair bounced as he landed, a little clumsily.) Ahh, that's better! If you have really and sincerely read these rules, please list your character's favorite food in the 'Other' section. Ignore the password at the bottom.

4.) No one-liners! It's those that bring roleplays to a stop. As mentioned earlier, try to bring a bit more color to your posts (check the last example)! Try to go for at least two paragraphs if you can. They don't even have to be long! Three lines will qualify as a paragraph, and if you really can't think of anything, one three-liner will do. If you claim you 'really couldn't think of anything; sorry for the one-liner', stop. There is always another way. Go back and try again.

5.) Don't spam the thread! Posting three times in a row is just annoying. Besides, it is a lot easier to just edit your last post, and save yourself the trip. However, I think we'll be fine with this one since we're trying for three lines! Keep up the good work!

6.) No sexy times! If you really find it necessary, then, ugh, fine. However, please fade-to-black in the rp. Got it? Good. Moving on.

7.) Limit is two characters! No more than that. One character is fine, and recommended if you're not used to writing so much (because 2-3 paragraphs is required per character)! If you really think you're up to it, go ahead! I applaud you!

And finally...

Have fun!

If you've read the rules, put 'Inquisitor' at the bottom of your character sheet!

If you haven't read the rules, you'll automatically be denied!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ActionPony @Juli Zakstyre @Raggamuffinz @Htiaf @MrMopp @Ian Temero

James H. Finnigan took a deep breath and stared at himself in the reflective space station window. He was dressed in his newly acquired captain uniform, and he had to say, he thought he looked rather professional. He wasn't normally one to think about his looks, and to be honest, he would probably never wear this again once the expedition was underway. Still, it was nice for the time being. He ran a hand through his hair absentmindedly, releasing the breath he realized he'd been holding.

He glanced around the small room he'd been standing in, hoping his crew wouldn't be too crazy or under experienced. He really didn't feel like babysitting a bunch of new recruits and teaching them the simplest of tasks. He sighed again and snatched his laser pistol from the bed where he'd placed it when he was getting dressed. Normally, he never would have taken it off himself (you could never be too careful), but he knew full well that this place was fully guarded, with too many laser turrets to count and practically a dozen guards outside his room alone.

He stretched and made for the door, turning off the light as he left. The doors slid open, and the guards positioned outside nodded respectfully. James only grunted in response, not feeling like talking at the moment. One hand on the pistol on his belt (which just so happened to be concealed expertly by his jacket), the man quickly made his way to the hangar, where he would be meeting his new crew.

He'd read through their files, of course, but there was still no telling what said files may have left out. The beast-people-alien things he'd been particularly suspicious about, but he wasn't one to give up perfectly good crew members. The kid with the alien pet he seemed more interested in, though no less wary. At least the others seemed 'normal', more or less.

He found his ship, the Inquisitor, parked exactly where he'd expected to find her, and he gazed up at her. She sure was breathtaking, even he had to admit, and he was seldom impressed. He stood by the landing platform, leaning against the railing casually. This is where he'd informed his new crew members to find him, and if they didn't come on time, then he sure wasn't about to wait for them. He didn't bother going in the ship; he'd already been inside before, when he'd first decided to have this expedition.

He lazily scanned the area, hoping to catch sight of someone even vaguely resembling one of his crew members. No such luck. He sighed for the umpteenth time that day and stretched, before cracking his knuckles. If no one turned up, he was going to seriously get on the darn ship and go on this expedition himself.

Zephyrus Anemoi let out a sigh of relief as he watched the Raptor fly off. That flight had been so much more stressful than he had anticipated. First discovering that the ship he had stowaway on was smuggling weapons, then Blink getting him caught, and to top it all off their engine nearly exploded. Luckily they agreed to make a side trip to drop him off after he fixed the engine. All in all, not the kind of trip that he wanted to repeat.

Zeph adjusted his pack on his shoulder (the one that didn't have a small feathered dragon perched on it) and left the hanger. His stomach growled and he made a mental note; next time he planed to stowaway on a ship, pack some snacks. So he made a quick stop at the vending machine and got himself some nuts and some jerky for his little companion. "Alright, Blink." He said after his hunger was temporarily appeased, "Let's go find our ship."

He wasn't walking for long before he found a reception desk where he could ask for directions from. As he approached the desk he could feel the eyes of everyone in the room glued to his back, or more specifically, to his wings. All the attention made him a little uncomfortable. "Excuse me, ma'am?" He said to the lady behind the desk, whose eyes immediately locked onto blink "Could you point me in the direction of Hanger J-10?"

"It's the second door from the end." She said, pointing to her left. "That pet of yours is very cute by the way."

"He likes to think so too." Zeph responded with a chuckle, looking at Blink (who had a very smug flick to his tail). This got a laugh out of her. "Second door, right? Thanks!"

Zeph entered the hanger and stopped, noticing that there was only one person in there. Am I late? No, he was on time according to his watch (which was a miracle all on its own). Did I misread which hanger we were gathering at?

Laiya was a bit late. Someone had lost some of her navigational tools, and she had spent the morning hunting them down. Laiya didn't like lost things. So, when she had bothered to look at a clock, she almost had a heart attack. She sped over to the car, and came as fast as traffic laws would allow, and occasionally faster. When she got there, she ran towards where she was pretty sure the ship was. When she got there, she found a human man, looking around the landing pad and grumbling to himself. She approached him from behind and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, but is this ship the Inquisitor?" she asked him.

She hoped it was. She was looking forward to going on this trip. She had all her nav-toys ready, and she wanted to go see the universe. She also had plotted out the location of the ship and the quickest route towards it yesterday, and she would hate to be proven wrong.

Alyssa opened her eyes and realized where she was, but what had happened before, that was the question in her head. She remembered staying up all night, researching about something, and then all other memories disappeared from her mind. The dazed girl looked up and observed her surroundings, only to find that she was on a bench of some sort, and that this was a space station.

Her eyes widened, was she late? She quickly looked down at her watch and began running around the space station, until she found the hangar she was to meet her new captain at. This was one of the few problems with being so organized, smart, and disciplined when it came to coming early.

Without coffee, you cannot do it, at least if you're Ally, that is. She sighed in relief as she saw that she was the third one there, there were supposed to be more, which eased her somewhat. The small and timid girl, dragging a wheeled storage case, and grasping a brightly glowing holo-pad in hand, walked over towards the group. If there was anything they'd notice first, it would be the large bags underneath her eyes, and how she looked like a mere kid. All she did to acknowledge the others was look up a little, and that was about it.

(Here it is! Sorry I took so long. I was in a bit of a rush so please forgive me if its sloppy.

A few notes:

• Bill is not a permanent character. the only reason he is there in the first place is because Rassa and Yahlie would've been hopelessly lost without a guide and would never have made it to the hanger in the first place.

• somehow, the Coyum (or at least These ones tribe) have an fairly accurate concept of astronomy even while the wheel is still a work in progress.

• every time you see < > it means that the Coyum language is being spoken.)

Rassa had seen some strange magic since his arrival on earth. He had seen metal trees that shine at night and, stones that one can use to talk to another from a distance, boxes with moving images, and rode in a moving, metal hut that ran on faster than a dadooth. Heck, he had even seen metal FLY, but he had still hardly believed that one could pierce through the curtain of sky and sail through the outside night untill he found himself looking out at the speckled blackness through the window of a house that floated in it. It was beautiful. Absolutely mesmerizing.

Rassa jumped a little when his agent, Bill, put a hand on his shoulder. "Rassa, we need to move!" said the man.

"Uh, yes, yes! Sorry!" he took one more look out the window. "Very strange."

"yes I'm sure" said Bill "but you're already LATE, and I don't believe the captain is a patient man. Now let's-" Bill turned around and stopped. He was missing one. "Yahlie?" Bill looked around the large corridor. "Where did she...?"

Rassa looked around. Sure enough, his wife was nowhere to be seen. Again.

"Oh for the love of-" Bill sputtered "I turn around five seconds and she EVAPORATES!" he fumbled getting his phone out of his pocket, hoping she hadn't waisted the batteries on her own phone yet. Honestly, he felt like a babysitter some days

Rassa rubbed his temples, annoyed but not surprised in the least. He had long ago accepted that if you want to go anywhere with that woman, you have to plan on not being there on time. Yahlie was a compulsive wanderer with the attention span of a goldfish.Take your eyes off of her for a minute and she's bound to find a distraction and wander off. And the tighter the time-crunch, the more distractible she seemed to get. Really, Bill should have figured that out by now.

Bill searched through his long contact list, but before he could reach her name, Rassa suddenly bellowed with his hands cupped to his mouth, "YAHLIE! AYOO RAKeEEH tlaYE!"

Bill cringed, partially because of Rassas powerful volume, and partially EVERYONE was staring at them. "Was that STRICTLY nessissary? I was just going to call her"

Rassa shrugged. "Rassa call first"

Yahlies response came faster than expected. "<you don't need to shout. I'm right here.>" Rassa and Bill looked up. There she was, siting on a cross beam right over their heads, looking down a them with a bemused smirk.

Bill stared for a moment out of of bewilderment, "how does she climb that fast?"

Rassa shrugged. "Rassa marry Yahlie. STILL not know." He turned back to his wife. "<Yahlie, we're in a hurry! What are you doing!?>"

"<taking images with my talking-stone to keep with me,>" she explained, holding up the cheep cellphone that Bill bought her. "<we're only going to be in this place once and this is a GOOOOD angle to get images of it all>

Rassa flattened his ears "<why can't you just keep the image in your head?> " he asked with anoyance.

"<well sure.>" said Yahlie "but you can't SHOW a memory to your friends.> "

Rassa couldn't argue with that. "<Alright. Well, do you have it done?>"

"Oh yes, I have several images>"

"Good. Now come down. Let's go."

Yahlie looked at the photo she had taken with disappointment. "<Awww, but they're not very good. That light on the ceiling made it look funny. OOH! that corner over there is darker! I bet I could get a better->"

"<YAHLIE!>" pleaded Rassa. "<the sky boat is going sail without us!>"

Yahlie let out an exasperated sigh, "<okay okay, fine.>" she said, and shimmied down a pillar to the ground, grumbling, "<I was only going to be a moment. Or two.>"

And with that, the three hurried into Inquisitors hanger.

((Oh my gosh MY (really long) RESPONSE GOT DELETED I'M SO MAD...... I'll be a moment don't worry)) 
"Excuse me, but is this ship the Inquisitor?" said a feminine voice from behind, and James felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around, a bit annoyed, and scanned the newcomer once over. She had dark hair, and he recognized her almost immediately. She looked exactly like the picture in her file, after all, and unless she had a twin, or this was a doppleganger, there was no way it could be anyone but her.

"Laiya Derichyn?" he asked, turning towards her and crossing his arms. There was really no point in the question (which was more of a confirmation than a question), but he figured it was pretty normal for people to introduce themselves. "I'm Captain Finnigan." He didn't bother extending his hand for a handshake. This was going to be strictly professional, and handshakes were just too casual. If anyone on this ship was going to be friends, they'd have to ease into it.

The man looked over and saw another girl approach. She seemed very uneasy and frightened, and her only acknowledgment towards them was the slight raise of her head. James had a feeling he knew who this was too. "You Alyssa Meywell?" the man asked, nodding in her direction in an attempt to get her attention. He didn't really know if she would respond. She looked maybe fourteen at the oldest; it was hard to believe the kid was twenty-two.

Next James caught sight of the young boy he'd been particularly interested (named Zephyrus Anemoi, he believed,) near the hangar door. His green wings stood out like a sore thumb, not to mention the alien on his shoulder, which he thought (if he recalled correctly) was named 'Blink'. He would have gulped in fear upon seeing him, if he didn't know everything about him (well, not everything, but everything in his file). The man gestured the boy over with the wave of his arm. He wanted to talk to him about a few things, not to mention see how this alien reacted to him.

Finally, James saw the two he'd been particularly wary about. The wolf-alien things, who went by the names Rassa and Yahlie. He swallowed hard and watched as they entered the hangar. Also with them was a human, no doubt an agent or something, and for some reason that fact made him feel better. At least he knew they weren't hostile... well, not at the moment, anyway. He waved them over as well, though not as enthusiastically as he had to Zephyrus.

"Looks like we're just missing Moraya Frost, Aya Karminder, and Kyle Harrison," James muttered, mostly to himself, as he stared down at the list of his crew on his holopad. He looked back up and sighed at those who had already turned up.

xXxKateKaysxXx said:
((Oh my gosh MY (really long) RESPONSE GOT DELETED I'M SO MAD...... I'll be a moment don't worry)) 
"Excuse me, but is this ship the Inquisitor?" said a feminine voice from behind, and James felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around, a bit annoyed, and scanned the newcomer once over. She had dark hair, and he recognized her almost immediately. She looked exactly like the picture in her file, after all, and unless she had a twin, or this was a doppleganger, there was no way it could be anyone but her.
"Laiya Derichyn?" he asked, turning towards her and crossing his arms. There was really no point in the question (which was more of a confirmation than a question), but he figured it was pretty normal for people to introduce themselves. "I'm Captain Finnigan." He didn't bother extending his hand for a handshake. This was going to be strictly professional, and handshakes were just too casual. If anyone on this ship was going to be friends, they'd have to ease into it.

The man looked over and saw another girl approach. She seemed very uneasy and frightened, and her only acknowledgment towards them was the slight raise of her head. James had a feeling he knew who this was too. "You Alyssa Meywell?" the man asked, nodding in her direction in an attempt to get her attention. He didn't really know if she would respond. She looked maybe fourteen at the oldest; it was hard to believe the kid was twenty-two.

Next James caught sight of the young boy he'd been particularly interested (named Zephyrus Anemoi, he believed,) near the hangar door. His green wings stood out like a sore thumb, not to mention the alien on his shoulder, which he thought (if he recalled correctly) was named 'Blink'. He would have gulped in fear upon seeing him, if he didn't know everything about him (well, not everything, but everything in his file). The man gestured the boy over with the wave of his arm. He wanted to talk to him about a few things, not to mention see how this alien reacted to him.

Finally, James saw the two he'd been particularly wary about. The wolf-alien things, who went by the names Rassa and Yahlie. He swallowed hard and watched as they entered the hangar. Also with them was a human, no doubt an agent or something, and for some reason that fact made him feel better. At least he knew they weren't hostile... well, not at the moment, anyway. He waved them over as well, though not as enthusiastically as he had to Zephyrus.

"Looks like we're just missing Moraya Frost, Aya Karminder, Kyle Harrison, and Nivek...?" James muttered, mostly to himself, as he stared down at the list of his crew on his holopad. The last name was more of an uneasy question, as he wasn't exactly sure how to pronounce it. He looked back up and sighed at those who had already turned up.
Laiya took his hand and shook it.

"Hello, Captain. I'm glad I didn't miscalculate. I was pretty sure that I'd got it right, but I wasn't too sure about the Sumner equation and how it lined up with Greenwich Mean, and I've never been here before."

Laiya was happily oblivious to how much of an education in physics, math, and navigation would be required to decipher what she just said. She automatically assumed that other people understood what she said. Education, for her, was the default state of things, and it usually took much explaining before she understood that no, other people had not gone for several doctorates in college.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aya Karminder was late. She'd gotten lost on the way, and now she was dashing through the halls of the Inquisitor's base, attempting to follow directions to the best of her ability, and succeeding some of the time. When she finally managed to get to the hangar, she collapsed in exhaustion. She was just glad to have made it. She didn't want the ship to leave without her.

After she'd recovered a bit of energy, she looked up at the ship. It was quite amazing, and Aya thought to herself that it would be a nice place to spend a voyage of discovery. After she was done taking in that view, she looked around at her crewmates. The man who she thought was the captain (he matched the profile) was looking around, checking to see if everyone was there. A young, dark-haired woman was chattering on to the captain about.... something. It probably had to do with how she got there, but, given that Aya didn't know what the Sumner equation was and couldn't quite remember what Greenwhich Mean meant, it was all greek to her. Aya was pretty sure that the woman was Laiya.

There was also a boy with green hair and wings (whom she identified as Zephyrus), two strange wolf-like things (they were probably Rassa and Yahlie). This was going to be an interesting crew, and thus an interesting voyage. But that was okay. Aya liked interesting. She was already wondering how she'd get along with them all.

Zephyr relaxed a little as more people showed up. Okay, so I didn't mess up. I was just the first one here. Hold on a second... Something wasn't adding up. He escaped his home station with out a cinch, the smuggler's engine was broken, allowing Zeph to fix it and gain their trust, just happened to be passing this station at the time, was dropped off on the same floor as the hanger the crew was meeting at, and was the first one there. "That's it. I've got to be dreaming. I'm never this lucky."

Blink, hearing this comment, gave Zephyr's shoulder a good squeeze with his claws. "Owowowowow! Alright! Alright! I'm not dreaming!" He let out a sigh as the dragon's grip loosened. "If they are real then I guess we should go talk to them" It seemed that the first guy (whom Zeph now realized was wearing a captain's uniform) was think the same thing as he was waving Zeph closer.

Socializing also appeared to be on the top of Blink's list. With a loud POP the little dragon disappeared from off of Zephyr's shoulder and reappeared in front of the captain. Flying around him a few times, Blink examined the man from head to toe, before vanishing with another pop and doing the same to every person in the room.

Zephyr meanwhile approached James. "You must be Captain Finnigan. It's a pleasure sir." He said, giving a proper military salute. While Zeph had never served, he had grown up in a military family and his older sister had drilled it into his head that when a commanding officer was in uniform, you showed him proper respect.

"Yes, I'm Alyssa...", she'd respond in a quiet voice, for a moment it looked as if she was going to pass out, but managed to catch her own consciousness. Ally began listening in on the other people, and noticed how smart Laiya was. She got most of it, but she stopped thinking when it came to the mathematics part, Ally hated that part...

She began looking around her, observing her crew members. They seemed unique to her, which was a relief, as normal people would just be plain old boring. Ally stretched and then her face suddenly wore a grim expression as she realized something...

She was the shortest person there. Just like on the transport ship...

Darwin damnit...

Alyssa hoped no one would notice how childish she looked, perhaps the only thing mature about her was the look in her eyes and her breast size, but that was about it. Still, being short had major disadvantages, and the advantages it held were usually never used by Ally in any situation.

A lose-lose.

Suddenly a flying creature found itself in front of Ally, and she gazed at it with a smile. It was pretty cute, she had to admit, even if she didn't really like animals. Alyssa pulled a NutriBar, (basically a futuristic granola bar that is healthier), and opened it, handing it towards Blink.

"H..Here.."

"Hello, Captain. I'm glad I didn't miscalculate. I was pretty sure that I'd got it right, but I wasn't too sure about the Sumner Equation and how it lined up with Greenwich Mean, and I've never been here before," Laiya continued, shaking his hand and babbling about some scientific things he could honestly care less about. He hadn't had a lot of time to devote to academics when he was younger, having always been dedicated to becoming a captain of his own ship someday.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," James muttered absentmindedly, waving his hand at her (albeit rudely). He didn't mean for it to come across as rude, but he was a bit annoyed at everyone at the moment, and besides, Moraya Frost and Kyle Harrison still weren't here yet. He cursed under his breath. If they didn't get here soon, they were gonna get left behind, like it or not.

He caught sight of Aya Karminder not too far off, and he waved her over. At least the cook was here now, so they wouldn't have to worry about eating dry rations every day. That, he knew from experience, was doable, but still not very satisfying and very tiring. He swallowed at the mere memory of it, and almost shuddered.

"Yes, I'm Alyssa..." said the short girl, and James nodded at her. She didn't say anything else, and the captain would have rolled his eyes if he wasn't in uniform. He examined her and figured life must have been hard when you're short. He, himself, remembered when he was younger, and was sometimes teased for his lesser size. He offered a slight smile at her, but said nothing.

Suddenly, the alien called Blink appeared before him, startling him, to say the least. "What the--" James started to say, before remembering the darn thing could teleport. It circled him before popping off and doing the same to the other members of the crew. He noticed Alyssa offer the thing a NutriBar, and he shook his head fondly.

"You must be Captain Finnigan. It's a pleasure sir." Zephyrus said, and James noticed the salute that followed. He would have saluted back, under different circumstances. This was a professional mission, and he was the captain. He and this boy were not equals. He nodded dutifully instead at the kid instead.

"I am," he said, "and I figure you're Zephyrus Anemoi. This is Blink then...?" James gestured to the flying alien with the wave of his hand. "It's good you showed up. We'll be leaving soon." If Kyle and Moraya wanted to come, they had better get their lazy behinds to the hangar in two minutes, or they'd get left in the dust.

@Juli Zakstyre @Htiaf

Without any other incidents, (save at the reception desk when Yahlie started reorganizing the pencil holders) Rassa, Yahlie and Bill made it to the Inquisitors hanger.

Rassa turned to Bill, "Inquisitor?" He asked, pointing at the ship.

Bill, winded from his long run, looked up at the vessel. "...Yep" he panted, "that's... What it... Says... On the the side."

Rassa gave the man a half concerned, half amused look as he stood huffing and gasping like a fish. "Bill dying?"

"No. No I'm fine." Bill chuckled "you two- Heh- You two run faster than me when you want to. It's hard to keep up"

Rassa grunted. "Bill need Ex-Er-Size. No go tired."

Bill rolled his eyes a little. "Rassa," he pointed at his own foot. "You have longer feet."

Ah, right. Rassa forgot. The poor, deformed flat-foots.

Looking at the ship, Yahlie wasn't overly impressed. I mean sure it was big and had an interesting shape, but talk about an UUUGLY paint job (i don't know what it looks like but to her, if it ain't Coyum, it ain't beauty). She was resolved to give it some much needed attention with her art kit sometime when no one was looking, confident that they would thank her later-

Suddenly, A small, feathered creature popped up in Yahlies face a and she let out a "YIPE!". The other two turned around, Rassa instinctively taking a fighting stance, while Bill went "What the-!" The feathered animal examined them for a moment with intelligent curiosity (and perhaps mischievous amusement) before disappearing just like that.

Yahley blink a few times. "...What THAT?!"

"...No. Idea." Said Bill, "but I sincerely hope it's not one of the ships vermin." He looked over at the captain. "Ah! The captain is calling you over. Let's go."

Once the captain got done talking with Zephyr, Bill took the opportunity to make introductions.

"Ah! Excuse me! Captain! Sorry for the tardiness, but here are your "accidental ambassadors". This right here is Rassa..." Rassa bowed his head respectfully. "...and his wife-"

Yahlie had been behind Zephyr, quietly examining the wings folded against his back, and had just decided to grab one and pull it open. "Wings REAL?!?! PRETTY!!! you FLY?"

Bill cringed. "...This is Yahlie. Quite friendly. (A straight jacket might be rquired)."

Blink sniffed at the NutriBar, trying to decide whether he trusted this girl enough to take the food... Okay. Not really. He was just trying to decide to decide if he liked the flavor or not. Simply by offering him food Alyssa had already gained his trust. Taking a chunk out of the bar, the dragon circled around her once before landing on her shoulder and beginning to eat (after nuzzling her cheek of course)

Zephyr, letting his hand drop back to his side, noticed Blink making a new friend. "Oh great." He grumbled "Now I've got to share him with another gi-"

"Wings REAL?!?! PRETTY!!! you FLY?"

"What the-?" Zeph wheeled around to find out what had grabbed his wings and found himself staring at a long snout full of sharp pointy teeth. "Yeeaagh!" Zeph lept back, away from what he thought was a mutated wolf trying to eat his face off, and considering the fourteen foot wings assisting his jump, this ment that he jumped strait over the captain's head.

"What the heck!?"

"Ah! Excuse me! Captain!" said a voice, and James turned to see the man that had been accompanying Rassa and Yahlie. His name tag ((I'm just assuming he's wearing a name tag)) read 'Bill'. "Sorry for the tardiness, but here are your 'accidental ambassadors'. This right here is Rassa..." The alien bowed his head respectfully, and James returned the gesture. "...and his wife-" Bill began to say, but was interrupted by a sudden yell from nearby.

"Wings real?! Pretty! You fly?!" cried Yahlie, and James noticed she had taken hold of Zephyrus' large wings. He didn't know where Blink had popped off to at first, but then he caught sight of the creature on Alyssa's shoulder, eating the NutriBar it had been offered. The man would have smiled, if a certain winged boy hadn't leaped over his head.

"What the-?" the kid had cried, whirling around. James could only imagine how terrifying it must have been to see a thing like Yahlie staring you down (no offense to the species, but after all, they did appear similar to Earth wolves, those of which humans tend to be afraid of. However, when you're flying across the galaxy all your life, you tended to get used to the various alien races that embodied the place. James had, anyway).

At the sight of Yahlie, Zeph screamed-- "Yeeaagh!" --and leaped into the air. The wings propelled him higher than a normal kid his age would have been able to, and James found himself now in front of the boy, facing Yahlie. "What the heck?!" Zeph continued, obviously very startled by the event.

"Relax, kid," the captain said in response to the Seraph, rolling his eyes. "She's not gonna hurt you..." He shot a look at Bill. "...Right?" Clearing his throat, he continued. "This here is Yahlie and that's her husband Rassa. They're aliens. Get over yourself. Besides, you're one to talk, with the huge wings on your back. Those would scare the heck out of some people."

He looked at Bill again. "...This is Yahlie." the worker continued, a little exasperated. James figured the two (especially Yahlie) were quite a handful. "Quite friendly. (A straight jacket might be required)." The captain nodded his head, almost on the verge of chuckling to the older man, but he managed to bite his tongue.

"I'll remember that," he smirked. "So, are you gonna come with us? Or...?" The last sentence was left quite unfinished, and it trailed off into silence. He wouldn't mind 'Bill' coming along, but even he knew this guy had work to do, and knew the answer even before he had asked the question. He was really just trying to stall, if nothing else, hoping Kyle and Moraya would get here soon.

@Htiaf @Juli Zakstyre

xXxKateKaysxXx said:
"Ah! Excuse me! Captain!" said a voice, and James turned to see the man that had been accompanying Rassa and Yahlie. His name tag ((I'm just assuming he's wearing a name tag)) read 'Bill'. "Sorry for the tardiness, but here are your 'accidental ambassadors'. This right here is Rassa..." The alien bowed his head respectfully, and James returned the gesture. "...and his wife-" Bill began to say, but was interrupted by a sudden yell from nearby.
"Wings real?! Pretty! You fly?!" cried Yahlie, and James noticed she had taken hold of Zephyrus' large wings. He didn't know where Blink had popped off to at first, but then he caught sight of the creature on Alyssa's shoulder, eating the NutriBar it had been offered. The man would have smiled, if a certain winged boy hadn't leaped over his head.

"What the-?" the kid had cried, whirling around. James could only imagine how terrifying it must have been to see a thing like Yahlie staring you down (no offense to the species, but after all, they did appear similar to Earth wolves, those of which humans tend to be afraid of. However, when you're flying across the galaxy all your life, you tended to get used to the various alien races that embodied the place. James had, anyway).

At the sight of Yahlie, Zeph screamed-- "Yeeaagh!" --and leaped into the air. The wings propelled him higher than a normal kid his age would have been able to, and James found himself now in front of the boy, facing Yahlie. "What the heck?!" Zeph continued, obviously very startled by the event.

"Relax, kid," the captain said in response to the Seraph, rolling his eyes. "She's not gonna hurt you..." He shot a look at Bill. "...Right?" Clearing his throat, he continued. "This here is Yahlie and that's her husband Rassa. They're aliens. Get over yourself. Besides, you're one to talk, with the huge wings on your back. Those would scare the heck out of some people."

He looked at Bill again. "...This is Yahlie." the worker continued, a little exasperated. James figured the two (especially Yahlie) were quite a handful. "Quite friendly. (A straight jacket might be required)." The captain nodded his head, almost on the verge of chuckling to the older man, but he managed to bite his tongue.

"I'll remember that," he smirked. "So, are you gonna come with us? Or...?" The last sentence was left quite unfinished, and it trailed off into silence. He wouldn't mind 'Bill' coming along, but even he knew this guy had work to do, and knew the answer even before he had asked the question. He was really just trying to stall, if nothing else, hoping Kyle and Moraya would get here soon.

@Htiaf @Juli Zakstyre
Aya watched the y0ung winged boy attempt to deal with Yahlie. He was failing. It appeared that this would be an interesting voyage. Aya was looking forward to making friends with the Coyum, and perhaps teaching her to quiet down a little. Aya walked over to the Captain and told him:

"Hi. I'm Aya Karminder. You're the captain, right?"

Ally smiled as Blink munched on the bar. "You're a cute and little, things that are alike have to stick together, you know?", she'd tell Blink, referring to him and herself. She had never seen a creature like Blink, and this experience was completely interesting to her.

She zoned out and just focused on the looks of the creature, and how it ate the NutriBar. "If you can type on a board, or write, it would be nice to talk to you... I'd like to ask you about yourself, and your species...", Ally would tell Blink as he continued to munch. She liked the creature's colorization, and felt like testing its intelligence sooner or later.

It was nice to already be well-acquainted with one of the crew, at least.

What the- YEEAAGH!!!" Seraph quickly stretch open his powerful wings and took off, knocking Yahlie onto her butt (er, tail). Yahlie sat there, dazed for a couple second. 'Wow!' She thought, 'He flys alright.'

Rassa ran over to his help his wife up. <Yahlie! Are you all right?!>

Yahlie took his hand and hoisted herself up. <Yes,> she said. <I'm fine, dear.> Yahlie laughed. <That was FUNNY! I really spooked him good, didn't I? Hee hee hee!>

Rassa smirked. <He's smart. Any one in their right mind should run screaming from you>

Yahlie gave her husband mischievous grin. <So what does that make you? Brave or crazy?>

That caught him off guard. <...uh... I think both.>

Yahlie giggled. <You're cute, love.>

<And you're a terror.> Rassa looked at Zephyr. <So, that poor boy's going to be the main victim of your attention, isn't he?>

<Oh, totally.> she said <Someone's got to loosen him up, and you know me...> Yahlie sidled up to Rassa and tucked her head under his chin, <The shy ones have always intrigued me.>

Rassa smiled lovingly.

"So, are you gonna come with us?Or...?"

Bill sadly shook his head. "No, I'm afraid not. Sorry." It was a pity actually. Yahlie had repeatedly begged him to come along to their home world (which, from her description, sounded beautiful), but Bill had a family to look after and couldn't afford to go on a long, dangerous voyage. "But I can do this..." He reached inside his backpack and handed a book to captain. "Here are some note on I've compiled on the Coyum. Their language, culture, religion, a little about their home world, their diet and physical health needs. The last two aren't usually a problem. They're quite adaptable. Although they are from a tropical climate (I think) so they don't tolerate the cold very well. Anyway, it's not much, but it's what I've been able to glean. I was hired by the Anthropology Department so naturally I have my own copy at home."

(I haven't figured out all of whats in it, but it seemed like something he would do. I'll tell you details as I think of it. If it's important)

"Hi. I'm Aya Karminder. You're the captain, right?" said the red-headed cook, walking over.

"That's me," James huffed, before glancing behind his shoulder. He looked back to Aya. "Glad you're here. Food's the best part of any trip." He had meant it as a joke; of course the food wasn't the best part, but it sure did lighten the overall experience, and he had a feeling they were going to need some lightening up if things got intense.

Meanwhile, he heard the two Coyum discussing something in their native language, and he silently cursed his luck he hadn't thought to bring a translator droid. Who knows what those two could have been talking about. Given the nature they had already exploited, James figured it was probably nothing to worry about, and they were probably talking about some nonsense he didn't give two shakes about. He rolled his eyes at them, before turning when he heard Bill speak again.

"No, I'm afraid not. Sorry." the worker said, and James thought he even heard a slight twinge of sadness in the other man's voice. "But I can do this..." Bill reached into the backpack he had brought with him (which James honestly hadn't noticed before), and retrieved a book from inside. "Here are some note on I've compiled on the Coyum. Their language, culture, religion, a little about their home world, their diet and physical health needs."

At this, James felt his eyebrows raise. At least now he would have a little bit of insight on the two, and he disregarded his previous accusation with a grain of salt. "The last two aren't usually a problem," Bill continued, and James realized he had zoned out. "They're quite adaptable. Although they are from a tropical climate-- I think --so they don't tolerate the cold very well." James noted that. So no ice planets for them. "Anyway, it's not much, but it's what I've been able to glean. I was hired by the Anthropology Department so naturally I have my own copy at home."

"Got it. Thanks," the captain said, and without thinking offered a handshake. While he didn't know barely anything about Bill, he could tell he was a good (enough) guy, and figured he probably had a wife and kids at home to look forward to. "Don't worry; I'll make sure Rassa and Yahlie don't get into too much trouble," he offered, seeing the look of loss on Bill's face.

@Juli Zakstyre

When Zeph realized that the lupin creature was not a mutated zoo animal hell bent on eating his face off but another sentient race, he did in fact calm down a bit. However he did not appreciate being reminded by the captain that he was a freak. All thoughts of that disappeared when Bill pulled out the book.

Zephyr listened carefully as the man talked about what was written in the book, the part about their language specifically catching his attention. "Hey, Captain. Can I?" He asked, motioning to the book.

...Meanwhile...

Though Blink ate his snack in what appeared to be obliviousness to what Ally was saying, he had heard (and more importantly, understood) every word that she had said. The idea of communicating with the land walkers had intrigued him. He had thought about it before, but none of the land walkers on the space box had thought it possible for him to learn. However something told him that this female was willing to try. Oh the things he would be able to do. I could make them pet me when I want them to! Play with me! Get food from the cold box for me! (Being a cold blooded creature, Blink and the refrigerator did not get along. The few times that he teleported inside to get something, Zeph had to pull him out.)

"Got it. Don't worry;" said the captain, extending a handshake. "I'll make sure Rassa and Yahlie don't get into too much trouble,"

Bill took it with with a smile. "Thank you captain, and good luck." Especially with keeping them out of trouble.

Meanwhile, Yahlie had barely snuggled up to her hubby, when she saw something out of the corner of her eye. <oh, look! There's that little disappearing creature! One moment love!> and with that, Yahlie tore free of her husbands arms almost as quickly as she had gotten cuddly with him. You'll probably know how Rassa feels right now if you happen to be a cat owner.

Yahlie padded her way over to where the adorable little feathered creature sat munching on one of those snack-bricks while a black-furred human crouched next to it appeared to having a conversation with it. Yahlie couldn't tell which was cuter.

Actually, yes she could. It definitely had to be the feather creature.

"Aaaaw! So CUUUUTE!!!" Yahlie squealed. She turned to the human woman. "Your pet?"

Yeah. I can tell that Blink is going be quite the little chick magnet.

"Oh.. uh.. no..", Ally would respond with a smile. "It's someone else's pet, to my despair..", she'd say as she looked at it, wondering what it was thinking in that mind of his. She then looked around rather awkwardly, and then back to Blink.

"So, you want to start the learning thing I'm talking about once we're all set on this ship?", Alyssa asked as if it would talk back, quite eager to begin as soon as possible. The small girl, as it would seem rather unfit to call her a lady at such a low height, smiled at the blue creature. It was certainly interesting, and researching it could be her hobby.

Ally then looked back at Yahlie, "It is cute, isn't it?"

"Hey, Captain. Can I?" asked Zeph, gesturing to the book he had just received from Bill. James hesitated. He was the captain after all, and the book had been given directly to him. However, even he knew he was being paranoid, and he also knew if this crew was going to trust him, he was going to have to trust them first. He nodded slowly, not taking his eyes off the winged boy as he held out the book.

"No funny business." the man half-joked, before adding, "And I'd better get that back. I'm gonna need to have a look through it. Got it?" He pointed to the book and the boy semi-accusingly, a slight smile on his lips.

"Thank you captain, and good luck." said Bill, offering a smile. James noticed Yahlie dash off to where Alyssa was, near Blink (who was still eating that NutriBar the girl had given him. Whether it was healthy for the feathered alien was beyond him). The Coyum let out a screech of endearment, before turning to the shortest member of the crew. The two conversed, and James shook it off. Nothing he cared about, most likely. They were probably just talking about Blink, anyway.

He sighed. Moraya still wasn't here yet. He checked his watch (yes, they do still exist), before straightening and looking at his crew. Too late now. Sorry, Mo. He cleared his throat, hoping to get everyone's attention before beginning. He didn't wait for them to look up or even acknowledge him before speaking. They'd learn he wasn't a patient guy.

"Crew members of the Inquisitor," James began, "if you don't yet know who I am, let me introduce myself. I am Captain Finnigan, and I will be conducting this expedition. If you are not sure as to whether or not you would like to aid me in this journey, now is your time to disembark." He paused. "Everyone else, if you would please join me on the ship behind me. We are prepped to leave in a few minutes, if our pilot--" he gestured to her respectively "--is ready."

With that, the man gave a short nod and stepped up the landing platform into the ship. It looked just as pristine as he'd last seen it, and he suppressed a grin. Now was not the time. He headed up to the bridge and awaited his pilot expectantly. He decided he would leave the rest of the crew to explore for now, and once they were in space, he'd show them to their rooms.

@Juli Zakstyre Last chance!!

"No funny business. And I'd better get that back. I'm gonna to have a look through it. Got it?"

Zephyr nodded, only half listening as he flipped to the section on language. He skimmed through it taking mental notes on its complexity. Looks fairly simple, though the information appears to be incomplete. Shouldn't even take me a day to memorize what's here. After that I'll have to ask the loincloth guy to teach me more.... Oh crap! We're going!

Zeph turned towards the ship and froze. The last time he had set foot on one of these metal death traps he had been full to the brim with adrenaline and had more pressing concerns on his mind, like not getting caught. Now that he was calm and actually thinking about it, he could feel his claustrophobia starting to kick in, and began having second thoughts.

He didn't have to get on board. He was free now. He could go anywhere he wanted. But no. He knew that if he didn't leave known space that Omnitrii would eventually find him and drag him back. And besides, even though he had fled one cage for a smaller one, at least this was the cage that he himself had chosen.

Zeph stuck his hand into his pocket and dug around for his music player. The one thing that helped him calm down the most was having some music in his ears. Much to his horror he found his pockets completely empty. "What the? Where did I... Oh. Riiight." He had ditched all of his electronics before leaving Evangeline Station on the off chance that there were tracking devices in them.

"Well this is going to be a fun expedition." Zeph grumbled, shifting the pack on his shoulder and starting towards the Inquisitor. Once on board he immediately made for the back of the ship. There was absolutely no way that he was going to let this thing off the ground without making sure the engine wasn't going to blow up. He did not want a repeat of that morning. Fixing an engine mid-flight had not been easy.

Finding his way to the engine room, Zephyr put down his pack and Bill's journal and began his examination. He had to admit that he was very impressed. One wouldn't guess it just by looking but the engine was quite old. And as far as he could tell, it was the one the ship originally had come with, which meant that the Inquisitor itself was quite old too. Yet everything was in excellent condition. More than excellent in fact. There was very little that he would be able to improve.

(Blink is still sticking with Alyssa for now.)

xXxKateKaysxXx said:
"Hey, Captain. Can I?" asked Zeph, gesturing to the book he had just received from Bill. James hesitated. He was the captain after all, and the book had been given directly to him. However, even he knew he was being paranoid, and he also knew if this crew was going to trust him, he was going to have to trust them first. He nodded slowly, not taking his eyes off the winged boy as he held out the book.
"No funny business." the man half-joked, before adding, "And I'd better get that back. I'm gonna need to have a look through it. Got it?" He pointed to the book and the boy semi-accusingly, a slight smile on his lips.

"Thank you captain, and good luck." said Bill, offering a smile. James noticed Yahlie dash off to where Alyssa was, near Blink (who was still eating that NutriBar the girl had given him. Whether it was healthy for the feathered alien was beyond him). The Coyum let out a screech of endearment, before turning to the shortest member of the crew. The two conversed, and James shook it off. Nothing he cared about, most likely. They were probably just talking about Blink, anyway.

He sighed. Moraya still wasn't here yet. He checked his watch (yes, they do still exist), before straightening and looking at his crew. Too late now. Sorry, Mo. He cleared his throat, hoping to get everyone's attention before beginning. He didn't wait for them to look up or even acknowledge him before speaking. They'd learn he wasn't a patient guy.

"Crew members of the Inquisitor," James began, "if you don't yet know who I am, let me introduce myself. I am Captain Finnigan, and I will be conducting this expedition. If you are not sure as to whether or not you would like to aid me in this journey, now is your time to disembark." He paused. "Everyone else, if you would please join me on the ship behind me. We are prepped to leave in a few minutes, if our pilot--" he gestured to her respectively "--is ready."

With that, the man gave a short nod and stepped up the landing platform into the ship. It looked just as pristine as he'd last seen it, and he suppressed a grin. Now was not the time. He headed up to the bridge and awaited his pilot expectantly. He decided he would leave the rest of the crew to explore for now, and once they were in space, he'd show them to their rooms.

@Juli Zakstyre Last chance!!
Laiya was right behind him. She had already studied a schematic of the ship, and so she knew where the bridge was, and that's where she headed. She wanted to check out her new domain, and see what tools she had. She was eager to show the captain that she knew what she was doing. She had the ghost of a route already plotted out in her head. Of course, she would have to improvise a lot as they got out of the explored sector of the galaxy, but she had blank maps for that.

When she got to the bridge, she checked her map, and headed towards the navigation computer. She imputed the password that she'd been given when she signed on, and slid into the chair to check out the systems. They were amazing, the height of navigational technology. She had most of the toys she could want, minus a sextant (but she'd brought one along). She smiled happily. This was her place.

~

Aya had not studied a schematic of the ship, and so she decided to just follow Laiya. The navigator moved fast, but Aya managed to keep her in sight. Laiya eventually led her to the bridge, and Aya smiled happily on seeing the girl so excited by all the wonderful toys. Aya walked up to Laiya and introduced herself.

"Hi. I'm Aya. Aya Karminder. You're Laiya, right?"

Laiya gave a start and nodded.

Aya smiled reassuringly. "Great. I know nothing about this ship, so I was wondering if you could help me out here. You seem to know what you're doing, and, more importantly, where you're going."

Laiya asked her: "Wait, you haven't looked at the map of the ship? It was right there on the web site, although you may have to search for it for a bit. I made sure to memorize it before I came on board."

Aya mentally facepalmed. She got the feeling that Laiya wouldn't know 'normal' if it bit her. Well, that could be helped.

"Not everyone did. And, that reminds me, about what happened with the captain earlier. I could tell it hurt you. I'm here to tell you that he was just busy. He's got a job to do, and limited time to do it in. People get irrational when under pressure. He didn't mean anything by it."

Laiya said, grateful: "Thanks for telling me that."

She really meant it. Laiya had such problems understanding why people reacted the way they did.

Aya then asked: "So, do you think you could lead me to the kitchen, if I were to ask? This ship is big and confusing to me."

Laiya nodded.

Aya smiled and said: "I have a feeling that you and I will get along nicely."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back