• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The 100-esque RP, plz?

If you're interested in this RP, which direction would you prefer?

• I'm not really that fussed, I'll likely join whatever the choice!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The first idea sounds best to me!

• The second idea is better, actually!

• Those are good ideas man, but I have something better: check out my comment!

• Total voters

SkyGinge

Sad Shroom
Sup people!

So basically, I'm wanting to do an RP based off of the TV 'The 100'. For those of you who haven't heard of/watched it, I'll give a brief explanation. In the future, due to a nuclear war/generic-unexplained-dystopian-event (or GUDE, as I shall now call it), the last members of humanity live in a space station above the Earth. Life is strictly regimented and the people live under harsh laws. But then they discover that life support is failing, and so decide to send a group of teenage 'criminals' deamed to be expendable down to the surface to check if it's now habitable. The programme then follows their struggles as they try to survive against nature, the threat of the people who somehow survived the apocalypse, savages named 'Grounders', and then there's also stuff going on up in the spaceship too.

It's just reached the second series (no spoilers please, as we've only had the first three episodes of S2 here in Britain!), and I love it. The characters are a bit naff - fairly stereotypical but likeable in that teen-drama way. It's the plots and concepts are amazing. In Season 2 atm there's about six seperate plot strands, so much actions and stuff and arghghghghaghg hype.

Anyhow, I want to do something along those lines in RP. This is a fair departure for me; I usually do RPs based on original worlds after I've already come up with storylines for them. Yet, I love the conflicts in this show so much that I reckon they'd make an amazing RP. So I have some questions for you guys:

1. Firstly, how many of you guys would be interesting in doing something like this? You don't have to know anything about the show as I'll be explaining stuff anyhow, but please, if you're interested in the concept, answer the poll above and leave a comment down below.
  2. Secondly, I have two ideas about how to go about this. Regardless of how we do it, it'll be OC's we'll be using. The first idea is to basically re-run the basic '100' plot and do a Fandom RP set directly in that world, but as if events had happened differently. So for example, we'd start with the same concept, but because the character's we'd be playing would be different, both in the ship and on the ground, events would transpire unlike they do in the show. The second is to create a Futuristic RP in a world that's similar but not identical to 'The 100'. So with a similar premise, similar conflicts, but with a few tweaks here and there, and obviously without requiring pre-knowledge of the world of 'The 100'. I think both would work and be interestined either way, but I want to know what you guys want.
  3. If you guys have any other ideas or suggestions to put forward to this, please reply down below!

Just a couple of extra thingies to mention:

-The plot will likely be very character driven. In my last few RPs, I've ended up making everything very stilted and out of people's control. I don't like that; I think it stifles a lot of creative potential. I want all of our characters troubles and tribulations to be at the forefront of this RP; I'll introduce plotpoints, but I won't get really salty if things change dramatically based on peoples decisions.

-You will be able to play as characters on both the ground, the ship, in the tribes, and potential other things, and of course in their equivilants should we choose the second option.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this, and I hope to hear your feedback shortly!

I love the show. Haven't seen the second season cause it isn't on Netflix yet. I think this is a great Idea I tried a while back with one of these. So need help in any way I can help you.

DeathToAllBetrayers

@Gilmoregirl12 : In what little I've seen of it, the second season is vastly superior to the first thusfar imo. Which of the two ideas do you prefer :')

If you're still open to accepting people, I'd totally love to rp this (I've only seen the first episode though so) owo

@WantYourSoul : I haven't actually made the RP yet, but I have started work on it, using the second idea, the one like the 100 but also my own idea. I'll notify you when the thread is made :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back