Other Thank you on behalf of mobile users!

Epiphany

Proverbs 17:9
I've noticed a significant uptick of Interest Checks where the host puts up a slew of code that looks amazing on PC but is impossible to scroll through or even see on phones/tablets.

And I've seen a definite uptick of those hosts then providing what's basically the raw text separately, usually in a spoiler, just for mobile users.

As someone who does most of my idle reading on my phone, on behalf of all mobile users I thank and salute you folks who think of us!

I always say in my RPs that using code incompatible with mobile devices is prohibited.
I'm always on my tablet for RPN, so I would hate not to be able to read responses in my own thread.

I've also never seen what you're describing. If it's an issue, I ask for the information in a PM. It's great that some people are thoughtful enough to include it in the thread.

As someone who rarely uses his phone to see RPN how do I know which codes are compatible with mobile devices and which arent? :/

As a general rule, anytime you mess with imposed borders and columns, it's pretty risky for the mobile experience.

Scroll bars are the worst. Best case scenario, they're a pain to scroll through. But usually, I can't seem to scroll from them at all, so I have to click 'reply' to quote the post out just so I can read the raw text. Which can also be annoying if I have to comb through code to see the actual content.

Ah well...

Ive discovered that turning my phone sideways helps most of the time to 'flip' it and allow me to see better, but my phone isn't the fastest draw in the west, so it takes forever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back